Convert Visual Studio 2008 code to Visual Studio 2005

 I had created my website in  in Visual Studio 2008 in our college, but now I want to run this website at my home,but problem is I have Visual Studio 2005 at my home, so please tell me how can I run this website on Visual Studio 2005.
Is there any conversion tool available.

Thanks a lot in advance

0
shyjujohn

There is no backward conversion tool that I know of. If you are using a web site project (not a web application project), just create a new web site project in VS2005 and point it at a copy of the code.

If it is a web application project, you'll have to create a new project and then use Visual Studio's "Add existing file" to add all of the files to the project.

Darrell Norton, MVP
Darrell Norton's Blog

DarrellNorton
10/16/2008 3:57:31 PM

Try downloading free Visual Web Developer Espress 2008.

Mikhail

Installing Visual Studio 2008 Beta 2 With Visual Studio 2003 and Visual Studio 2005 On Machine
I recently completed a successful installation of Visual Studio 2005 on my machine that had Visual Studio 2003 on it already.  I am interested in the beta of Visual Studio 2008, but I'm not sure if there will be conflicts with the previous versions.  Has anyone done this successfully?  Are there any special steps that need to happen for these three development environments to exist together?You can't stop entropy so why even try? I have installed it on my machine but havent had any problems until now though I have not done a lot of work on 2008 yet. This is the only ...

I Have visual studio 2008 how can i convert my web project to work in visual studio 2005?
 I Have visual studio 2008 how can i convert my web project to work in visual studio 2005? where is the option to convert the project to work in vs2005 area? The best way to go about this is to create a new web application by going to:  file -> open -> website -> then select the folder that your website lies in then save the solution as a visual studio 2005 project. but i dont have in save as property, the ability to convert the project to work in visual studio 2005   ok, then lets create a new asp.net web application, then add the existing files from t...

upgrading from visual studio 2005 to visual studio 2008
Hi,Im using visual studio 2005 currently and due to new features provided in visual studio 2008 want to use that. But im in fear of uninstalling visual studio 2005 tha installing visual studio 2008 . it take a lot time. Is there any upgradatio wizard so that i can upgrade my older version of visual studio with the new version i.e. with 2008. If no than please tell me every possible way and alternatives.   Please Help Me OutThanks in advance!! Hi, You shouldn't have any problem running 2005 and 2008 on one machine.  .net 3.5 is pretty much .net 2.0 with new feature...

Visual Studio 2005 vs Visual Studio 2008
I have 2 systems. One running XP Pro SP2 + updates second Vista + Updates (and SP1 when its released) I have a copy of Visual Studio 2005 and Visual Studio 2008. Should i use Visual Studio 2008 on both systems as it allows me to target different .Net platforms? or should i use XP with VS 2005 and Vista with VS 2008. My aim is to create projects for different platforms but still have the advantages of a new product and features i.e. WPF, AJAX, intellisense etc. Is there a reason why someone would want to have VS2005 running on XP rather than VS 2008. Im under the impression VS 20...

Visual Studio 2005 vs Visual Studio 2008 #2
Are there any known issues with decimal rounding in VS 2008.  I have developed a timesheet app that calculates hours based on start and stop times.  It works fine when I use debugger in VS 2005 and a local host.  My boss uses VS 2008 to publish my app.  When he publishes it, my calculations are not rounding properly.  Example:  Someone clocks in at 11:30pm and clocks out at 11:59pm,  in debug mode on my localhost, it rounds it to .5 hours.  When this code gets published, it rounds it to 0 hours.  Thanks  Considering that both the VS 2005...

Shifting to Visual Studio 2008, should i uninstall Visual studio 2005
I have a Web application which has been developed in Visual studio 2005 (.NEt 2.0) . Now i am shifting to Visual Studio 2008. I am not aware what all errors will i get in Visual studio 2008 (.NET 3.5). However i read that Visual Studio 2008 has an option of Choosing the .NET Framework (2.0,3.0,3.5). Does that imply that any web application which is currenlty having no errors in Visual studio 2005(.NET framework 2.0) will build successfully in Visual studio 2008 if i choose the .NET Freamework as 2.0 or are there any other dependies.   Hi, for my former project we upgraded to v...

