When using <identity impersonate="true"> in .NET 1.1, and 2.0 is there some differences?

When setting <identity impersonate="true"> in .NET 1.1, and 2.0, is there some differences that I should be aware of?

Will identity impersonate act differently in .Net 1.1 vs .Net 2.0, both using IIS 6.0?

Is there an article I can read that will explain this if its true?

Thanks,

xyz789

0
xyz789

Try this: http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms998351.aspx

specifically, the what's new in 2.0 section of that page: http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms998351.aspx#paght000023_whatsnew

Rachel Appel
MVP - ASPInsider
0
RJA

.Net 1.1 with .Net 2.0 virtual directory using AJAX "Sys undefined"
I'm having an issue running an AJAX app I built, I think I might know what the problem might be, but if so, I am not sure how to fix it. The main site is built with 1.1 and new application is 2.0.  I have the new application configured properly (as far as I can tell) in its own app pool, etc..  The app runs just fine (I have other 2.0 apps that run along side the main 1.1), but I am getting an error: "Sys undefined...."  I've checked to enusre the mappings for the .axd extension for this particular VD are pointing to the correct place as ...

Why Visual Studio 2005 ask me to convert a solution already got converted Somebody did the conversion of a solution from .net 1.1 to .net 2.0 by using the automatic conversion wizard of Visual Stu
Why Visual Studio 2005 ask me to convert a solution already got converted Somebody did the conversion of a solution from .net 1.1 to .net 2.0 by using the automatic conversion wizard of Visual Studio 2005. Then, he changed to another company. Now, I take over his job. Unfortunately, when I attempted to open that solution, Visual Studio 2005 prompted me the conversion wizard again to forced me to perform a conversion on the solution. Does someone know why?--Harish Patel www.MicrosoftSQLandASP.netpatelharish@gmail.com Hi, How many projects are in the solution, does it have UNLOADE...

Visual Studio "Orcas" Visual Studio.net "2005"
What are Microsoft on weed??? Whidby Orcas Indigo XAML Longhorn What are they trying to do to us developers. The transition to any new tools should be minimal. What we know about WebServices is now old bunk. Why did we bother with .net 1.1???????? Now we need to learn new silly names and new ways of doing things. Yes .net 1.1 is still supported in v2.0. But there are a million and one other needless things that we will have pushed onto us. Only to find in anther two years that they are old hat and there are new radical ways to do what we want.MCAD.Net vb.n...

Using Visual Studio.NET 2005 with .NET Framework 1.1
I'm wondering how easy it is to use Visual Studio.NET 2005 to develop with the .NET Framework 1.1. The 2005 IDE is superior to the VS 2003 IDE (especially in terms of HTML editing), and I would like to switch over in the future. However, my project is not quite ready to be converted to .NET 2.0. Can anyone direct me to an article on this or have any advice? Thanks, Allen K. There are 10 types of people in this world: those that understand binary and those that don't. Did you get an answer to this one? I would like to know the same..Thanks! The VS 2005 IDE was created to...

.NET 1.1 to 2.0 "remember me" checkbox no longer works
I have a site I recently updated to ASP.NET 2.0 from 1.1 and everything works fine (with minimal fiddling) except the remember me check box on the log in page.  I use custom forms authentication.  Web.config defines the timeout as 60 minutes: <forms name="NIDB1AuthCookie" protection="All" timeout="1" loginUrl="Login.aspx" cookieless="UseCookies" />And in the login.aspx.cs file I have it check the checkbox to see if its checked and then manually set the cookie to expire in 30 days.  if (cbRememberMe.Checked){ //Set cookie to expire in 30 days if user checks the remem...

error "Failed to get datetime data" using dw.net 1.0.1
Hello, My situation: I have a vs2005 project with dw.net version 1.0.1 (build 5502), database is asa10. When my regional settings are Dutch(Belgium) I have no problems at all. When the settings are Italian(Italy) I get a "Failed to get datetime" error when I retrieve when my data contains dates. When the date fields are not filled in then I do not get the error. A date of '2008-1-1 08:00:00' also gives errors. When I try to retrieve the same data in the datawindow painter I also get no error. Can anyone help me? Greetings, Mich=E8le DW.net 2.5 is now th...

Invalid postback or callback argument. Event validation is enabled using <pages enableEventValidation="true"/> in configuration or <%@ Page EnableEventValidation="true" %> in a page. For security pu #2
hi....  Invalid postback or callback argument. Event validation is enabled using in configuration or in a page. For security purposes, this feature verifies that arguments to postback or callback events originate from the server control that originally rendered them. If the data is valid and expected, use the ClientScriptManager.RegisterForEventValidation method in order to register the postback or callback data for validation. plz reply as possible as with example thx, Tushar...

Can anyone tell me the diff between .net framework versions "1.1.4322.573" and "1.1.4322.903"
Production environment is running 1.1.4322.573 Pre Production environments are running 1.1.4322.903 We are seeing some javascript errors that are only happening in our production environment. All of our pre production environments for testing, development and what not seem to be running fine. We get the generic client side error that says which line, which char number and the brief description. The actuall error states "Expected ';' " . Here is the line of code that it's complaining about. "theform = document._ctl6:Form1;" This is microsoft ge...

Parser Error
What do I make to solve that problem? Parser Error Description: An error occurred during the parsing of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific parse error details and modify your source file appropriately. Parser Error Message: Stream is not a valid resource file.Source Error: Line 1: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?> Line 2: <locales> Line 3: <inactive>Source File: /dotnetnuke320/App_GlobalResources/Locales.Portal.xml.resources    Line: 1 Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Versio...

Retrograding httpHandler from .NET 2.0 to 1.1, get "Parser Error Message: Could not create type" message
Hi there,I have written a httpHandler using VS2005 and .NET 2.0 that builds and works fine.However, I am now having to convert it to .NET 1.1, which I hoped would just be a case of changing the runtime used by the web app (as in running the 1.1 version of aspnet_regiis, with a "-s" switch pointing at my web apps folder). After doing this though (and fixing a few minor differences with web.config), if I then navigate to my handler I get the following error message:Server Error in '/Path/To/MyWebApp' Application.Parser ErrorDescription: An error occurred during the parsing of...

Web resources about - When using <identity impersonate="true"> in .NET 1.1, and 2.0 is there some differences? - asp.net.visual-studio-2005