visual studio object browser not showing webmethods

Good morning

when I create a empty web service project and complile it, the dll generated, when used as a reference in another project, the object browser does not show up the helloworld web methods.

Sorry that's pretty bad English above

Yet when I load other web services dll's they do show the web methods.

Any ideas why?

thanks

David

Imports System.Web.Services

Imports System.Web.Services.Protocols

Imports System.ComponentModel<System.Web.Services.WebService(Namespace:="http://tempuri.org/")> _

<System.Web.Services.WebServiceBinding(ConformsTo:=WsiProfiles.BasicProfile1_1)> _

<ToolboxItem(False)> _

Public Class Service1Inherits System.Web.Services.WebService

<WebMethod()> _

Public Function HelloWorld() As String

Return "Hello World"

End Function

End Class

0
gangyhills

What is the difference between Visual studio.net and Visual studio 2008 express?
 I am fairly new in ASP.net development, i have downloaded sql express and visual studio express on the microsoft site, but i was just wondering if there is a huge difference between the express packages and the actual profesional packages. Any ideas on that?www.buggrep.comBest error repository site on the web!! If you are new then dont worry about it it, visual web developer express and sql server express are both fine for developing with all the major features of asp.net / sql server.There are some advanced features that I dont even know what they are.I think that the older sql expr...

Installing Visual Studio 2008 Beta 2 With Visual Studio 2003 and Visual Studio 2005 On Machine
I recently completed a successful installation of Visual Studio 2005 on my machine that had Visual Studio 2003 on it already.  I am interested in the beta of Visual Studio 2008, but I'm not sure if there will be conflicts with the previous versions.  Has anyone done this successfully?  Are there any special steps that need to happen for these three development environments to exist together?You can't stop entropy so why even try? I have installed it on my machine but havent had any problems until now though I have not done a lot of work on 2008 yet. This is the only ...

Difference between visual studio 2008 development edition and visual studio 2008 team edition?
i see some menus changed but what is the actual difference The following link has the VS product Comparison chart: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=727bcfb0-b575-47ab-9fd8-4ee067bb3a37&DisplayLang=en In short, Team Suite has tools that are in the Architectute, Database, and Test editions that the Development edition does not have....

from Visual Studio .NET to Visual studio 2005 (VB)
Good evening, i hame one quistion about diffrenece Visual studio 2005 and older version.In Visual studio .NET to work with table from data base i do next steps:1. Create new connection to data base in data explorer2. Push my table from data explorer to my form, and master automatically create two components (SqlConnection and SqlDataAdapter)3. Add to from new object - Dataset for transering data to client application (i amke a web service) and execute command from menu Data | Generate DataSet, then in Dialog box i Add this dataset to the designerThat's itThe quistion is how to do this st...

upgrading from visual studio 2005 to visual studio 2008
Hi,Im using visual studio 2005 currently and due to new features provided in visual studio 2008 want to use that. But im in fear of uninstalling visual studio 2005 tha installing visual studio 2008 . it take a lot time. Is there any upgradatio wizard so that i can upgrade my older version of visual studio with the new version i.e. with 2008. If no than please tell me every possible way and alternatives.   Please Help Me OutThanks in advance!! Hi, You shouldn't have any problem running 2005 and 2008 on one machine.  .net 3.5 is pretty much .net 2.0 with new feature...

Visual Studio 2005 vs Visual Studio 2008
I have 2 systems. One running XP Pro SP2 + updates second Vista + Updates (and SP1 when its released) I have a copy of Visual Studio 2005 and Visual Studio 2008. Should i use Visual Studio 2008 on both systems as it allows me to target different .Net platforms? or should i use XP with VS 2005 and Vista with VS 2008. My aim is to create projects for different platforms but still have the advantages of a new product and features i.e. WPF, AJAX, intellisense etc. Is there a reason why someone would want to have VS2005 running on XP rather than VS 2008. Im under the impression VS 20...

