Why Visual Studio 2005 ask me to convert a solution already got converted Somebody did the conversion of a solution from .net 1.1 to .net 2.0 by using the automatic conversion wizard of Visual Stu

Why Visual Studio 2005 ask me to convert a solution already got converted
    Somebody did the conversion of a solution from .net 1.1 to .net 2.0 by using the automatic conversion wizard of Visual Studio 2005. Then, he changed to another company.
    Now, I take over his job. Unfortunately, when I attempted to open that solution, Visual Studio 2005 prompted me the conversion wizard again to forced me to perform a conversion on the solution. Does someone know why?
--
Harish Patel
www.MicrosoftSQLandASP.net

How many projects are in the solution, does it have UNLOADED projects in this solution? If yes, Conversion Wizard might tries to convert them each time.

You also can create new solution from Visual Studio 2005, and add the project to this new one.

 For more information, see http://webproject.scottgu.com/CSharp/Migration/Migration.aspx

I look forward to hearing from you.

Thomas Sun
Microsoft Online Community Support

-1
Thomas
1/6/2009 7:03:54 AM

Let me try that and let you know.

I guess there are not project unloaded. But event then also let me try seeing the files if there is any hidden project. thanks

--
Harish Patel
www.MicrosoftSQLandASP.net
patelharish@gmail.com
1
HARISH

Using Visual Studio.NET 2005 with .NET Framework 1.1
I'm wondering how easy it is to use Visual Studio.NET 2005 to develop with the .NET Framework 1.1. The 2005 IDE is superior to the VS 2003 IDE (especially in terms of HTML editing), and I would like to switch over in the future. However, my project is not quite ready to be converted to .NET 2.0. Can anyone direct me to an article on this or have any advice? Thanks, Allen K. There are 10 types of people in this world: those that understand binary and those that don't. Did you get an answer to this one? I would like to know the same..Thanks! The VS 2005 IDE was created to...

from Visual Studio .NET to Visual studio 2005 (VB)
Good evening, i hame one quistion about diffrenece Visual studio 2005 and older version.In Visual studio .NET to work with table from data base i do next steps:1. Create new connection to data base in data explorer2. Push my table from data explorer to my form, and master automatically create two components (SqlConnection and SqlDataAdapter)3. Add to from new object - Dataset for transering data to client application (i amke a web service) and execute command from menu Data | Generate DataSet, then in Dialog box i Add this dataset to the designerThat's itThe quistion is how to do this st...

Visual Studio 2005 and .Net 1.1 IIS
Hi.  I'm frustrated and will make this brief.I need to create some ASP.Net Web based applications, so I grabbed Visual Studio 2005 to do it with.  I had some errors running under IIS on my Server 2003 R1 test server.  I found that I needed ASP.Net 2.0.  I downloaded the Windows Server 2003 R2 eval from Microsoft and everything started working (okay, I needed to do an aspnet_regiis).The problem is that the destination server's O/S is Server 2003 R1 and, like mine, does not have ASP.Net 2.0.  I have no control over this server and the odds of my getting them to upgrade to R2 is exactly 0.0%.  Right now it looks like I'll have to downgrade to Visual Studio 2003 to develop with.Is there another option here that I'm not finding?  Can I get VS2005 to create ASP.Net 1.1 somehow?  Is there another way to get ASP.Net on Server 2003 R1 other than upgrading to R2?  Preferrably a way that does not cost money or concern amongst very uptight admins...Any help is appreciated.Larry OldestChild:Can I get VS2005 to create ASP.Net 1.1 somehow? No, you cannot OldestChild:Is there another way to get ASP.Net on Server 2003 R1 other than upgrading to R2?  Preferrably a way that does not cost money or concern amongst very uptight admins... Not sure where you are reading that R2 is required for 2.0, all you need to do is install the framework (which is free) right off http://www.asp.net "If you make it idiot proof, they'll build a be...

Visual studio 2005 and .net framework 1.1
Good morning, After a quick search of the forum, I have been unable to ascertain a similar question being asked, so if I may:My Company has just given my team five new latops all installed with Visual Studio 2005. Alas the servers used throughout the business are only running .net framework v1.1.4322 and are unwilling to upgrade at this moment in time. My questions are: there any difficulties in delivering .net framework 1.1 related developments using visual studio 2005? I am lead to believe that the guys only have the 2.0 framework installed on the lapops. Can the two versions co-exist...

Compilation for .NET Framework 1.1 in Visual Studio 2005
I just added blog entry on this, but it seams important enough to summarize it here too. There is no way to compile solution compatible with FW 1.1 in current version of VS2005(beta 1). I think it should be. Suggestion was post at Product Feedback Center. If you think like me, please vote.Leon LangleybenMCSD, ASP.NET MVPBlog There is a way to do this. See http://weblogs.asp.net/rmclaws/archive/2004/10/03/MSBuildToolkit.aspx for more details. Dave...

Can I Have Visual Studio.NET and Visual Studio 2005 together?
Hi everyone. Can I have Visual Studio.NET and Visual Studio 2005 installed in the same machine? I want to install Studio 2005 but I do not want to uninstall Studio.NET yet. Thanks!C# I am running VS 2003 and VS 2005 together with no problems.Martin Lawrence, MCSE, CNE, A+ Recut Technologies Ltd. http://www.recut.com Yes, they can be installed side-by-side. I have it installed side-by-side on my computer and it works perfectly without any conflicts. I even think there is a Version Selector (not something you have to install as it is installed by default) which will make sure your pro...

