XML Documentation for a VS2005 Web Site or Web Services site

Using Visual Studio 2005, for a web site or a web services site, where is the XML Documentation out put to as there is no Bin directory now?  Is it possible to get the web / web services projects to compile to a bin directory and so get an EXE for NDOC to analyse?

I am have turned code analysis on.

My other projects in the solution produce XML documentation which the beta of NDOC 2.0 will produce documentation for.Smile [:)]

TATWORTH

I have since found a reference to XML documentation having been removed in VS2005 for web sites as nobody used it! Huh? [:^)]  (I have documented almost every ASP.NET web site I have written for the last year).

I have moved most of the code into a class project, leaving the web service site as a facade. The class project documents very well Smile [:)] with the beta of NDOC 2.0.

TATWORTH

The web site suggestions when you start to type in a web site are no where near what the web site is that I want to go to.
Name: Zachary Product: Firefox Release Candidate Summary: The web site suggestions when you start to type in a web site are no where near what the web site is that I want to go to. Comments: The web site suggestions are not even close to the web site I want to go to. In Firefox 2 the web site suggestions were perfect, where when you started to type in a web site the web site that you wanted came up in the suggestions if you've been to that web site before. But now in Firefox 3 it also goes by the web sites heading which I don't like. For example, if I wanted to go to fa...

Personal Web Site Starter Kit (Visual Studio 2005) default document question
Hi, I'm using VS 2005's Personal Web Site Starter Kit to start a new web site. Once I clicked ok to create the web site by the starter kit and got SQL Server 2005 installed, I pressed Ctl + F5. I was abled to see the web site right away. The default document is Default.aspx. I would like to add a new home page to the website, so I was trying to change the default document to be another .aspx file. However, as there is no IIS virtual path set to it, I am not sure how to change the default document. Could anyone give me some help? Thanks. Hi, Based on your description, I think ...

Can "Add Web Reference" if web service deployed to new web site, Can't add ref if deployed to Virt Server under Default web site (Sharepoint)
I have created a web service wich I can deploy successfully to a new IIS Web, but of course I have to set the port to something other than 80 (and I'd rather just use a virtual server under the Default web). If I try to deploy my web service under the Default Web as a new virtual server, and then try to "Add a web Reference" to the service, it fails with a 404: not found error. Notes: WServer 2003 My IIS server is running Sharepoint Portal Server (SPPS)sp2.  VS2005 Any ideas? /Bob C in GRR In Sharepoint Portal Admin I had to add a Path Exclusion.  Took me a whi...

"Visual Studio .NET cannot create or open the application. Web site 'http://localhost/2373/Labs/Lab071' not started on this Web server. "
i wanted to create a New Project, with Visual Basic Projects as Project Type, and ASP.NET Web Application as the selected Templates. However, there was an error message pop up saying these: "Visual Studio .NET cannot create or open the application. Web site 'http://localhost/2373/Labs/Lab071' not started on this Web server. " How may i overcome it? Is 2373 already a directory in your web root? How about Labs? It might have something to do with subdirectories, have you tried creating one just off the route? Ala: http://localhost/labs071 ? You might want to try to see if tha...

Visual Studio 2005 Copy Web Site and VSS 2005 Integration
I am using a VS2005 Web Site project (BlogEngine.Net). This project is under VSS 2005 source control. I use the VS2005 Copy Web Site feature to upload changes to my remote host via FTP. This works fine. I make some configuration changes on the hosted site using a web browser and then try to Copy a resulting xml file from the remote site back to my Visual Studio 2005/VSS 2005 working folder hoping that the copy Web Site feature would check out the local file and replace it with the one copied from the remote site. According to the VS 2005 copy Web Site status and log the copy transaction...

Web Site to Web Application 2005 and Web References
I'm trying to convert a VS 2005 Web Site  Project to a VS 2005 Web Application Project, I have followed http://webproject.scottgu.com/CSharp/Migration/Migration.aspx, which works fine for most objects but it does not convert the Web References.I can add them manually, however I need to ensure that the Web Reference Name is the same for all my Web Services, this is to ensure that I can used Shared Types.  The problem is on VS 2005 Web Application it renames the Web Reference Name to Localhost1, localhost2 etc. Any ideas how I can get over this?Regards <<<Bryan...

