Can we replace Microsoft .Net framework 3.5 with Microsoft .NET Compact Framework 3.5

Hi,

I have installed vs2008 in C drive and removed it from there  including Microsoft .Net framework 3.5, due to space crunch, then I started installing it in D drive, in this case it did not install .Microsoft .Net framework 3.5 and now it does not show me Microsoft .Net framework 3.5 it shows .NET Compact Framework 3.5 in Add remove program list.

My question is will VS2008 work fine with .NET Compact Framework 3.5. apart from it it also has .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 in the list, all what is missing is microsoft .net framework 3.5

Please let me know if it is a successfull installation.

 Thanks

Amidobs
0
dobs75

If you see Microsoft.Net Framework 3.5 SP1, you are fine.  The service pack 1 changes the Microsoft.Net Framework 3.5 to Microsoft.Net Framework 3.5 SP1.  So from the sounds of it, your installation is fine.

Chris Dupuy

Sr. Developer

Blue Cross/Blue Shield LA

* Please remember to click Mark as Answer on this post if it helped you *
0
exuviae
11/26/2008 11:15:59 PM

Hi Chris,

Thank you very much for your response !!

So does it mean that 3.5 SP1 is a complete framework and not just few additional files that original .NET 3.5 Frame work does 't have, and thus VS2008 will run fine with this, even if  .NET  Frame work 3.5 has been uninstalled.

Thank you very much once again!

Dobs

Amidobs
0
dobs75
12/2/2008 8:24:58 PM

Please do not uninstall frameworks. VS needs both 2.0 AND 3.5 frameworks. It will NOT work if you uninstall 3.5.

Mikhail
12/2/2008 11:15:37 PM

Well you do not want to uninstall any frameworks.  But if you had 3.5 installed, then installed 3.5sp1, you will no longer see 3.5 as SP1 will change the text from "Microsoft .NET 3.5" to "Microsoft .Net 3.5 SP1"  Do not uninstall 2.0 or your installation will be toast.

Chris Dupuy

Sr. Developer

Blue Cross/Blue Shield LA

* Please remember to click Mark as Answer on this post if it helped you *
0
exuviae
12/3/2008 11:19:41 AM

OK I  got it.

Thank you so much

Regards

Dobs75

Amidobs
0
dobs75
12/3/2008 4:29:15 PM

 I deleted .net framework 1, 2, 3, 3.5 and reinstalled them.  There are issue to resolve, for example Preview in Explorer gives a Fatal Execution engine error,  and application hs generated and excetption....etc.  I tried to uninstall and .net framework packages but none will uninstall.  Your word was "Toast."  What are my options?

 Doug

0
DougBarnett9

Net framework 2.0 installled on my server, can i replace it with .net framework 3.5
Hi all I have .Net framework 2.0 installled on my server,  and  websites are currently running  that are developed in .net 2.,  my  clinets wants .net framework 3.5 or  if i installed .net framewrok 3.5 in my server, there is any problems to my previous  web application that was hosted using .net framework 2.0   if yes ,how  can i installed .net framewrok 3.5 adilahmed Don't worry...just install it. .net 3.5 is incremental and works on top of 2.0. Any existing websites will reference the 2.0 binaries and will still work.   Also, I...

new features for Visual Studio 2008 and .Net FrameWork 3.0 &3.5
Hi,    What are the new features for Visual Studio 2008 and .Net FrameWork 3.0 &3.5  There are many of them. Pleas check the links below for a list of them.http://weblogs.asp.net/scottgu/http://www.vikramlakhotia.com/AspNet_3X.aspx Vikram www.vikramlakhotia.comPlease mark the answer if it helped you...

Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 Beta breaks SQL Server 2008 (CTP5) Management Studio
I installed .NET 3.5 SP1 and Visual Studio 2008 SP1 beta just to find out that my SQL Server 2008 (CTP5 Management Studio SQL) doesn't work any more. Whenever I try to connect to a SQL Server it displays "The Tabular Data Stream (TDS) version 0x730b0003 of the client library used to open the connection is unsupported or unknown. The connection has been closed." error message. Searching on Google didn't help much. Any suggestions?Vladimir Kelmanhttp://pro-thoughts.blogspot.com/ I am pretty sure VS 2008 SP1 is set up for sql 2008 RC0. You might have to upgrade to RC0S...

Support for dw.NET 2.5 in VS 2008, .NET framework 3.5 and Oracle 10.2g
Hi, I intend to use the datawindow.NET 2.5 in VS 2008 (.NET framework 3.5) using a Oracle 10.2g database as a backend and later using Oracle 11g as backend. Can someone please let me know if the product is supported in the environments mentioned. All help will be highly appreciated and many thanks in advance. Regards Hasan Kasamali On Nov 24, 3:06=A0am, Hasan Kasamali wrote: > Hi, > > I intend to use the datawindow.NET 2.5 in VS 2008 (.NET > framework 3.5) using a Oracle 10.2g database as a backend > and later using Oracle 11g as backend. > > Can ...

.NET Framework 3.5 and .NET Framework 2.0
Hi All,            I wana know i have .net framework 2.0 running on my pc with sql server 2005. I wana install .net framework 3.5. My question is that can i keep both the framework on same pc if yes can u tell me the way how can i do this.  The 3.5 version of the framework actually adds to the existing 2.0 framework. after you install 3.5, you will still have 2.0 on your system.Mike Banavige~~~~~~~~~~~~Need a site code sample in a different language? Try converting it with: http://converter.telerik.com/ actually by default and automatilcally when you ...

