Localhost wont work

Hi

 I am new to .NET. I have installed VS 2008 and was ready to test this. I created a web application under VS 2008 and tried to run it. But when internet explorer starts after running the project, there is only a message like this.

"This website can not show in Internet Explorer.

You can try to diagnose connectionproblem" (excuse my english)

When i try to press the diagnose link i get this.

"Localhost is not configured to make a connection for the port 56175 with this computer"

My windows has norwegian language, so this is not so good translation.

I am running VS 2008 under Windows Vista Ultimate with the last updates.

Have installed DKK 2003 (or something)

When i started a windows form, it was running fine, but not the web application (web projects)

Can someone please help me. I really want to learn VS 2008 and web developing.

0
christodal

 let me google it  :)

http://forums.asp.net/t/1235447.aspx

Plz remember to click "Mark as Answer" if this helped you.

Abdulla AbdelHaq    MCTS, MCPD
"Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes"
0
Abdulla
5/2/2009 4:45:00 PM

I found the solution in you link.

I had to change the host file C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts

::1  localhost

This is an IpV6 entry. And i put a # in front of it.

Thank you so much for helping me. You are an angel.

0
christodal

What is the difference between Visual studio.net and Visual studio 2008 express?
 I am fairly new in ASP.net development, i have downloaded sql express and visual studio express on the microsoft site, but i was just wondering if there is a huge difference between the express packages and the actual profesional packages. Any ideas on that?www.buggrep.comBest error repository site on the web!! If you are new then dont worry about it it, visual web developer express and sql server express are both fine for developing with all the major features of asp.net / sql server.There are some advanced features that I dont even know what they are.I think that the older sql expr...

I Have visual studio 2008 how can i convert my web project to work in visual studio 2005?
 I Have visual studio 2008 how can i convert my web project to work in visual studio 2005? where is the option to convert the project to work in vs2005 area? The best way to go about this is to create a new web application by going to:  file -> open -> website -> then select the folder that your website lies in then save the solution as a visual studio 2005 project. but i dont have in save as property, the ability to convert the project to work in visual studio 2005   ok, then lets create a new asp.net web application, then add the existing files from t...

FIX: The IntelliSense feature for a Visual C# .NET project stops working in the Visual Studio .NET IDE
Ever got mad because your IntelliSense disappeared? Microsoft finally heard you: http://www.kbalertz.com/Feedback_838470.aspx or: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;838470 MCSD, MCDBA, MCAD, MCSD .NET, MSF Practitioner...

Visual Studio 2008 .net frame work 2,0 using the Ajax toolkit 1.
Hi, i was wondering if anyone could help me .....   I am using Visual Studio 2008 and i would like to create a .net frame work 2,0 application using the  Ajax toolkit v1. I have installed the Ajax extensions for ASP.net 2.0 I have installed the Microsoft ASP.NET 2.0 AJAX Templates for Visual Studio 2008 I can now create a 2.0 Ajax project with the basic AJAX components. I now would like to add Ajax Tookit Controls to the project. However they do not appear in the ToolBox. I can add a reference to AjaxControlToolkit.dll v1 but when i try and add controls to the toolbox...

Installing Visual Studio 2008 Beta 2 With Visual Studio 2003 and Visual Studio 2005 On Machine
I recently completed a successful installation of Visual Studio 2005 on my machine that had Visual Studio 2003 on it already.  I am interested in the beta of Visual Studio 2008, but I'm not sure if there will be conflicts with the previous versions.  Has anyone done this successfully?  Are there any special steps that need to happen for these three development environments to exist together?You can't stop entropy so why even try? I have installed it on my machine but havent had any problems until now though I have not done a lot of work on 2008 yet. This is the only ...

problem with Visual Studio 2008, Net Framework 2.0 and AJAX 1.0 doesn't work!
I wrote simple web application with update panel but when I loaded application, update panel didn't work..I think It's problem with AJAX 1.0... How to fix this problem???ASP.NET 3.5VISUAL STUDIO 2008 PROMS SQL SERVER 2005 You really need to be more specific about what you're trying to do, what's happening, post your source code, something...When you ask a question, remember to click "mark as answered" when you get a reply which answers your question.My latest ASP.NET AJAX blog entries. I have side by side installed visual studio 2005 and 2008.In visual studio ...

Difference between visual studio 2008 development edition and visual studio 2008 team edition?
i see some menus changed but what is the actual difference The following link has the VS product Comparison chart: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=727bcfb0-b575-47ab-9fd8-4ee067bb3a37&DisplayLang=en In short, Team Suite has tools that are in the Architectute, Database, and Test editions that the Development edition does not have....

sqlserver 2008 can't work with Visual studio 2008
when I try to make a sqldatasource with visual studio 2008 and SQLServer 2008 . I found that there are a message that the visual studio 2008 can support only SQLServer 2005 and SQLServer 2000how to make my visual studio 2008 support SQLServer 2008  Currently I don't think it can. There is an add-in for Visual Studio 2005 that gives it support for SQL Server 2008 which can be downloaded here: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=E1109AEF-1AA2-408D-AA0F-9DF094F993BF&displaylang=en However, I do not think this will work for VS 2008, and I don't thin...

Visual Studio .Net? Visual Basic .Net?

Visual Studio 2008 +Visual Basic 2008
Hello, I am wondering if I can use Visual Studio 2008 pro to create a project in Visual Basic 2008 for PDAs...? Should it have an option to create a PDA's projects?   Yes, you can create one under New Project --> Visual basic --> Smart Device Project.  Good Luck....

Visual Basic.NET or Visual Studio.NET?

Web resources about - Localhost wont work - asp.net.visual-studio-2008

localhost - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In computer networking , localhost (meaning this computer ) is the standard hostname given to the address of the loopback network interface. ...

Google Mobile Apps links cannot connect in Safari always showing "localhost" in address - Google Product ...
... it goes to Safari and tries to connect with the error "Safari cannot open the page because it could not connect to the server". http://localhost/ ...

[INFO] 2015-08-31 02:47:37.186 IN id=pushpin-m2-7999_1, GET http://localhost/sys - Pastebin.com
PASTEBIN - #1 paste tool since 2002 create new paste shop new! tools api archive faq PASTEBIN create new paste trending pastes sign up login ...

Universal Studios finds pirated Jurassic World on own localhost
There's no place like 127.0.0.1 Universal Pictures France appears to have tracked down one source of pirated copies of dino-flick Jurassic World: ...

Universal Pictures Wants To Remove Localhost and IMDB Pages From Google Results
Artem Tashkinov writes: We've all known for a very long time that DCMA takedown requests are often dubious and even more often outright wrong ...

Microsoft Research Paper Considers Serving Web-ads From Localhost
An anonymous reader writes: A paper from Microsoft researchers posits the possibility of 'pushing' web ads to a user's own computer and serving ...

Windows 10 build 10166: Edge browser gets bug fixes and localhost loopback enabled
Earlier today, Microsoft rolled out yet another Windows 10 build for those of you on the Fast Ring. Build 10166 comes with a "wave" of bug fixes ...

Universal Pictures asks Google to delist itself in localhost 127.0.0.1 online piracy bungle
Universal Pictures tried to protect Jurassic World from being pirated but instead showed its ignorance.

Platform Updates: Operation Developer Love
... Contact Us Link Specific event name fails Facebook Invite hangs for an user with about 4000 friends Developer App will not allow "localhost" ...

HOME
Contour Aerospace Ltd