XML Web Service as Admin of a Store Web site
I have created an XML Web Service (WebShopManager) with the IBS Store that will serve as an Admin program. I download the Store data tables to a local client where I read, edit and then return data to the Store. The program can function as a logistic centre. Does anyone have experience with this kind of solution? Can this work in reality when we have lots of data in the tables to download? What could be a problem? I imagine this method much more flexible than the ordinary web based admin solutions. Bo Wiklund...

Personal Web Site for Visual Web Developer 2005
I just installed the personal web site on my computer today.  It runs fine on my machine; however when I go to the "Copy web site" button and publish it to my hosted server (Ipowerweb.com) I get a Runtime Error as seen below.  I'm not sure if I need to edit the connection string to the database tables or not.  My hosting company uses MySql and not MS Sql Server.  Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.  Thank you. Server Error in '/bushmous' Application. Runtime Error Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom err...

Web site with Visual Web Developer 2005 Express
I am very new to .NET so please bare with me.  I am in a web development college course and we are doing are web application in ASP.NET using C#.  One of my group members came across Visual Web Developer 2005 Express and showed us how easy it makes making a web page with login features. I was looking at the FAQ for VWD 2005 Express here: http://lab.msdn.microsoft.com/express/faq/default.aspx#vwd and it has this question: Can I build and deploy applications using the Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition Beta 1? No. During the Beta 1 timeframe we want customers...

Creating Web Service
Hello everyone, I am creating a new web service, and was wondering what you all thought the advantages and disadvantages of creating it using a Web Site vs using a Web Application Project...thoughts?  Is one better than the other in terms of deployment?  Is one better for development and debugging? Thanks! Hi d_helland, To understand which one is prefer to your situation, please read the following two articles. What's New in Web Projectshttp://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/f7fb46ye(VS.80).aspx Introduction to Web Application Projectshttp://msdn2.microsoft.com/en...

Web services added as web applications are being converted to web sites
We have a somewhat large solution that we are converting from VS.NET 2003 to 2005 (using web application projects).The conversion has been going very well until recently.  Basically, one of the other developers converted a number of web services to 2005 web services as web applications.  When he loads the solution that contains these projects, it loads and builds fine. Other developers can load the solution successfully and build as well.  When I try to load this solution, VS.NET 2005 checks out the .sln file as well as all of the folders these web service projects reside in.&...

Visual Studio 2005 to develop Web Sites
Hello everybody, After a long research on books that can help me develop a dynamic web site using VS 2005, I thought on writing a line here to see if some of you have some ideas or titles that can share with me as the ones that I found don't convince me. I'm migrating from the Macromedia suite, but Macromedia 8 does not support .Net 2.0 and I actually like the idea of learning how to create a dynamic website from VS2005. Thanks,   EduardoThanks,Please Mark this post as answered if it was helpful. Hi,I think you have a similar question herehttp://forums.asp.net/t...

Copy Web Site Visual Studio 2005
I have a Web Site that I developed on a old laptop from which I used to copy the web site to the web server. Recently I was given a new laptop on which I start to work. I have set up the same web site on this new laptop and done some new work on it. Now as I need to copy the new work to the web server, I see a bunch of question marks on the left of both panes. Please advise what I should do? Thanks.Please mark the post(s) that have helped you as "Answer" thuhue:Now as I need to copy the new work to the web server, I see a bunch of question marks on the left of both panes. Please...

Deploying a web site from Visual Web developer 2005 Express edition
Does anyone know how to deploy a web site from Visual Web Developer 2005 Express edition?...

how to run see web site made on Visual Web Developer 2005
Please help me i made a web site on Visual Web Developer 2005 and its working ok if i run it on VWD 2005 IDE because it make its how server and run it from there but if i want to run this website to other computer where VWD 2005 is not installed how could i view it... because its not running if i put it in wwwroot folder and run it from there.. like we use to do in simple ASP.... The machine will need the .net framework installing and yor need to configure iis using the aspnet_regiis.exe -i and the default web site properites tabs under the IIS MMC. You should be able to copy the files ove...

How to copy web site or publish web site
Hello:  I have connection problem when copying web site. After  clicking FTP stie, I typed server name or server address  and  21 as port, then I got error: could not find a web server on port 21. However, I have IIS installed on this server It works fine if I type http://servername/index.asp.  I choose remote website, then typing web site locatioin: http://servename. However, I got error: The web server does not appear to have the Frontpage server extensions installed.   How could I copy or publish .net to the server?  Your help is highly appreciated ...

