VS2005 and .Net 1.1

Will you be able to choose which .net framework to use in VS2005 - or will you be restricted to using 2.0 only?
0
The

Hello,

At first, VS 2k5 targets .Net 2.0 and there isn't a direct way of choosing an specific version of the framework.

VB .Net Coder - Apologize my C# nescience
Best Regards.
0
ByReckon
7/29/2005 5:07:32 AM
I doubt if this is ever going to be provided by Microsoft.
They have not done this for version 1.0 and 1.1 and I expect the same to happen. More for business reasons than technical.
Regards, Narayana Rao Surapaneni Architect | Author | MCSD for .NET | MCSD | SCJP www.msdeveloper.info
0
narayanas
8/1/2005 1:39:01 AM
I guess we shall be restricted to using .net framework 2.0 with vs 2005 as there are many features of vs2005 which can only be served by .net framework 2.

Kanaiya Parmar
MCP, MCAD, MCSD

0
parmarkanaiya
8/10/2005 11:37:12 AM
I agree with parmarkanaiya. However, from what I have heard we will be able to open VS.NET 2002 & VS.NET 2003 projects from VS.NET 2005 via upgrade wizard. The upgrade may not be 100% always.
Regards, Narayana Rao Surapaneni Architect | Author | MCSD for .NET | MCSD | SCJP www.msdeveloper.info
0
narayanas

Using Visual Studio.NET 2005 with .NET Framework 1.1
I'm wondering how easy it is to use Visual Studio.NET 2005 to develop with the .NET Framework 1.1. The 2005 IDE is superior to the VS 2003 IDE (especially in terms of HTML editing), and I would like to switch over in the future. However, my project is not quite ready to be converted to .NET 2.0. Can anyone direct me to an article on this or have any advice? Thanks, Allen K. There are 10 types of people in this world: those that understand binary and those that don't. Did you get an answer to this one? I would like to know the same..Thanks! The VS 2005 IDE was created to...

Why Visual Studio 2005 ask me to convert a solution already got converted Somebody did the conversion of a solution from .net 1.1 to .net 2.0 by using the automatic conversion wizard of Visual Stu
Why Visual Studio 2005 ask me to convert a solution already got converted Somebody did the conversion of a solution from .net 1.1 to .net 2.0 by using the automatic conversion wizard of Visual Studio 2005. Then, he changed to another company. Now, I take over his job. Unfortunately, when I attempted to open that solution, Visual Studio 2005 prompted me the conversion wizard again to forced me to perform a conversion on the solution. Does someone know why?--Harish Patel www.MicrosoftSQLandASP.netpatelharish@gmail.com Hi, How many projects are in the solution, does it have UNLOADE...

Does Visual Studio .NET 2003 (version 7.1.3088) & NET Framework 1.1 support AJAX ?
Dear friend, 1. Does Visual Studio .NET 2003 (version 7.1.3088) & NET Framework 1.1 support AJAX ? 2.  i don't know if i can implement AJAX for my case below ? pls advise... i have built a windows application to connect to a card reader DLL,   but right now i have to build it for web application..and it's a real challenge since i have blank idea...   i also write the source code for the windows application below , for analysis...   the case is like these : --------------------------1. we have a card reader (usb port connection)...   2. we must connect...

Visual studio 2005 and .net framework 1.1
Good morning, After a quick search of the forum, I have been unable to ascertain a similar question being asked, so if I may:My Company has just given my team five new latops all installed with Visual Studio 2005. Alas the servers used throughout the business are only running .net framework v1.1.4322 and are unwilling to upgrade at this moment in time. My questions are: there any difficulties in delivering .net framework 1.1 related developments using visual studio 2005? I am lead to believe that the guys only have the 2.0 framework installed on the lapops. Can the two versions co-exist...

Visual Studio 2005 and .Net 1.1 IIS
Hi.  I'm frustrated and will make this brief.I need to create some ASP.Net Web based applications, so I grabbed Visual Studio 2005 to do it with.  I had some errors running under IIS on my Server 2003 R1 test server.  I found that I needed ASP.Net 2.0.  I downloaded the Windows Server 2003 R2 eval from Microsoft and everything started working (okay, I needed to do an aspnet_regiis).The problem is that the destination server's O/S is Server 2003 R1 and, like mine, does not have ASP.Net 2.0.  I have no control over this server and the odds of my getting them to upgrade...

Compilation for .NET Framework 1.1 in Visual Studio 2005
I just added blog entry on this, but it seams important enough to summarize it here too. There is no way to compile solution compatible with FW 1.1 in current version of VS2005(beta 1). I think it should be. Suggestion was post at Product Feedback Center. If you think like me, please vote.Leon LangleybenMCSD, ASP.NET MVPBlog There is a way to do this. See http://weblogs.asp.net/rmclaws/archive/2004/10/03/MSBuildToolkit.aspx for more details. Dave...

