The type initializer for 'IBM.Data.DB2.DB2Connection' threw an exception.

Hello,

I am using UDB  Database ( IBM DB2 9.1) with ASP.Net.

I am inserting data in DB2 database!

When I run my web site in Visual Studio 2008, I can connect with db2 database and successfully insert data!

But when I deploy my web site locally in my IIS(After creating Virtual Directory) I receive following Error!

The type initializer for 'IBM.Data.DB2.DB2Connection' threw an exception.

I uninstall/install Db2 Connect server 9.1, so many time but I am unable to find error!

Please if you can help me!

Thanks!

EME

0
eme21027

Make sure you shut off VS.NET (no devenv.exe in the taskmgr). Try running
db2nmpreg -u
then
db2nmpreg -v -d

Regards,
Pradeep
0
pradeepbohra

'Sybase.Data.AseClient.AseConnection.DriverVersion' threw an exception of type 'System.TypeInitializationException'
'Sybase.Data.AseClient.AseConnection.DriverVersion' threw an exception of type 'System.TypeInitializationException' This is an error which I am getting while instantiating AseConnection. Can I get help on this exception. I am using C# in Visual Studio 2005. I checked the version in the C:\Program Files\Sybase\OC12_5_1\ADO.NET\dll folder of Sybase.Data.AseClient.dll and sybdrvado11.dll and copied these dlls to my application's bin folder. The versions are the same. Still I am getting the above exception. Whats this code look like? Are you sure both DLLs are sa...

The type initializer for 'System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection' threw an exception.
 Hi all,When i run my project on my own computer, it works fine. But when i deploy it to server, it gives me this error. I can run my other dts and sp, but i get this error on this.. The type initializer for 'System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection' threw an exception. I googled it but could not find a solution. How can i solve this problem?  Hello sourvil, I'm not sure what the problem is. The following thread explains how you can find out more about the error that is reported: http://blogs.infosupport.com/martijnb/archive/2006/01/27/3582.aspx Jeroen Molenaar.----...

The type initializer for 'tags' threw an exception??
Hello I get the following error...  The type initializer for 'tags' threw an exception. Does anyone who what this mean, or what might be causing this? Heres the code on the page giving the error...protected void Page_Load(object sender, EventArgs e) { WebUsers user = new WebUsers(); if (!this.IsPostBack) { if (Session["user"] != null) { user = (WebUsers)Session["user"]; } else { Response.Redirect("Login.aspx"); ...

'ds.SqlCacheDependency' threw an exception of type 'System.NotSupportedException'
Hi guys, As a follow up on my previous question: http://forums.asp.net/t/1336003.aspx I would like to know if any of you have an answer to the problem with the SqlCacheDependency throwing an System.NotSupportedException when trying to update using an AccessDataSource? Thanks :) /Ole   Since the SqlCacheDependency is not supported by Access, any attempt to make use of it through an AccessDataSource control will result in a NotSupportedException: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.web.ui.webcontrols.accessdatasource.sqlcachedependency.aspx.  The mystery is why ...

TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'clGeneral' threw an exception.
Okay Here is what I did, I have done this 2 previous projects and it worked flawlessly.  It works on my local machine, but when I deploy it throws the above exception.  this project and the last project are hosted by the same company and are set-up the same (I think - default) I have a seperate class called clGeneral located in teh app_code directory. the clSecured is also located there.  The first class is nothing more than defining common variables like database connections and things like that.  The second I use to encode and decode items that I want to stor...

Length = 'requestStream.Length' threw an exception of type 'System.NotSupportedException'
 I cannot figure out why when I expand the requestStream variable that I see that error.  Here's my code:   ... request.Timeout = 30000; request.Method = "POST"; request.ContentType = "application/x-www-form-urlencoded"; // write data to stream byte[] requestBytes = Encoding.UTF8.GetBytes(request.ToString()); using (Stream requestStream = request.GetRequestStream()) { requestStream.Write(reque...

