No SourceSafe binding in Visual Studio 2008

 I have Visual Studio 2008 Pro and I'm trying to open a project from SourceSafe 2005. Anytime I select a solution file to open I get the following error message:

The selected file cannot be opened as solution or project. Please select a solution file or project file.

 So to get the solution out of SourceSafe I set the working folder and did a get latest. However, when I open the solution with VS 2008 there are no SourceSafe bindings. There aren't any SourceSafe icons to the right of all the files. So what I've been doing is checking out the entire solution via SourceSafe before I open it with VS 2008 then once I've made my changes I close VS 2008 and open SourceSafe and check-in the entire project. It really is a pain in the butt. I've re-installed both VS 2008 and SourceSafe 2005 multiple times and the problem persists. I've installed all the updates I can find for both VS 2008 and VSS 2005. Has anybody else had this problem?

hughy

I just create a new website with the name I want.

Then I click File, Source Control, Change Source Control.

Then I click on the entry that shows localhost and not the sln file.

Then I click bind and find the SourceSafe database I want to bind to.

Then I get latest version and overwrite everything.

Hope this helps

0
craigbtx
4/27/2009 3:13:34 PM

For this error message, you can take a look at this page. Hope it helps:

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/tfsversioncontrol/thread/f47c8614-5610-4c4d-a713-636c251ba418

Catherine Sea

http://www.scmsoftwareconfigurationmanagement.com/

www.dynamsoft.com
the leading developer of version control and issue tracking software
0
catherine

What is the difference between Visual studio.net and Visual studio 2008 express?
 I am fairly new in ASP.net development, i have downloaded sql express and visual studio express on the microsoft site, but i was just wondering if there is a huge difference between the express packages and the actual profesional packages. Any ideas on that?www.buggrep.comBest error repository site on the web!! If you are new then dont worry about it it, visual web developer express and sql server express are both fine for developing with all the major features of asp.net / sql server.There are some advanced features that I dont even know what they are.I think that the older sql expr...

Installing Visual Studio 2008 Beta 2 With Visual Studio 2003 and Visual Studio 2005 On Machine
I recently completed a successful installation of Visual Studio 2005 on my machine that had Visual Studio 2003 on it already.  I am interested in the beta of Visual Studio 2008, but I'm not sure if there will be conflicts with the previous versions.  Has anyone done this successfully?  Are there any special steps that need to happen for these three development environments to exist together?You can't stop entropy so why even try? I have installed it on my machine but havent had any problems until now though I have not done a lot of work on 2008 yet. This is the only ...

Difference between visual studio 2008 development edition and visual studio 2008 team edition?
i see some menus changed but what is the actual difference The following link has the VS product Comparison chart: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=727bcfb0-b575-47ab-9fd8-4ee067bb3a37&DisplayLang=en In short, Team Suite has tools that are in the Architectute, Database, and Test editions that the Development edition does not have....

Visual Studio 2008 +Visual Basic 2008
Hello, I am wondering if I can use Visual Studio 2008 pro to create a project in Visual Basic 2008 for PDAs...? Should it have an option to create a PDA's projects?   Yes, you can create one under New Project --> Visual basic --> Smart Device Project.  Good Luck....

Visual Studio 2008 and Visual SourceSafe
 I am trying to Visual SourceSafe Configuration with Visual Studio 2008. But I am getting error message when ever i am install Visual SourceSafe 2005I am using Win XP as a operating System MicrosoftWindows XP - ProcfessionalVersion 2002Service Pack 2and i installed Visual Studio 2008 ProfessionalWhen i installed visual source safe 2005 (http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=8a1a68d8-db11-417c-91ad-02aab484776b&displaylang=en)i am getting this errorThe upgrade patch cannot be installed by the Windows Installer service because the program to be upgraded ma...

Visual Studio 2008 includes SQL Server 2008 Express and Visual Basic 2008?
Please can somebody tell me whether Visual Studio 2008 includes SQL Server 2008 Express or 2005? Also does it include Visual Basic 2008 or 2005? Thank you.VWGolfman  VS2008 installs Sql Server 2005 Express by default. Also, VS2008 installs the new version of VB.Net BUT you can target older runtimes (i.e .Net 1.1, .Net 2, .Net 3) so you can argue that all VB.Net versions are "installed". Thank you Steven VWGolfman...

Visual Studio 2005 vs Visual Studio 2008
I have 2 systems. One running XP Pro SP2 + updates second Vista + Updates (and SP1 when its released) I have a copy of Visual Studio 2005 and Visual Studio 2008. Should i use Visual Studio 2008 on both systems as it allows me to target different .Net platforms? or should i use XP with VS 2005 and Vista with VS 2008. My aim is to create projects for different platforms but still have the advantages of a new product and features i.e. WPF, AJAX, intellisense etc. Is there a reason why someone would want to have VS2005 running on XP rather than VS 2008. Im under the impression VS 20...

upgrading from visual studio 2005 to visual studio 2008
Hi,Im using visual studio 2005 currently and due to new features provided in visual studio 2008 want to use that. But im in fear of uninstalling visual studio 2005 tha installing visual studio 2008 . it take a lot time. Is there any upgradatio wizard so that i can upgrade my older version of visual studio with the new version i.e. with 2008. If no than please tell me every possible way and alternatives.   Please Help Me OutThanks in advance!! Hi, You shouldn't have any problem running 2005 and 2008 on one machine.  .net 3.5 is pretty much .net 2.0 with new feature...

