Website Project vs. Web Application Project in Visual Studio.net 2005

Website Project vs. Web Application Project in Visual Studio.net 2005

What are the main benefits of using a Web App project over a Website project or vice-versa?

Web App Project: You have to jump through hoops to use edit and continue with a Web App where in a website it just works. I’ve figured this out with the help of ScottGu. Thanks!
http://weblogs.asp.net/scottgu/archive/2006/05/08/VS-2005-Web-Application-Project-V1.0-Released.aspx

Web App Project: what are the *.aspx.designer.cs files for?

Website Project: how do you set up the project to use a bin directory and compile and place the ..dll within?

Thanks for any input.

 -WH

0
WarHead

Have a read on this

http://blogs.vertigosoftware.com/teamsystem/archive/2006/11/03/4057.aspx

http://www.dotnetspider.com/kb/Article1938.aspx

http://forums.asp.net/p/979092/1287847.aspx

Regards,Vinz

vinz
3/3/2008 5:56:31 PM

Perfect! Thanks for the links. Smile

0
WarHead

I Have visual studio 2008 how can i convert my web project to work in visual studio 2005?
 I Have visual studio 2008 how can i convert my web project to work in visual studio 2005? where is the option to convert the project to work in vs2005 area? The best way to go about this is to create a new web application by going to:  file -> open -> website -> then select the folder that your website lies in then save the solution as a visual studio 2005 project. but i dont have in save as property, the ability to convert the project to work in visual studio 2005   ok, then lets create a new asp.net web application, then add the existing files from t...

Visual Studio 2005 Express Edition beta VS Visual Studio.net 2003
Is Visual C# 2005 Express Edition Beta better than Visual Studio.net 2003 ? HighOnCodingWanna get high! in my opinon no. vs.net 2003 is a released application, and is used for more than just c#. visual studio whidbey beta is pretty cool except it's a little quirky still. I swear I can't wait til august.Kay LeeMySpace.com - http://www.myspace.com/kragieInfrastructure GroupMySpace.com- Code to live, but Live to code. What are the odds of anything actually being released in august? What are the odds of anything actually being released in august? Zero. Is Visual C# 20...

from Visual Studio .NET to Visual studio 2005 (VB)
Good evening, i hame one quistion about diffrenece Visual studio 2005 and older version.In Visual studio .NET to work with table from data base i do next steps:1. Create new connection to data base in data explorer2. Push my table from data explorer to my form, and master automatically create two components (SqlConnection and SqlDataAdapter)3. Add to from new object - Dataset for transering data to client application (i amke a web service) and execute command from menu Data | Generate DataSet, then in Dialog box i Add this dataset to the designerThat's itThe quistion is how to do this st...

How to create web project in remote IIS with Visual Studio.NET 2005
Hi everyone.I need your help.  I want to create a web project in a remote IIS with my Visual studio.NET 2005 in my local laptop.  In other words, creatinga web project in remote IIS so that all team members can access to the web project with their local laptops  and open project with Visual Studio.NET 2005 and work on project.Thanks in advance for your help and tips.Peter Hi phant,You would have to install FrontPage Server Extensions in your remote PC.Good Coding!Javier Luna http://guydotnetxmlwebservices.blogspot.com/ from Villa El Salvador for...

Visual Studio 2005 Install Problem
Hi all, I have just rebuilt my XP machine and installed Visual Studio 2005. When trying to open previously created projects I get the following error message: The application for project <project> is not installed. Make sure the application for the project type () is installed. At this point I did some reading and googling and discovered that 'Web Application Projects' is not included in the base Visual Studio 2005 package. I installed Service Pack 1 (SP1) expecting this to fix the problem, however I still received the same error message when trying to open the application. ...

Visual Studio 2005 vs. Visual Studio 2005 BETA 2
In terms of functionality and features, I was wondering whether there any major differences between Visual Studio 2005 and Visual Studio 2005 Beta2. Thanks From the C# Windows Apps & Web Apps - pecadillos more than anything.  I have several sizeable projects in bothe.g. MDI child/parent Mensu/toolstrips no longer automergesome complaints about rafting property that no longer exists in Windows forms controlsIf it was easy, everybody would be doing it. The primary difference was mainly a lot of bug fixes.  Two areas that we enhanced were website projects and ...

Web resources about - Website Project vs. Web Application Project in Visual Studio.net 2005 - asp.net.visual-studio-2005

Development application for Holt golf course land open for public inspection
The developers selling 350 dwellings on disused parts of the Holt golf course have submitted their development application for public inspection. ...

Samsung Unveils the Latest Application Processor, Exynos 8 Octa, Built on 14-Nanometer FinFET Process ...
Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd., a world leader in advanced semiconductor technology, today announced the newest member of its Exynos family of ...

MBA: Mortgage Applications Increase in Latest MBA Weekly Survey, Purchase Applications up 19% YoY
From the MBA: Mortgage Applications Increase in Latest MBA Weekly Survey Mortgage applications increased 6.2 percent from one week earlier, ...

Mortgage applications rise 6.2%
Home loan borrowers seem undeterred by the highest interest rates in five months.

Thousands of Java applications vulnerable to nine-month-old exploit
A popular Java library has a serious vulnerability, discovered over nine months ago, that continues to put thousands of Java applications and ...