Cannot call a web service from java script using ajax in .net 3.5 web applications

As like 2005 .net websites i tried to consume a web service from client side java script  using Ajax script manager in  .net 3.5 (2008) version web application it was not working, Event it works with 3.5 web sites, What i have to do to solve the issue. Thanks in advance

0
maheshwaran

can you create the least amount of code to reproduce it and post it? This gives us the ability to check out your code and better guide you.

Also please check out this article: Create a Simple WCF Web Service and Use In JavaScript With Visual Studio 2008 and .Net 3.5

Grz, Kris.

XIII

Consuming Web service from .net 3.5 web application using ajax
Hi , Before in .net 2005 ,I use to consume the  web service from client side via Ajax and java script. that's just adding web service inside the script manger services.But  it was not possible with .net 2008 version WEB APPLICATION   , Even it works well with .net 2008 web sites. Please help me to solve the issue. I have no idea what you mean. Please post the code that "does not work". NC...   I have the same problem.  I have a .NET 3.5 Web Application not Web Site.  I fully qualify the web service with the namespace i,e,  &n...

How to call .net web service from Java web application?
Hi all,  I have a vb .net web service.How do i call .net web service from Java web application?What all resources I need?Can you please provide a sample application where a java application is invoking methods of .net web service? Thank you Hi, First I am not familiar with java language, but web services are universal operating system and language independent. It doesn't matter where the services is or in what language is written you just invoke it  and it gives you "replay".  Probably you must reffer to java consuming web services.   Regard...

How to transform a c# applications into Web Services using Visual Studio.Net
In this link ( http://www.microsoft.com/net/products/tools.mspx ) it says :  " Transform Applications into Web Services :- Visual Studio .NET automatically creates the necessary XML and SOAP interface needed to turn an application into a Web service. Developers can concentrate on building the application, not on the plumbing for the Web service. " I didn't find any article or tutorial about how to do it.   Somebody please let me know how to use Visual Studio.Net to convert a C# component to webservice. Thanks,    pradeep       What is means ...

unable to add a secure java web service to .net thru visual studio add web reference
I have a secure java web service running on my system.   I am able to successfully do a URL based invocation of it and also was able to get the expected SOAP response. It uses the Basic Authentication mechanism to make it secure. So basically when I type the URL in the address bar and invoke it, it asks me for a user name password, I enter it and it runs normally.  Now, when I try to add that web service to a simple asp.net web application thru visual studio add web reference mechanism, it first prompts with a certificate, which I accept and then prompts with Disco...

How to get a Windows Server 2008 to run .NET 3.5 AJAX Web Applications
Hi, i'm kinda new to the .NET 3.5 framework.. I just developed a very simple web app using Visual studio 2008 beta2, choosing ASP.NET Futures AJAX. I then added a Web Reference that i call from a Silverlight control.. So far so good: i test it, and it runs locally.. I also have a Windows Server 2008 DataCenter Release candidate version, on which i used to run an ASP.NET 3.0 Web Application, that worked just fine.. But I can't figure out how to run this .net 3.5 Web App on my server: i tried installing the .NET 3.5 Framework on the server, but i still can only deploy 3.0 applications....

Unable to open existing Web application or create web application from Visual Studio.Net
I reinstalled MS office this morning. All of sudden, I can neither open existing web application nor create new Web application. The symptom is the same as described in thread: http://www.asp.net/Forums/ShowPost.aspx?tabindex=1&PostID=417541 or http://www.dotnetcoders.com/web/Articles/ShowArticle.aspx?article=57 Tried every suggestion. Still can't do anything. When I tried to check server extention, I got following error message: can't open file "fontpg.lck" for writing Do anyone has any suggestion? Could anyone tell me what permission should I set? I added A...

Has anyone upgraded to Bet.net framework version 3.5 service pack 1 to resolve issues using Visual Studio 2008?
I am considering upgrading to SP1 but this release is relatively new - Aug 2008  I would like to know if anyone has upgraded to Bet.net framework version 3.5 service pack 1 as a result of issues with using visual studio 2008.If yes please can you provide details  I installed Visual Studio 2008 SP1 (it installs the .NET 3.5 SP1 as well) and it works great. You will only have problems if you have installed the SP1 beta. If that is the case you will find this tool very useful when removing the beta installation. I use it in production and have never had any problems.http://pavkata.b...

Web resources about - Cannot call a web service from java script using ajax in .net 3.5 web applications - asp.net.visual-studio-2008

Pre-Christmas job application rush hits Australian public service
Speed required for pre-Christmas job window opening for public servants. Check out who is hiring.

New application delivers predictive personalization for Oracle users
... their customers so they can accurately target their efforts. Machine intelligence-based marketing platform Boomtrain is launching a new application ...

NASA is accepting astronaut applications, and this quiz will tell you if you qualify
... gone before, then you might want to sign up to be a NASA astronaut. On Dec. 14, for the first time in four years, NASA began accepting applications. ...

MBA: Mortgage Applications Decrease in Latest MBA Weekly Survey, Purchase Applications up 34% YoY
From the MBA: Mortgage Applications Decrease in Latest MBA Weekly Survey Mortgage applications decreased 1.1 percent from one week earlier, ...

SMIC and M31 introduce differentiated IP solutions for storage controller applications
China-based IC foundry Semiconductor Manufacturing International (SMIC) has announced the company will expand its IP portfolio with M31 Technology's ...

NASA accepting applications for the position of 'astronaut'
Wanted ads aren't usually newsworthy, unless the company is NASA and the job is "going to space." The US space agency has started recruiting ...

Businesses Struggling with Application Performance Issues
Many IT teams still don't have a monitoring solution in place or don't have a solution equipped to detect certain types of performance issues. ...