VS.NET 2008 / Web Site Project / 3.5 Framework ... How do I enable GridLayout

Hello,

I'm designing a Web Site using Visual Studio 2008 Team Developer Edition. I need to enable GridLayout on my forms so that I can drag and drop controls on the form and move them about with my mouse (similar to a WinForms application). I cannot for the life of me find where I set that. Any help would be really appreciated.

Thanks

-- Val
0
vpalhories

don't think it exists any more as the default option. . see the post and comment from Mikhail http://forums.asp.net/t/1195880.aspx .

some alternate options

http://blogs.msdn.com/webdevtools/archive/2008/03/11/absolute-and-relative-positioning-in-visual-web-developer-2008-designer.aspx

Jeev
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
If you get the answer to your question, please mark it as the answer.
0
Jeev
6/17/2008 6:14:32 PM

If you prefer to have the controls drag-and-drop to absolute positioning, follow these steps:

GridLayout is not XHTML compliant, however, you can enable CSS positioning for the same results.

  1. With a Web Page open on the Design pane, click Tool - Options in VS 2008.
  2. On the left side of the Options dialog, collapse everything in the tree view.
  3. Expand HTML Designer and click on CSS Styling.
  4. Check the last checkbox near the bottom that states, "Change positioning to absolute for controls added using Toolbox, paste or drag and drop".
  5. Click OK.

One last thing... It's tempting to grab the control itself to drag it around. Instead, grab the white "tooltip" tag directly above the control.

Good luck!

0
corkwatchr

Support for dw.NET 2.5 in VS 2008, .NET framework 3.5 and Oracle 10.2g
Hi, I intend to use the datawindow.NET 2.5 in VS 2008 (.NET framework 3.5) using a Oracle 10.2g database as a backend and later using Oracle 11g as backend. Can someone please let me know if the product is supported in the environments mentioned. All help will be highly appreciated and many thanks in advance. Regards Hasan Kasamali On Nov 24, 3:06=A0am, Hasan Kasamali wrote: > Hi, > > I intend to use the datawindow.NET 2.5 in VS 2008 (.NET > framework 3.5) using a Oracle 10.2g database as a backend > and later using Oracle 11g as backend. > > Can ...

new features for Visual Studio 2008 and .Net FrameWork 3.0 &3.5
Hi,    What are the new features for Visual Studio 2008 and .Net FrameWork 3.0 &3.5  There are many of them. Pleas check the links below for a list of them.http://weblogs.asp.net/scottgu/http://www.vikramlakhotia.com/AspNet_3X.aspx Vikram www.vikramlakhotia.comPlease mark the answer if it helped you...

Creating Reports in Visual Studio 2008/.NET Framework 3.5
I am trying to create reports in VB using Visual Studio 2008/.NET Framework 3.5 with a SQL Server 2000 backend (moving to SQL Server 2005 in a couple of months). I am fairly new to this environment and I'm not sure what the best approach is. I see that there is a Visual Studio Template for Reports, but my attempts to get it working have failed. I've tried finding tutorials on this, but nothing is quite what I need. It seems most articles are for VS 2005 or SQL Reporting Services. Any help would be greatly appreciated as I'm tired of going in circles. I have decided to keep ...

Set datasource for web cystalreport in VS 2008 ( .net framework 3.5 )
Hi all,I'm using VS 2008, I have a crystalreport ( cp ) and a crystalreportview ( cpv ). but create web crystalreport is not like VS 2005, Because i can't find SetDataSource method. How could i set a dataset into cp?...

web.config file crashing my VWD 2008/.NET 3.5 Framework site?
I've just finished the strawman of a website I'm developing using VWD 2008 Beta2. Last night I downloaded the release version plus Framework 3.5, test the site and it ran fine on my localhost. Today I uploaded the site to my hosting service (godaddy) and the site displays fine and can navigate through the pages. However when I load up my web.config file the site falls over and the page not found message is displayed. Here is my web.config file: <!-- Note: As an alternative to hand editing this file you can use the web admin tool to configure settings for yo...

Using a REST API using "Astoria" (with .NET Framework 3.5 and VS.NET 2008 SP1)
Hello! I'm really interested in learning how to work with the new .NET Framework 3.5 and VS.NET 2008 SP1 (still beta). Here is my question: I would like to use a REST API that is not made by me. I'm talking about the REST API of Community Server 2008 (www.communityserver.org). I've got the full specification of the API. They have it well documented and ready to go. It appears to be very easy to use, but... HOW? How to connect the web services with the new .NET 3.5 properly? The full specification can be read here: http://api.communityserver.org. I've successully used...

Has anyone upgraded to Bet.net framework version 3.5 service pack 1 to resolve issues using Visual Studio 2008?
I am considering upgrading to SP1 but this release is relatively new - Aug 2008  I would like to know if anyone has upgraded to Bet.net framework version 3.5 service pack 1 as a result of issues with using visual studio 2008.If yes please can you provide details  I installed Visual Studio 2008 SP1 (it installs the .NET 3.5 SP1 as well) and it works great. You will only have problems if you have installed the SP1 beta. If that is the case you will find this tool very useful when removing the beta installation. I use it in production and have never had any problems.http://pavkata.b...

Converting Visual Studio 2003 (1.1 framework) to Visual Studio 2008 (3.5 framework)
I am having problems converting my application.  Here are the steps I have taken (or tried so far) (structure of the folders are root folder has solution and sub folder has .csproj and all other files) 1 - manually copied the 2003 files to a new folder 2 - Added a virtual directory for that new folder 3 - Manually changed the .sln in the new folder to point to the new virtual directory 4 - Started 2008 and received error stating the web site doesnot exist at location "http://localhost/projectfolder/projectname.csproj" Hi Please follow the following steps ( Sk...

