How can I convert the project developed in 2003 visual studio to 2008 visual studio?

 Hello People,

I have web application developed in visual studio 2003. How can I convert the whole project developled in 2003 visual studio to 2008 Visual studio? Please give me  the steps  or procedures.
Thanks in advance.

0
Mobzam

Try simply opening the project in 2008 and follow wizard steps.

Mikhail
11/25/2008 3:07:13 PM

 Hello Mikhail,
 I have not seen Wizard for converting  web application from 2003 project
to 2008 Project.I have just seen a wizard for converting  console applications from 2003 to 2008.
Please advise.

0
Mobzam

Installing Visual Studio 2008 Beta 2 With Visual Studio 2003 and Visual Studio 2005 On Machine
I recently completed a successful installation of Visual Studio 2005 on my machine that had Visual Studio 2003 on it already.  I am interested in the beta of Visual Studio 2008, but I'm not sure if there will be conflicts with the previous versions.  Has anyone done this successfully?  Are there any special steps that need to happen for these three development environments to exist together?You can't stop entropy so why even try? I have installed it on my machine but havent had any problems until now though I have not done a lot of work on 2008 yet. This is the only ...

I Have visual studio 2008 how can i convert my web project to work in visual studio 2005?
 I Have visual studio 2008 how can i convert my web project to work in visual studio 2005? where is the option to convert the project to work in vs2005 area? The best way to go about this is to create a new web application by going to:  file -> open -> website -> then select the folder that your website lies in then save the solution as a visual studio 2005 project. but i dont have in save as property, the ability to convert the project to work in visual studio 2005   ok, then lets create a new asp.net web application, then add the existing files from t...

Difference between visual studio 2008 development edition and visual studio 2008 team edition?
i see some menus changed but what is the actual difference The following link has the VS product Comparison chart: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=727bcfb0-b575-47ab-9fd8-4ee067bb3a37&DisplayLang=en In short, Team Suite has tools that are in the Architectute, Database, and Test editions that the Development edition does not have....

Converting Visual Studio 2003 (1.1 framework) to Visual Studio 2008 (3.5 framework)
I am having problems converting my application.  Here are the steps I have taken (or tried so far) (structure of the folders are root folder has solution and sub folder has .csproj and all other files) 1 - manually copied the 2003 files to a new folder 2 - Added a virtual directory for that new folder 3 - Manually changed the .sln in the new folder to point to the new virtual directory 4 - Started 2008 and received error stating the web site doesnot exist at location "http://localhost/projectfolder/projectname.csproj" Hi Please follow the following steps ( Sk...

Convert Visual Studio 2008 code to Visual Studio 2005
 I had created my website in  in Visual Studio 2008 in our college, but now I want to run this website at my home,but problem is I have Visual Studio 2005 at my home, so please tell me how can I run this website on Visual Studio 2005.Is there any conversion tool available.Thanks a lot in advance There is no backward conversion tool that I know of. If you are using a web site project (not a web application project), just create a new web site project in VS2005 and point it at a copy of the code.If it is a web application project, you'll have to create a new project and then us...

What is the difference between Visual studio.net and Visual studio 2008 express?
 I am fairly new in ASP.net development, i have downloaded sql express and visual studio express on the microsoft site, but i was just wondering if there is a huge difference between the express packages and the actual profesional packages. Any ideas on that?www.buggrep.comBest error repository site on the web!! If you are new then dont worry about it it, visual web developer express and sql server express are both fine for developing with all the major features of asp.net / sql server.There are some advanced features that I dont even know what they are.I think that the older sql expr...

Can I use my visual studio 6 project in Visual Studio .NET?
Here is my situation 1) Web Windows 2k Server. All code is done in ASP (not .net) 2) 1 Developer is not yet ready to install Visual Studio .NET, nor are we ready upgrade our server to .NET, however I wish to use Visiual Studio .NET. So is it possible to open a Visual Studio 6 project file and use the built in Source Control while running Visual Studio .NET? Thanks, Matt anyone able to help me out here? anyone?...

