Visual Studio 2005 vs Visual Studio 2008 #2

Are there any known issues with decimal rounding in VS 2008.  I have developed a timesheet app that calculates hours based on start and stop times.  It works fine when I use debugger in VS 2005 and a local host.  My boss uses VS 2008 to publish my app.  When he publishes it, my calculations are not rounding properly.

Example:  Someone clocks in at 11:30pm and clocks out at 11:59pm,  in debug mode on my localhost, it rounds it to .5 hours.  When this code gets published, it rounds it to 0 hours.

jjkky

 Considering that both the VS 2005 and VS 2008 use the same version of the CLR, I would not expect this. Can you provide the code used to do the calculation?

Cheers,
       Kevin Jones

0
vcsjones
1/28/2009 5:48:20 PM

When you say 'debug mode' - do you mean 'compiled for debugging' or 'running under debugger' ? If application is stopped on a breakpoint or you are stepping through the code, clock is not running and you may see different numbers compared to a regular application run without debugging.

Mikhail
1/28/2009 5:57:31 PM

It's an awful lot of code but here it is and thanks for reviewing:

vsubHTot1 = 0

vsubHTot2 = 0

vsubHTot3 = 0

vsubMTot1 = 0

vsubMTot2 = 0

vsubMTot3 = 0

Dim dFirstShiftTot As Decimal = 0

Dim dSecondShiftTot As Decimal = 0

Dim dThirdShiftTot As Decimal = 0

Dim dTotalShift As Decimal = 0

Dim ttot As Decimal = 0

Dim ctot As Decimal = 0

Dim vfTot As Decimal = 0

Dim vsTot As Decimal = 0

Dim vtTot As Decimal = 0

Dim vtotmins As Integer = 0

Dim vtothours As Integer = 0

Dim rtotmins As Integer = 0

Dim rtothours As Integer = 0

'========= Calculate First Time In and First Time Out

If (dIn1 >= rbFshift) And (dIn1 <= reFShift) Then

If dOut1 >= rbFshift And dOut1 <= reFShift Then

ctot = CalcTimeDiff(dIn1, dOut1)

dFirstShiftTot = dFirstShiftTot + ctot

ElseIf dOut1 >= rbFshift Then

reFShift = tdate & " 4:00:00 PM"

vsubHTot1 = System.Math.Round(DateDiff("s", dIn1, reFShift) \ (60 * 60), 2, MidpointRounding.AwayFromZero)vsubMTot1 = System.Math.Round((DateDiff("s", dIn1, reFShift) Mod (60 * 60)) \ 60, 2, MidpointRounding.AwayFromZero)

vtothours = vtothours + vsubHTot1

vtotmins = vtotmins + vsubMTot1

vtotmins = RoundMinutes(vtotmins)

' Modified by JJK 6/11/2008

If vtotmins > 52 Then

vtotmins = 0

vsubMTot1 = 0

vtothours = vtothours + 1

vsubHTot1 = vsubHTot1 + 1

End If

' End Modification

xTotal1 = System.Math.Round(vsubHTot1 + (vtotmins / 60), 2, MidpointRounding.AwayFromZero)

dFirstShiftTot = dFirstShiftTot + xTotal1

vsTot = AddSecondShift(dOut1, dSecondShiftTot, rbSShift, vsTot)

dSecondShiftTot = vsTot

reFShift = tdate & " 3:59:59 PM"

End If

End If

If (dIn1 >= rbSShift) And (dIn1 <= reSShift) Then

If dOut1 >= rbSShift And dOut1 <= reSShift Then

ctot = CalcTimeDiff(dIn1, dOut1)

dSecondShiftTot = dSecondShiftTot + ctot

ElseIf dOut1 >= rbSShift Then

vsubHTot2 = System.Math.Round(DateDiff("s", dIn1, reSShift) \ (60 * 60), 2, MidpointRounding.AwayFromZero)vsubMTot2 = System.Math.Round((DateDiff("s", dIn1, reSShift) Mod (60 * 60)) \ 60, 2, MidpointRounding.AwayFromZero)

vtothours = vtothours + vsubHTot2

vtotmins = vtotmins + vsubMTot2

vtotmins = RoundMinutes(vtotmins)

