Shifting to Visual Studio 2008, should i uninstall Visual studio 2005

I have a Web application which has been developed in Visual studio 2005 (.NEt 2.0) . Now i am shifting to Visual Studio 2008. I am not aware what all errors will i get in Visual studio 2008 (.NET 3.5). However i read that Visual Studio 2008 has an option of Choosing the .NET Framework (2.0,3.0,3.5).

Does that imply that any web application which is currenlty having no errors in Visual studio 2005(.NET framework 2.0) will build successfully in Visual studio 2008 if i choose the .NET Freamework as 2.0 or are there any other dependies.

0
PreetamAdwani

for my former project we upgraded to vs2008 but still targeted the .NET 2.0 framework. You can even let them be installed (2005 & 2008) side by side but if you should run out of disk space you can uninstall vs2005 and go on with vs2008.

Grz, Kris.

XIII
10/15/2008 5:39:31 AM

 Whilst I have upgraded all my projects to VS2008, only today as I still have VS2005 installed, I was able to give assistance to someone still using VS2005.

TATWORTH

Installing Visual Studio 2008 Beta 2 With Visual Studio 2003 and Visual Studio 2005 On Machine
I recently completed a successful installation of Visual Studio 2005 on my machine that had Visual Studio 2003 on it already.  I am interested in the beta of Visual Studio 2008, but I'm not sure if there will be conflicts with the previous versions.  Has anyone done this successfully?  Are there any special steps that need to happen for these three development environments to exist together?You can't stop entropy so why even try? I have installed it on my machine but havent had any problems until now though I have not done a lot of work on 2008 yet. This is the only ...

Visual Studio 2005 vs Visual Studio 2008
I have 2 systems. One running XP Pro SP2 + updates second Vista + Updates (and SP1 when its released) I have a copy of Visual Studio 2005 and Visual Studio 2008. Should i use Visual Studio 2008 on both systems as it allows me to target different .Net platforms? or should i use XP with VS 2005 and Vista with VS 2008. My aim is to create projects for different platforms but still have the advantages of a new product and features i.e. WPF, AJAX, intellisense etc. Is there a reason why someone would want to have VS2005 running on XP rather than VS 2008. Im under the impression VS 20...

upgrading from visual studio 2005 to visual studio 2008
Hi,Im using visual studio 2005 currently and due to new features provided in visual studio 2008 want to use that. But im in fear of uninstalling visual studio 2005 tha installing visual studio 2008 . it take a lot time. Is there any upgradatio wizard so that i can upgrade my older version of visual studio with the new version i.e. with 2008. If no than please tell me every possible way and alternatives.   Please Help Me OutThanks in advance!! Hi, You shouldn't have any problem running 2005 and 2008 on one machine.  .net 3.5 is pretty much .net 2.0 with new feature...

Visual Studio 2005 vs Visual Studio 2008 #2
Are there any known issues with decimal rounding in VS 2008.  I have developed a timesheet app that calculates hours based on start and stop times.  It works fine when I use debugger in VS 2005 and a local host.  My boss uses VS 2008 to publish my app.  When he publishes it, my calculations are not rounding properly.  Example:  Someone clocks in at 11:30pm and clocks out at 11:59pm,  in debug mode on my localhost, it rounds it to .5 hours.  When this code gets published, it rounds it to 0 hours.  Thanks  Considering that both the VS 2005...

Convert Visual Studio 2008 code to Visual Studio 2005
 I had created my website in  in Visual Studio 2008 in our college, but now I want to run this website at my home,but problem is I have Visual Studio 2005 at my home, so please tell me how can I run this website on Visual Studio 2005.Is there any conversion tool available.Thanks a lot in advance There is no backward conversion tool that I know of. If you are using a web site project (not a web application project), just create a new web site project in VS2005 and point it at a copy of the code.If it is a web application project, you'll have to create a new project and then us...

What is the difference between Visual studio.net and Visual studio 2008 express?
 I am fairly new in ASP.net development, i have downloaded sql express and visual studio express on the microsoft site, but i was just wondering if there is a huge difference between the express packages and the actual profesional packages. Any ideas on that?www.buggrep.comBest error repository site on the web!! If you are new then dont worry about it it, visual web developer express and sql server express are both fine for developing with all the major features of asp.net / sql server.There are some advanced features that I dont even know what they are.I think that the older sql expr...

