Edited by XIII

aspfun

Yes. ".NET" part is not actually/officially part of the Visual Studio 2005 name.

-- Mike Pope

ASP.NET User Education

mikepope
11/9/2005 6:27:21 PM
Is it Visual Studio .NET 2003 update version? Does Microsoft change its name?
0
aspfun
11/9/2005 9:05:33 PM
I'm not sure I understand your question exactly -- I'm a little thrown by the word "update." Visual Studio 2005 is the new/current version, released on Monday. This product never officially had the word ".NET" in its name. It is the next version after Visual Studio .NET 2003.

Does this help?
-- Mike Pope

ASP.NET User Education

mikepope
11/9/2005 10:50:58 PM

I am confused name. Before, there two Visual Studio: one is Visual Studio 2003(VB is in it), the another is Visual Studio .NET 2003 (VB.NET is in it). Now, 2005 call Visual Studio 2005, it is including new VB or new VB.NET?

0
aspfun
11/9/2005 11:02:52 PM
Aha, I think I see the issue. The qualifier ".NET" has been dropped from a number of product names, including Visual Studio 2005 and Visual Basic. The old, pre-.NET version of Visual Basic, while still supported, has not been updated.

In Visual Studio .NET 2003, the language was named Visual Basic .NET. In Visual Studio 2005, the language is simply named Visual Basic.
-- Mike Pope

ASP.NET User Education

mikepope
11/10/2005 1:13:02 AM
Thank you, Mike Pope! Now, I am clear!
0
aspfun

from Visual Studio .NET to Visual studio 2005 (VB)
Good evening, i hame one quistion about diffrenece Visual studio 2005 and older version.In Visual studio .NET to work with table from data base i do next steps:1. Create new connection to data base in data explorer2. Push my table from data explorer to my form, and master automatically create two components (SqlConnection and SqlDataAdapter)3. Add to from new object - Dataset for transering data to client application (i amke a web service) and execute command from menu Data | Generate DataSet, then in Dialog box i Add this dataset to the designerThat's itThe quistion is how to do this st...

Visual Studio 2005 Express Edition beta VS Visual Studio.net 2003
Is Visual C# 2005 Express Edition Beta better than Visual Studio.net 2003 ? HighOnCodingWanna get high! in my opinon no. vs.net 2003 is a released application, and is used for more than just c#. visual studio whidbey beta is pretty cool except it's a little quirky still. I swear I can't wait til august.Kay LeeMySpace.com - http://www.myspace.com/kragieInfrastructure GroupMySpace.com- Code to live, but Live to code. What are the odds of anything actually being released in august? What are the odds of anything actually being released in august? Zero. Is Visual C# 20...

Can I Have Visual Studio.NET and Visual Studio 2005 together?
Hi everyone. Can I have Visual Studio.NET and Visual Studio 2005 installed in the same machine? I want to install Studio 2005 but I do not want to uninstall Studio.NET yet. Thanks!C# I am running VS 2003 and VS 2005 together with no problems.Martin Lawrence, MCSE, CNE, A+ Recut Technologies Ltd. http://www.recut.com Yes, they can be installed side-by-side. I have it installed side-by-side on my computer and it works perfectly without any conflicts. I even think there is a Version Selector (not something you have to install as it is installed by default) which will make sure your pro...

Visual Studio 2005 Pro / Visual Studio .NET 2003 Pro ?
Ok I have enough money now to purchase Visual Studio .NET 2003 Pro but what do you think guys, is it too late? Do I need to wait til Visual Studio 2005 is officially release? If you suggest me to wait, so I will still use my Visual Studio.NET Pro 60 days trial edition. After the trial reach its limit, I will reformat my HD and install my Windows + Visual Studio Trial again. Yeah this is make me tired but I dont need to spend 600 bucks again for upgrade. or perhaps I will use MSDN Subscription Pro but I hope Visual Studio 2005 Pro will release before my subscription is expired. ...

Running Visual Studio .NET 2003 and Visual Studio 2005 on the same machine.
Hi there,   I have many projects i develop and continue to maintain on my server. Visual Studio .NET 2003 is currently installed and is what i use to do this. I'd really like to install Visual Studio 2005 and give that a whirl on the same machine, and perhaps develop upcoming sites with it also.I understand that upon installation of VS 2005 it will install the 2.0 Framework. Will this effect my 1.1 sites at all? Does the 2.0 Framework upgrade the 1.1 framework, or does it leave the 1.1 framework intact so older projects can still use it?Any advice would be welcome! :)Thanks,Cr...

Visual Studio 2005 vs. Visual Studio 2005 BETA 2
In terms of functionality and features, I was wondering whether there any major differences between Visual Studio 2005 and Visual Studio 2005 Beta2. Thanks From the C# Windows Apps & Web Apps - pecadillos more than anything.  I have several sizeable projects in bothe.g. MDI child/parent Mensu/toolstrips no longer automergesome complaints about rafting property that no longer exists in Windows forms controlsIf it was easy, everybody would be doing it. The primary difference was mainly a lot of bug fixes.  Two areas that we enhanced were website projects and ...

