Difference between visual studio 2008 development edition and visual studio 2008 team edition?

i see some menus changed but what is the actual difference

0
sriharsha2410

The following link has the VS product Comparison chart:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=727bcfb0-b575-47ab-9fd8-4ee067bb3a37&DisplayLang=en

In short, Team Suite has tools that are in the Architectute, Database, and Test editions that the Development edition does not have.

0
benbyrd

What is the difference between Visual studio.net and Visual studio 2008 express?
 I am fairly new in ASP.net development, i have downloaded sql express and visual studio express on the microsoft site, but i was just wondering if there is a huge difference between the express packages and the actual profesional packages. Any ideas on that?www.buggrep.comBest error repository site on the web!! If you are new then dont worry about it it, visual web developer express and sql server express are both fine for developing with all the major features of asp.net / sql server.There are some advanced features that I dont even know what they are.I think that the older sql expr...

Installing Visual Studio 2008 Beta 2 With Visual Studio 2003 and Visual Studio 2005 On Machine
I recently completed a successful installation of Visual Studio 2005 on my machine that had Visual Studio 2003 on it already.  I am interested in the beta of Visual Studio 2008, but I'm not sure if there will be conflicts with the previous versions.  Has anyone done this successfully?  Are there any special steps that need to happen for these three development environments to exist together?You can't stop entropy so why even try? I have installed it on my machine but havent had any problems until now though I have not done a lot of work on 2008 yet. This is the only ...

Visual Studio 2008 and Business Intelligence Development Studio 2008
I'm having a difficult time getting BIDS2008 to run in VS2008.  I have a "messy" system, because a reformat isn't an option currently.OS: XP (current patch and SP)Installed: VS2005, VS2008, MS SQL2008 (FULL product, all options selected) (all patched and current sp respectively)Had:  MS SQL2005, SQL2005 Mgt Studio Express and SQL2008 Express (All officially uninstalled via add/remove, prior to install of SQL2008) Issue:  I click on "SQL Server Business Intelligence Development Studio" link in Microsoft SQL Server 2008 MyPrograms tab and get my VS200...

Visual Studio 2008 +Visual Basic 2008
Hello, I am wondering if I can use Visual Studio 2008 pro to create a project in Visual Basic 2008 for PDAs...? Should it have an option to create a PDA's projects?   Yes, you can create one under New Project --> Visual basic --> Smart Device Project.  Good Luck....

Where is Visual Web Developer within Visual Studio 2008 Standard Edition?
I have VS2008 Standard Edition installed on a Win XP Home Edition which of course does not have IIS. I've seen in the doc how "Visual Web Developer" is not only free with an "Express Edition" of its own but is good for precisely doing web page development without IIS. Now I am guessing that to do this in Standard Edition one simply has to create web sites using the "File System" (rather than HTTP). That is effectively using "Visual Web Developer" when one is fortunate enough to have the Standard Edition. Asking another way, "where is Visual We...

NORTHWIND.SDF connection problem - Trouble with Visual Studio 2008 Express Edition
I have installed Visual Studio 2008 Express Edition and have made sure SP1 was installed before hand. I am try to complete the Visual Basic Training exercise module1 and everything is fine until I try to add a data connection to the NORTHWIND.SDF database file. I get an error message saying '....Access to database file is not allowed...'  However I can clearly 'see' and the file and it's path when using the Browse funtion from the 'ADD Connection' window. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the Visual Basic 2008 Express edition but this does n...

Visual Studio 2008 includes SQL Server 2008 Express and Visual Basic 2008?
Please can somebody tell me whether Visual Studio 2008 includes SQL Server 2008 Express or 2005? Also does it include Visual Basic 2008 or 2005? Thank you.VWGolfman  VS2008 installs Sql Server 2005 Express by default. Also, VS2008 installs the new version of VB.Net BUT you can target older runtimes (i.e .Net 1.1, .Net 2, .Net 3) so you can argue that all VB.Net versions are "installed". Thank you Steven VWGolfman...

Which is best for web pages
Which is best to buy to develop aspx web pages. Visual Studio 2008 or Visual web developer 2008? http://forums.asp.net/p/1137916/1824119.aspx#1824119http://blogs.msdn.com/mikhailarkhipov/archive/2006/06/26/647516.aspx We All move to our original place.Don't forget.Imran Baloch Visual Web Developer of course, because it's free!! visual web developer is build into visual studio. in the free copys the desktop apps and websites are two diffrent pages. if all you are looking to do is to make a page you can download your app on make an install file and host it somwhere. ...

How can I convert the project developed in 2003 visual studio to 2008 visual studio?
 Hello People,I have web application developed in visual studio 2003. How can I convert the whole project developled in 2003 visual studio to 2008 Visual studio? Please give me  the steps  or procedures.Thanks in advance. Try simply opening the project in 2008 and follow wizard steps.Thanks------------------------------------------------------------This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.  Hello Mikhail, I have not seen Wizard for converting  web application from 2003 projectto 2008 Project.I have just seen a wiz...

