A page can have only one server-side Form tag - VS.NET 2008

First: No I don't have multiple form tags. I have one and only one in the master page. NO OTHER.

Here's the scenario:

The form and the post back is happening on the master page.  If I only have one level of nesting in my master pages (i.e. only the main parent master page) everything is fine and dandy.  However if I have a second master page then the post back causes the above error even though the page displays correctly when there is no post back.

 So this scenario works:

Master Page with post back control

----------Default.aspx

 But this doesn't

Master Page with post back control

-----------Master Sub Page

------------------- Default.aspx

This is a new bug in Vs.net 2008 with .net 3.5 framework from what I can tell....

 You can view this result here:

http://dev.darwinproductions.net:1714

If you add something to your cart, then go back to the home page then delete the item from the cart on the right side of the home page, it works fine.  If however you add the item to your cart, then go back to the home page and then click on any product in the featured items, and then on the product detail page (which is the master -> Master -> Content Page) and click the little X to delete the item from the cart from that page, it will throw an error.

 Any help how to reproduce this would be greatly appreciated. It's the only bug we have (that we know of !) before release of the site.

0
Geminiman

A page can have only one server-side Form tag
I have a web user control in my web page.  The user control (ascx) consist of a text box and button. The web page consist of text boxes and buttons also.  Both pages have form tags with runat=server.  When I run the web page it comes up with the error "A page can have only one server-side Form tag." Both the user control and web page need the form tag with runat=server.  Is there a way I can code these pages where there won't be a conflict between the web user control and the web page? Thanks   JohnMo wrote:Both the user control and web page need the form tag wit...

Visual Studio 2008 includes SQL Server 2008 Express and Visual Basic 2008?
Please can somebody tell me whether Visual Studio 2008 includes SQL Server 2008 Express or 2005? Also does it include Visual Basic 2008 or 2005? Thank you.VWGolfman  VS2008 installs Sql Server 2005 Express by default. Also, VS2008 installs the new version of VB.Net BUT you can target older runtimes (i.e .Net 1.1, .Net 2, .Net 3) so you can argue that all VB.Net versions are "installed". Thank you Steven VWGolfman...

Page.render giving the A page can have only one server-side Form tag error
Hi I am trying to get the current pages output (html) as string and send it to a different server. I have the following code Dim sResultantHTML As StringDim sb As New StringBuilder Dim SW As New StringWriter(sb)Dim htmlTW As New HtmlTextWriter(SW) Page.RenderControl(htmlTW)Dim pageHTML As String = sb.ToString() htmlTW.Flush() sResultantHTML = SW.ToString() htmlTW.Close() But upon executing I am getting the 'A page can have only one server-side Form tag error'. My page is in ASP.NET 1.1 with VB.NET code behind. Can somebody help   Thanks GVI Do you have two FORM...

Windows Server 2008, Microsoft SQL Server 2008 and Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 Launched!
Largest enterprise launch in company history includes Windows Server 2008, Microsoft SQL Server 2008 and Microsoft Visual Studio 2008; focuses on security, Web, virtualization and better business intelligence. LOS ANGELES - Feb. 27, 2008 - Kicking off more than 225 events around the world and joined by more than 4,000 customers and partners, Microsoft Corp.'s Chief Executive Officer Steve Ballmer today showcased the next generation of infrastructure and application platform products, including Windows Server 2008, Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 and Microsoft SQL Server 2008....

What is the difference between Visual studio.net and Visual studio 2008 express?
 I am fairly new in ASP.net development, i have downloaded sql express and visual studio express on the microsoft site, but i was just wondering if there is a huge difference between the express packages and the actual profesional packages. Any ideas on that?www.buggrep.comBest error repository site on the web!! If you are new then dont worry about it it, visual web developer express and sql server express are both fine for developing with all the major features of asp.net / sql server.There are some advanced features that I dont even know what they are.I think that the older sql expr...

A page can have only one server-side Form tag
Problem:I use a masterfile. The page account.aspx loads in contentplaceholder3. I have created a form in my account.aspx, but when I try to add a 'ASP:textbox' field to my contact.aspx , I get a: "'TEXTBOX' must be placed inside a form tag with runat=server" error. When I do this, I get a: "A page can have only one server-side Form tag" error. So I don't know what to do now!thxplease mark answers as 'Answered' and post back solutions when you figure stuff out that isnt in the post already. Hi Peter, What version of ASP.Net are you using?Jamie Kindred, CGA, MCSD Microsoft .NET F...

A page can have only one server-side Form tag??

A page can have only one server-side Form tag
Hi, I have a web page which has server side include for top, left, main and bottom.aspx pages. In the left.aspx, there is a login web control which has a pair of form tags. In the main page, there is a registration form which has a pair of form tags. So, there are 2 pairs of form tags in one index.aspx page. I cannot run it and it prompted the error of "A page can have only one server-side Form tag". I removed the </form> for left.aspx and <form> for main.aspx. It cannot run also as it said the respective form tag was missed. So, how can I handle a...

