VS2008 change my css background image source

 Hello all,I'm new here.I want to ask all pro here regarding my prob with VS2008.I just started building and ASP.NET web application.

I'm using IIS as my web server.So far no problem at all but my problem is everytime i'm create my css style using wizard,for background image it will

using source using document default.

Example in my CSS files : #top-header{background-image:url('C://Inetpub/wwwroot/images/header.gif')}

I hope you all can help me solve my problem.TQ

0
hex

 this usually happens when the IIS or web application which you are building does not reside in the path specified, so VS has no choice but to put in the absolute path

0
kwanann
4/29/2009 9:42:57 PM

 First you should move the folder images to your virtual directory and then

 if you are making Project option from VS2008

you can replace

hex-coder:
C://Inetpub/wwwroot
with /

if you are making website option from VS2008

you can replace

hex-coder:
C://Inetpub/wwwroot
with /"Your Virtual Directory Name"/

hope this helps

Mostafa Issa Issa

MSTC ,.NET Developer
LINKdotNET - LINK Development

Don't forget to Mark As Answer on the post that helped you. It encourages them to share their knowledge, and it helps others to easily identify the solution.
0
WarCry
4/29/2009 9:55:32 PM

 it still show image path from file and not from images folder.I need to type manually for image source.

0
hex

What is the difference between Visual studio.net and Visual studio 2008 express?
 I am fairly new in ASP.net development, i have downloaded sql express and visual studio express on the microsoft site, but i was just wondering if there is a huge difference between the express packages and the actual profesional packages. Any ideas on that?www.buggrep.comBest error repository site on the web!! If you are new then dont worry about it it, visual web developer express and sql server express are both fine for developing with all the major features of asp.net / sql server.There are some advanced features that I dont even know what they are.I think that the older sql expr...

basic question: why can i not see CSS background image when I put in external .CSS file in visual studio 2005...
..and 'view in browser'  But I can see it if i put style directly in the .aspx file? all other CSS styles work from external .css file except the background-image one.... any one know why???? probably your css is in a different folder than your page and nested at different levels relative to where the image is so when its loading it the path to the image is wrong.  remember that when we load external css the path to the background image has to be relative to where the css file is, not to the page that is loading it. example ROOT DIRECTORY  / CSS (folder)&...

Installing Visual Studio 2008 Beta 2 With Visual Studio 2003 and Visual Studio 2005 On Machine
I recently completed a successful installation of Visual Studio 2005 on my machine that had Visual Studio 2003 on it already.  I am interested in the beta of Visual Studio 2008, but I'm not sure if there will be conflicts with the previous versions.  Has anyone done this successfully?  Are there any special steps that need to happen for these three development environments to exist together?You can't stop entropy so why even try? I have installed it on my machine but havent had any problems until now though I have not done a lot of work on 2008 yet. This is the only ...

Difference between visual studio 2008 development edition and visual studio 2008 team edition?
i see some menus changed but what is the actual difference The following link has the VS product Comparison chart: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=727bcfb0-b575-47ab-9fd8-4ee067bb3a37&DisplayLang=en In short, Team Suite has tools that are in the Architectute, Database, and Test editions that the Development edition does not have....

Visual Studio 2008 with Visual source safe 6.0
Got Visual Studio 2008 installed on each of 2 developers machines. Like to install VSS 6.0 to maintain ASP.NET 2.0 web application source code. Just now web application is running on my pc using Visual studio provided development IIS Server when I run it, haven't deployed the application to IIS yet. Because of initial development stages of app. would like to know how to configure VSS 6.0 and place web application on source safe, so that other developers can access the same code to maintain a centralised source code.(checkin, checkout etc) 1) Hosting web application to IIS ( for time b...

Visual Basic.NET or Visual Studio.NET?

Visual Studio 2008 +Visual Basic 2008
Hello, I am wondering if I can use Visual Studio 2008 pro to create a project in Visual Basic 2008 for PDAs...? Should it have an option to create a PDA's projects?   Yes, you can create one under New Project --> Visual basic --> Smart Device Project.  Good Luck....

Visual Studio .Net? Visual Basic .Net?

Difficulty in Displaying Images From Database in Image in DetailsView (Visual Studio 2008)
Hi vrybody, my greet... This will b my 1st post hope I can get a feedback soon. coz im cracking my head 4 a day.. n deadline is near... What im trying to do is, I want to display a list of images with d details that I hav stored in my database. I have saved d image's url as C:\Documents and Settings\Prncy\My Documents\Visual Studio 2008\Projects\cWebsite.com\gardenhome.jpg. I want it 2 b databound to an image control in detailsview. This is my codes... Im realy sure that im wrong somewhere so can sombody correct me? Or show me an easier way? Plz... ...

Change Target Framework For Web Applicaton in Visual Basic in Visual Studio.NET
When we create a Web Application project in Visual Studio .NET using C# language we get a option for "Target Framework" in Application Property page. Using this we can change the Framework Version on which the CLR will complir or Build the application. But When we create the same usnig "Visual Basic" (i.e. Web Application) we don't see the "Target Framework" in Application Property page. What should I do if I want to change the Framework Version for the "Web Application" type project in VB in Visual Studio.NET 2008.  Try Compile tab and...

Web resources about - VS2008 change my css background image source - asp.net.visual-studio-2008

Discovery of cosmic microwave background radiation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The accidental discovery of cosmic microwave background radiation is a major development in modern physical cosmology . Although predicted by ...

Android App OStream Speeds Up Facebook Experience By Synchronizing Content In Background
Facebook’s newly revamped Android application was rebuilt with a focus on speed, and startup oStream wants to help users of devices on that operating ...

Background for Dick Armey’s Endorsement of “Nothing for the Nation”
To truly grasp the profound nature of Dick Armey’s endorsement of Nothing for the Nation: Who Got What Out of Iraq, one must understand the events ...

Facebook Photos Gets Polish: White Background, Bigger Images That Load Faster
... Facebook product manager Justin Shaffer describes a new version of Facebook’s photo viewer coming out now. In place of the black lightbox background ...

Easy Background Tasks in ASP.NET
As I work on the badge implementation for Stack Overflow, I needed a way to call the code that detects and awards the badges out of band. Traditionally ...

Camera Amazing with Pictures Background Remover for iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPod touch ...
Get Camera Amazing with Pictures Background Remover on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Rolling background checks to protect children
BACKGROUND screening checks will be monitored in real-time to ensure people who commit offences cannot continue to work with children and other ...

Record for US gun background checks
More US residents applied to purchase handguns, rifles and other firearms from licensed dealers on Black Friday than any other day on record, ...

FBI: Black Friday Background Checks ‘Shattered Single-Day Record’
FBI: Background Checks Surged to New Record on Black Friday

Rubio: Gun background checks couldn't have stopped "terror attack"
The Florida senator says gun violence occurs, not because of lax gun laws, but because of mental health issues and cultural changes in the U.S. ...