What is the difference between Visual studio.net and Visual studio 2008 express?
 I am fairly new in ASP.net development, i have downloaded sql express and visual studio express on the microsoft site, but i was just wondering if there is a huge difference between the express packages and the actual profesional packages. Any ideas on that?www.buggrep.comBest error repository site on the web!! If you are new then dont worry about it it, visual web developer express and sql server express are both fine for developing with all the major features of asp.net / sql server.There are some advanced features that I dont even know what they are.I think that the older sql expr...

Difference between visual studio 2008 development edition and visual studio 2008 team edition?
i see some menus changed but what is the actual difference The following link has the VS product Comparison chart: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=727bcfb0-b575-47ab-9fd8-4ee067bb3a37&DisplayLang=en In short, Team Suite has tools that are in the Architectute, Database, and Test editions that the Development edition does not have....

How can I convert the project developed in 2003 visual studio to 2008 visual studio?
 Hello People,I have web application developed in visual studio 2003. How can I convert the whole project developled in 2003 visual studio to 2008 Visual studio? Please give me  the steps  or procedures.Thanks in advance. Try simply opening the project in 2008 and follow wizard steps.Thanks------------------------------------------------------------This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.  Hello Mikhail, I have not seen Wizard for converting  web application from 2003 projectto 2008 Project.I have just seen a wiz...

from Visual Studio .NET to Visual studio 2005 (VB)
Good evening, i hame one quistion about diffrenece Visual studio 2005 and older version.In Visual studio .NET to work with table from data base i do next steps:1. Create new connection to data base in data explorer2. Push my table from data explorer to my form, and master automatically create two components (SqlConnection and SqlDataAdapter)3. Add to from new object - Dataset for transering data to client application (i amke a web service) and execute command from menu Data | Generate DataSet, then in Dialog box i Add this dataset to the designerThat's itThe quistion is how to do this st...

Converting Visual studio 2003 to Visual studio 2005 > HttpException was unhandled by user code
Hi,After the conversion of Visual studio 2003 webapplication to Visual studio 2005 ,  whenever the application trying to access session values its getting " HttpException was unhandled by user code .... ; Session state is not available in this context "  error, previously in  visual studo 2003 it was working fine. I think there may be difference in session handling in  Visual Studio2003 and Visual Studio 2005. Hope any one can help me. I am also having the same problem and I would really like to know the solution to this as well....

Framework 3.0 and Visual Studio 2005 + side note question on Visual Studio 2008
HelloI just have these two quick questions.Thanks.1) Can you code in Visual Studio 2005 using Framework 3.0 instead of 2.0?2) Is the Visual Studio 2008 the final, final release available to download on the MSDN site? The reason I'm asking is that I don't want to be put into a position when it hits the DVDs in Feb. 2008 and have to uninstall. The horror stories of the past BETA uninstalls got me all scared:(  1.  yes, download the tools for VS2005 2.  I believe so, however its up to MS to make that descion!David Kiffhttp://DavidKiff.co.uk-- "Mark As Answer"...

Converting Visual Studio 2003 (1.1 framework) to Visual Studio 2008 (3.5 framework)
I am having problems converting my application.  Here are the steps I have taken (or tried so far) (structure of the folders are root folder has solution and sub folder has .csproj and all other files) 1 - manually copied the 2003 files to a new folder 2 - Added a virtual directory for that new folder 3 - Manually changed the .sln in the new folder to point to the new virtual directory 4 - Started 2008 and received error stating the web site doesnot exist at location "http://localhost/projectfolder/projectname.csproj" Hi Please follow the following steps ( Sk...

Web resources about - Convert Visual Studio 2008 code to Visual Studio 2005 - asp.net.visual-studio-2008

List of converts to Buddhism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

WWE diva converts to Christianity, confesses to a life of sin
Stunning wrestling diva Taryn Terrell has shared a dramatic knock-down testimony of conversion from life in the ring to life with Christ.

Microsoft converts more customers into testers with Office Insider preview program
Microsoft today launched a new preview program for consumers who subscribe to Office 365 that will give them a sneak peak at new features slated ...

'Water Bug' Robot Digests Pollution, Converts it to Electricity
The Row-Bot was capable of generating more energy than it needed.

Will Allergan Chief Saunders Become A Research Convert As Pfizer CEO?
Pfizer is now on the cusp of another merger potentially with another new CEO. R&D will again be under the microscope and, given Pfizer’s annual ...