Can I deploy a VS 2008 web project on a windows server running .NET framework 2.0

Is it possible for me to deploy a VS 2005 web-project  on a server running .NET 2.0? We have a vendor developed and supported web based e-learning service and was wondering if I can deploy in-house customization on their server. I have VS2008 and VS2003 development environment. Do not want 2003 and not sure of 2008 ?

raghu1

In VS2008 select the Project Properties.

Within there you will find an advanced option to specify the Target version, select 2.0 and publish.

0
Curt_C
8/12/2008 12:21:09 PM

 That was quick.

Thanks Curt.

I will try this

0
raghu1

Crystal report not showing in web in windows server 2003 with CR 2008 using .Net 2.0 framework installed.
we have Crystal Report 2008 Full product  installed in Windows XP professional SP2 and visual studio 2005 in the development system.We are able to see crystal report thru the Crystal Report Viewer in web.   For deployment when we have installed CR 2008 in Windows 2003 server standard edition and it has also .Net 2.0 Framework(no visual studio 2005 installed in it).But not showing  the report thru CR viewer.   Can any one help  that do I need to install anything more in the server.My guess is CR viewer is unable to show the crystal report.Although i...

VS 2008 Web Application Projects targeting .NET 2.0 and AJAX 1.0
Hi! I have a problem trying to use VS 2008 Web Application Projects targeting .NET 2.0 and AJAX 1.0: I've read in one of the blogs (http://blogs.msdn.com/webdevtools/archive/2007/07/30/using-vs-2008-to-target-asp-net-ajax-1-0.aspx) that there is a bug that makes Beta 2 recognize System.Extensions 1.0.61025.0 as a .NET 3.5 component. When I try to add a reference to it in my .NET 2.0 Web Application Project, it appears grayed out (as I believe it should). So, I there any other way to add it?I tried referencing the assembly in the web.config file, but the WAP doesn't build.Any ideas?&n...

problem with Visual Studio 2008, Net Framework 2.0 and AJAX 1.0 doesn't work!
I wrote simple web application with update panel but when I loaded application, update panel didn't work..I think It's problem with AJAX 1.0... How to fix this problem???ASP.NET 3.5VISUAL STUDIO 2008 PROMS SQL SERVER 2005 You really need to be more specific about what you're trying to do, what's happening, post your source code, something...When you ask a question, remember to click "mark as answered" when you get a reply which answers your question.My latest ASP.NET AJAX blog entries. I have side by side installed visual studio 2005 and 2008.In visual studio ...

How do I create an ActiveX web component in .NET 2.0 with Visual Studio 2008?
How do I create an ActiveX web component in .NET 2.0 with Visual Studio 2008?  I want to be able to create an ActiveX interface in my ASP.NET webpages so I can get windows-like features.  How can I accomplish this?  I use VB.NET and not C#.You can't stop entropy so why even try? if you want to create a real activeX control, then you need to use VB6 as VS cannot create activeX/Com components. What you can do is create a .NET winforms user control and host it on the webpage as a .NET applet which is treated like an activeX control by the browser. So to do this in .N...

problem in deployment in server visual studio .net 2005 framework 2.0
i developed simple web based project in Visual studio .net 2005 and it is working fine in my system . So i copied this project in server and copied in C:\inetpub\wwwroot . Then using IIS i made this project as Virtual directory in the server . WHen i run the project i am getting the following error . Couldnt load type '_Default' then i reffered the below link . http://dotnetfish.blogspot.com/2007/10/could-not-load-type-default.html  and make the Version to framework 2.0 . Then when i run my application i am getting 'page cant found ' . So i installed Visual studio.net...

Can I fully target .NET 2.0 with Visual Studio 2008 Professional?
I love .NET 2.0 and I am a great fan of it. But sometimes I have to develop WPF and silverlight applications, so I have installed Visual Studio 2008 Professional Edition. I am newbie to Visual Studio 2008, please tell me, can I completely target .NET 2.0 through Visual Studio 2008 Professional (as in VS 2005) along with .NET 3.0 and .NET 3.5? Is Visual Studio 2005 is better or Visual Studio 2008? I am waiting.... please tell me... I shall be highly thankful to you from core of my heart for this...Software Development & Web Development is my addiction. I am a Visual C# 2.0 and ASP.NET 2....

