VS 2005 SQL 2005 Express and SQL 2005 Developer Edtion

I would like to know if there are any issues having VS2005 with SQL 2005 express and SQL 2005 Developer on the same computer.  I seem to have problem performing a Remote Connection to SQL 2005 Developer.  I  have enable the protocols and enable remote connection but I still have issues conneting.

Any tips or help

Thanks

Julio

Julio D.
0
jdelgado89

Visual Studio 2005 Standard with SQL Express and SQL Server 2005 Developer Edition
Hi folks,I had visual studio 2005 Standard edition (with SQL Express) running. Then I install SQL Server 2005 Developer edition.It generally worked however some part of SQL Server Developer did not work properly (namely diagrams). I browsed the internet and found something that said I should install the .NET Framework Service Pack 1. I did so. It fixed SQL Server 2005 Developer Edition however it seems to have broken portions of Visual Studio. Specifically, typed dataset. I could add a dataset however I could no longer configure or add a table adapter. Telling me the "data provider may ...

SQL Server 2005
I'm very confused.  I installed Visual Studio 2005 and thought I understood that SQL Server 2005 came with it, but it appears that it's SQL Server 2005 - Express.  Can anyone tell me what I need to do in order to get Data Transformation Services loaded or the equivalent of DTS in SQL Express?     beejay I have to say: actually SQL Express, not SQL2005 full version, comes with VS2005. To manage your SQL Express databases much easier, you can download a Management Studio Express from here: http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/express/sql/download/ Then you can...

SQL Server 2005 express connectivity with Visual Studio.NET 2005
Hello I'm having a problem with the server connection and my C# code. The code executes alright but no data is entered into the database behind it.  I'm pasting the connection code over here as well. The sql commands are used in the code. I think I used the sql server mobile edition which is installed along with visual studio.net 2005. Anyone know what's wrong, and can help me out? Thanks in advance.public static void storeInDb(string trackName, string artist, string albumTitle, string year, string path, uint[] fp) { string connStr="Data Source=.\\SQLEXPRESS;At...

Visual Studio 2005 Express and SQL server 2005 Express
Just a question from a Microsoft Freak. Wil dotnetnuke in the nearby future support SQL 2005 Express and wil there come a "template" for modules for Visual Studio 2005 Express ? I guess that depends on what you understand by "nearby future". I think SQL 2005 Express will work with the current version already (haven't tried however) and with such a big community I think maybe someone will eventually create a template ? Geert Veenstra Well, let me be the test case. I'l try it this evening and come back to you an the answer about SQL 2005 express. About the visual...

SQL 2005 and SQL Express 2005
Hi all, I am sure it has been asked before, but i can't find the answer anywhere in the forum... I developed an application with SQL 2005 and .Net 2005 and i wanted to know how (if it is possible) to use that database in the SQL Express 2005 (for small customers). I have the database (tables, views and stored procedures) as it is done on the SQL 2005. If i will just attach the database in SQL Express 2005 it will work or should i do something else too? Thanks a lot. (Is it possible to install both SQL 2005 and SQL Express 2005 on the same PC? I already have SQL 2005 installed). Ye...

Installing .NET Framework, Sql Server 2005 Express, and Visual Studio 2005 Professional
Will someone please offer some advice, a walkthrough, or something to help me through this?  I installed all three of these pieces (.NET, SQL Server 2005 Express, and VS 2005 Professional) onto a WinXP box.  I was unable to get it to work.  It kept throwing SQL errors when I tried to run the security setup for the Personal Website Starter Kit.  So, I uninstalled everything except .NET and reinstalled.  At this point I was able to get to the setup, but unable to add users.  It doesn't throw errors or anything, it just doesn't do anything.  I really re...

Visual Studio 2005 vs Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition
Can anyone tell me what are the main differences between  Visual Studio.NET 2005 and Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition from an ASP.NET(VB) developer point of view?Thank you! For starters, Visual Web Developer Express includes only the portions of Visual Studio that pertain directly to creating Web sites. For example, you can't create Windows Forms projects or class library projects, etc. The rule of thumb there is that in Visual Studio you can create multi-project solutions, whereas in Visual Web Developer Express you can create only Web site projects. Within the ...

