Visual SP1's version #?

Hi all:

How could I check if my VS2008 is equipped with SP1 from its version number, mine is currently 9.0.30729.1 SP ?

And how could I know, if this hotfix, http://blogs.msdn.com/webdevtools/archive/2008/02/09/downloadable-hotfix-performance-and-editor-fixes-for-microsoft-visual-studio-2008-and-visual-web-developer-express-2008.aspx, is installed already?

Thanks for any reply.

Ricky.

Take nothing on looks; take everything on evidence.
- Charles Dickens
0
aliasncnu

 If you have the service pack installed then you already have that hotfix.

Because it has SP on the end I would guess you also have the service pack installed.

This bug report here:

mentions your version and at the bottom lists it a bug in Visual Studio 2008 SP1 so I think that reinforces the idea that you have SP1 installed.
0
rtpHarry

What is the difference between Visual studio.net and Visual studio 2008 express?
 I am fairly new in ASP.net development, i have downloaded sql express and visual studio express on the microsoft site, but i was just wondering if there is a huge difference between the express packages and the actual profesional packages. Any ideas on that?www.buggrep.comBest error repository site on the web!! If you are new then dont worry about it it, visual web developer express and sql server express are both fine for developing with all the major features of asp.net / sql server.There are some advanced features that I dont even know what they are.I think that the older sql expr...

A compatible version of Visual Studio 2008 was not detected on the system. This update is designed for only the Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 (ENU) product family, and is not compatible with any Expres
 Hello,          I'm trying to install VS2008 SP1 on Vista Ultimate but I receive this error "A compatible version of Visual Studio 2008 was not detected on the system. This update is designed for only the Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 (ENU) product family, and is not compatible with any Express editions." Either I download the installer from here (http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=FBEE1648-7106-44A7-9649-6D9F6D58056E&displaylang=en) or after downloading the ISO from here (http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?Fa...

Using .dll's with Visual Studio 2008 Web Developer in VB .net code
I want to move all my class.vb files to .dll's on the server. How could I do this correctly? Would I leave them in the same App_Code folder? If there is any examples that would be helpful. Thanks. move them to a new project set project to output class library.  Reference the new project in your website.    Good Luck So I can make one dll to control all of them?  Example. Say I have a class file logging.errors(byval information as string, byval pathname as string). I can move that to a new project called MainClasses.dll and then I would in my aspx pa...

Installing Visual Studio 2008 Beta 2 With Visual Studio 2003 and Visual Studio 2005 On Machine
I recently completed a successful installation of Visual Studio 2005 on my machine that had Visual Studio 2003 on it already.  I am interested in the beta of Visual Studio 2008, but I'm not sure if there will be conflicts with the previous versions.  Has anyone done this successfully?  Are there any special steps that need to happen for these three development environments to exist together?You can't stop entropy so why even try? I have installed it on my machine but havent had any problems until now though I have not done a lot of work on 2008 yet. This is the only ...

Visual Studio 2008 +Visual Basic 2008
Hello, I am wondering if I can use Visual Studio 2008 pro to create a project in Visual Basic 2008 for PDAs...? Should it have an option to create a PDA's projects?   Yes, you can create one under New Project --> Visual basic --> Smart Device Project.  Good Luck....

Visual Basic.NET or Visual Studio.NET?

Visual Studio .Net? Visual Basic .Net?

Difference between visual studio 2008 development edition and visual studio 2008 team edition?
i see some menus changed but what is the actual difference The following link has the VS product Comparison chart: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=727bcfb0-b575-47ab-9fd8-4ee067bb3a37&DisplayLang=en In short, Team Suite has tools that are in the Architectute, Database, and Test editions that the Development edition does not have....

Compilation error after installing Visual Studio 2008 SP1 (Make sure that the class defined in this code file matches the 'inherits' attribute)
Hi Guys, I've just installed SP1 for Visual Studio 2008, and on my ASP .NET 2 project I now get this error where before it used to compile: Make sure that the class defined in this code file matches the 'inherits' attribute, and that it extends the correct base class (e.g. Page or UserControl). I've tried Google but none of the solutions relate to me as it's just a standard ASP .NET page. Infact every time I compile the error crops up on a different page (but only one error is ever shown in the list). Any ideas?Thanks in advance, Weiran.  Same problem  ...

from Visual Studio .NET to Visual studio 2005 (VB)
Good evening, i hame one quistion about diffrenece Visual studio 2005 and older version.In Visual studio .NET to work with table from data base i do next steps:1. Create new connection to data base in data explorer2. Push my table from data explorer to my form, and master automatically create two components (SqlConnection and SqlDataAdapter)3. Add to from new object - Dataset for transering data to client application (i amke a web service) and execute command from menu Data | Generate DataSet, then in Dialog box i Add this dataset to the designerThat's itThe quistion is how to do this st...

Web resources about - Visual SP1's version #? - asp.net.visual-studio-2008