How Do I Use AJAX and AJAX Control Toolkit In Visual Studio 2008 When Targetting .NET 2.0 Framework?
I have recently converted a lot of Visual Studio 2003 / .NET Framework 1.1 projects to Visual Studio 2008 / .NET Framework 2.0.  I want to be able to use AJAX and AJAX Control Toolkit under Visual Studio 2008 while we target the .NET 2.0 Framework.  Unfortunately, we cannot target .NET Framework 3.5 because we need Windows 2003 Server for that and we only have Windows 2000.  I do not want to use Visual Studio 2005 either.  Is it possible to do what I want given these conditions?You can't stop entropy so why even try? The simple answer is yes.  What pr...

Can Visual Web Developer 2008 & Visual Studio 2008 run on the same machine?
Can Visual Web Developer 2008 & Visual Studio 2008 run on the same machine?  Machine running Windows VISTA. Looking for simplified text formatting options.  Wondering if both programs can be run (not at the same time) VWD for graphics developer and VSP 2008 for programmers.     Quick answer: I believe you can. Why not try it? zoltac007:VWD for graphics developer Why not Expression? (Which shares the same solutions/projects with VS, to make sharing easier.)Richard We 'tried' VISTA way too early and set our development team back three months.&nb...

Net framework 2.0 installled on my server, can i replace it with .net framework 3.5
Hi all I have .Net framework 2.0 installled on my server,  and  websites are currently running  that are developed in .net 2.,  my  clinets wants .net framework 3.5 or  if i installed .net framewrok 3.5 in my server, there is any problems to my previous  web application that was hosted using .net framework 2.0   if yes ,how  can i installed .net framewrok 3.5 adilahmed Don't worry...just install it. .net 3.5 is incremental and works on top of 2.0. Any existing websites will reference the 2.0 binaries and will still work.   Also, I...

Windows Server 2008, Microsoft SQL Server 2008 and Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 Launched!
Largest enterprise launch in company history includes Windows Server 2008, Microsoft SQL Server 2008 and Microsoft Visual Studio 2008; focuses on security, Web, virtualization and better business intelligence. LOS ANGELES - Feb. 27, 2008 - Kicking off more than 225 events around the world and joined by more than 4,000 customers and partners, Microsoft Corp.'s Chief Executive Officer Steve Ballmer today showcased the next generation of infrastructure and application platform products, including Windows Server 2008, Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 and Microsoft SQL Server 2008....

Web resources about - Can I deploy a VS 2008 web project on a windows server running .NET framework 2.0 - asp.net.visual-studio-2008

Xposed framework for Android 6.0 Marshmallow could arrive this week
Towards the end of October we told you that Xposed framework for Android 6.0 Marshmallow would soon become available for all. While that's still ...

Safe Harbor 2.0 framework begins to capsize as January deadline nears
(credit: Andree Stephan ) Safe Harbour 2.0, currently being drawn up by the EU and US authorities, "will not provide a viable framework for ...

How to find which versions of the .NET Framework are installed on a PC
Check the system requirements for a Windows application and you’ll often find it needs some minimum version of Microsoft’s .NET Framework. .NET ...

Frameworks releasing 'Time Spent' EP
by Andrew Sacher photo by Shauna Hundeby Gainesville's Frameworks became one of the more promising new bands in the current wave of screamo with ...

Cisco Announces New Skills Framework to Address Evolving Technology
Internet of Things (IoT), cloud, business transformation and network programmability will influence all Cisco Career Certifications.

Google engineers craft a Dart framework for iOS and Android
The UI framework uses its own rendering engine to draw widgets

Int'l groups launch new global framework to eliminate human rabies
... the worst rabies problem. Metro Manila (CNN Philippines) – International organizations launched on Thursday (December 10) a new global framework ...

The Complex Framework Of The UN Climate Talks, Demystified
As COP21 convenes this week in Paris, this data viz breaks down all you need to know about the history, key players, and big decisions. Yesterday, ...

Angular-Meteor links JavaScript frameworks
... build system improvements and ECMAScript compliance Angular-Meteor, Meteor's technology for using the Angular and Meteor JavaScript frameworks ...