Web Deployment Projects - Web.Config - Debug="false"

Ok, one question. I really like the Web Deployment Project beta, but I am looking for what should be a simple solution and can't find it. Currently, the only way to set an ASP.Net project so that it is not in Debug mode is to set it as so in Web.config...

<compilation debug="false">

This means that every time I want to compile the app for release, I have to make sure I make this change in web.config. With the Web Deployment Project release, I thought I could create a  compilation.config file and then set the property pages of the project to include "compilation=compilation.config" setting to make it work. When I build the web deployment project, it fails. My belief is that this occurs because compilation falls within the system.web block of the Web.config file, as opposed to appSettings and connectionStrings which I have working just fine.

Is there an easy way to have my ASP.Net project change from <compilation debug="true"> to <compilation debug="false"> automatically? There's got to be a way. I'm just missing it.

Thanks in advance!!

0
junior8822

Take a look at Web Deployment Projects.  It will automatically fixup the <compilation debug= > tag in web.config

http://msdn.microsoft.com/asp.net/reference/infrastructure/wdp/default.aspx

0
BradleyB

Visual Studio "Orcas" Visual Studio.net "2005"
What are Microsoft on weed??? Whidby Orcas Indigo XAML Longhorn What are they trying to do to us developers. The transition to any new tools should be minimal. What we know about WebServices is now old bunk. Why did we bother with .net 1.1???????? Now we need to learn new silly names and new ways of doing things. Yes .net 1.1 is still supported in v2.0. But there are a million and one other needless things that we will have pushed onto us. Only to find in anther two years that they are old hat and there are new radical ways to do what we want.MCAD.Net vb.n...

In Visual Studio 2005 whats difference between "new Project" and "new website".
In Visual Studio 2005 whats difference between "new Project" and "new website".  Is new project for non web realted stuff.   Hi Parms,New Project enables you to add projects to your solution for non-web related projects -- for example: windows applications, class libraries, etc.  New Website adds a project specific to web UI developmnet.Hope this helps,Scott Hi Scott --On a related subject: I've got a VS 2003 solution with three web apps. The third web app is really just a library of classes that are shared between the other two web apps.app_1: a real web app (references ...

Visual Studio 2005. "Quick Find", "Quick Replace", "Find in Files", "Replace in Files" functionality no longer works
Hello, I just run into problem that find functionality is no longer working in Visual Studio 2005. "Quick Find", "Quick Replace", "Find in Files", "Replace in Files" functionality no longer responds. These are necessary functions when build any website. Any solutions on how to fix this problem?Improving lifestyles for luxury pets: TheFabulousPet In Menu bar click Window -> Reset Window Layout. It solves the problem.Improving lifestyles for luxury pets: TheFabulousPet...

Error found "Access to the path "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET\Crystal Reports\Viewers" is denied. "
Hi guys! i'm trying to solve the error "Err Msg: "Object reference not set to an instance of an object" in ASP.NET app" but when i followed the instructions in the http://community.crystaldecisions.com/library/kbase/articles/c2011144.asp link, this error appeared ""Access to the path "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET\Crystal Reports\Viewers" is denied. " What's going on? i already went to the iis to add new virtual directory (CrystalReportWebFormViewer) but different error appeared when i compile and browse my application. pls help ...

How do I create a VB Template that will appear in the "New Project"/"Visual Basic Projects" dialog?
In vb6, I have a very simple app that consists of a windows form, a multiline textbox, some SQL connection strings and a simple method to output text to the multiline textbox. I use this template when I create throw-away test projects to see if something works or not.This was REAL SIMPLE to have it show up in VB6: I just put the project into the ...vb98\Template... directories and it just worked.How do I do the same thing in VS.Net 2003? I found some similar looking directories, but putting the solution files there did nothing.Help would be most greatly appreciated.Owen Well, I almost have...

visual studio 2005 "closes by itself"
Hello, does anyone know how to get rid of this bug. VS 2005 pro just closes/exits all by itself... Whats up with that?  Visual Studio 2005 will close itself without warning in cases when Visual studio encounters an error that could be exploited.  I would recommend you update any visual studio addins you might have to the most recent versions.  Silverlight-helpVb TipsSpace Coast .Net User Group Thanks Ken for your reply. This is a fresh install and I do not have any addins installed. I've installed every update that microsoft update could find for this machine. The man...

