Can Visual Web Developer 2008 & Visual Studio 2008 run on the same machine?

Can Visual Web Developer 2008 & Visual Studio 2008 run on the same machine?  Machine running Windows VISTA.

Looking for simplified text formatting options.  Wondering if both programs can be run (not at the same time) VWD for graphics developer and VSP 2008 for programmers.

0
zoltac007

Quick answer: I believe you can. Why not try it?

zoltac007:
VWD for graphics developer

Why not Expression? (Which shares the same solutions/projects with VS, to make sharing easier.)

Richard
0
rjcox
6/12/2008 10:10:20 AM

We 'tried' VISTA way too early and set our development team back three months.  Staying a head of the curve sometimes involves accidents and we are trying to minimize damage with extra knowledge of the road conditions.  Did not know about Expression, thank you for the suggestion.

0
zoltac007
6/12/2008 12:59:02 PM

Yes you can. Although VS includes everything what VWD has, so if you have VS you don't really need VWD Express anymore.

Mikhail
6/12/2008 5:01:00 PM

Thank you - that is what I needed to know.  The Graphic folks seem to like the graphically oriented interface of VWD or it appears to more so oriented.  That may be our lack of understanding of VS 2008 and its custom display configuration.

0
zoltac007
6/12/2008 11:49:51 PM

VWD 2008 and VS 2008 have identical pieces. VWD is a smaller version of VS. I am not sure what is more graphical in Express Smile

Mikhail

Which is best for web pages
Which is best to buy to develop aspx web pages. Visual Studio 2008 or Visual web developer 2008? http://forums.asp.net/p/1137916/1824119.aspx#1824119http://blogs.msdn.com/mikhailarkhipov/archive/2006/06/26/647516.aspx We All move to our original place.Don't forget.Imran Baloch Visual Web Developer of course, because it's free!! visual web developer is build into visual studio. in the free copys the desktop apps and websites are two diffrent pages. if all you are looking to do is to make a page you can download your app on make an install file and host it somwhere. ...

Difference between visual studio 2008 development edition and visual studio 2008 team edition?
i see some menus changed but what is the actual difference The following link has the VS product Comparison chart: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=727bcfb0-b575-47ab-9fd8-4ee067bb3a37&DisplayLang=en In short, Team Suite has tools that are in the Architectute, Database, and Test editions that the Development edition does not have....

Installing Visual Studio 2008 Beta 2 With Visual Studio 2003 and Visual Studio 2005 On Machine
I recently completed a successful installation of Visual Studio 2005 on my machine that had Visual Studio 2003 on it already.  I am interested in the beta of Visual Studio 2008, but I'm not sure if there will be conflicts with the previous versions.  Has anyone done this successfully?  Are there any special steps that need to happen for these three development environments to exist together?You can't stop entropy so why even try? I have installed it on my machine but havent had any problems until now though I have not done a lot of work on 2008 yet. This is the only ...

Visual Studio 2008 -or- Visual Web Developer Express 2008 -or- SharePoint Designer / Etc.
It's been a while since I actively designed in dot net.  Now it's time to do some serious updating to our website (from dot net 1.1 to 3.5).  I haven't used any of the new design tools but want to be able to take complete advantage of all the new features of v3.5 and the features of development applications. What are the differences between Visual Studio 2008 / Visual Web Developer Express 2008 / SharePoint Designer / Etc. and are there any others I should consider for development?  I just want to settle on a development platform so I can start moving forward...

Visual Studio 2008 & Visual Web Developer 2005
I've been watching the great video series on ASP.NET development and am thrilled by what I've learned.  However, one feature of Visual Web Developer 2005 that is conspicuously absent from Visual Studio 2008 (which I am using) is the Layout menu.  Layout==>Position==>Autoposition Options is simply not available in VS2008 and although I've found something similar under Tools==>Options HTML Designer==CSS Styling where I can select "Change position to absolute for controls added using Toolbox, paste or drag and drop", it seems the application is...

How can I convert the project developed in 2003 visual studio to 2008 visual studio?
 Hello People,I have web application developed in visual studio 2003. How can I convert the whole project developled in 2003 visual studio to 2008 Visual studio? Please give me  the steps  or procedures.Thanks in advance. Try simply opening the project in 2008 and follow wizard steps.Thanks------------------------------------------------------------This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.  Hello Mikhail, I have not seen Wizard for converting  web application from 2003 projectto 2008 Project.I have just seen a wiz...

Visual Studio 2008 +Visual Basic 2008
Hello, I am wondering if I can use Visual Studio 2008 pro to create a project in Visual Basic 2008 for PDAs...? Should it have an option to create a PDA's projects?   Yes, you can create one under New Project --> Visual basic --> Smart Device Project.  Good Luck....

I Have visual studio 2008 how can i convert my web project to work in visual studio 2005?
 I Have visual studio 2008 how can i convert my web project to work in visual studio 2005? where is the option to convert the project to work in vs2005 area? The best way to go about this is to create a new web application by going to:  file -> open -> website -> then select the folder that your website lies in then save the solution as a visual studio 2005 project. but i dont have in save as property, the ability to convert the project to work in visual studio 2005   ok, then lets create a new asp.net web application, then add the existing files from t...