' Modified by JJK 6/11/2008

If vtotmins > 52 Then

vtotmins = 0

vsubMTot2 = 0

vtothours = vtothours + 1

vsubHTot2 = vsubHTot2 + 1

End If

' End Modification

xTotal2 = System.Math.Round(vsubHTot2 + (vtotmins / 60), 2, MidpointRounding.AwayFromZero)

dSecondShiftTot = dSecondShiftTot + xTotal2

vtTot = AddThirdShift(dOut1, dThirdShiftTot, rbTShift, vtTot)

dThirdShiftTot = vtTot

End If

End If

If (dIn1 >= rbTShift) And (dIn1 <= reTShift) Then

If dOut1 >= rbTShift And dOut1 <= reTShift Then

ctot = CalcTimeDiff(dIn1, dOut1)

dThirdShiftTot = dThirdShiftTot + ctot

ElseIf dOut1 >= rbTShift Then

reTShift = tdate & " 8:00:00 AM"

vsubHTot3 = System.Math.Round(DateDiff("s", dIn1, reTShift) \ (60 * 60), 2, MidpointRounding.AwayFromZero)vsubMTot3 = System.Math.Round((DateDiff("s", dIn1, reTShift) Mod (60 * 60)) \ 60, 2, MidpointRounding.AwayFromZero)

vtothours = vtothours + vsubHTot3

vtotmins = vtotmins + vsubMTot3

vtotmins = RoundMinutes(vtotmins)

' Modified by JJK 6/11/2008

If vtotmins > 52 Then

vtotmins = 0

vsubMTot3 = 0

vtothours = vtothours + 1

vsubHTot3 = vsubHTot3 + 1

End If

' End Modification

xTotal3 = System.Math.Round(vsubHTot3 + (vtotmins / 60), 2, MidpointRounding.AwayFromZero)

dThirdShiftTot = dThirdShiftTot + xTotal3

vfTot = AddFirstShift(dOut1, dFirstShiftTot, rbFshift, vfTot)

' Modified by JJK on 2/6/2008 =================================

dFirstShiftTot = vfTot

If vfTot > 8 Then

dSecondShiftTot = dSecondShiftTot + (vfTot - 8)

dFirstShiftTot = 8

End If

'End Modification =================================

reTShift = tdate & " 7:59:59 AM"

End If

End If

'========= Calculate Second Time In and Second Time Out

If (dIn2 >= rbFshift) And (dIn2 <= reFShift) Then

If dOut2 >= rbFshift And dOut2 <= reFShift Then

ctot = CalcTimeDiff(dIn2, dOut2)

dFirstShiftTot = dFirstShiftTot + ctot

ElseIf dOut2 >= rbFshift Then

reFShift = tdate & " 4:00:00 PM"

vsubHTot1 = System.Math.Round(DateDiff("s", dIn2, reFShift) \ (60 * 60), 2, MidpointRounding.AwayFromZero)vsubMTot1 = System.Math.Round((DateDiff("s", dIn2, reFShift) Mod (60 * 60)) \ 60, 2, MidpointRounding.AwayFromZero)

vtothours = vtothours + vsubHTot1

vtotmins = vtotmins + vsubMTot1

vtotmins = RoundMinutes(vtotmins)

' Modified by JJK 6/11/2008

If vtotmins > 52 Then

vtotmins = 0

vsubMTot1 = 0

vtothours = vtothours + 1

vsubHTot1 = vsubHTot1 + 1

End If

' End Modification

xTotal1 = System.Math.Round(vsubHTot1 + (vtotmins / 60), 2, MidpointRounding.AwayFromZero)

dFirstShiftTot = dFirstShiftTot + xTotal1

vsTot = AddSecondShift(dOut2, dSecondShiftTot, rbSShift, vsTot)

dSecondShiftTot = vsTot

reFShift = tdate & " 3:59:59 PM"

End If

End If

If (dIn2 >= rbSShift) And (dIn2 <= reSShift) Then

If dOut2 >= rbSShift And dOut2 <= reSShift Then

ctot = CalcTimeDiff(dIn2, dOut2)

dSecondShiftTot = dSecondShiftTot + ctot

ElseIf dOut2 >= rbSShift Then

vsubHTot2 = System.Math.Round(DateDiff("s", dIn2, reSShift) \ (60 * 60), 2, MidpointRounding.AwayFromZero)vsubMTot2 = System.Math.Round((DateDiff("s", dIn2, reSShift) Mod (60 * 60)) \ 60, 2, MidpointRounding.AwayFromZero)

vtothours = vtothours + vsubHTot2

vtotmins = vtotmins + vsubMTot2

vtotmins = RoundMinutes(vtotmins)