"Visual Studio Projects" folder
Hi, I have accidentally deleted the "Visual Studio Projects" folder. Now I would like to recreate the solutions I had there so that they will reference again the corresponding project folders in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot. Is this possible? Any advice? First re-create the folder Open the project directly from the c:\inetput\wwwroot, and then save the solution in the correct folder. You will need to do this for each projectSteve Charland, MCSD.Net...

2003 Visual Studio
   asp:datagrid id="DataGridUsers" runat="server" Width="600px" Height="264px" BorderColor="#804000" BorderStyle="Double" AllowPaging="True" PageSize="12" OnEditCommand="Grid_Edit" OnSortCommand="Grid_Sort" OnPageIndexChanged="Grid_Page" OnCancelCommand="Grid_CancelEdit" OnUpdateCommand="Grid_Update" AutoGenerateColumns="False" EnableViewState="False" " DataTextField="RoleName" DataValueField="ID">" DataTextField="RoleName" DataValueField="ID">" DataTextField="RoleName" DataValueField="ID">Does anybody know why the following items in pink will not fire?  Moojjoo ...

Visual Studio 2005 Standard "Freeze Up"
I need help! I'm trying to finish up a website I'm working on but the IDE keeps "freezing" and not saving. What happens is this. I go into source view and make some changes. Then I can't switch back to design view or save the changes. I can tab to other pages - I mean the whole program doesn't "freeze", just the page I'm working on. Any Ideas Might just dump vs 2005 and go back to Visual Web Developer."I thought my dog couldn't count until I put 3 treats in my pocket and then gave him only two of them." Are you running a progra...

IS Visual Studio .NET "Whidbey" Free ?
IS Visual Studio .NET "Whidbey" Free ? Not the tool, only the framework. Just like it is today.Modules, Skins & Skin Objects @ www.smcculloch.net Boy that'll be the day...Kulin Parikh -- The more I learn about the Internet, the more amazed I am that it works at all....

.ALLCOL("%COLUMN%", " ", ", ", ", ")

Why is Visual Studio 2008 very slow when going from "source" to "design" in the markup ?
and at times it just sits there and freezes for about a minute or so .. Is it to do with style sheets ,? is there some option to turn this off ?   thanks robby Hi Robby, did you also install SP1 for Visual Studio 2008? Grz, Kris.Read my blog. Handy Firefox plugins for web developers.Workaround for non working Mark as answer buttons. Hi, i am pretty sure i did. How can i check (is it under the Help--> About option? Also is that the only service pack for VS08 ?  thanks robby Hi, yes, it's the only service pack. There was also a hot fix rollup but if ...

How to move the "..\Documents\Visual Studio 2005" folder ?
I cannot tell my newly installed VWD 2005 Express NOT to create the "..\Documents\Visual Studio 2005" folder for its backup (and other) files. Instead, I want it to choose the subfolder "..\Documents\Data\Visual Studio 2005", as I have organized everything under three distinct subfolders of Documents. I have already specified the desired locations in Tools/Options/Projects and Solutions, but VWD still creates its own folder. What can I do to avoid VWD to mess up with my own (Documents) folders structure? Hmm... My question has gone on second page without any comment... Does ...

"View in Browser" option in visual studio 2005
Hello friends, In visual studio 2005 if you open a .aspx page. you can find option "view in browser" on rigth click of mouse. when i click the IE opens up. but in visual studio 2003 it used to open inside IDE. can any one know how to make it open in IDE in visaul studio 2005 Thanks, kkkDon't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you. We no longer lauch browser inside IDE as only IE is capable of this. Besides, launching browser in a separate process improves IDE stability since if embedded browser crashes, it will bring down the entire IDE.Than...

visual studio 2005 "show all files" bug
Hello, the "Show all Files" button is greyed out. Where do you turn it on? I need to access reference.vb and it is not visible.   Try out this: Tools -> Import / Export Settings -> Reset all settings Good Luck.    Warren Tang...