Visual Studio 2008 includes SQL Server 2008 Express and Visual Basic 2008?
Please can somebody tell me whether Visual Studio 2008 includes SQL Server 2008 Express or 2005? Also does it include Visual Basic 2008 or 2005? Thank you.VWGolfman  VS2008 installs Sql Server 2005 Express by default. Also, VS2008 installs the new version of VB.Net BUT you can target older runtimes (i.e .Net 1.1, .Net 2, .Net 3) so you can argue that all VB.Net versions are "installed". Thank you Steven VWGolfman...

Silverlight tools with Visual Web Designer 2008 or just Visual Studio Standard 2008?
Should Silverlight tools work with Visual Web Designer 2008? It won't install, even though it is Orcas. It says Orcas has to be installed.  I am trying to play audio for a bunch of songs from my website, and display the lyrics.  Thanks---Bill Rosshttp://woundedego.com hello. make sure you've installed beta 2 and are using the corresponding silverlight tools.-- Regards,Luis Abreuemail: labreu_at_gmail.comEN blog:http://msmvps.com/blogs/luisabreu...

What is the difference between Visual studio.net and Visual studio 2008 express?
 I am fairly new in ASP.net development, i have downloaded sql express and visual studio express on the microsoft site, but i was just wondering if there is a huge difference between the express packages and the actual profesional packages. Any ideas on that?www.buggrep.comBest error repository site on the web!! If you are new then dont worry about it it, visual web developer express and sql server express are both fine for developing with all the major features of asp.net / sql server.There are some advanced features that I dont even know what they are.I think that the older sql expr...

Visual Studio 2008 and Business Intelligence Development Studio 2008
I'm having a difficult time getting BIDS2008 to run in VS2008.  I have a "messy" system, because a reformat isn't an option currently.OS: XP (current patch and SP)Installed: VS2005, VS2008, MS SQL2008 (FULL product, all options selected) (all patched and current sp respectively)Had:  MS SQL2005, SQL2005 Mgt Studio Express and SQL2008 Express (All officially uninstalled via add/remove, prior to install of SQL2008) Issue:  I click on "SQL Server Business Intelligence Development Studio" link in Microsoft SQL Server 2008 MyPrograms tab and get my VS200...

Visual Studio 2008 advantages over Visual Web Developer?
What are the advantages of using Visual Studio 2008 over Visual Web Developer?I know I can create windows programs in Visual Studio, but my reason for using it strictly web development.I will basically be building many intranet sites pulling information out of a business system.Are there massive differences in Visual Studio vs Visual web developer that would make me really need the Visual Studio? Thanks in advance for the help!Cavall  I found that comparisonhttp://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/vs2008/products/cc149003.aspx Mohamed Abb@s------------------------Please remember to click...

Visual Studio 2008 or visaul web developer express 2008?
Hi  Currently I am using the free visual web developer express 2008 software for developng asp.net and c# applications. Is there any advantages of upgrading to visual studio 2008? cheers Have a look here: http://blogs.msdn.com/mikhailarkhipov/archive/2006/06/26/647516.aspxThanks------------------------------------------------------------This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. ...

Web resources about - Can Visual Web Developer 2008 & Visual Studio 2008 run on the same machine? - asp.net.visual-studio-2008

Dungeons and developers
Have you ever wanted to learn web development or just refine your webdev skills? Dungeons and Developers gives your quest for knowledge a role ...

Pixel (game developer) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Amaya's other work includes the game Ikachan which he released in 2000, as well as many other low-profile games. He is currently developing a ...

Sketch joins parade of developers abandoning Mac App Store in favor of direct sales
The developers of the UI design tool Sketch have announced their decision to exit the Mac App Store, following in the footsteps of many other ...

Carcassonne developer does interactive fiction with One Button Travel for iOS
... Croft Go updated with free expansion . One Button Travel Carcassonne Lost Cities Rules! 80 Days DEVICE 6 Lifeline... Carcassonne developer ...

PS4 developers can now access more of the system’s CPU power
... components as one you buy in 2020. But through software updates, the current generation of game consoles is managing to give developers access ...

Mozilla launches new JavaScript-based Add-ons Validator for developers
... store, browser add-ons have to go through validation to ensure that they work properly and are secure. This is the case with Firefox, and developers ...

Pros and developers alike can benefit from these extended Cyber Monday deals
With all the hubbub around the post-Thanksgiving shopping, it’s nice when there’s a huge discount on something that is actually useful. These ...

Chivalry developer trademarks Mirage: Arcane Warfare
... and you’ve got yourself a grand ole time. Plus it gets extra points for having a dedicated warcry button. But since Chivalry , developer Torn ...

Internet of Things App Developers' Update, 2015
A third of all Internet of Things (IoT) developers are primarily focusing on Big Data and analytics projects today. 42% of IoT developers are ...

Developers have want awaken what they believe is a sleeping giant in Colorado ...
Developers have want awaken what they believe is a sleeping giant in Colorado ... Colorado Springs Gazette "The corridor is tired," said Danny ...