' Modified by JJK 6/11/2008

If vtotmins > 52 Then

vtotmins = 0

vsubMTot2 = 0

vtothours = vtothours + 1

vsubHTot2 = vsubHTot2 + 1

End If

' End Modification

xTotal2 = System.Math.Round(vsubHTot2 + (vtotmins / 60), 2, MidpointRounding.AwayFromZero)

dSecondShiftTot = dSecondShiftTot + xTotal2

vtTot = AddThirdShift(dOut2, dThirdShiftTot, rbTShift, vtTot)

dThirdShiftTot = vtTot

End If

End If

If (dIn2 >= rbTShift) And (dIn2 <= reTShift) Then

If dOut2 >= rbTShift And dOut2 <= reTShift Then

ctot = CalcTimeDiff(dIn2, dOut2)

dThirdShiftTot = dThirdShiftTot + ctot

ElseIf dOut2 >= rbTShift Then

reTShift = tdate & " 8:00:00 AM"

vsubHTot3 = System.Math.Round(DateDiff("s", dIn2, reTShift) \ (60 * 60), 2, MidpointRounding.AwayFromZero)vsubMTot3 = System.Math.Round((DateDiff("s", dIn2, reTShift) Mod (60 * 60)) \ 60, 2, MidpointRounding.AwayFromZero)

vtothours = vtothours + vsubHTot3

vtotmins = vtotmins + vsubMTot3

vtotmins = RoundMinutes(vtotmins)

' Modified by JJK 6/11/2008

If vtotmins > 52 Then

vtotmins = 0

vsubMTot3 = 0

vtothours = vtothours + 1

vsubHTot3 = vsubHTot3 + 1

End If

' End Modification

xTotal3 = System.Math.Round(vsubHTot3 + (vtotmins / 60), 2, MidpointRounding.AwayFromZero)

dThirdShiftTot = dThirdShiftTot + xTotal3

vfTot = AddFirstShift(dOut2, dFirstShiftTot, rbFshift, vfTot)

dFirstShiftTot = vfTot

reTShift = tdate & " 7:59:59 AM"

End If

End If

'========= Calculate Third Time In and Third Time Out

If (dIn3 >= rbFshift) And (dIn3 <= reFShift) Then

If dOut3 >= rbFshift And dOut3 <= reFShift Then

ctot = CalcTimeDiff(dIn3, dOut3)

dFirstShiftTot = dFirstShiftTot + ctot

ElseIf dOut3 >= rbFshift Then

reFShift = tdate & " 4:00:00 PM"

vsubHTot1 = System.Math.Round(DateDiff("s", dIn3, reFShift) \ (60 * 60), 2, MidpointRounding.AwayFromZero)vsubMTot1 = System.Math.Round((DateDiff("s", dIn3, reFShift) Mod (60 * 60)) \ 60, 2, MidpointRounding.AwayFromZero)

vtothours = vtothours + vsubHTot1

vtotmins = vtotmins + vsubMTot1

vtotmins = RoundMinutes(vtotmins)

' Modified by JJK 6/11/2008

If vtotmins > 52 Then

vtotmins = 0

vsubMTot1 = 0

vtothours = vtothours + 1

vsubHTot1 = vsubHTot1 + 1

End If

' End Modification

xTotal1 = System.Math.Round(vsubHTot1 + (vtotmins / 60), 2, MidpointRounding.AwayFromZero)

dFirstShiftTot = dFirstShiftTot + xTotal1

vsTot = AddSecondShift(dOut3, dSecondShiftTot, rbSShift, vsTot)

dSecondShiftTot = vsTot

reFShift = tdate & " 3:59:59 PM"

