Has anyone upgraded to Bet.net framework version 3.5 service pack 1 to resolve issues using Visual Studio 2008?

I am considering upgrading to SP1 but this release is relatively new - Aug 2008

I would like to know if anyone has upgraded to Bet.net framework version 3.5 service pack 1 as a result of issues with using visual studio 2008.

If yes please can you provide details

0
mgingell

 I installed Visual Studio 2008 SP1 (it installs the .NET 3.5 SP1 as well) and it works great. You will only have problems if you have installed the SP1 beta. If that is the case you will find this tool very useful when removing the beta installation. I use it in production and have never had any problems.

http://pavkata.blogspot.com/
0
mystery
10/8/2008 5:30:03 PM

Lots of participants here have, take a look through past threads for details.

Richard
0
rjcox
10/8/2008 5:30:16 PM

It depends what do name "mature" release :-) SP1 is a service pack, it is already an update. Or are you planning to wait until another update?

Mikhail

Converting Visual Studio 2003 (1.1 framework) to Visual Studio 2008 (3.5 framework)
I am having problems converting my application.  Here are the steps I have taken (or tried so far) (structure of the folders are root folder has solution and sub folder has .csproj and all other files) 1 - manually copied the 2003 files to a new folder 2 - Added a virtual directory for that new folder 3 - Manually changed the .sln in the new folder to point to the new virtual directory 4 - Started 2008 and received error stating the web site doesnot exist at location "http://localhost/projectfolder/projectname.csproj" Hi Please follow the following steps ( Sk...

new features for Visual Studio 2008 and .Net FrameWork 3.0 &3.5
Hi,    What are the new features for Visual Studio 2008 and .Net FrameWork 3.0 &3.5  There are many of them. Pleas check the links below for a list of them.http://weblogs.asp.net/scottgu/http://www.vikramlakhotia.com/AspNet_3X.aspx Vikram www.vikramlakhotia.comPlease mark the answer if it helped you...

Creating Reports in Visual Studio 2008/.NET Framework 3.5
I am trying to create reports in VB using Visual Studio 2008/.NET Framework 3.5 with a SQL Server 2000 backend (moving to SQL Server 2005 in a couple of months). I am fairly new to this environment and I'm not sure what the best approach is. I see that there is a Visual Studio Template for Reports, but my attempts to get it working have failed. I've tried finding tutorials on this, but nothing is quite what I need. It seems most articles are for VS 2005 or SQL Reporting Services. Any help would be greatly appreciated as I'm tired of going in circles. I have decided to keep ...

.Net Framework 1.1 with Visual Studio 2008
Hello.  I adjusted a web application using VS2008 and too late realized that it automatically changed the project to using .Net framework 2.0 and I cannot choose 1.1 in the compile options. Is it not possible to compile a web application to use .Net Framework 1.1 with Visual Studio 2008 or can I change that somehow in the project settings?(I've asked the network people to upgrade the server in question, but it would be better if I could simply change the application without interfering with other settings.) Thank you,NZ N.Ziember:to use .Net Framework 1.1 The only visual ...

Using Visual Studio.NET 2005 with .NET Framework 1.1
I'm wondering how easy it is to use Visual Studio.NET 2005 to develop with the .NET Framework 1.1. The 2005 IDE is superior to the VS 2003 IDE (especially in terms of HTML editing), and I would like to switch over in the future. However, my project is not quite ready to be converted to .NET 2.0. Can anyone direct me to an article on this or have any advice? Thanks, Allen K. There are 10 types of people in this world: those that understand binary and those that don't. Did you get an answer to this one? I would like to know the same..Thanks! The VS 2005 IDE was created to...

What is the difference between Visual studio.net and Visual studio 2008 express?
 I am fairly new in ASP.net development, i have downloaded sql express and visual studio express on the microsoft site, but i was just wondering if there is a huge difference between the express packages and the actual profesional packages. Any ideas on that?www.buggrep.comBest error repository site on the web!! If you are new then dont worry about it it, visual web developer express and sql server express are both fine for developing with all the major features of asp.net / sql server.There are some advanced features that I dont even know what they are.I think that the older sql expr...

Performance visual studio 2008 .net 3.5 issue (related to last hotfix released)
Hi. i want to report about a performance issue is noticed about asp.net 3.5 performance with vs2008. i'm woking a lot with dotnetnuke. if you try to install a clean install of DNN and within the installation process add the store module( 02.01.00) - which is a large module that insert in the BIN directory of the website a lot of assemblies (approx 50 !) . after the installation complete - when i try to browse the application. the runtime compilation is VERY SLOW (if i change the target framework to 2.0 it's working well but if it on 3.5 very slow). every click on every link on...

Does Visual Studio .NET 2003 (version 7.1.3088) & NET Framework 1.1 support AJAX ?
Dear friend, 1. Does Visual Studio .NET 2003 (version 7.1.3088) & NET Framework 1.1 support AJAX ? 2.  i don't know if i can implement AJAX for my case below ? pls advise... i have built a windows application to connect to a card reader DLL,   but right now i have to build it for web application..and it's a real challenge since i have blank idea...   i also write the source code for the windows application below , for analysis...   the case is like these : --------------------------1. we have a card reader (usb port connection)...   2. we must connect...