A compatible version of Visual Studio 2008 was not detected on the system. This update is designed for only the Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 (ENU) product family, and is not compatible with any Expres
 Hello,          I'm trying to install VS2008 SP1 on Vista Ultimate but I receive this error "A compatible version of Visual Studio 2008 was not detected on the system. This update is designed for only the Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 (ENU) product family, and is not compatible with any Express editions." Either I download the installer from here (http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=FBEE1648-7106-44A7-9649-6D9F6D58056E&displaylang=en) or after downloading the ISO from here (http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?Fa...

how to use visual sourcesafe in visual studio 2008
how to use visual sourcesafe in  visual studio 2008? and how version that source safe...

Shifting to Visual Studio 2008, should i uninstall Visual studio 2005
I have a Web application which has been developed in Visual studio 2005 (.NEt 2.0) . Now i am shifting to Visual Studio 2008. I am not aware what all errors will i get in Visual studio 2008 (.NET 3.5). However i read that Visual Studio 2008 has an option of Choosing the .NET Framework (2.0,3.0,3.5). Does that imply that any web application which is currenlty having no errors in Visual studio 2005(.NET framework 2.0) will build successfully in Visual studio 2008 if i choose the .NET Freamework as 2.0 or are there any other dependies.   Hi, for my former project we upgraded to v...

Convert Visual Studio 2008 code to Visual Studio 2005
 I had created my website in  in Visual Studio 2008 in our college, but now I want to run this website at my home,but problem is I have Visual Studio 2005 at my home, so please tell me how can I run this website on Visual Studio 2005.Is there any conversion tool available.Thanks a lot in advance There is no backward conversion tool that I know of. If you are using a web site project (not a web application project), just create a new web site project in VS2005 and point it at a copy of the code.If it is a web application project, you'll have to create a new project and then us...

Visual Studio 2008 and Business Intelligence Development Studio 2008
I'm having a difficult time getting BIDS2008 to run in VS2008.  I have a "messy" system, because a reformat isn't an option currently.OS: XP (current patch and SP)Installed: VS2005, VS2008, MS SQL2008 (FULL product, all options selected) (all patched and current sp respectively)Had:  MS SQL2005, SQL2005 Mgt Studio Express and SQL2008 Express (All officially uninstalled via add/remove, prior to install of SQL2008) Issue:  I click on "SQL Server Business Intelligence Development Studio" link in Microsoft SQL Server 2008 MyPrograms tab and get my VS200...

Visual Studio 2005 vs Visual Studio 2008 #2
Are there any known issues with decimal rounding in VS 2008.  I have developed a timesheet app that calculates hours based on start and stop times.  It works fine when I use debugger in VS 2005 and a local host.  My boss uses VS 2008 to publish my app.  When he publishes it, my calculations are not rounding properly.  Example:  Someone clocks in at 11:30pm and clocks out at 11:59pm,  in debug mode on my localhost, it rounds it to .5 hours.  When this code gets published, it rounds it to 0 hours.  Thanks  Considering that both the VS 2005...

Web resources about - No SourceSafe binding in Visual Studio 2008 - asp.net.visual-studio-2008

Microsoft Products & Services - LinkedIn
View products made by Microsoft and product recommendations from people in and out of your professional network.

Twitter

Microsoft Access - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
2013 (15.0.4420.1017) / October 2, 2012 ; 9 months ago ( 2012-10-02 ) Microsoft Access , also known as Microsoft Office Access , is a database ...

wangming7的日志 - 网易博客
wangming7的日志,小偷公司敬上,青年男女抿着嘴爆笑囧事,这个飞机可不是那个飞机噢!,潘基文与“鸟叔”朴载相 共跳“骑马舞”(图),看守泰坦尼克2B男青年大喊让妇女孩子先走,青年男女抿着嘴爆笑囧事,给鱼缸灌开水的后果,女流氓语录精选版,校园爆笑糗事大全,学普通话很重要噢!- ...

Andy Kant's Resume - andykant.com
Expert in architecting cutting edge user interfaces and experiences for web applications. I specialize in advanced JavaScript/HTML5 implementations. ...

Web Analyst/Developer
Web Analyst/Developer job in Sacramento, California, US. Read the Web Analyst/Developer job description and find other Visionary Integration ...

Black Marble
Black Marble Software Consultancy and Development West Yorkshire. Covering the UK and Ireland.

Jenkins CI: Source Code Control - CloudBees
Start a Build Whenever a Commit is Made Jenkins allows you to trigger a new build based on SCM changes. This can be done either as a polling, ...

Defending Perpetual Intermediacy
... myself an expert driver. I brush my teeth at least twice every day, and I'm no expert on oral care; just ask my dentist. I use Visual SourceSafe ...

Delicious
Keep, share, and discover the best of the Web using Delicious, the world's leading social bookmarking service.