Visual Studio 2005 vs Visual Studio 2008
I have 2 systems. One running XP Pro SP2 + updates second Vista + Updates (and SP1 when its released) I have a copy of Visual Studio 2005 and Visual Studio 2008. Should i use Visual Studio 2008 on both systems as it allows me to target different .Net platforms? or should i use XP with VS 2005 and Vista with VS 2008. My aim is to create projects for different platforms but still have the advantages of a new product and features i.e. WPF, AJAX, intellisense etc. Is there a reason why someone would want to have VS2005 running on XP rather than VS 2008. Im under the impression VS 20...

Visual Studio 2008 -or- Visual Web Developer Express 2008 -or- SharePoint Designer / Etc.
It's been a while since I actively designed in dot net.  Now it's time to do some serious updating to our website (from dot net 1.1 to 3.5).  I haven't used any of the new design tools but want to be able to take complete advantage of all the new features of v3.5 and the features of development applications. What are the differences between Visual Studio 2008 / Visual Web Developer Express 2008 / SharePoint Designer / Etc. and are there any others I should consider for development?  I just want to settle on a development platform so I can start moving forward...

Can Visual Web Developer 2008 & Visual Studio 2008 run on the same machine?
Can Visual Web Developer 2008 & Visual Studio 2008 run on the same machine?  Machine running Windows VISTA. Looking for simplified text formatting options.  Wondering if both programs can be run (not at the same time) VWD for graphics developer and VSP 2008 for programmers.     Quick answer: I believe you can. Why not try it? zoltac007:VWD for graphics developer Why not Expression? (Which shares the same solutions/projects with VS, to make sharing easier.)Richard We 'tried' VISTA way too early and set our development team back three months.&nb...

upgrading from visual studio 2005 to visual studio 2008
Hi,Im using visual studio 2005 currently and due to new features provided in visual studio 2008 want to use that. But im in fear of uninstalling visual studio 2005 tha installing visual studio 2008 . it take a lot time. Is there any upgradatio wizard so that i can upgrade my older version of visual studio with the new version i.e. with 2008. If no than please tell me every possible way and alternatives.   Please Help Me OutThanks in advance!! Hi, You shouldn't have any problem running 2005 and 2008 on one machine.  .net 3.5 is pretty much .net 2.0 with new feature...

A compatible version of Visual Studio 2008 was not detected on the system. This update is designed for only the Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 (ENU) product family, and is not compatible with any Expres
 Hello,          I'm trying to install VS2008 SP1 on Vista Ultimate but I receive this error "A compatible version of Visual Studio 2008 was not detected on the system. This update is designed for only the Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 (ENU) product family, and is not compatible with any Express editions." Either I download the installer from here (http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=FBEE1648-7106-44A7-9649-6D9F6D58056E&displaylang=en) or after downloading the ISO from here (http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?Fa...

Web resources about - Difference between visual studio 2008 development edition and visual studio 2008 team edition? - asp.net.visual-studio-2008

Doha Development Round - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The Doha Development Round or Doha Development Agenda ( DDA ) is the current trade-negotiation round of the World Trade Organization (WTO) which ...

Traditional toys beat gadgets in language development
Baby laptops and other talking, flashing toys that promise to improve children's language skills may do the exact opposite.

Successful Software Development Project Failures
Software development projects have always been challenging. The most referenced source for metrics about project success is the Standish Group ...

Law Schools Are Not Exposing Students To Real World Business Development
If you're a law student, ask yourself if your law school is truly preparing you for the future.

Toyota buys Daihatsu for small-car development
Filed under: Earnings/Financials , Toyota , Daihatsu , Budget Having acquired a controlling interest in Daihatsu back in 1988, Toyota is now ...

Facebook irks devs by shutting Parse mobile development platform
Facebook is closing down Parse, its mobile development platform, just three years after acquiring it for $85 million. The shutdown comes as something ...

Tencent Holdings Ltd Halts Windows 10 Mobile QQ Development
China Business News Tencent Holdings Ltd Halts Windows 10 Mobile QQ Development China Business News Chinese internet giant Tencent Holdings ...

Talpa & Zhejiang Tangde Forge Joint Production Venture; Avanti & Sky Vision Ink 2-Year Development Deal ...
Expanding their relationship, John de Mol’s Talpa, now owned by ITV, has entered a joint venture with Middle Kingdom media company Zhejiang Tangde ...

Samantha Kalman on indie VR game development: rethinking fundamentals
Samantha Kalman has been making games for years, and now she's decided to take on the challenge of making multiple new VR games on her own. And ...