Difference between visual studio 2008 development edition and visual studio 2008 team edition?
i see some menus changed but what is the actual difference The following link has the VS product Comparison chart: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=727bcfb0-b575-47ab-9fd8-4ee067bb3a37&DisplayLang=en In short, Team Suite has tools that are in the Architectute, Database, and Test editions that the Development edition does not have....

I Have visual studio 2008 how can i convert my web project to work in visual studio 2005?
 I Have visual studio 2008 how can i convert my web project to work in visual studio 2005? where is the option to convert the project to work in vs2005 area? The best way to go about this is to create a new web application by going to:  file -> open -> website -> then select the folder that your website lies in then save the solution as a visual studio 2005 project. but i dont have in save as property, the ability to convert the project to work in visual studio 2005   ok, then lets create a new asp.net web application, then add the existing files from t...

from Visual Studio .NET to Visual studio 2005 (VB)
Good evening, i hame one quistion about diffrenece Visual studio 2005 and older version.In Visual studio .NET to work with table from data base i do next steps:1. Create new connection to data base in data explorer2. Push my table from data explorer to my form, and master automatically create two components (SqlConnection and SqlDataAdapter)3. Add to from new object - Dataset for transering data to client application (i amke a web service) and execute command from menu Data | Generate DataSet, then in Dialog box i Add this dataset to the designerThat's itThe quistion is how to do this st...

Framework 3.0 and Visual Studio 2005 + side note question on Visual Studio 2008
HelloI just have these two quick questions.Thanks.1) Can you code in Visual Studio 2005 using Framework 3.0 instead of 2.0?2) Is the Visual Studio 2008 the final, final release available to download on the MSDN site? The reason I'm asking is that I don't want to be put into a position when it hits the DVDs in Feb. 2008 and have to uninstall. The horror stories of the past BETA uninstalls got me all scared:(  1.  yes, download the tools for VS2005 2.  I believe so, however its up to MS to make that descion!David Kiffhttp://DavidKiff.co.uk-- "Mark As Answer"...

Can I Have Visual Studio.NET and Visual Studio 2005 together?
Hi everyone. Can I have Visual Studio.NET and Visual Studio 2005 installed in the same machine? I want to install Studio 2005 but I do not want to uninstall Studio.NET yet. Thanks!C# I am running VS 2003 and VS 2005 together with no problems.Martin Lawrence, MCSE, CNE, A+ Recut Technologies Ltd. http://www.recut.com Yes, they can be installed side-by-side. I have it installed side-by-side on my computer and it works perfectly without any conflicts. I even think there is a Version Selector (not something you have to install as it is installed by default) which will make sure your pro...

Web resources about - Shifting to Visual Studio 2008, should i uninstall Visual studio 2005 - asp.net.visual-studio-2008

Developers See Surge of Negative Reviews with New App Uninstall Flow
... made a small but significant tweak to the way applications are reviewed: now, Facebook is prompting users to review applications in the uninstall ...

Why you should uninstall Adobe Flash Player
Comment: Security holes, major or minor, pop up in Flash all the time. Adobe should finally retire it for good.

Microsoft tells Windows 10 users to uninstall Office
Microsoft today took the unusual step of telling users running Windows 10's Technical Preview to uninstall Office before applying one of December's ...

Microsoft urges customers to uninstall 'Blue Screen of Death' update
Microsoft is quietly recommending that customers uninstall one of last week's security updates after users reported that it crippled their computers ...

VIDEO: John McAfee teaches you how to uninstall Antivirus
... salts’ and taking his clothes off Antivirus software pioneer and mentalist John McAfee has released a new YouTube video entitled ‘How To Uninstall ...

Apple releases new Java update, uninstalls Apple-provided Java applet plug-ins
... improved security, reliability, and compatibility for Java SE 6″. The update is available in the Mac App Store. Of note, the updates “uninstalls ...

AppJolt Releases Solution for Monetizing App Uninstalls
... and create additional revenue opportunities, has announced the release of its new SDK, which allows Android developers to monetize their uninstall ...

Uninstall Real Player NOW
What a piece of crap that software is. It just took over my computer tonight. Ate up 100% of my processor, all on its won, without warning. I ...

New Android apps worth downloading: Uninstall Master (Uninstaller), avast! Mobile Backup, Re-Mission ...
Take care of your Android device with a great pair of apps leading today’s Apps Worth Downloading column. Up first is Uninstall Master, which ...

Diving into M: Launcher lets you uninstall from homescreen, lockscreen gets minor change too
... happened through the app drawer, but no longer. Now dragging on icons on the home screen gives you the option of simply removing them or uninstalling ...