Can Visual Web Developer 2008 & Visual Studio 2008 run on the same machine?
Can Visual Web Developer 2008 & Visual Studio 2008 run on the same machine?  Machine running Windows VISTA. Looking for simplified text formatting options.  Wondering if both programs can be run (not at the same time) VWD for graphics developer and VSP 2008 for programmers.     Quick answer: I believe you can. Why not try it? zoltac007:VWD for graphics developer Why not Expression? (Which shares the same solutions/projects with VS, to make sharing easier.)Richard We 'tried' VISTA way too early and set our development team back three months.&nb...

Visual Studio 2008 and Business Intelligence Development Studio 2008
I'm having a difficult time getting BIDS2008 to run in VS2008.  I have a "messy" system, because a reformat isn't an option currently.OS: XP (current patch and SP)Installed: VS2005, VS2008, MS SQL2008 (FULL product, all options selected) (all patched and current sp respectively)Had:  MS SQL2005, SQL2005 Mgt Studio Express and SQL2008 Express (All officially uninstalled via add/remove, prior to install of SQL2008) Issue:  I click on "SQL Server Business Intelligence Development Studio" link in Microsoft SQL Server 2008 MyPrograms tab and get my VS200...

Visual Studio 2005 vs Visual Studio 2008
I have 2 systems. One running XP Pro SP2 + updates second Vista + Updates (and SP1 when its released) I have a copy of Visual Studio 2005 and Visual Studio 2008. Should i use Visual Studio 2008 on both systems as it allows me to target different .Net platforms? or should i use XP with VS 2005 and Vista with VS 2008. My aim is to create projects for different platforms but still have the advantages of a new product and features i.e. WPF, AJAX, intellisense etc. Is there a reason why someone would want to have VS2005 running on XP rather than VS 2008. Im under the impression VS 20...

upgrading from visual studio 2005 to visual studio 2008
Hi,Im using visual studio 2005 currently and due to new features provided in visual studio 2008 want to use that. But im in fear of uninstalling visual studio 2005 tha installing visual studio 2008 . it take a lot time. Is there any upgradatio wizard so that i can upgrade my older version of visual studio with the new version i.e. with 2008. If no than please tell me every possible way and alternatives.   Please Help Me OutThanks in advance!! Hi, You shouldn't have any problem running 2005 and 2008 on one machine.  .net 3.5 is pretty much .net 2.0 with new feature...

Web resources about - How can I convert the project developed in 2003 visual studio to 2008 visual studio? - asp.net.visual-studio-2008

Least developed country - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Least developed country ( LDC ) is the name given to a country which, according to the United Nations , exhibits the lowest indicators of socioeconomic ...

Developed country - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A developed country can be defined through economic growth and security. Most commonly the criteria for evaluating the degree of development ...

Koloid - hand developed photography on the App Store on iTunes
Get Koloid - hand developed photography on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

All sizes - Buzzword Bingo: Crowdsourcing = Content developed by a group of people - Flickr - Photo Sharing ...

Spherical Flying Machine Developed by Japan Ministry Of Defense #DigInfo - YouTube
DigInfo TV - http://diginfo.tv 20/10/2011 TRDI Spherical flying machine

Google has developed a technology to tell whether 'facts' on the internet are true
The internet, we know all too well, is a cesspool of rumour and chicanery. But that could be destined to change.

High visibility clothing for females developed by Queensland woman
While they might be getting good salaries, women in the mining industry haven't had good options when it comes to their work uniforms.

Software is being developed to allow employers to trawl through your social media
Big data is inevitable, and it is already changing the way recruitment works.

Australian women trail developed world with contraception, says Family Planning NSW report
Australian women are behind the rest of the developed world when it comes to access to long-lasting, effective contraception, review finds.

Cocaine users identified with new test developed by UK university
​A new fingerprint test has been developed that can detect cocaine use.