Web admin tool in vs.net 2005 in combination with SQL server 2005

Hi,

a couple of weeks I became the proud owner of the Beta experience DVD's filled with a lot of stuf. I got a new laptop from my new employer and wanted to try out the new stuff because we're working already with the beta 2 pieces on our current assignment (winforms 2.0 in that case :-) ).

I installed SQL server 2005 that shipped and after that vs.net 2005 without the SQL server 2005 Express edition. I created a new website and wanted to try out the new administration tool for setting up everything for my security because I wanted to play with the new login controls.

It gave me some timeout errors (after a very short period of time) and I read about the aspnet_regsql.exe tool. Did fire that one up and the tool installed a new database called aspnetdb. Now when I hit the security tab I get the following error:

There is a problem with your selected data store. This can be caused by an invalid server name or credentials, or by insufficent permission. It can also be caused by the role manager features not being enabled. Click the button below to be redirected to a page where you can choose a new datastore.

The following message may help in diagnosing the problem: Unable to connect to SQL Server datbase.

After clicking the redirect button I come on the Provider tab where I can see that my current provider is AspNetSqlProvider. I click the first link and it gives me a new page where I can test my provider. After clicking the link Test it gives me Timeout error after about 8 - 10 seconds.

Is there something I did wrong or forgot to install or is the current Beta 2 unable to work with SQL server 2005?

Grz, Kris.

XIII

Hey,

When I used the beta 2 administration tool, it only allowed me to connect to SQL Server express.  Beta 1 connected to Access, SQL Express, and another database through a custom connection, but I think there may have been problems with those connection types for the provider framework, and were thus not ready in time.  At least I hope.

Brian

"Trust in the Lord and do what is good; dwell in the land and live securely. Take delight in the Lord, and He will give you your heart's desires" (Psalm 37: 3-4).
0
bmains
6/20/2005 7:19:38 PM
Hi Brian,

thanks for the information. Before installing SQL server 2005 I had SQL server 2005 Express installed but didn't use the aspnet_regsql.exe tool but didn't have any luck with that too. Did you have to use that tool in order to get things to work?

Grz, Kris.

XIII
6/20/2005 7:24:16 PM

Hello,

I don't remember needing aspnet_regsql utility for installation purposes...  I installed in order of SQL, VS.NET, and that worked fine for me.  I did get SQL express to install, but now I'm having problems connecting to it, for some reason.  I think at first I left out SQL express, but went back to install it when only SQL express was the only option for the provider framework (at least through the wizard).

I've used it (indirectly; through the web admin tool) to setup the provider, but I haven't used it for setup purposes; are you having problems with SQL because it says that you can't install with other instances of SQL on?  I've had that before; the SQL install is very particular.  In fact, because of some problems with previous releases, I have a separate machine that I reformatted and put the software on.  So I've installed from a clean install.

I don't know if this helps.

Brian

"Trust in the Lord and do what is good; dwell in the land and live securely. Take delight in the Lord, and He will give you your heart's desires" (Psalm 37: 3-4).
0
bmains
6/21/2005 11:46:01 AM
I guess it's still Beta :-). I was hoping for some more feedback from the guys at Microsoft themselves although I really appreciate your help Brian. I hope they fix this issue quickly.

Grz, Kris.

XIII
6/21/2005 4:40:36 PM
I deïnstalled everything and reïnstalled vs.net 2005 with the option of SQL server 2005 Express edition. When I create a new project based on the personal web starter kit I get the errors like described here.

If anyone knows how to deal with this, please let me know.

Grz, Kris.

XIII
6/25/2005 12:01:33 PM
I had similar experience.  I started with VS2005 which installed
Sql2005 Express and it seemed working OK connecting to DB from the web
admin tool.  I was excited about the Sql 2005 Standard edition
June CTP and decided to uninstall everything and started with SQL 2005
Std.  Then I never could set up the connection to DB even after
running the aspnet_regsql.exe.

I posted the question to the Installation Message board before I read your postings.

Hope someone can have answers on this issue.

0
zweng1
6/28/2005 2:06:58 PM
 zweng1 wrote:
I posted the question to the Installation Message board before I read your postings.

