Visual Studio 2005 Profiler "Launch Error: The web.config file xxx\web.config has been changed and backup information was lost."

Hi,

 I am experiencing this error when trying to start a Visual Studio 2005 profiling session (Instrumentation) for my ASP.NET 2.0 web application.

 I could not find any information regarding this issue and have no idea what might cause the problem, as the Visual Studio 2005 profiler already worked with that very same application, a couple of weeks ago.

Anyone?

Thanks in advance!

0
civilwar

Hello,

Can you tell me if you found a solution for the issue because I'm experimenting the same issue ?

Thanks !

0
bizbiz

Difference between "Visual Studio 2005 Professional" and "Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition"
I would like to build a web application for my department.  But I found that both tools can be used to build a ASP web site.  What is the difference between these two tools ?  Do they function the same ?  You can review this online features matrix between all visual studio versionshttp://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/vstudio/aa700921.aspx  Hosam Kamel Remember to click on Mark as answer on the post that helped you Have a look here http://blogs.msdn.com/mikhailarkhipov/archive/2006/06/26/647516.aspx. Thanks----------------------------------------------------------...

Visual Studio "Orcas" Visual Studio.net "2005"
What are Microsoft on weed??? Whidby Orcas Indigo XAML Longhorn What are they trying to do to us developers. The transition to any new tools should be minimal. What we know about WebServices is now old bunk. Why did we bother with .net 1.1???????? Now we need to learn new silly names and new ways of doing things. Yes .net 1.1 is still supported in v2.0. But there are a million and one other needless things that we will have pushed onto us. Only to find in anther two years that they are old hat and there are new radical ways to do what we want.MCAD.Net vb.n...

Upgrading from "Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition Beta 2" to "Visual Studio 2005 Beta 2"
Newby question: I am learning ASP.NET and downloaded "Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition Beta 2" in order to practice and learn the ropes.I just received "Visual Studio 2005 Beta 2" and would like to upgrade. However, I haven't found any reference to removing "Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition Beta 2" before installing "Visual Studio 2005 Beta 2".Should I remove it?What do I need to back up before doing so?Thanks in advance,Ira I believe you can install VS on top of VWD. They, in fact, can coexits (although they will share some files).Thanks----------------------------------...

Visual Studio 2005. "Quick Find", "Quick Replace", "Find in Files", "Replace in Files" functionality no longer works
Hello, I just run into problem that find functionality is no longer working in Visual Studio 2005. "Quick Find", "Quick Replace", "Find in Files", "Replace in Files" functionality no longer responds. These are necessary functions when build any website. Any solutions on how to fix this problem?Improving lifestyles for luxury pets: TheFabulousPet In Menu bar click Window -> Reset Window Layout. It solves the problem.Improving lifestyles for luxury pets: TheFabulousPet...

"Unable to start debugging" error starting a web site in Visual Studio 2005
I have been using .NET 2.0 and Visual Studio 2005. Today I tried to create and run a web site in VIsual Studio 2008. It would not run and gave me the following error: "Unable to start debugging on the web server. Unable to connect to the web server. Verify that the web server is running and that incoming HTTP request are not blocked by a firewall." After changing a few things on that new web site in IIS 6.0 without success, I went back to my old VS 2005 web sites that were running fine. Now, they all give me that error when I try to run them. It seems that .NET 2.0 was corru...

VS.NET 2005 is ignoring in web.config strict="true". I get no error when I try this: Dim x As Integer = "string"
Hello,I have this in my VS.NET 2005 web.config <compilation debug="true" strict="true" explicit="true">When I do this in my vb code:Dim x As Integer = "string"I get no error. When I hit compilation I also get no error. What am I doing wrong?Thanks for helping!Regards,J. Bauer It's a bug of some sort See this response by Scott Guthriehttp://lab.msdn.microsoft.com/productfeedback/viewfeedback.aspx?feedbackid=3c1c9898-8076-4f69-a5e2-e99573d03c6e Unfortunately we don’t have a GUI based way to configure this. L It is something we will make sure gets added back in, though, with the next...

How to uninstall "Visual Studio 2005 Web Application Project Preview"
How to uninstall "Visual Studio 2005 Web Application Project Preview" Go to Control Panel / Add-Remove Programs. -- Bash This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights....

The new "Visual Studio 2005 Web Application Projects (RC1)"
are there any further readme's or instructions on how to use the new features in this package?  Some of the features sound interesting but I don't know where to find them in vs.thanks,http://msdn.microsoft.com/asp.net/reference/infrastructure/wap/default.aspxPeter Kellnerhttp://73rdstreet.com and blogging athttp://PeterKellner.netMVP, ASP.NET Did you check out Scott Guthrie's blog post here?http://weblogs.asp.net/scottgu/archive/2006/04/05/442032.aspxHe has tons of links to additional info as well.Darrell Norton, MVPDarrell Norton's BlogPlease mark this post as answered if it help...

Error: "Unable to connect to Visual Studio's Localhost Web Server" when running a local web project
I get the above error when I try to run my project.  Any ideas what the configuration of the computer needs to be in order to run VS2005's local web server? Ok, the problem is that I apparently don't have the executable on my machine.  Does anyone know how I can reinstall this executable?  I've tried to repair my .NET studio installation, but no luck. I got same proplem , did you solve it ? if you .. please help me Thanks Top Systems Inc.Coding ServicesBooks Download I accidentally hit my firewall program to block the web server application.  When I fig...

Visual Studio 2005 Vs Visual Web Developer 2005
 Hi,I am thinking of getting my hands dirty on .NET programming, I have been exclusively doing web development using Coldfusion until now, thinking of learning .Net as I see more promising career in .NET in my area.Please bear with me, my question is very basic, I have being using eclipse until now, and have been spoiled by its flexibilityOk, I bought a book, I want to try some coding, so now I am stuck with choosing an IDE. My understanding is that the express edition for visual studio has 3 IDEs (C#, VB.NET, Web Developer), but the actual visual studio that one has to pay for is just ...

Connecting to SQL Express 2005 via Web.Config file in Visual Studio 2003
Hi  I am following a project to build a small E-Commerce site from a book I have purchased and I have having problems connecting to the SQL Database with the code supplied. The book is Apress Beginning ASP.NET 1.1 E-Commerce http://www.amazon.co.uk/Beginning-ASP-Net-1-1-E-Commerce-Professional/dp/1590592549/ref=sr_11_1/202-7684451-7995058?ie=UTF8&qid=1193780707&sr=11-1  The code added to the Web.Config file is : <configuration> <appSettings> <add key="ConnectionString" value="Server=(local)\NetSDK;Integrated Security=True;Initial Catalog...

Web resources about - Visual Studio 2005 Profiler "Launch Error: The web.config file xxx\web.config has been changed and backup information was lost." - asp.net.visual-studio-2005