.NET 3.5 (Visual Studio 2008)
I am new to powerdesigner, and mostly very impressed. Using version 15.1.0.2850 I am look at OOMs and I only see VS2005 support? and the web service support seems to be for the .asmx style web service and not WCF .svc style? Is there something I am missing or is this expected in a future release? btw, had rediculous fun modelling some XML Schema (NIEM IEPDs) ... nice tool ... now to hook that to a web service and object model Thanks, Gordon ...

Framework 3.0 and Visual Studio 2005 + side note question on Visual Studio 2008
HelloI just have these two quick questions.Thanks.1) Can you code in Visual Studio 2005 using Framework 3.0 instead of 2.0?2) Is the Visual Studio 2008 the final, final release available to download on the MSDN site? The reason I'm asking is that I don't want to be put into a position when it hits the DVDs in Feb. 2008 and have to uninstall. The horror stories of the past BETA uninstalls got me all scared:(  1.  yes, download the tools for VS2005 2.  I believe so, however its up to MS to make that descion!David Kiffhttp://DavidKiff.co.uk-- "Mark As Answer"...

problem after install sql 2008 and visual studio 2008 service pack 1?
hi i created mdf files that i clicked add new item(SQL Server Database) of solution explorer of visual studio before i install sql2008 and visual studio 2008 service pack 1. but when i log in, there is error that error :26. (sql2005 provider cant be found etc..) Also i cant add new item(SQL Server Database) of solution explorer. it give me error message that u need SQL 2005 express. What can i do ? what should i do ? ThanksMark as me if my question or my answer can be helpful for you :) Hi, Which edition of SQL Server 2008 did you install? Based on your description, I think you...

Why Visual Studio 2005 ask me to convert a solution already got converted Somebody did the conversion of a solution from .net 1.1 to .net 2.0 by using the automatic conversion wizard of Visual Stu
Why Visual Studio 2005 ask me to convert a solution already got converted Somebody did the conversion of a solution from .net 1.1 to .net 2.0 by using the automatic conversion wizard of Visual Studio 2005. Then, he changed to another company. Now, I take over his job. Unfortunately, when I attempted to open that solution, Visual Studio 2005 prompted me the conversion wizard again to forced me to perform a conversion on the solution. Does someone know why?--Harish Patel www.MicrosoftSQLandASP.netpatelharish@gmail.com Hi, How many projects are in the solution, does it have UNLOADE...

Integrating Visual Studio 2008 / .NET 3.5 with PayPal
I am trying to integrate Visual Studio 2008 and .NET 3.5 with PayPal.  I have not seen any PayPal SDKs that work on the 2.0, 3.0 or 3.5 frameworks.  What is everyone using in order to do PayPal e-commerce in their projects?  I am open to switching away from PayPal as long as someone can provide me with a link to a decent e-commerce SDK.You can't stop entropy so why even try? If SDK is 1.1 based, you can still use it since 1.1 assemblies will work with 2.0 and 3.5.Thanks------------------------------------------------------------This posting is provided "AS IS&q...

upgrading from visual studio 2005 to visual studio 2008
Hi,Im using visual studio 2005 currently and due to new features provided in visual studio 2008 want to use that. But im in fear of uninstalling visual studio 2005 tha installing visual studio 2008 . it take a lot time. Is there any upgradatio wizard so that i can upgrade my older version of visual studio with the new version i.e. with 2008. If no than please tell me every possible way and alternatives.   Please Help Me OutThanks in advance!! Hi, You shouldn't have any problem running 2005 and 2008 on one machine.  .net 3.5 is pretty much .net 2.0 with new feature...

Web resources about - Has anyone upgraded to Bet.net framework version 3.5 service pack 1 to resolve issues using Visual Studio 2008? - asp.net.visual-studio-2008

Safe Harbor 2.0 framework begins to capsize as January deadline nears
(credit: Andree Stephan ) Safe Harbour 2.0, currently being drawn up by the EU and US authorities, "will not provide a viable framework for ...

How to find which versions of the .NET Framework are installed on a PC
Check the system requirements for a Windows application and you’ll often find it needs some minimum version of Microsoft’s .NET Framework. .NET ...

Frameworks & Donovan Wolfington announce tour together
photo: Frameworks at The Studio at Webster Hall in 2014 (more by Mimi Hong) Screamo rippers Frameworks are releasing their new Time Spent EP ...

Cisco Announces New Skills Framework to Address Evolving Technology
Internet of Things (IoT), cloud, business transformation and network programmability will influence all Cisco Career Certifications.

Int'l groups launch new global framework to eliminate human rabies
... the worst rabies problem. Metro Manila (CNN Philippines) – International organizations launched on Thursday (December 10) a new global framework ...

The Complex Framework Of The UN Climate Talks, Demystified
As COP21 convenes this week in Paris, this data viz breaks down all you need to know about the history, key players, and big decisions. Yesterday, ...

AT&T teams with Cisco, Ericsson, Qualcomm, Intel on smart cities framework
Network World AT&T teams with Cisco, Ericsson, Qualcomm, Intel on smart cities framework FierceWireless LAS VEGAS—AT&T (NYSE: T) is collaborating ...

Angular-Meteor links JavaScript frameworks
... build system improvements and ECMAScript compliance Angular-Meteor, Meteor's technology for using the Angular and Meteor JavaScript frameworks ...

130-foot Framework tower slated to become the tallest wooden building in the US
Read the rest of 130-foot Framework tower slated to become the tallest wooden building in the US