Hope someone can have answers on this issue.

Hi,

please when you post somewhere that you had a similar question and put it somewhere, also provide the link to that question so someone else can quickly view it by following the link. This keeps the forums consistent and doesn't create overhead for others when they want to take a look at your particular question (it can take a certain amount of time when you have to search for a question that you don't have a title from or something else that can significantly increase the search speed.

Grz, Kris.

XIII

AxCMS.net Award 2005 | 1st place: MSDN Professional subscription including Visual Studio 2005 and SQL Server 2005; 2nd place: new Xbox 360
We would like to introduce the 100% cost free AxCMS.net 5.2.2 - brand new release! AxCMS.net is a 100% cost free Enterprise CMS platform for architects and professional developers based 100% on Microsoft .NET. With the new download version we offer ... Improved user interface (thank you for feedback!) International support avaliable! New features (muitisite, permissions, authentication, newsletter, ...) Focused on software architects and professional developers Introducing AxCMS.net Award 2005! The AxCMS.net Award 2005 represent an opportunity ...

SQL Server 2005 express connectivity with Visual Studio.NET 2005
Hello I'm having a problem with the server connection and my C# code. The code executes alright but no data is entered into the database behind it.  I'm pasting the connection code over here as well. The sql commands are used in the code. I think I used the sql server mobile edition which is installed along with visual studio.net 2005. Anyone know what's wrong, and can help me out? Thanks in advance.public static void storeInDb(string trackName, string artist, string albumTitle, string year, string path, uint[] fp) { string connStr="Data Source=.\\SQLEXPRESS;At...

Sql Server 2005 Reporting Service + Visual Studio.NET 2005
Hi, Iam new 2 sql server 2005 reporting services, I created a report server project with few reports and deployed in reportserver. Everything is working fine but i want to integrate these reports to my VS.net 2005 web appliction. Through the interface i have to pass the perameters to my reports. Iam looking for help thxs in advance PradeepPradeep Reddy Take a look over here for a working example : http://www.codeproject.com/aspnet/ReportViewer.asp   HTH,Suprotim Agarwal -----http://www.dotnetcurry.com-----ASP.NET Grid With Excel Capabilities | 27 GridView Tips & Tricks |...

Installing .NET Framework, Sql Server 2005 Express, and Visual Studio 2005 Professional
Will someone please offer some advice, a walkthrough, or something to help me through this?  I installed all three of these pieces (.NET, SQL Server 2005 Express, and VS 2005 Professional) onto a WinXP box.  I was unable to get it to work.  It kept throwing SQL errors when I tried to run the security setup for the Personal Website Starter Kit.  So, I uninstalled everything except .NET and reinstalled.  At this point I was able to get to the setup, but unable to add users.  It doesn't throw errors or anything, it just doesn't do anything.  I really re...

How to design SQL Server 2005 Reporting Services Reports in VS.NET 2005 web applications
Hi,   Can we design SQL Server 2005 Reporting Services Reports in VS.NET 2005 web applications. If so how they can be designed. Plz help me if any one know the solution. Thanx in advance, Vidya     Are you asking if you can use VS.Net 2005 to design reports, yes, both client and server reports are built using VS.Net. If you are asking if you can use a web application to build a report, well yes you could, but you would have you design it.  All sql server reports are is an xml file, so if you can build a front end that will generate the xml in the proper ...

SQL Server 2005
I'm very confused.  I installed Visual Studio 2005 and thought I understood that SQL Server 2005 came with it, but it appears that it's SQL Server 2005 - Express.  Can anyone tell me what I need to do in order to get Data Transformation Services loaded or the equivalent of DTS in SQL Express?     beejay I have to say: actually SQL Express, not SQL2005 full version, comes with VS2005. To manage your SQL Express databases much easier, you can download a Management Studio Express from here: http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/express/sql/download/ Then you can...