End If

End If

If (dIn3 >= rbSShift) And (dIn3 <= reSShift) Then

If dOut3 >= rbSShift And dOut3 <= reSShift Then

ctot = CalcTimeDiff(dIn3, dOut3)

dSecondShiftTot = dSecondShiftTot + ctot

ElseIf dOut3 >= rbSShift Then

vsubHTot2 = System.Math.Round(DateDiff("s", dIn3, reSShift) \ (60 * 60), 2, MidpointRounding.AwayFromZero)vsubMTot2 = System.Math.Round((DateDiff("s", dIn3, reSShift) Mod (60 * 60)) \ 60, 2, MidpointRounding.AwayFromZero)

vtothours = vtothours + vsubHTot2

vtotmins = vtotmins + vsubMTot2

vtotmins = RoundMinutes(vtotmins)

' Modified by JJK 6/11/2008

If vtotmins > 52 Then

vtotmins = 0

vsubMTot2 = 0

vtothours = vtothours + 1

vsubHTot2 = vsubHTot2 + 1

End If

' End Modification

xTotal2 = System.Math.Round(vsubHTot2 + (vtotmins / 60), 2, MidpointRounding.AwayFromZero)

dSecondShiftTot = dSecondShiftTot + xTotal2

vtTot = AddThirdShift(dOut3, dThirdShiftTot, rbTShift, vtTot)

dThirdShiftTot = vtTot

End If

End If

If (dIn3 >= rbTShift) And (dIn3 <= reTShift) Then

If dOut3 >= rbTShift And dOut3 <= reTShift Then

ctot = CalcTimeDiff(dIn3, dOut3)

dThirdShiftTot = dThirdShiftTot + ctot

ElseIf dOut3 >= rbTShift Then

reTShift = tdate & " 8:00:00 AM"

vsubHTot3 = System.Math.Round(DateDiff("s", dIn3, reTShift) \ (60 * 60), 2, MidpointRounding.AwayFromZero)vsubMTot3 = System.Math.Round((DateDiff("s", dIn3, reTShift) Mod (60 * 60)) \ 60, 2, MidpointRounding.AwayFromZero)

vtothours = vtothours + vsubHTot3

vtotmins = vtotmins + vsubMTot3

vtotmins = RoundMinutes(vtotmins)

' Modified by JJK 6/11/2008

If vtotmins > 52 Then

vtotmins = 0

vsubMTot3 = 0

vtothours = vtothours + 1

vsubHTot3 = vsubHTot3 + 1

End If

' End Modification

xTotal3 = System.Math.Round(vsubHTot3 + (vtotmins / 60), 2, MidpointRounding.AwayFromZero)

dThirdShiftTot = dThirdShiftTot + xTotal3

vfTot = AddFirstShift(dOut3, dFirstShiftTot, rbFshift, vfTot)

dFirstShiftTot = vfTot

reTShift = tdate & " 7:59:59 AM"

End If

End If

Dim vFShiftTot As Decimal = System.Math.Round(dFirstShiftTot, 2, MidpointRounding.AwayFromZero)

Dim vSShiftTot As Decimal = System.Math.Round(dSecondShiftTot, 2, MidpointRounding.AwayFromZero)

Dim vTShiftTot As Decimal = System.Math.Round(dThirdShiftTot, 2, MidpointRounding.AwayFromZero)

Dim vTotalShift As Decimal = System.Math.Round(vFShiftTot + vSShiftTot + vTShiftTot, 2, MidpointRounding.AwayFromZero)

'Temp Comment - txtTotal.Text = vTotalShift

vReturn = vFShiftTot & "," & vSShiftTot & "," & vTShiftTot & "," & vTotalShift & "," & vtothours & "," & vtotmins

Return vReturn

End Function

Public Shared Function AddFirstShift(ByVal vIn, ByVal vdFirstShiftTot, ByVal vrbFshift, ByVal vftot)

Dim htot As Decimal = 0

Dim mtot As Decimal = 0

Dim ftot As Decimal = 0

Dim rFirstShiftTot As String

htot = System.Math.Round(DateDiff("s", vrbFshift, vIn) \ (60 * 60), 2, MidpointRounding.AwayFromZero)mtot = System.Math.Round((DateDiff("s", vrbFshift, vIn) Mod (60 * 60)) \ 60, 2, MidpointRounding.AwayFromZero)

ftot = RoundMinutes(mtot)

If ftot > 52 Then

mtot = 0

htot = htot + 1

Else

mtot = ftot

End If

vftot = System.Math.Round(vftot + htot + (mtot / 60), 2, MidpointRounding.AwayFromZero)

vdFirstShiftTot = vdFirstShiftTot + vftot

rFirstShiftTot = vdFirstShiftTot

Return rFirstShiftTot

End Function

Public Shared Function AddSecondShift(ByVal vIn, ByVal vdSecondShiftTot, ByVal vrbSshift, ByVal vstot)