A page can have only one server-side Form tag???
hey i have created 2 web forms in the single project... while running the 2nd web form it says...   [HttpException (0x80004005): A page can have only one server-side Form tag.]   System.Web.UI.Page.OnFormRender(HtmlTextWriter writer, String formUniqueID)   System.Web.UI.HtmlControls.HtmlForm.RenderChildren(HtmlTextWriter writer)   System.Web.UI.HtmlControls.HtmlContainerControl.Render(HtmlTextWriter writer)   System.Web.UI.HtmlControls.HtmlForm.Render(HtmlTextWriter output)   System.Web.UI.Control.RenderControl(HtmlTextWriter writer)&...

A page can have only one server-side Form tag.
I am getting an error on some of my forms when creating a web application. This in not happening on all of them, but only a few. I got rid of my bin directory and did a rebuild. Anyone know what I am doing wrong?The honor belongs to the man who is in the ring, who's hands are marred with dust, sweat, and blood. For even if he fails, he fails having tried greatly, such that his place shall never be amongst those cold timid souls who knows neither victory or defeat Do you have more than one server side form tag on a single web form? Sorry for asking the obvious.Jamie Kindred, CGA, MCSD ...

A page can have only one server-side Form tag?
Hello    when i use (base.Render(htw)) i get this error:A page can have only one server-side Form tag,I would like to send this web form to an email.What can i do?Thank you.Manou private void SendItemButton_Click(object sender, System.Web.UI.ImageClickEventArgs e) { StringBuilder sb = new StringBuilder(); HtmlTextWriter htw = new HtmlTextWriter(new StringWriter(sb)); // Render page base.Render(htw); string strHTML = sb.ToString();}...

a page can have only one server side form tag
i have a masterpage with a treeview surrounded by a form with runat=server tag.. i am using this as the menu..   i created a page off this masterpage and added a login control to the contentplaceholder and surrounded this by form tag with runat=server.. i get the error below;  "a page can have only one server side form tag" i read up something about setting the forms visible tag to false but i'm really not sure how to go about it..is it thus impossible to use the login control in this way? pls help..        post your code  -------------------...

A page can have only one server-side Form tag.
what can i do for this problem please help  artemis24 wrote:what can i do for this problem please help Explain why you see the need to have two server side form tags. Then, maybe someone will be able to help you out. -- Tarjei You may have a look at: Multiple Forms and Non-PostBack FormsRegardsBilal Hadiar, MCP, MCTS, MCPD, MCTMicrosoft MVP - Telerik MVP i once need to fill a datgrid and then i need to email the html page thats why i need two buttons but i havn't used two form tags i do not know why it gives such an error. i rewsolved the problem by redirecting a my page...

A page can have only one server-side Form tag
I'm using masterpages...In the top field I always want to display a search textbox.But in the pages that I load into my masterpages I want to display a contact form and a registration form. Now it seems I have to choose whether I want to have the search form in my masterpage or the other forms in my normal pages....is there a workaround?Can I perhaps not use a server-side form for my search functionality? this is not preferred but if there's no other way please explain me how to implement this...please mark answers as 'Answered' and post back solutions when you figure stuff out that...

Web resources about - A page can have only one server-side Form tag - VS.NET 2008 - asp.net.visual-studio-2008

Server Side Includes - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Google Cloud Platform simplifies server-side development for iOS w/ ‘Mobile Backend Starter’
... Mobile Backend Starter that first debuted for Android developers back in June. Google says the application helps to simplify the server-side ...

Free Cooling: the Server Side of the Story
Servers that support higher inlet temperatures could significantly reduce or even eliminate the cooling costs of the data center. We received ...

[Update: Check Now] Play Store For Android Gets Search Bar With Hamburger Flip In Server-Side Update
Google is pushing out an update to the Play Store's Android interface that replaces the action bar with a standard search bar. Inside are the ...

Server-side update makes Siri a stickler for succinctness
Siri is already well known for her wit and willingness to joke, but a recent server-side update has given Apple's digital assistant the ability ...

Japanese RIAA wants server-side music DRM for mobile phones
The Recording Industry Association of Japan—the Japanese version of the RIAA— …

New BaaS platform aims to eliminate writing server-side code
... offering for desktop and mobile developers that's now leaving its beta phase. By removing the need for writing code on the server-side, Backendless ...

Dart improves async and server-side performance
... Team Today's release of the Dart SDK version 1.3 includes a 2x performance improvement for asynchronous Dart code combined with server-side ...

Customize Google Using Server-Side Scripts
Google's services have a lot of powerful features, but they can't offer all the options requested by users. A popular way to customize Google ...