Problems using Visual Studio 2005 "Gold"
I just upgraded to VS 2005 "Gold" this morning, and now none of the PDC Atlas examples work.For example, in: function DoSearch() { var SrchElem = document.getElementById("SearchKey"); Samples.ASPNet.HelloWorldService.HelloWorld(SrchElem.value, OnRequestComplete); }The javascript just steps right over the HelloWorld web service call and continues on.  There are no errors, but the web service does not execute.Has anyone experienced anything similar?  Any ideas? While I've not tried the PDC examples in RTM bits, I've been working with my own samples / demos and they work the sa...

Visual Studio 2005 WebSite "executables" to server
Hi Masters: Excuse my english.  I made an application (Web Site) using Visual Studio 2005 (my first "pryect") ... on my laptop,  i have the intentions to put into a server... but i dont want to put all the files.... i want: 1) encrypt files or2) put just the neccesary files (not all the files)  do you have any idea, how to do that ?... best regards   Hi, We can use Publish utility to precompile your ASP.NET website and then upload the compiled website to server. If we do so, we don't need to upload source code to server. encr...

quotes, quotes, quotes...

How to open the project "VB Portal Application" on Visual Studio?
Hi all,I have installed the Framework Started KIT. And now I would like to open the project "VB Portal Application" on Visual StudioI have tried to open as Solution (.sln) and as Web project (.vbprj) but this files don't exist. How to open the project "VB Portal Application" on Visual Studio?...

#include "config.h" or #include "parrot/config.h"
In perl5, we've had occasional header file name conflicts over the years. One common example is someone putting a file named "config.h" in /usr/local/include. Other conflicts with "string.h" and "memory.h" are also conceivable. I'd suggest cd parrot mkdir include mkdir include/parrot mv *.h include/parrot changing parrot.h to do #include "parrot/config.h" and then changing Makefile to add -I./include to CCFLAGS. -- Andy Dougherty doughera@lafayette.edu Dept. of Physics Lafayette College, Easton PA 18042...

"Link-", "Libs-" and "Import-" -entries in CB2010-project file
Hi. Could anyone explain to me, what the meaning of the different "link/lib/import"-entries in the project-file is? I'm confused. Using the GUI there is only the "Runtime package"-list - the reason and function for that one, I do understand. But what do the others? And which one *is* the "Runtime package"-list?? <LinkPackageStatics></LinkPackageStatics> <LinkPackageImports></LinkPackageImports> <PackageImports></PackageImports> <AllPackageLibs></AllPackageLibs> Thanks a lot! Best Regards Eike Pete...

[cannot use "" database already open] error on VIsual studio 2005 but not in 2003 why?
hii have different application created with visual studio 2005 and visual studio 2003when i update my web site created with visual studio 2003 and during the esecution of program i open access database for verify a query or outher functinality i haven't any problem!butin my application with visual studio 2005 if i open access database when web site is running they return an error (see the title)how i can do it the same of the visual studio 2003???thanks You will probably need to apply MODIFY permissions on the folder that contains the database to the account that is trying to access it...

Help!
Hi, I'm really helpless on this one. When I try to add a Class Diagram to a Asp.Net Web Project, VS.NET "blows up" disappears ! I believe this problem started after installing some of the .NET 3.0 Add-ins but I'm not sure.I reinstalled sp1 with no effect. I tried a repair and it didn't fix it.  Thanks, Paul 1. Version of the VS 2005 (regular or with Service Pack).Microsoft Visual Studio 2005Version 8.0.50727.762  (SP.050727-7600)Microsoft .NET FrameworkVersion 2.0.50727Installed Edition: ProfessionalMicrosoft Visual Basic 2005   7...

Web resources about - Web Deployment Projects - Web.Config - Debug="false" - asp.net.visual-studio-2005