A .NET Framework error occurred during execution of user-defined routine or aggregate -While creating a SQL SERVER 2005 Stored prodecure in VS.NET 2005
 Running [dbo].[insertlogin] ( @log = hiten, @pas = hiten ).A .NET Framework error occurred during execution of user-defined routine or aggregate "insertlogin": System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Must declare the scalar variable "@Log".System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException:    at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection)   at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection)   at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnectionSmi.EventSink.Pro...

SQL Server 2005, Visual Studio Web server vs IIS 5 / 6: logging into SQL Server
If you are writing code that involves, for example, ADO.NET transactions, be aware:1) If you are using Visual Studio 2005's internal server, this uses the Windows account of the logged in user to access SQL Server 2005. Therefore your permission settings, for example denying an insert or update, will be ignored.2) If you are using IIS 5 or 6 as your Web server, the ASPNET (IIS 5) / NETWORK SERVICE (IIS 6) account is used and so your permission settings will be acted upon.Find out the Windows account being used by running SQL Profiler when debugging.Hope this helps. ...

Visual Basic .NET 2005 Express & Sql Server 2005 Express remote server
Hi,  I want to make a component library in Visual Basic.NET and connect to a remote Sql Server. When I create a new DataSet with the wizard, I can only connect to a .mdf file, but not to a Sql Server. With Visual Web Developer I can connect to a Sql server. What is the difference between these enviroments ? How can I do the same with Visual Basic.NET ?  Thanks in advance. Visual Basic .NET Express cannot connect to SQL Servers. The Visual Web Developer is the only express edition that can utilize SQL Server. You need to upgrade to Visual Studio 2005 Standard or higher.Cheers,&n...

Crystal for VS.NET 2005 and logon on SQL SERVER 2005
Hello everybody,   I need to interface a webapplication with a crystal report on a SQL server 2005 database I'm using the reportdocument class to create my report which I then map to the Crystalreportviewer. In my code i've a method which sets the logon information for all the tables used in the report. This is the code: private void SetLogonDetailsForReport(ref ReportDocument repDoc) { int i; for (i = 0; i <= repDoc.Database.Tables.Count - 1; i++) { TableLogOnInfo logOnInfos = new TableLogOnInfo(); logOnInfos.ConnectionInfo.ServerName =  <<server address>&g...

Web resources about - Web admin tool in vs.net 2005 in combination with SQL server 2005 - asp.net.visual-studio-2005

Combination - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In mathematics , a combination is a way of selecting items from a collection, such that (unlike permutations ) the order of selection does not ...

Combination - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In mathematics , a combination is a way of selecting members from a grouping, such that (unlike permutations ) the order of selection does not ...

Facebook Customer-Care Combination: Lithium Technologies Acquires Social Dynamx
Consolidation hit the social customer-care sector Tuesday, as Lithium Technologies announced that it acquired Social Dynamx and rebranded their ...

177147 3x3 4x4 5x5 6x6 - A Challenging Combination Of 2048 and Threes! on the App Store on iTunes
Get 177147 3x3 4x4 5x5 6x6 - A Challenging Combination Of 2048 and Threes! on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews. ...

Driving and cell phone use a bad combination - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
It's time to seriously enforce DC's law against using a non-handsfree cellphone while driving. The law is broken all the time. (A company, like ...

GH4 + Speedbooster + Sigma 18-35 [The ultimate combination]? - YouTube
Is this the ultimate combination for indie movie-making? The Panasonic GH4 records 4k, the Speedbooster “expands” your sensor and give your more ...

Pedestrians and smartphones a bad combination in UAE - The National
Educational campaigns are needed to raise awareness about the risk of injuries due to pedestrians' use of mobile phones or electronic devices ...

The dangerous combination that could end Australia's lucky run
The nation was always going to face a tough time with the end of the mining investment boom, but if these two predictions prove correct it will ...

Greg Alexander calls on Canberra Raiders to find new halves combination
Former premiership-winning halfback Greg Alexander says the Raiders must ditch their halves combination of Terry Campese and Jack Wighton if ...

Clare Bowen faces on-screen prejudice in The Combination
"I DON'T really get the whole dumb blonde thing," says ravishing newcomer Clare Bowen, who's just made her screen debut in The Combination &#150; ...