Running Visual Studio.NET 2005 on Server which only runs version 1.1
I Have the latest copy of VS.NET 2005 which compiles for v2. However my server only runs v1.1. I cant upgrade my server. How can I run this??HighOnCodingWanna get high! The licence that comes with ASP.NET 2.0 says that you are not allowed to create live websites using it. This is because it is still in the Beta 1 stage. Apparently, you will be able to release your website as soon as Beta 2 comes out, but no one knows when that will be.Intelligence is a burden.Jagdip Singh AjimalManchester (and yes, I am a Manchester United fan)...

Can I work with and develop .NET 1.1 websites in Visual Studio 2005?
Just got my copy of VS 2005 Pro. I was wondering.... with all the websites we developed in ASP.NET 1.1, can we work with those websites in VS 2005 or do we have to continue to use VS 2003? I would think it to be unproductive for us to have to switch between both. Converting the many dozens of websites we created to .NET 2.0 and uploading all those websites is NOT AN OPTION and I seriously doubt any professional development companies with many websites under their belt is planning to do this. There has to be a way to do this in VS 2005 that I am missing! For Microsoft to leave this out ...

.NET Studio 2005 with 1.1 framework?
At last I used .NET Studio 2003 and now I will work with .NET Stdui 2005 but with my older created files in VS 2003. On the VS 2005 start I neet to convert the older files so that I can use them in VS2005.But i dont wont to do this.Is this possible? Can I work with .NET Studio 2005 but with the older framework 1.1... and without file conversation to VS 2005?-If YES,How? Simple answer is no.  You can, however, continue to use VS2003 for older projects since you can have both products and both versions of ASP.NET coexist....

Using .Net 1.1 in Visual Studio 2002
Hi.. I am having the Visual Studio 2002 install in my pc with .Net Framework 1.0 in it. Now i want to use .Net framework 1.1 within my application how can i do the same. Also Does .Net 1.0 support odbc connection Thanks Sumit Gupta http://www.sumitonnet.20m.comSumit Gupta (MCSD/ CCNA) http://www.vikasumit.com You can't use 1.1 with VS2002, you need to have VS2003 to use 1.1!Sreedharhttp://www.w3coder.orgweblog http://weblogs.asp.net/skoganti You can install 1.1 and use VS 2002 just don't use any of the 1.1 specific code (such as DDL.SelectedValue - you still have to use...

Visual Studio 2002 and .net framework 1.1
Hi, Can anyone tell me how to configure visual studio 2002 to work with .net framework 1.1. Under the project properties I have set the reference path to point to the 1.1 sdk, but when I do the designer tool does not work in the ide. Any help would be appreciated. Mike To run Visual Studio .NET 2002, you need to have the .NET Framework 1.0 installed. Visual Studio .NET 2003 uses version 1.1. Russell So the visual studio ide is not like a java ide (ex. jBuilder) in which you can change the version of the sdk you want to use? Mike In Visual Studio .NET 2003 you c...

Web resources about - VS2005 and .Net 1.1 - asp.net.visual-studio-2005

List of unit testing frameworks - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
AceUnit is JUnit 4.x style, easy, modular and flexible. AceUnit can be used in resource constraint environments, e.g. embedded software development, ...

RSS Bandit [Jubilee Release] Status Update
I just got a comment to my previous blog post which pointed out that it's been a long time since the last release of RSS Bandit and asked whether ...

End Of Life Coming To Old Microsoft Virtualization Products - Aidan Finn, IT Pro
Windows XP gets all the headlines, but some old Microsoft virtualization products are going end of life in the coming months too. Virtual PC ...

解决Visual C++ 编译器中混合 .c 文件时收到 C1853 预编译头错误的方法 - 旧日重来 - 生活·技术·点滴
当 Visual C++ 项目启用了预编译头 (Precompiled header) 功能时,如果项目中同时混合有 .c 和 .cpp 源文件,则可能收到 C1853 编译器错误:fatal error C1853: 'pjtname.pch' precompiled header ...

Blog Archive
Blog Archive 2013 75 Essential Tools for iOS Developers Aug 15 2013 posted in iOS Speaking at Cocoa Conf PDX Jul 13 2013 posted in Speaking In ...

Lexical Closures
Since committing to Emacs as the text editor to supplement my primary (integrated) development environment, Visual Studio, Emacs has become an ...

NDoc 2 is Officially Dead
So this afternoon, I received an email from Kevin Downs (as I'm on his mailing list), the developer of NDoc with the following: I have decided ...

Microsoft’s lack of common sense
... how ISVs using VS are working. My own statistic shows that only a third of companies adopted VS2012, 12 months after RTM. VS2008 and VS2005 ...

NetMassDownloader - Home
With the ms release of sourcecode in msi files, netmassdownloader became somehow absolute, you can still use it for your express editions, but ...

Latest Updates
Latest Updates - Free source code and tutorials for Software developers and Architects.; Updated: 15 Feb 2013