Visual studio 2005 Vs Visual studio 2003

Hi,

 Can anyone please tell me the difference between Visual studio 2003 and visual studio 2005 ?  What are the main features that are available in visual studio 2005 ?

  And also please let me know any url where i can get more idea about visual studio 2005.

Thanks in advance

 Regards,

Ram

Cheers,
Ramaswamy T.S.
0
ramaswamy

 Check VS.NET 2005's 400 plus new features/differences here - http://www.microsoft.com/germany/msdn/400differences/default.mspx

M.V. 'Anil' Radhakrishna
Web Development Tips, Tricks & Trivia | My Code Gallery

Recent article - How To Create a Custom IE8 Accelerator

0
mvark
8/14/2007 5:06:55 AM

VS 2003 is for .NET 1.1 and VS 2005 is for .NET 2.0. Besides, of course, many other features :-)

Mikhail

Installing Visual Studio 2008 Beta 2 With Visual Studio 2003 and Visual Studio 2005 On Machine
I recently completed a successful installation of Visual Studio 2005 on my machine that had Visual Studio 2003 on it already.  I am interested in the beta of Visual Studio 2008, but I'm not sure if there will be conflicts with the previous versions.  Has anyone done this successfully?  Are there any special steps that need to happen for these three development environments to exist together?You can't stop entropy so why even try? I have installed it on my machine but havent had any problems until now though I have not done a lot of work on 2008 yet. This is the only ...

Visual Studio 2005 Express Edition beta VS Visual Studio.net 2003
Is Visual C# 2005 Express Edition Beta better than Visual Studio.net 2003 ? HighOnCodingWanna get high! in my opinon no. vs.net 2003 is a released application, and is used for more than just c#. visual studio whidbey beta is pretty cool except it's a little quirky still. I swear I can't wait til august.Kay LeeMySpace.com - http://www.myspace.com/kragieInfrastructure GroupMySpace.com- Code to live, but Live to code. What are the odds of anything actually being released in august? What are the odds of anything actually being released in august? Zero. Is Visual C# 20...

Visual Studio 2005 vs. Visual Studio 2005 BETA 2
In terms of functionality and features, I was wondering whether there any major differences between Visual Studio 2005 and Visual Studio 2005 Beta2. Thanks From the C# Windows Apps & Web Apps - pecadillos more than anything.  I have several sizeable projects in bothe.g. MDI child/parent Mensu/toolstrips no longer automergesome complaints about rafting property that no longer exists in Windows forms controlsIf it was easy, everybody would be doing it. The primary difference was mainly a lot of bug fixes.  Two areas that we enhanced were website projects and ...

Visual studio 2005 express vs Visual studio 2005 standard or pro
Hi allIm not sure if you will be able to answer my question. Im using express version of visual basic, which has a particular pain in the you no where limitation. I cannot through the database explorer connect to a remote sql express 2005. I no this is a limitation. I have looked at the option of buying Visual studio however I only need the VB module. From what I see you have to buy the whole version, which contains C#, JSP and more. I do not need them. I do not see the point of paying for all the modules but I only use VB. QuestionsCan you buy them seperately.Is there another workaroun...

Visual Studio 2005 Pro / Visual Studio .NET 2003 Pro ?
Ok I have enough money now to purchase Visual Studio .NET 2003 Pro but what do you think guys, is it too late? Do I need to wait til Visual Studio 2005 is officially release? If you suggest me to wait, so I will still use my Visual Studio.NET Pro 60 days trial edition. After the trial reach its limit, I will reformat my HD and install my Windows + Visual Studio Trial again. Yeah this is make me tired but I dont need to spend 600 bucks again for upgrade. or perhaps I will use MSDN Subscription Pro but I hope Visual Studio 2005 Pro will release before my subscription is expired. ...