Visual Studio 2005 Express/Visual Studio 2005 Same Language Support
I know the Visual Studio 2005 is much better than it's Express edition, but can they produce the same results in the end?  By that, I mean that you can use the exact same code in the Express edition and it will build the same as Visual Studio 2005, and the language support is the same (everything bit of code that works on VS 2005 will also work on VS 2005 Express)?VDesign Yes, projects and files are fully interchangeable. Express editions lack some IDE/UI features, but code you write will work everywhere.Thanks------------------------------------------------------------This posting is...

Visual studio 2005 express vs Visual studio 2005 standard or pro
Hi allIm not sure if you will be able to answer my question. Im using express version of visual basic, which has a particular pain in the you no where limitation. I cannot through the database explorer connect to a remote sql express 2005. I no this is a limitation. I have looked at the option of buying Visual studio however I only need the VB module. From what I see you have to buy the whole version, which contains C#, JSP and more. I do not need them. I do not see the point of paying for all the modules but I only use VB. QuestionsCan you buy them seperately.Is there another workaroun...

Installing Visual Studio 2008 Beta 2 With Visual Studio 2003 and Visual Studio 2005 On Machine
I recently completed a successful installation of Visual Studio 2005 on my machine that had Visual Studio 2003 on it already.  I am interested in the beta of Visual Studio 2008, but I'm not sure if there will be conflicts with the previous versions.  Has anyone done this successfully?  Are there any special steps that need to happen for these three development environments to exist together?You can't stop entropy so why even try? I have installed it on my machine but havent had any problems until now though I have not done a lot of work on 2008 yet. This is the only ...

Visual Studio "Orcas" Visual Studio.net "2005"
What are Microsoft on weed??? Whidby Orcas Indigo XAML Longhorn What are they trying to do to us developers. The transition to any new tools should be minimal. What we know about WebServices is now old bunk. Why did we bother with .net 1.1???????? Now we need to learn new silly names and new ways of doing things. Yes .net 1.1 is still supported in v2.0. But there are a million and one other needless things that we will have pushed onto us. Only to find in anther two years that they are old hat and there are new radical ways to do what we want.MCAD.Net vb.n...

Norton Internet Security 2005 interferes with Visual Studio 2005 (it hangs Visual Studio)
I installed Norton Internet Security 2005 on my computer and Visual Studio hung whenever I was trying to edit a file in the integrated editor.  At first I thought it was an issue with AJAX or the Infragistics components, but nothing worked, so I ended up doing a clean re-install of my machine.  I installed everything and again, when I installed Norton Internet Security 2005, Visual Studio 2005 started hanging again.   It only hangs when you try to edit a file (you can still compile and run your application). I then removed Norton Internet Security 2005 and the problem ...

Web resources about - Visual Studio 2005 Edition Released! Is it the same as Visual Studio.Net 2005 ? - asp.net.visual-studio-2005

Paper Aircraft Released Into Space - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
at a location about 120 miles west of Madrid, Spain, a team of British space enthusiasts. On 13 September 2014, a group of cadets from Fox Valley ...

Firefox 17 Released, Complete With Social API, Facebook Messenger
The new Social API from Firefox is out of beta, as Mozilla released Firefox 17 , complete with the application-programming interface’s integration ...

Senator Reid has been released from the... - Senator Harry Reid - Facebook
Senator Reid has been released from the hospital and is back at home with his wife, Landra. As previously stated, he went to the hospital as ...

Facebook suggests upcoming events and recently released albums in News Feed
Some Facebook users are seeing stories about upcoming events and recently released albums in their News Feeds, we’ve found. The new stories ...

WSJ: ‘Research in Motion Says Its New BlackBerry 10 Smartphone Won’t Be Released Until First-Quarter ...
What’s the over/under that RIM is still an independent company in Q1 2013?

→ 5by5 Radio app released
Nice app to listen to our shows live, and buying it is a great way to support 5by5. We discussed its features and design decisions in the last ...

Baby mouse is all grown up and released back to the wild! - YouTube
This young mouse was hand reared at HART Wildlife Rescue. Here he is being released back to the wild and he can't quite believe it!

Hunger-striking US exec released from Dubai jail on Dh5m bail
Hunger striker Zack Shahin, the former Deyaar chief executive charged with misusing his powers and approving bids in return for millions, was ...

Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them: First trailer of new J.K. Rowling film released
Fans, get your wands. The first teaser trailer for Fantastic Beasts starring Eddie Redmayne is out.

KGI: iPad Air 3 to be released in 1st half of 2016, ‘unlikely to have 3D Touch because of production ...
... out with a set of research notes today highlighted by ‘iPad Air 3’ forecasts. Notably, the newest 9.7-inch Apple tablet is expected to be released ...