Convert VBA Code to Visual Basic .NET When Migrating to Visual Studio 2005 Tools for Office
followup to grc.techtalk Convert VBA Code to Visual Basic .NET When Migrating to Visual Studio 2005 Tools for Office http://msdn.microsoft.com/office/default.aspx?pull=/library/en-us/odc_vsto2005_ta/html/OfficeVSTOLanguageMigrationFromVBA.asp ----------------------------------------------------------- Quote ----------------------------------------------------------- Dale Oberg ArtinSoft.com March 2005 Applies to: �����Microsoft�Visual�Studio�2005 �����Microsoft�Visual�Studio�2005�Tools�for�the�Microsoft�Office�System �����Microsoft�Visual�Basic�.NET �����Microsoft�Visual�...

Visual Studio 2005 Pro / Visual Studio .NET 2003 Pro ?
Ok I have enough money now to purchase Visual Studio .NET 2003 Pro but what do you think guys, is it too late? Do I need to wait til Visual Studio 2005 is officially release? If you suggest me to wait, so I will still use my Visual Studio.NET Pro 60 days trial edition. After the trial reach its limit, I will reformat my HD and install my Windows + Visual Studio Trial again. Yeah this is make me tired but I dont need to spend 600 bucks again for upgrade. or perhaps I will use MSDN Subscription Pro but I hope Visual Studio 2005 Pro will release before my subscription is expired. ...

Running Visual Studio .NET 2003 and Visual Studio 2005 on the same machine.
Hi there,   I have many projects i develop and continue to maintain on my server. Visual Studio .NET 2003 is currently installed and is what i use to do this. I'd really like to install Visual Studio 2005 and give that a whirl on the same machine, and perhaps develop upcoming sites with it also.I understand that upon installation of VS 2005 it will install the 2.0 Framework. Will this effect my 1.1 sites at all? Does the 2.0 Framework upgrade the 1.1 framework, or does it leave the 1.1 framework intact so older projects can still use it?Any advice would be welcome! :)Thanks,Cr...

Does Visual Studio .NET 2003 (version 7.1.3088) & NET Framework 1.1 support AJAX ?
Dear friend, 1. Does Visual Studio .NET 2003 (version 7.1.3088) & NET Framework 1.1 support AJAX ? 2.  i don't know if i can implement AJAX for my case below ? pls advise... i have built a windows application to connect to a card reader DLL,   but right now i have to build it for web application..and it's a real challenge since i have blank idea...   i also write the source code for the windows application below , for analysis...   the case is like these : --------------------------1. we have a card reader (usb port connection)...   2. we must connect...

Running Visual Studio.NET 2005 on Server which only runs version 1.1
I Have the latest copy of VS.NET 2005 which compiles for v2. However my server only runs v1.1. I cant upgrade my server. How can I run this??HighOnCodingWanna get high! The licence that comes with ASP.NET 2.0 says that you are not allowed to create live websites using it. This is because it is still in the Beta 1 stage. Apparently, you will be able to release your website as soon as Beta 2 comes out, but no one knows when that will be.Intelligence is a burden.Jagdip Singh AjimalManchester (and yes, I am a Manchester United fan)...

Can I work with and develop .NET 1.1 websites in Visual Studio 2005?
Just got my copy of VS 2005 Pro. I was wondering.... with all the websites we developed in ASP.NET 1.1, can we work with those websites in VS 2005 or do we have to continue to use VS 2003? I would think it to be unproductive for us to have to switch between both. Converting the many dozens of websites we created to .NET 2.0 and uploading all those websites is NOT AN OPTION and I seriously doubt any professional development companies with many websites under their belt is planning to do this. There has to be a way to do this in VS 2005 that I am missing! For Microsoft to leave this out ...

Visual Studio .Net? Visual Basic .Net?

Web resources about - Why Visual Studio 2005 ask me to convert a solution already got converted Somebody did the conversion of a solution from .net 1.1 to .net 2.0 by using the automatic conversion wizard of Visual Stu - asp.net.visual-studio-2005

Conversion (law) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Its criminal counterpart is theft . Examples are seen in cases where trees are cut down and the lumber hauled from the land by someone not having ...

Nintendo alters ‘gay conversion’ scene in new video scene
NINTENDO has altered a controversial “gay conversion” scene from a video game that’s already been released in Japan.

Zero tolerance: Andrews to crack down on gay 'conversion' therapy
The state government will attempt to crack down on so-called gay conversion therapy through a new public watchdog with the power to investigate ...

Emphasis Shifts to Conversions Over Clicks for Facebook Advertisers in Q4 2015
... with the lowest eCPC among all ad types and high CTRs. The opposite was true for link ads , however, due to advertisers’ emphasis on conversions ...

Ex-gay conversion therapists flee US, find home in Israel
Ex-gay conversion “therapy” is in retreat throughout much of the United States. Not only is momentum building to ban it on a state -by- state ...

Nintendo removes controversial “gay conversion” scene in Fire Emblem: Fates
Nintendo has altered a controversial scene for the western version of Fire Emblem: Fates , a 3DS RPG originally released in Japan last year. ...

Andrew Cuomo announces regulations to prevent gay 'conversion therapy' - CNNPolitics.com
New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo on Saturday announced regulations to prevent "conversion therapy," a practice aimed at changing an individual's sexual ...

What Is the Difference Between the Conversion and Recharacterization of an IRA?
... there are certain rules and tax implications you need to know about. Photo: www.TaxCredits.net . When it comes to IRAs, the terms "conversion" ...

Fire Emblem Fates will contain no drugging or gay conversion, says Nintendo
Fire Emblem Fates, the latest in Nintendo’s long-running strategy RPG series, released in Japan last Spring and is due to release here in the ...

Uttar Pradesh: Bajrang Dal activists ‘tonsure, parade man for conversion bid’
Police have registered two FIRs in connection with the incident, and arrested five Bajrang Dal workers and the barber who tonsured the man’s ...