Running Visual Studio .NET 2003 and Visual Studio 2005 on the same machine.
Hi there,   I have many projects i develop and continue to maintain on my server. Visual Studio .NET 2003 is currently installed and is what i use to do this. I'd really like to install Visual Studio 2005 and give that a whirl on the same machine, and perhaps develop upcoming sites with it also.I understand that upon installation of VS 2005 it will install the 2.0 Framework. Will this effect my 1.1 sites at all? Does the 2.0 Framework upgrade the 1.1 framework, or does it leave the 1.1 framework intact so older projects can still use it?Any advice would be welcome! :)Thanks,Cr...

from Visual Studio .NET to Visual studio 2005 (VB)
Good evening, i hame one quistion about diffrenece Visual studio 2005 and older version.In Visual studio .NET to work with table from data base i do next steps:1. Create new connection to data base in data explorer2. Push my table from data explorer to my form, and master automatically create two components (SqlConnection and SqlDataAdapter)3. Add to from new object - Dataset for transering data to client application (i amke a web service) and execute command from menu Data | Generate DataSet, then in Dialog box i Add this dataset to the designerThat's itThe quistion is how to do this st...

Visual Studio 2003 behavior for Visual Studio 2005
I have upgraded my development computer to VS 2005. However, I would like it to behave like VS 2003. For instance, it must not suggest that the a code is obsolete (for VS 2005), it must use ASP.NET 1.1 (not ASP.NET 2.0), and other things. It's just like I'm still using a VS 2003 in terms of functionality, disabling other features introduced only in VS 2005. Would anyone help me here please? Thanks. You'll need to use VS2003 with all v1.1 applications, and VS2005 with v.2.0 applications.  You can have them both installed at the same time. Hope it helps...   ~JD"Make everyt...

Visual Studio 2005 vs Visual Studio 2008
I have 2 systems. One running XP Pro SP2 + updates second Vista + Updates (and SP1 when its released) I have a copy of Visual Studio 2005 and Visual Studio 2008. Should i use Visual Studio 2008 on both systems as it allows me to target different .Net platforms? or should i use XP with VS 2005 and Vista with VS 2008. My aim is to create projects for different platforms but still have the advantages of a new product and features i.e. WPF, AJAX, intellisense etc. Is there a reason why someone would want to have VS2005 running on XP rather than VS 2008. Im under the impression VS 20...

Web resources about - Visual studio 2005 Vs Visual studio 2003 - asp.net.visual-studio-2005

Visual flight rules - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Visual flight rules (VFR) are a set of regulations under which a pilot operates an aircraft in weather conditions generally clear enough to allow ...

Pinterest adds visual search tool to iOS app – can identify a billion objects
... Pinterest is a free download from iTunes , and the new version will be rolling out later today. Filed under: Apps Tagged: Pinterest , visual ...

The Secret to Collaboration: Visual Technology Plus In-Person Interactions
Collaborating with colleagues in one office can be a challenge in and of itself. Add in co-workers spread across other cities, states and countries, ...

Pinterest Introduces Visual Search Tool for Finding Items Without Text
Pinterest has announced the introduction of a visual search tool for its platform on mobile and the Web, allowing users to search for items contained ...

Visual Studio now supports debugging Linux apps; Code editor now open source
The Visual Studio Code editor, now open source, editing TypeScript on OS X. (credit: Microsoft) NEW YORK—Developers can now debug apps running ...

How to Stop Visual Hacking. Yes, That’s a Thing!
... you or your company from the high-tech hackers of the world, but it means nothing if someone can simply steal information with a glance. Visual ...

Apple’s cosmic iPad Pro ad will blow you away with stunning visuals
... new iPad Pro was revealed by Apple today and it’s just as stunning as the new tablet’s epic display. Apple’s new ad features some cosmic visuals ...

The Good Dinosaur's Visual Grandeur Makes Up For Its Lack Of Wit
One of the constant accolades Pixar receives about its movies is that they’re not made just for kids. This is meant as a compliment: While they’re ...

Highschool Romance is a visual novel where a boy attends an all-girl school
... rather than simply send you to the correct one, you'll just dress up like a girl to fit in. Oh that wacky Shoji! This setup is for a visual ...

Sencha Launches Visual Studio Plug-In, Joins Ecosystem
Sencha delivered an early access preview of its new Visual Studio plug-in and also joined Microsoft's Visual Studio ecosystem at a top level. ...