Help! How to add a standard web control to a web form?

I have just created a asp.net web application using Visual Studio .NET 2008. I opened the Default.aspx in design view, but I noticed that if I drag any control under the standard control tab to the web form, the cursor changes to the shape ( a circle with a line across to it ) that tells me that I cannot do that.  Why? Did I miss something?  It seems this is the very basic thing people will do. Please help!

0
bochi

It could be because you designer view is out of sync with you source view. Try right clicking into your design and selected 'Refresh'

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you. This way future users can see which post resolved the issue.
0
JimCrowe

unable to add a secure java web service to .net thru visual studio add web reference
I have a secure java web service running on my system.   I am able to successfully do a URL based invocation of it and also was able to get the expected SOAP response. It uses the Basic Authentication mechanism to make it secure. So basically when I type the URL in the address bar and invoke it, it asks me for a user name password, I enter it and it runs normally.  Now, when I try to add that web service to a simple asp.net web application thru visual studio add web reference mechanism, it first prompts with a certificate, which I accept and then prompts with Disco...

Which is best for web pages
Which is best to buy to develop aspx web pages. Visual Studio 2008 or Visual web developer 2008? http://forums.asp.net/p/1137916/1824119.aspx#1824119http://blogs.msdn.com/mikhailarkhipov/archive/2006/06/26/647516.aspx We All move to our original place.Don't forget.Imran Baloch Visual Web Developer of course, because it's free!! visual web developer is build into visual studio. in the free copys the desktop apps and websites are two diffrent pages. if all you are looking to do is to make a page you can download your app on make an install file and host it somwhere. ...

Silverlight tools with Visual Web Designer 2008 or just Visual Studio Standard 2008?
Should Silverlight tools work with Visual Web Designer 2008? It won't install, even though it is Orcas. It says Orcas has to be installed.  I am trying to play audio for a bunch of songs from my website, and display the lyrics.  Thanks---Bill Rosshttp://woundedego.com hello. make sure you've installed beta 2 and are using the corresponding silverlight tools.-- Regards,Luis Abreuemail: labreu_at_gmail.comEN blog:http://msmvps.com/blogs/luisabreu...

Desperate Visual Studio .NET problem with Web Forms, please help
Hi, I've posted in the past about this problem and got no response, but now I'm desperate so have to try again. In Visual Studio .NET 2003, with .NET Framework 1.1, all web form controls (in fact all controls in the toolbar) are disabled. I create a webform.aspx page, I am in design view, but when I go to the "web forms" toolbar, I cannot drag anything to the page. I solved this last time by completely wiping my drive and spending three days reinstalling and updating everything. Everything in Visual Studio worked as expected for a few days, and now yet again everything is disabled. Can s...

Really need help with disabled web forms in visual studio.net 2003
Hi, I've posted in the ASP.NET forum as someone suggested, but I got no response and am still unable to use the software. In Visual Studio .NET 2003, with .NET Framework 1.1, all web form controls (in fact all controls in the toolbar) are disabled. I create a webform.aspx page, I AM in design view, but when I go to the "web forms" toolbar, I cannot drag anything to the page because all the controls are disabled (the toolbar is visible, just everything within it is disabled). I solved this last time by completely wiping my drive and spending three days reinstalling and updating everythin...

Where is Visual Web Developer within Visual Studio 2008 Standard Edition?
I have VS2008 Standard Edition installed on a Win XP Home Edition which of course does not have IIS. I've seen in the doc how "Visual Web Developer" is not only free with an "Express Edition" of its own but is good for precisely doing web page development without IIS. Now I am guessing that to do this in Standard Edition one simply has to create web sites using the "File System" (rather than HTTP). That is effectively using "Visual Web Developer" when one is fortunate enough to have the Standard Edition. Asking another way, "where is Visual We...

Sharepoint help! Error msg : "A Web Part or Web Form Control on this Web Part Page cannot be displayed or imported because it is not registered on this site as safe"
hihi, I have set up a testing virtual server on my local machine. I installed win server 2003, wss 2.0, sql server 2000, and visual studio .net 2003. i tried to create a project in C# but when i build it and import the web part (.dwp) into the page, there is this error msg "A Web Part or Web Form Control on this Web Part Page cannot be displayed or imported because it is not registered on this site as safe"  I seached most of the sites and they informed that the problem lies in the safe control in web.config i enter the safe control in web.config but i does not know where to put ...

Visual Studio 2008 Web Developer web.sitemap ERROR
I am stymied at the START by this ERROR (CNTRL+F5) resultServer Error in '/' Application. Configuration Error Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately. Parser Error Message: The XML sitemap config file web.sitemap could not be loaded.  The 'siteMap' start tag on line 2 does not match the end tag of 'siteMapNode'. Line 10, position 11.Source Error:  Line 8:    ...

help / web matrix or Visual Studio.net
hello folks i have an web application build by web matrix. now this application will be able to use with pda/mda (pocket pc 2003). i try it in dreamweaver 2004 mx but i´m too "newbee". is it possible for a newbee with visual studio.net 2003? thanks for answers Ah. I believe matrix and DW (and VS as well) use different solution file formats. (Keeping lawyers off their backs?) So, you will have to create a solution in Visual Studio; and, if you want, drive the auto-wired code, in your aspx file, into your code behind files; such as aspx.vb or aspx.cs. Some...

Using web matrix web server with Visual Studio .NET 2003
Hello all, I am a computer system technology student and my college is a part of the MSDN Academic alliance, so I managed to recieve an educational copy of Visual Studio.NET 2003. Seeing as I am on a work term and actually have free time at night... I have decided to punish myself and learn another technology. My problem is that I am running it on a Windows XP Home edition system at home, so I cannot run IIS. I do have the professional CD, also from MSDN acdemic alliance, but, 1) I may someday use my XP Home to produce comercial solutions in HTML, PHP, JSP or other (though I'll pr...

web web web

Web resources about - Help! How to add a standard web control to a web form? - asp.net.visual-studio-2008

Standard - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
St. Catharines Standard , a St. Catharines, Ontario, newspaper Text is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License ;additional ...

Aiken Standard - Local News Updated throughout the Day
Your Source for local news in Aiken, South Carolina. Visit our site for recent updates, video, breaking news, and much more.

Business Standard :: Business News,Finance News, World Business, India Stock News, Indian stock market ...
Business Standard, Indias leading business newspaper, provides latest news on stock markets, investing, companies, industry, banking, finance, ...

Leader Standard
Former England striker Beattie, a former team-mate of Monk's at Southampton, was appointed first-team coach this summer, with his prime responsibility ...

Manila Standard Today - Latest News in the Philippines
Manila Standard Today - Latest News in the Philippines

The Weekly Standard - A Weekly Conservative Magazine and Blog of News and Opinion.
The Weekly Standard - A Weekly Conservative Magazine and Blog of News and Opinion.

Bulletin Standard
Breaking USA News & Headlines; Latest News and Current News from America, New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Houston, Philadelphia, Phoenix, San ...

Call for building standards to be safe and functional for the elderly
The voluntary approach to building homes with accessible entries, ramps instead of stairs, grab rails, safe flooring, wider doorways and practical ...

Standard Of Review: You Should Watch Netflix’s ‘Making A Murderer’ For Artistic And Sartorial Reasons ...
Making a Murder is an excellent addition to the Netflix oeuvre, according to culture critic Harry Graff.

FishbowlNY Newsstand: Golden Standard
FishbowlNY Newsstand: Golden Standard