Visual Web Developer 2005 Express VS Visual Studio 2005
Hi all - name of this thread says it all. What's the difference between the free app (that i've decided that I should be using over Dreamweaver) on the asp.net website, and the full, paid-up Visual Studio 2005? I realise VS2005 allows the coding of applications and completely web-unrelated things, but what does it do in the 'web world' that VWD2005 Express doesn't? Thanks!Ramic Solutions Hi all - you can ignore this thread - discovered the search button :-)Ramic Solutions...

AxCMS.net Award 2005 | 1st place: MSDN Professional subscription including Visual Studio 2005 and SQL Server 2005; 2nd place: new Xbox 360
We would like to introduce the 100% cost free AxCMS.net 5.2.2 - brand new release! AxCMS.net is a 100% cost free Enterprise CMS platform for architects and professional developers based 100% on Microsoft .NET. With the new download version we offer ... Improved user interface (thank you for feedback!) International support avaliable! New features (muitisite, permissions, authentication, newsletter, ...) Focused on software architects and professional developers Introducing AxCMS.net Award 2005! The AxCMS.net Award 2005 represent an opportunity ...

Sql Server 2005 Express or Sql Server 2005 Developer Edition
Hi all, I just installed my VS 2005 Pro (full installation) and it installed Sql Server Express 2005.  I also have a CD for Sql Server 2005 Developer Edition which I have not installed yet.  My need for Sql Server on my development machine is for building and testing apps - just myself - no users will be hitting my sql server on my PC.  Most of the time I hit my web server's sql server but also want the engine on my PC for when I'm offline. Question: Should I install the developer edition and remove sql server express?  Doesn't the developer edition more close...

SQL Server 2005 Express and Visual Studio 2005 Standard
Hi everyone,I am trying to connect to SQL Server 2005 Express with Advanced Services from Visual Studio 2005 Standard Edition.  I have SQL Server 2005 Standard Edition but it took up so much space and resources on my computer that I didn't want to put it back on there.  So I put the SQL Express on there and while the Management Studio application connects just fine, VS 2005 will not.  Oddly enough, VS 2005 connected just fine to SQL 2005 Standard.  I have enabled shared memory, named pipes and TCP/IP.  I have set up SQL Express to accept remote connections on named p...

VS.net 2003 & VWD express 2005 & SQL Express 2005 (RS)
i have installed sql express 2005 with reporting services, vs.net 2003 and visual web developer express 2005. How do i get the reporting services designer or create a new report ? The option 'Business Intelligent' is not in the project....

Web resources about - VS 2005 SQL 2005 Express and SQL 2005 Developer Edtion - asp.net.visual-studio-2005

Dungeons and developers
Have you ever wanted to learn web development or just refine your webdev skills? Dungeons and Developers gives your quest for knowledge a role ...

Video game developer - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A video game developer is a software developer (a business or an individual) that creates video games . A developer may specialize in a certain ...

Apple announces it will discontinue iAd App Network for developers on June 30th
On its developer news blog, Apple has announced that it is closing the iAd App Network on June 30th. Targeted at smaller publishers, the iAd ...

Rockstar North boss leaves Grand Theft Auto developer after 17 years
Leslie Benzies, boss of the Edinburgh-based Rockstar North studio behind the development of the Grand Theft Auto series, has left Rockstar Games. ...

How dying baby salmon inspired these developers to build a better building for Tableau
When they go to work in their new Seattle office building in 2017, Tableau Software (NYSE: DATA) employees who commute by bicycle will be able ...

Create promo codes for your apps and in-app products in the Google Play Developer Console
Posted by Yoshi Tamura, Product Manager, Google Play Over the past six months, a number of new tools in the Google Play Developer Console have ...

Developers love this startup with a funny name — and it just raised another $63 million
... in different categories. In less than 6 years since launching, App Annie has practically become the de facto analytics tool for app developers, ...

Offshore Wind Developers Convinced Of UK Government Support
Offshore wind energy developers DONG Energy and Vattenfall are both “optimistic” that the UK Government will back offshore wind farms. According ...

Microsoft offers developers free tools for its R programming language software
Microsoft is giving developers and students a free crack at its new server software for the R programming language. [ Want to learn R? Download ...

Watch app developer won’t sleep until vets with PTSD can
A watch app developed by the son of an Iraq war veteran could help veterans with post-traumatic stress disorder finally get good sleep.