Visual Studio 2005 Copy Web Site and VSS 2005 Integration

I am using a VS2005 Web Site project (BlogEngine.Net). This project is under VSS 2005 source control. I use the VS2005 Copy Web Site feature to upload changes to my remote host via FTP. This works fine. I make some configuration changes on the hosted site using a web browser and then try to Copy a resulting xml file from the remote site back to my Visual Studio 2005/VSS 2005 working folder hoping that the copy Web Site feature would check out the local file and replace it with the one copied from the remote site. According to the VS 2005 copy Web Site status and log the copy transaction was successful, but I can't find the new file in the local target folder and the VSS 2005 integration doesn't notice it as well.

Is anybody using this kind of scenario successfully?

0
Klaus

Visual Studio 2005 vs. Visual Studio 2005 BETA 2
In terms of functionality and features, I was wondering whether there any major differences between Visual Studio 2005 and Visual Studio 2005 Beta2. Thanks From the C# Windows Apps & Web Apps - pecadillos more than anything.  I have several sizeable projects in bothe.g. MDI child/parent Mensu/toolstrips no longer automergesome complaints about rafting property that no longer exists in Windows forms controlsIf it was easy, everybody would be doing it. The primary difference was mainly a lot of bug fixes.  Two areas that we enhanced were website projects and ...

Visual Studio 2005 Express/Visual Studio 2005 Same Language Support
I know the Visual Studio 2005 is much better than it's Express edition, but can they produce the same results in the end?  By that, I mean that you can use the exact same code in the Express edition and it will build the same as Visual Studio 2005, and the language support is the same (everything bit of code that works on VS 2005 will also work on VS 2005 Express)?VDesign Yes, projects and files are fully interchangeable. Express editions lack some IDE/UI features, but code you write will work everywhere.Thanks------------------------------------------------------------This posting is...

Visual Studio 2005 Vs Visual Web Developer 2005
 Hi,I am thinking of getting my hands dirty on .NET programming, I have been exclusively doing web development using Coldfusion until now, thinking of learning .Net as I see more promising career in .NET in my area.Please bear with me, my question is very basic, I have being using eclipse until now, and have been spoiled by its flexibilityOk, I bought a book, I want to try some coding, so now I am stuck with choosing an IDE. My understanding is that the express edition for visual studio has 3 IDEs (C#, VB.NET, Web Developer), but the actual visual studio that one has to pay for is just ...

Visual studio 2005 express vs Visual studio 2005 standard or pro
Hi allIm not sure if you will be able to answer my question. Im using express version of visual basic, which has a particular pain in the you no where limitation. I cannot through the database explorer connect to a remote sql express 2005. I no this is a limitation. I have looked at the option of buying Visual studio however I only need the VB module. From what I see you have to buy the whole version, which contains C#, JSP and more. I do not need them. I do not see the point of paying for all the modules but I only use VB. QuestionsCan you buy them seperately.Is there another workaroun...

is componentart for Visual Studio 2005 (or Visual Web Express 2005 version)
http://www.componentart.com It seems like the Web.UI suite is geared towards Visual Studio 2003, because there is not right arrow button on the top right corner of the Grid. And it also requires code behind coding, as where the standard Visual Studio 2005 girds require no require no code behind coding Is this the case?Cheers!- Aron...

Norton Internet Security 2005 interferes with Visual Studio 2005 (it hangs Visual Studio)
I installed Norton Internet Security 2005 on my computer and Visual Studio hung whenever I was trying to edit a file in the integrated editor.  At first I thought it was an issue with AJAX or the Infragistics components, but nothing worked, so I ended up doing a clean re-install of my machine.  I installed everything and again, when I installed Norton Internet Security 2005, Visual Studio 2005 started hanging again.   It only hangs when you try to edit a file (you can still compile and run your application). I then removed Norton Internet Security 2005 and the problem ...

Visual Studio 2005 and Visual SourceSafe 2005
Hi AllWe're using Visual Studio 2005 and Visual SourceSafe 2005 together in our team.  We opened the project using the SourceSafe(LAN) option in the "Open Project" dialogI used to be able to "Check In..." using the Solution Explorere, which had space for me to add comments as i checked individual files in.  My issue is that i've lost that box and now it all just checks in without asking me to add a comment.  Does anyone know how to re-enable this function please?cheersTim if it's not Baroque, don't fix ithttp://blogs.creative-jar.comhttp://silverlight.creative-jar...