Dim htot As Decimal = 0

Dim mtot As Decimal = 0

Dim ftot As Decimal = 0

Dim rSecondShiftTot As String

htot = System.Math.Round(DateDiff("s", vrbSshift, vIn) \ (60 * 60), 2, MidpointRounding.AwayFromZero)mtot = System.Math.Round((DateDiff("s", vrbSshift, vIn) Mod (60 * 60)) \ 60, 2, MidpointRounding.AwayFromZero)

ftot = RoundMinutes(mtot)

If ftot > 52 Then

mtot = 0

htot = htot + 1

Else

mtot = ftot

End If

vstot = System.Math.Round(vstot + htot + (mtot / 60), 2, MidpointRounding.AwayFromZero)

vdSecondShiftTot = vdSecondShiftTot + vstot

rSecondShiftTot = vdSecondShiftTot

Return rSecondShiftTot

End Function

Public Shared Function AddThirdShift(ByVal vIn, ByVal vdThirdShiftTot, ByVal vrbTshift, ByVal vttot)

Dim htot As Decimal = 0

Dim mtot As Decimal = 0

Dim ftot As Decimal = 0

Dim rThirdShiftTot As String

htot = System.Math.Round(DateDiff("s", vrbTshift, vIn) \ (60 * 60), 2, MidpointRounding.AwayFromZero)mtot = System.Math.Round((DateDiff("s", vrbTshift, vIn) Mod (60 * 60)) \ 60, 2, MidpointRounding.AwayFromZero)

ftot = RoundMinutes(mtot)

If ftot > 52 Then

mtot = 0

htot = htot + 1

Else

mtot = ftot

End If

vttot = System.Math.Round(vttot + htot + (mtot / 60), 2, MidpointRounding.AwayFromZero)

vdThirdShiftTot = vdThirdShiftTot + vttot

rThirdShiftTot = vdThirdShiftTot

Return rThirdShiftTot

End Function

Public Shared Function CalcTimeDiff(ByVal vIn, ByVal vOut)

Dim ctot = 0

Dim ftot As Decimal = 0

Dim rCalcTot As String

Dim htot = System.Math.Round(DateDiff("s", vIn, vOut) \ (60 * 60), 2, MidpointRounding.AwayFromZero)Dim mtot = System.Math.Round((DateDiff("s", vIn, vOut) Mod (60 * 60)) \ 60, 2, MidpointRounding.AwayFromZero)

ftot = RoundMinutes(mtot)

If ftot > 52 Then

mtot = 0

htot = htot + 1

Else

mtot = ftot

End If

ctot = System.Math.Round(htot + (mtot / 60), 2)

rCalcTot = ctot

Return rCalcTot

End Function

Public Shared Function RoundMinutes(ByVal vMin)

Dim cMin = 0

If vMin >= 0 And vMin <= 7 Then

cMin = 0

Else

If vMin >= 8 And vMin <= 22 Then

cMin = 15

Else

If vMin >= 23 And vMin <= 37 Then

cMin = 30

Else

If vMin >= 38 And vMin <= 52 Then

cMin = 45

Else

cMin = vMin

End If

End If

End If

End If

Return cMin

End Function

0
jjkky
1/28/2009 6:08:27 PM

Sorry for not being clear, I meant aspx file Smile

Mikhail
1/28/2009 6:16:45 PM

Too much proprietary info to send the whole file.  Thanks anyway.

0
jjkky
1/28/2009 6:26:37 PM

How's about just top-level page directive?

Mikhail
1/28/2009 8:32:50 PM

I'm somewhat new to aspx.  Do you mean this?

<%@ Page Language="VB" MasterPageFile="~/TimeMasterPage.master" MaintainScrollPositionOnPostback = "true" CodeFile="Timesheet.aspx.vb" Inherits="Timesheet" title="Timesheet Entry Form" %>

<asp:Content ID="Content1" ContentPlaceHolderID="MainContent" Runat="Server" >

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd" >

0
jjkky
1/28/2009 9:09:12 PM

I've determined it not the VS version that is the problem but I still don't have it resolved.  Could it be related to the fact that he is publishing it from a PC running Windows Vista and I am developing it on Windows XP?