Enbeding a web site into another web site
Hi, I have a website and I want to reference another website from within but I still want the same menus displayed. For example I want the call to the external website from within my website. I have a masterpage and I want the website to be within a ContentPlaceHolder. Any ideas?  Thanks In the ContentPlaceHolder you can place an IFrame and show that website.For iframe features you can lookhttp://www.w3schools.com/TAGS/tag_iframe.aspHope that helps  Techie (.Net Knowledge at its Best)We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give.::: Winston Churchill ::...

how transfar data from web site to other web site
hi everybody i need to transfar or move data like user name from one web site to other web site without using sql Server session state is there anyway to complete this thank you very much Hi, the easiest way would be to use the querystring. Mind however that this can be captured so don't put in sensitive data. Grz, Kris.Read my blog. Handy Firefox plugins for web developers.Workaround for non working Mark as answer buttons. Hi, Yes you can pass these values in the query string provided you properly encrypt the data and use the same mechanism/logic/utility to encrypt/decrypt...

database web site or file web site
I made a web page using PowerSite(include datawindow),if I deploy it to a database web site it works fine,but if i deploy it into a file web site,the DW does't work why? What error checking is in place? Which method call is failing first? In article <NYTEanGOAHA.267@forums.sybase.com>, zhangj@pendylum.com says... > I made a web page using PowerSite(include datawindow),if I deploy it to a > database web site it works fine,but if i deploy it into a file web site,the > DW does't work why? > > > -- John Strano [TeamSybase] Corporate Technology Partners, Inc. jstrano@ctpartners.com Emerging Technology Solutions www.ctpartners.com e-Map Solutions Provider the web page is very simple,I didn't put any method,I only put a DW,I put the browser info as following(but the same page works fine in database website).did I make anything wrong in deployment?for deployment,which controller should I use?If I use IIS,must I use ASP controller?may I use PowerDynamo controller to deploy,so the web page works fine in both PWS and IIS? thank you browser info: Warning: undefined variable psServer near line 61 in "/isolweb/wats/watsjar/employee.htm" Warning: undefined variable psServer.GetConnection[GetConnection] near line 61 in "/isolweb/wats/watsjar/employee.htm" Warning: undefined variable psDocument near line 62 in "/isolweb/wats/watsjar/employe...

Web site error after publishing web site
Hi, I'm on shared hosting. I have developed a site locally and uploaded it using ftp to my host so that I could test the payment gateway insitu. That is to say I uploaded the aspx pages, the codebehinds and the class files in the App_Code folder. Everything worked fine and I'm pretty much finished so I thought to myself that I should use the Publish process in VS.NET 2005 instead. I did that and then uploaded the published files to the site. Big mistake. I now get a compilation error that I just can't get rid of. The error is: Compiler Error Message: CS0433: The type 'ProfileCommon' exis...

Web resources about - XML Documentation for a VS2005 Web Site or Web Services site - asp.net.visual-studio-2005

GNU Free Documentation License - Wikipedia
GNU Free Documentation License ( GFDL eller GNU FDL ) är en upphovsrättslig licens vars syfte är att befrämja spridning och utveckling av textdokument. ...

Facebook Tweaks Documentation For Developers
Facebook continued its focus on developers with its release Thursday of improved documentation for FQL and the software-development kits for ...

Documentation for building software with Facebook - APIs, SDKs and Services
Learn how to integrate with Facebook's APIs and developer tools to drive growth and engagement to your app, website or content.

Facebook shares new documentation for local currency pricing, sets migration for Q3
Facebook today provided updates regarding its transition from Credits to local currency pricing. The company offered new documentation for game ...

Emergent Documentation: One way that Agile is very different from Waterfall.
(from a 2012 email) One of the questions I always get around the use of Agile is, how do you do the documentation? Many people are very uncomfortable ...

BIMx Pro - Building Information Model eXplorer for complete project documentations on the App Store on ...
Get BIMx Pro - Building Information Model eXplorer for complete project documentations on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read ...

Documentation in Software Development
There is currently a trend to produce “just enough” documentation in software development. We should however not forgot that what we might estimate ...

The Documentation Dilemma
Back when 37signals was consulting, we gradually weaned ourselves off of documentation. It’s normal practice in the design world to produce lots ...

Apple publishes OS X Mavericks and iOS 7 Core Technologies Overview documentation
A new developer document posted to Apple’s website today details the technologies that power OS X Mavericks. The 36-page document includes information ...

Facebook Releases ThreatExchange API Documentation
... information about malware and other security threats, and the social network announced Friday that the application-programming-interface documentation ...