Convert Visual Studio 2008 code to Visual Studio 2005
 I had created my website in  in Visual Studio 2008 in our college, but now I want to run this website at my home,but problem is I have Visual Studio 2005 at my home, so please tell me how can I run this website on Visual Studio 2005.Is there any conversion tool available.Thanks a lot in advance There is no backward conversion tool that I know of. If you are using a web site project (not a web application project), just create a new web site project in VS2005 and point it at a copy of the code.If it is a web application project, you'll have to create a new project and then us...

Can I Have Visual Studio.NET and Visual Studio 2005 together?
Hi everyone. Can I have Visual Studio.NET and Visual Studio 2005 installed in the same machine? I want to install Studio 2005 but I do not want to uninstall Studio.NET yet. Thanks!C# I am running VS 2003 and VS 2005 together with no problems.Martin Lawrence, MCSE, CNE, A+ Recut Technologies Ltd. http://www.recut.com Yes, they can be installed side-by-side. I have it installed side-by-side on my computer and it works perfectly without any conflicts. I even think there is a Version Selector (not something you have to install as it is installed by default) which will make sure your pro...

Shifting to Visual Studio 2008, should i uninstall Visual studio 2005
I have a Web application which has been developed in Visual studio 2005 (.NEt 2.0) . Now i am shifting to Visual Studio 2008. I am not aware what all errors will i get in Visual studio 2008 (.NET 3.5). However i read that Visual Studio 2008 has an option of Choosing the .NET Framework (2.0,3.0,3.5). Does that imply that any web application which is currenlty having no errors in Visual studio 2005(.NET framework 2.0) will build successfully in Visual studio 2008 if i choose the .NET Freamework as 2.0 or are there any other dependies.   Hi, for my former project we upgraded to v...

Visual Studio 2005 vs Visual Studio 2008 #2
Are there any known issues with decimal rounding in VS 2008.  I have developed a timesheet app that calculates hours based on start and stop times.  It works fine when I use debugger in VS 2005 and a local host.  My boss uses VS 2008 to publish my app.  When he publishes it, my calculations are not rounding properly.  Example:  Someone clocks in at 11:30pm and clocks out at 11:59pm,  in debug mode on my localhost, it rounds it to .5 hours.  When this code gets published, it rounds it to 0 hours.  Thanks  Considering that both the VS 2005...

Web resources about - visual studio object browser not showing webmethods - asp.net.visual-studio-2008

webMethods - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... secondary sources about the topic. If notability cannot be established, the article is likely to be merged , redirected , or deleted . webMethods ...

Phillip Merrick, CEO, webMethods (extended)
... Wal-Mart.com Stratton Sclavos, VeriSign Mika Salmi, AtomFilms Greg Peters, Vignette Darien Dash, DME Interactive Phillip Merrick, webMethods ...

Military contractor drafts WebMethods for RFID
... investors don't salute. A CNET article by Alorie Gilbert, Staff Writer, CNET News. Published on July 19, 2004 3:11 PM PDT. Software maker WebMethods ...

Software AG pumps up PaaS suite with tools and webMethods dynamic cloud scaling
Two more parts of Software AG's platform-as-a-service suite are now available, along with the latest, scalable version of its webMethods integration ...

Eddie Amos - LinkedIn
View Eddie Amos's professional profile on LinkedIn. LinkedIn is the world's largest business network, helping professionals like Eddie Amos discover ...

ME Bank bakes security into core overhaul
Doles out role access to staff.

About Us - 99tests
Who We Are The 99tests team came together in September and launched on 14th November 2010. We are a Maverick team, taking the path less traveled. ...

Leadership Team - AddThis
Learn more about our fearless leaders at AddThis.

Team - Apigee
As a leader and innovator in the high-tech industry, Chet has spent 20 years in leadership positions in innovative software and hardware companies ...

JMX Monitoring - Java Management Extensions Monitoring - AppDynamics
AppDynamics allows the user to monitor and trend JMX Metrics and Application MBeans in real-time so you can analyze how resource inside your ...