Creating Reports in Visual Studio 2008/.NET Framework 3.5
I am trying to create reports in VB using Visual Studio 2008/.NET Framework 3.5 with a SQL Server 2000 backend (moving to SQL Server 2005 in a couple of months). I am fairly new to this environment and I'm not sure what the best approach is. I see that there is a Visual Studio Template for Reports, but my attempts to get it working have failed. I've tried finding tutorials on this, but nothing is quite what I need. It seems most articles are for VS 2005 or SQL Reporting Services. Any help would be greatly appreciated as I'm tired of going in circles. I have decided to keep ...

Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5
"Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 contains many new features building incrementally upon .NET Framework 2.0 and 3.0, and includes .NET Framework 2.0 service pack 1 and .NET Framework 3.0 service pack 1. ..NET Framework 3.5 builds incrementally on the new features added in ..NET Framework 3.0. For example, feature sets in Windows Workflow Foundation (WF), Windows Communication Foundation (WCF), Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) and Windows CardSpace. In addition, .NET Framework 3.5 contains a number of new features in several technology areas which have been added as new assembl...

What is the difference between microsoft .net framework and microsoft .net framework SDK
What is the difference between microsoft .net framework and microsoft .net framework SDK. And are the advantages of .net framework sdk over .net framework.--------------------------------------------------No Project Too Eazy.-------------------------------------------------- Hi, the .NET framework is the runtime environment that enables your code to run properly. The SDK is the Software Development Kit which holds code snippets etc for developers to check if it needed (that's my basic interpretation of the SDK). I haven't installed the SDK as I use Visual Studio and the MSDN library...

Can I switch from .Net 3.5 to .Net 3
After finishing the website that I built in VS 2008 and has AjaxControlToolkit controls. I was informed by the network admin that the server has .Net 3 and that we can't install .Net 3.5. I tried to change the application settings from Property Page --> Build node, and then select .Net Framework 3.0 from Target Framework Dropdownlist, and then click OK BUT then I can't run my application I get error message and the     <asp:ScriptManager ID="ScriptManager1" runat="server" />   is unknown even when I try ...

Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SDK
All -- Please help.  I searched and the 2.0 SDK this seems to be the latest... http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=FE6F2099-B7B4-4F47-A244-C96D69C35DEC&displaylang=en ...but I am not sure. Is there a new Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SDK? Is 2.0 the latest version of the SDK? Please advise. Thank you. -- Mark Kamoski  http://www.NetBrainer.com I've been looking for a download, but for now, the SDK is located online at MSDN. There is a pre-release version of the Windows SDK for Windows Server 2008 and .NET Framework 3.5 available for dow...

Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1
On an XP HE SP3 which does not now, and never has had, any version of Microsoft.NET Framework, Belarc Advisor ir currently reporting that one of the most recent out-of-band .NET patches is 'missing', specifically the one relating to Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1. Having bought the PC without an installed OS, and installed XP myself, I /think/ I would remember installing .NET 3.5, and, in any case, there is no trace of any .NET bits and pieces anywhere on that PC. I have several versions of .NET on /this/ PC, so I know where to look for traces (at least I think I do). ...

Microsoft .Net Framework 3.5 and more additions
Name: Netanel Idjikovsky Email: Achbar80atGmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Microsoft .Net Framework 3.5 and more additions Comments: Hello Mozilla, I wanted to ask if there is a compatibility with FF 3.5 (latest update) and the Microsoft .Net Framework 3.5 . When I updated FF some of the additions of FF cancelled due the versions compatibility between them and I want to update these additions so the components of the FF and the internet can work perfectly. Additions that isn't compatible: - Microsoft .Net Framework Assistance 1.0 (and I want to update to MNFA 3...

WSE 3.0 from .Net Compact Framework 3.5?
I am new to mobile development and WSE3. I have created the mobile app and a standard Web Service. Was able to compile and test run with no problem. Now as I am learning about WSE 3.0. I have converted the web service to be WSE 3.0 enabled but I'm finding that on the client side (Mobile App). I cannot adda  reference to Microsoft.Web.Services3. So at this point I'm not entirely sure if this is going to work or not. I understand that the Compact Framework uses a subset of the .Net framework and therefore cannot load Services3. My problem is then how do you make calls to a WSE 3.0...

Has anyone upgraded to Bet.net framework version 3.5 service pack 1 to resolve issues using Visual Studio 2008?
I am considering upgrading to SP1 but this release is relatively new - Aug 2008  I would like to know if anyone has upgraded to Bet.net framework version 3.5 service pack 1 as a result of issues with using visual studio 2008.If yes please can you provide details  I installed Visual Studio 2008 SP1 (it installs the .NET 3.5 SP1 as well) and it works great. You will only have problems if you have installed the SP1 beta. If that is the case you will find this tool very useful when removing the beta installation. I use it in production and have never had any problems.http://pavkata.b...

Web resources about - Can we replace Microsoft .Net framework 3.5 with Microsoft .NET Compact Framework 3.5 - asp.net.visual-studio-2008

Microsoft Corporation

Microsoft Cloud Partner - Home

Microsoft Hohm Service Discontinuation
Microsoft-Hohm discontinuation message