.NET 3.5 (Visual Studio 2008)
I am new to powerdesigner, and mostly very impressed. Using version 15.1.0.2850 I am look at OOMs and I only see VS2005 support? and the web service support seems to be for the .asmx style web service and not WCF .svc style? Is there something I am missing or is this expected in a future release? btw, had rediculous fun modelling some XML Schema (NIEM IEPDs) ... nice tool ... now to hook that to a web service and object model Thanks, Gordon ...

How to upgrade .net 2.0 to .net 3.5 in vs 2008
Hi, I did not upgrade .net2.0 to .net 3.5 when I first open vs 2008. but, I now want to upgrade it to 3.5. can someone tell me how to do it in vs 2008? where can open the wizard window again to upgrade?thanks. Xiuxian      Hi, All you have to do is open the .sln or project file of VS 2005 in VS2008. File > Open > Solution. The VS 2008 Conversion Wizard will ask you to upgrade. HTH,Suprotim Agarwal  ASP.NET Grid With Excel Capabilities | 27 GridView Tips & Tricks | Hosting your site? | SQL Server Tips I would imagine you could just in...

VS 2008 y .Net Framework 3.5
Hi misters,  I have VS 2005 + ASP.NET 2.0 + .net framework 2.0 installed in a machine. Several questions:  1. I want .net framework 3.0 + asp.net ajax , what I need install ?2.  If I want VS 2008 + .net framework 3.5 + ¿asp.net 3.5?, what I need install ?  Thanks in advance.http://www.setbb.com/putainformatica/viewtopic.php?p=843 www.trabajobasura.com/solusoft www.kiquenet.net/churrosoft 1.  You need to download the .NET Framework 3.0 http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=10CC340B-F857-4A14-83F5-25634C3BF043&displaylang=en and asp.net aja...

Integrating Visual Studio 2008 / .NET 3.5 with PayPal
I am trying to integrate Visual Studio 2008 and .NET 3.5 with PayPal.  I have not seen any PayPal SDKs that work on the 2.0, 3.0 or 3.5 frameworks.  What is everyone using in order to do PayPal e-commerce in their projects?  I am open to switching away from PayPal as long as someone can provide me with a link to a decent e-commerce SDK.You can't stop entropy so why even try? If SDK is 1.1 based, you can still use it since 1.1 assemblies will work with 2.0 and 3.5.Thanks------------------------------------------------------------This posting is provided "AS IS&q...

Visual Studio 2008 & .NET 3.5
Hi all In the company we're currently developing some applications in ASP.NET 2.0 with Visual Studio 2005 and we're seriously thinking about an upgrade to Visual Studio 2008 and .NET 3.5.What are your experiences with the new framework and the new Visual Studio? Are they already reliable for the productive use or are they still buggy like Vista or the first AJAX release?It's very important for us to do this upgrade only if the is stability is warranted. Thank you for your feedbacks! I too would be interested in answers to King's questions.Please be sure to click "Ma...

VS.NET 2005 V/s VWD 2008 & VS.NET 2008
Hi, I just download Visual Web Developer 2008 and little use it. Can anyone inform me what is the major difference b/w VS.NET 2005 V/s VWD 2008, I am asking only on the ASP.NET point of view. Can some one also guide me If I use Visual Studio 2008 so what major extra benefit I can take as compare to using VWD 2008. Please give me some practical example. Thanks in advance. Difference VS 2005 Target Framework 2.0 AJAX - To be installed separately by installing AJAX Extensions JavaScript Intellisense -limited JavaScript debugging - limited VWD 2008 Target Framework 2.0-3.5 ...

Web resources about - VS.NET 2008 / Web Site Project / 3.5 Framework ... How do I enable GridLayout - asp.net.visual-studio-2008

Android Developers Blog
Posted by Ian Lake , Developer Advocate You may have heard the phrase ‘the best code is no code.’ While we don’t recommend not writing any code ...

New Layout Widgets: Space and GridLayout
... (ICS) sports two new widgets that have been designed to support the richer user interfaces made possible by larger displays: Space and GridLayout ...

Support Library Setup - Android Developers
Before adding a Support Library to your application, decide what features you want to include and the lowest Android versions you want to support. ...

Androidcentral
Skip to main content Androidcentral News Apps Devices Help & How To Root your phone Forums Newest posts Galaxy S5 forums HTC One M8 forums Nexus ...

Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com
Trying to transfer files between my Tab 3 and my PC. Downloaded Kies, but it does not recognize my Tab when I plug in the USB cable. I've found ...

Price - BlackBerry SDK for Adobe AIR - BlackBerry Developer net.rim.blackberry.payment.Price
BlackBerry Developer Blog YouTube Forum Signing keys Feedback Register Login BlackBerry ® SDK for Adobe ® AIR ® Roadmap › Downloads Sample apps ...

DialogAlign - BlackBerry Tablet OS SDK for Adobe AIR qnx.dialog.DialogAlign
BlackBerry Developer Blog Forum Signing keys Feedback Register Login Adobe AIR Download Sample apps Documentation Reference Search for net.r ...

SDK for Android M (preview) is available now
Android-er For Android development, from beginner to beginner. Thursday, May 28, 2015 SDK for Android M (preview) is available now Android SDK ...

Deal of the Day: Seidio Spring-Clip Holster for BlackBerry Z10
For today only, buy the Seidio Spring-Clip Holster for BlackBerry Z10 and save 43% off the list price! This Spring Clip Holster holds your BlackBerry ...

Java and JavaScript Programming, by Richard G Baldwin
OnlineJava and JavaScript tutorial lessons designed to teach youhow to program in Java and JavaScript. Content ranges fromIntroductory to Advanced. ...