Visual Studio 2005 vs Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition
Can anyone tell me what are the main differences between  Visual Studio.NET 2005 and Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition from an ASP.NET(VB) developer point of view?Thank you! For starters, Visual Web Developer Express includes only the portions of Visual Studio that pertain directly to creating Web sites. For example, you can't create Windows Forms projects or class library projects, etc. The rule of thumb there is that in Visual Studio you can create multi-project solutions, whereas in Visual Web Developer Express you can create only Web site projects. Within the ...

Differences between Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition and Visual Studio 2005?
What are the differences between Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition and Visual Studio 2005?I can't find a listing of the differences anywhere on Microsofts site. http://lab.msdn.microsoft.com/express/This link described the express editions.  And from this FAQ:The Express products are designed for hobbyists, students, and novice developers. As such, they lack the full breadth of features found in higher-end editions of Visual Studio and are designed specifically for scenarios common to the hobbyist, student, and novice developer. Each Express product includes targeted documenta...

Visual Web Developer 2005 Express VS Visual Studio 2005
Hi all - name of this thread says it all. What's the difference between the free app (that i've decided that I should be using over Dreamweaver) on the asp.net website, and the full, paid-up Visual Studio 2005? I realise VS2005 allows the coding of applications and completely web-unrelated things, but what does it do in the 'web world' that VWD2005 Express doesn't? Thanks!Ramic Solutions Hi all - you can ignore this thread - discovered the search button :-)Ramic Solutions...

Visual Web Developer Express 2005 coexist with Visual Studio 2005 Professional
I'd like to show some people here Visual Web Developer Express 2005 but I already have/use Visual Studio 2003 and Visual Studio 2005 Professional on my laptop. Can they all coexist? (I saw many notes about not having VS 2005 beta with Express but non on VS 2005 Professional with Express) Thank you.   Yes they can, but since you already have VS 2005 Pro you don't need VWD Express as VS 2005 includes all VWD features and adds more (such as HTML Accessibility Checker and Web Form Localization).Thanks------------------------------------------------------------This posting is provi...

Web resources about - Visual Studio 2005 Copy Web Site and VSS 2005 Integration - asp.net.visual-studio-2005

Order of integration (calculus) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In calculus , interchange of the order of integration is a methodology that transforms iterated integrals (or multiple integrals through the ...

Pixelmator for iPhone and iPad adds Apple Pencil integration, 3D Touch Peek and Pop, home screen quick ...
... more about iOS Devices , Apps , and iPhone at 9to5Mac . What do you think? Discuss "Pixelmator for iPhone and iPad adds Apple Pencil integration, ...

Scripps Networks Sees All-Time High in Demand for Branded Integrations
Scripps Networks has a long history in brand integrations, but CEO Ken Lowe said the company is witnessing an all-time high in demand for such ...

Readdle's Scanner Pro updated with smart renaming, Box integration and more
Scanner Pro continues to improve as it sticks to its promise of turning iOS devices into portable scanners.

Pebble Time gets more iOS integration with addition of text
... more functionality to its Apple friends. The company boasts that this is the first non-Apple smartwatch to deliver voice and text integration. ...

"Various Paths" of UK Subservience to Full EU Integration; Cameron's Brexit Appeasement Bluff
... from the EU’s mantra of “ever-closer union”, Mr Tusk diplomatically noted that the treaties already allowed for “ various paths of integration ...

Cisco Partners: 'We Want Tighter Integration' With Microsoft
Cisco Partners: 'We Want Tighter Integration' With Microsoft CRN Partners are calling for tighter integration between Cisco and Microsoft as ...

Salesforce Connect Simplifies Enterprise App Data Integration
DAILY VIDEO: Salesforce Connect improves data integration for enterprise apps; VTech admits lack of database security opened door to hack; Microsoft's ...

Apple Music's Sonos Launch Is More Than Another Integration
Apple Music's partnership with Sonos is a notable moment for streaming music. Starting December 15, Sonos smart speakers will let Apple Music ...

Changes At Apple Hint At An Even Greater Level Of Vertical Integration
Applehas become famous for developing much of its own technology in-house or "vertical integration." But recent changes show just how integralthat ...