The type initializer for 'BLL.Customer' threw an exception.
What does this error mean??? No clue.........   In .NET, you can have instance constructors and you can also have a static constructor. The static constructor is used to initialize static variables or do other one-time setup for all instances of a class, usually. Static constructors are also called type initializers, and will be called before the first instance of the class is constructed (it appears to usually happen when you first call a method that needs to know about the type). To see the code that is throwing an exception, look at the code for the class mentioned. In C#, look f...

Unit test causes exception "The type initializer for 'XXX' threw an exception" when running code which accesses appSettings of the webconfig
I have a method which I want to unit test, the code inside that method accesses the appSetting to get the connectionString : System.Configuration.ConfigurationSettings.AppSettings["ConnectionString"].ToString(); this piece of code works fine , but when  I m doing the unit test to test the method, the above line gives the below exception :MyMethod threw exception:  System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'XXX' threw an exception. --->  System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object..  ...

Unable to cast object of type 'System.Data.DataView' to type 'System.Data.DataTable'.
what is my problem? I'm working with GridView for sorting The error message is that "Unable to cast object of type 'System.Data.DataView' to type 'System.Data.DataTable'".... Dim m_DataTable As DataTable = GridView1.DataSource How can I change the code above?   Well let's see, if your DataSource is a DataView, you can get its associated DataTable object using the .Table property: Dim m_DataTable As DataTable = GridView1.DataSource.Table or in a land of strict typing:  Dim m_DataTable As DataTable = CType(GridView1.DataSource, System.Data.DataView).Table   Hope tha...

Unable to cast object of type 'System.Data.DataView' to type 'System.Data.DataTable'.
When I click the sort hyperlink, I got this error mesg: Unable to cast object of type 'System.Data.DataView' to type 'System.Data.DataTable'.  in line 5.How do I fix this? Thanks. 1 Protected Sub GVCRlisting_Sorting(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.Web.UI.WebControls.GridViewSortEventArgs) Handles GVCRlisting.Sorting 2 GridViewSortExpression = e.SortExpression 3 Dim pageIndex As Integer = GVCRlisting.PageIndex 4 5 GVCRlisting.DataSource = SortDataTable(GVCRlisting.DataSource, False) 6 GVCRlisting....

The type initializer for 'System.Drawing.ToolboxBitmapAttribute' threw an exception
Hi,All of a sudden I started getting this nasty exception all over the place:The type initializer for 'System.Drawing.ToolboxBitmapAttribute' threw an exception. Some relevant observations:* The error started occuring a few hours after the last deployment to the live server, not immediately after. So it basically started occuring of its own accord.* We have recently moved to a new host (a VPS). The error only occurs on that server, not our local server nor at the old host's (which was a shared environment).* The problem is basically the same as this guys:http://w...

The type initializer for 'System.Drawing.ToolboxBitmapAttribute' threw an exception.
I get this stacktrace at my ExceptionManager. It is caught in the Global.asax, so the exception is unhandled by my code :( We have many visitors and customers. This error occurs at least once a week, and all websites in the same pool are down. Only solution for now is to reset the pool when the error occurs. I know there are more topics on this, and I know MicroSoft is aware of the bug but does not know what to do about it. The bug will still be in the 3.5 release. If anybody has a work around for the fix, or a solution which is acceptable and avoids my customers and visitors ...

Unable to cast object of type 'System.Data.Common.DataRecordInternal' to type 'System.Data.DataRowView'.
Hi... I have a ListView which is nested in the ItemTemplate of another ListView. If a "status" value in the inner ListView = 1, then I'd like to hide the "Add to cart" link. However, the inner ListView's ItemDataBound event results in the error: "Unable to cast object of type 'System.Data.Common.DataRecordInternal' to type 'System.Data.DataRowView'." I've thoroughly searched the forums, but have not found a solution to this seemingly straightforward problem. Here is the code; the error occurs at line 8. 1 protected void L...

Web resources about - The type initializer for 'IBM.Data.DB2.DB2Connection' threw an exception. - asp.net.visual-studio-2008