Thanks!

0
jjkky

Installing Visual Studio 2008 Beta 2 With Visual Studio 2003 and Visual Studio 2005 On Machine
I recently completed a successful installation of Visual Studio 2005 on my machine that had Visual Studio 2003 on it already.  I am interested in the beta of Visual Studio 2008, but I'm not sure if there will be conflicts with the previous versions.  Has anyone done this successfully?  Are there any special steps that need to happen for these three development environments to exist together?You can't stop entropy so why even try? I have installed it on my machine but havent had any problems until now though I have not done a lot of work on 2008 yet. This is the only ...

Visual Studio 2005 vs Visual Studio 2008
I have 2 systems. One running XP Pro SP2 + updates second Vista + Updates (and SP1 when its released) I have a copy of Visual Studio 2005 and Visual Studio 2008. Should i use Visual Studio 2008 on both systems as it allows me to target different .Net platforms? or should i use XP with VS 2005 and Vista with VS 2008. My aim is to create projects for different platforms but still have the advantages of a new product and features i.e. WPF, AJAX, intellisense etc. Is there a reason why someone would want to have VS2005 running on XP rather than VS 2008. Im under the impression VS 20...

Visual Studio 2005 vs. Visual Studio 2005 BETA 2
In terms of functionality and features, I was wondering whether there any major differences between Visual Studio 2005 and Visual Studio 2005 Beta2. Thanks From the C# Windows Apps & Web Apps - pecadillos more than anything.  I have several sizeable projects in bothe.g. MDI child/parent Mensu/toolstrips no longer automergesome complaints about rafting property that no longer exists in Windows forms controlsIf it was easy, everybody would be doing it. The primary difference was mainly a lot of bug fixes.  Two areas that we enhanced were website projects and ...

upgrading from visual studio 2005 to visual studio 2008
Hi,Im using visual studio 2005 currently and due to new features provided in visual studio 2008 want to use that. But im in fear of uninstalling visual studio 2005 tha installing visual studio 2008 . it take a lot time. Is there any upgradatio wizard so that i can upgrade my older version of visual studio with the new version i.e. with 2008. If no than please tell me every possible way and alternatives.   Please Help Me OutThanks in advance!! Hi, You shouldn't have any problem running 2005 and 2008 on one machine.  .net 3.5 is pretty much .net 2.0 with new feature...

What is the difference between Visual studio.net and Visual studio 2008 express?
 I am fairly new in ASP.net development, i have downloaded sql express and visual studio express on the microsoft site, but i was just wondering if there is a huge difference between the express packages and the actual profesional packages. Any ideas on that?www.buggrep.comBest error repository site on the web!! If you are new then dont worry about it it, visual web developer express and sql server express are both fine for developing with all the major features of asp.net / sql server.There are some advanced features that I dont even know what they are.I think that the older sql expr...

Shifting to Visual Studio 2008, should i uninstall Visual studio 2005
I have a Web application which has been developed in Visual studio 2005 (.NEt 2.0) . Now i am shifting to Visual Studio 2008. I am not aware what all errors will i get in Visual studio 2008 (.NET 3.5). However i read that Visual Studio 2008 has an option of Choosing the .NET Framework (2.0,3.0,3.5). Does that imply that any web application which is currenlty having no errors in Visual studio 2005(.NET framework 2.0) will build successfully in Visual studio 2008 if i choose the .NET Freamework as 2.0 or are there any other dependies.   Hi, for my former project we upgraded to v...

Convert Visual Studio 2008 code to Visual Studio 2005
 I had created my website in  in Visual Studio 2008 in our college, but now I want to run this website at my home,but problem is I have Visual Studio 2005 at my home, so please tell me how can I run this website on Visual Studio 2005.Is there any conversion tool available.Thanks a lot in advance There is no backward conversion tool that I know of. If you are using a web site project (not a web application project), just create a new web site project in VS2005 and point it at a copy of the code.If it is a web application project, you'll have to create a new project and then us...

Difference between visual studio 2008 development edition and visual studio 2008 team edition?
i see some menus changed but what is the actual difference The following link has the VS product Comparison chart: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=727bcfb0-b575-47ab-9fd8-4ee067bb3a37&DisplayLang=en In short, Team Suite has tools that are in the Architectute, Database, and Test editions that the Development edition does not have....

Visual Studio 2005 Express Edition beta VS Visual Studio.net 2003
Is Visual C# 2005 Express Edition Beta better than Visual Studio.net 2003 ? HighOnCodingWanna get high! in my opinon no. vs.net 2003 is a released application, and is used for more than just c#. visual studio whidbey beta is pretty cool except it's a little quirky still. I swear I can't wait til august.Kay LeeMySpace.com - http://www.myspace.com/kragieInfrastructure GroupMySpace.com- Code to live, but Live to code. What are the odds of anything actually being released in august? What are the odds of anything actually being released in august? Zero. Is Visual C# 20...

I Have visual studio 2008 how can i convert my web project to work in visual studio 2005?
 I Have visual studio 2008 how can i convert my web project to work in visual studio 2005? where is the option to convert the project to work in vs2005 area? The best way to go about this is to create a new web application by going to:  file -> open -> website -> then select the folder that your website lies in then save the solution as a visual studio 2005 project. but i dont have in save as property, the ability to convert the project to work in visual studio 2005   ok, then lets create a new asp.net web application, then add the existing files from t...

Visual studio 2005 Vs Visual studio 2003
Hi,  Can anyone please tell me the difference between Visual studio 2003 and visual studio 2005 ?  What are the main features that are available in visual studio 2005 ?   And also please let me know any url where i can get more idea about visual studio 2005. Thanks in advance  Regards, RamCheers,Ramaswamy T.S.  Check VS.NET 2005's 400 plus new features/differences here - http://www.microsoft.com/germany/msdn/400differences/default.mspxM.V. 'Anil' Radhakrishna Web Development Tips, Tricks & Trivia | My Code Gallery Recent article - How To Create...

from Visual Studio .NET to Visual studio 2005 (VB)
Good evening, i hame one quistion about diffrenece Visual studio 2005 and older version.In Visual studio .NET to work with table from data base i do next steps:1. Create new connection to data base in data explorer2. Push my table from data explorer to my form, and master automatically create two components (SqlConnection and SqlDataAdapter)3. Add to from new object - Dataset for transering data to client application (i amke a web service) and execute command from menu Data | Generate DataSet, then in Dialog box i Add this dataset to the designerThat's itThe quistion is how to do this st...

Web resources about - Visual Studio 2005 vs Visual Studio 2008 #2 - asp.net.visual-studio-2008

Visual flight rules - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Visual flight rules (VFR) are a set of regulations under which a pilot operates an aircraft in weather conditions generally clear enough to allow ...

Visual arts year in review: Catherine was great, but more cross-cultural curatorship needed
... comes to securing loans, but there are many options to be pursued at all levels. There have been some extraordinary treats in 2015 in the visual ...

Mali-470 to enable smartphone-quality visuals on wearable and IoT devices
... at ARM recently announced a new highly-efficient graphics processing unit (GPU), the ARM® Mali™-470 GPU, to enable smartphone-quality visuals ...

Your visual guide to 2017 Formula 1 car changes
Filed under: Motorsports , Videos , Racing Motorsport.com presents a visual comparison of current Formula 1 cars compared to the cars built to ...

Panasonic Signs Partnership to Deliver Visual Solutions for the Rio 2016 Olympic and Paralympic Ceremonies ...
Panasonic has signed an agreement to become an &quot;Official Ceremony Partner&quot; with the Rio 2016 Olympic Organizing Committee of the Olympic ...

HP tackles 'visual hacking' with privacy filters in laptop, tablet screens
HP is putting integrated filters in laptop and tablet displays this year so Peeping Toms can't steal confidential information when surreptitiously ...

‘Ghostbusters’ Character Posters Are Visual Equivalent Of Crossing The Streams
Forget the camp — it looks like these female paranormal investigators are taking their job seriously. Here are the rather dark first character ...

5 Easy Ways To Introduce Visual Content Into Your Marketing Campaign
... many images or videos, it can be difficult knowing where to start. This article will outline five easy strategies to start introducing visual ...

‘The Force Awakens’ video reveals lots of magic, and some reality, in film’s visual effects
... thing we can agree on when it comes to “Star Wars: The Force Awakens” is that the film certainly looked great. No doubt the usual army of visual ...