Visual Source Control integration with Source Control (Beta 2)

Our team of ten developers currently uses Visual InterDev 6.0 for website development.  Our development server runs FrontPage server extensions that integrate nicely into Microsoft Source Control.   All developers can work of one common server, we check out files as we need, and check them back in when we are done so that we don't cross over each others work.  This system has worked out very well for us and we are trying to duplicate this setup with 2005 Visual Studio Beta 2.

It appears that the same or similar tools are available in 2005 Beta 2, but I have not been able to configure our server as I expected.  I have added several common users to the users list with Source Control such as "administrator" and "iusr_machinename".  However when I enter the web based utility to configure a website to attach to Source Control I am still missing the option for "Use external version control (Visual SourceSafe only)" that I get with Version 6.  Any hints or ideas what is different or what needs to be done to have development websites attach to source control?

0
rusted

Source Control for .NET and Integrated with Visual Studio 2005
 I'm searching for source control solutions via Internet. I prefer to free or open source product, especially it could be integrated to VS2005. A source control can be installed on IIS will save much time for me to configure it. I had glance at Subversion of Tigris but it seem so complex while my team was familiar with Visual Source Safe. Please give me your advice!   You can try Tortoise SVN with Ankh SVN plugin for VSS which is like easy to use.You can also try SourceJammer (www.sourcejammer.org) which is a very nice and stable SC system but it doenst provide VS i...

Visual Studio 2005 / SQL Server Management Studio 2005 Source Control?
I just want a simple software change management tool for these two tools... Team Foundation Server is too big for me...  What should I do? Hi,at the moment we still use Visual Source Safe untill VSTS ships as a RTM version. But there are other systems availble too. I heard some people that they were using CVS but I don't have any experience with it.Grz, Kris.Read my blog. Handy Firefox plugins for web developers.Workaround for non working Mark as answer buttons....

Visual Studio 2005 & telerik r.a.d.Controls & Visual Source
Do the telerik Q4 2005 controls need to be added for each user login? I am getting an error thatthe assemblies cannot be located for a project that works on another machine. Are there any configurations settting that could cause the same project from Source Safe to build on one machineand not another? Please Help! I suspect that the problem is due to either of these:1. The assemblies are referenced manually on machine one (i.e. the solution looks for them in C:\Program Files\Telerik\...). Since the r.a.d.controls are not installed on the second machine, the build will fail. You should chec...

Installing Visual Studio 2008 Beta 2 With Visual Studio 2003 and Visual Studio 2005 On Machine
I recently completed a successful installation of Visual Studio 2005 on my machine that had Visual Studio 2003 on it already.  I am interested in the beta of Visual Studio 2008, but I'm not sure if there will be conflicts with the previous versions.  Has anyone done this successfully?  Are there any special steps that need to happen for these three development environments to exist together?You can't stop entropy so why even try? I have installed it on my machine but havent had any problems until now though I have not done a lot of work on 2008 yet. This is the only ...

Getting Started with Visual Studio 2005 Beta 2 and Visual Web Developer Express Edition 2005 Beta 2
Visual Studio 2005 Beta 2 was released on 4/17/2005.  Here's some important information for users to get started with: If you installed any version of Whidbey Beta 1 products, you must uninstall all Whidbey Beta 1 products before installing Beta 2.  The following links provide details and additional information about uninstalling: http://lab.msdn.microsoft.com/vs2005/uninstall/http://blogs.msdn.com/astebner/archive/2005/04/19/409555.aspxhttp://blogs.msdn.com/hgao/archive/2005/04/15/408769.aspxhttp://blogs.msdn.com/hgao/archive/2005/04/15/408768.aspx You ...

Visual Studio 2005 vs. Visual Studio 2005 BETA 2
In terms of functionality and features, I was wondering whether there any major differences between Visual Studio 2005 and Visual Studio 2005 Beta2. Thanks From the C# Windows Apps & Web Apps - pecadillos more than anything.  I have several sizeable projects in bothe.g. MDI child/parent Mensu/toolstrips no longer automergesome complaints about rafting property that no longer exists in Windows forms controlsIf it was easy, everybody would be doing it. The primary difference was mainly a lot of bug fixes.  Two areas that we enhanced were website projects and ...

Simple source control for Visual Studio 2005 / SQL Server Management Studio?
Hi Friends,I am developing a web app using Visual Studio 2005 and SQL 2005.  I want source control but I don't want to purchase/install the Team Foundation -- it offers way too many functionalities I don't want.  Is there a free tool that integrates with VS 2005 and SQL Server 2005 Management Studio, allowing me to perform source control easily?Thanks. I don't know of any SourceControl that integrates with VS besides SourceSafe, but if you're looking for a free decent sourcemanagement solution I can advise WinCVS. It works pretty much like SourceSafe (checking files in and o...

Upgrading from "Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition Beta 2" to "Visual Studio 2005 Beta 2"
Newby question: I am learning ASP.NET and downloaded "Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition Beta 2" in order to practice and learn the ropes.I just received "Visual Studio 2005 Beta 2" and would like to upgrade. However, I haven't found any reference to removing "Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition Beta 2" before installing "Visual Studio 2005 Beta 2".Should I remove it?What do I need to back up before doing so?Thanks in advance,Ira I believe you can install VS on top of VWD. They, in fact, can coexits (although they will share some files).Thanks----------------------------------...

Visual Source safe 2005 and Visual Studio 2005
Hi,   we were using VSS 2005 with VS2003 and everything was fine - now we are starting to use VS2005 however we are not able to see any options in Visual Studio 2005 to add the projects to VSS. How do I add a VS2005 website to VSS 2005? Thanks I believe when you right-click on the Web Site node in the Solution Explorer, you should see 'Add To Source Control...' in the context menu.Thanks------------------------------------------------------------This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Thanks Mikhail,  But I dont see that option a...

Visual Studio 2005 and Visual Source Safe 2005
I created a new web site in VS 2005. Then I added the solution to Source control (VSS 2005) from VS 2005. And it added not only my code but also "Documents and Settings" folder. How do i exclude this? Do i have to manually delete this in Source Safe? Please let me know. Thanks, Babs...

Visual Studio 2005 beta 2 and custom control library
Hello,I'm having trouble getting the Visual Studio 2005 editor to get an update in a control library.  I added a new custom control, and it won't recognize it automatically in the toolbox.  The control inherits from ListControl, and I tried cleaning, building, and rebuilding the projects/solution, and it isn't showing it in the toolbox.  Any ideas why?  This is beta 2.Thanks.Brian"Trust in the Lord and do what is good; dwell in the land and live securely. Take delight in the Lord, and He will give you your heart's desires" (Psalm 37: 3-4)....

Visual Studio 2005 and Visual Source Safe 2005 Problem
Hello all,I`m stuck with a problem with my Visual Studio 2005 (VS2005) and Visual Source Safe 2005 (VSS2005).Last time I installed my Operational System, I installed both VS2005 and VSS2005. So, i created my project in VSS2005 and when I hit the Open Web Site link in VS 2005, it would show File System, Local IIS, FTP Site, Remote Site and VSS Project. So, I would click in VSS Project and I would be able to open my VSS Project nicely.The problem is that my Windows XP got an error that made me reinstall it. As i had a backup of the project, i reinstalled it without much problem. So, i installe...

Feasible: PVCS as Visual Studio 2005 Source Control Provider?
Hi,Has anyone used PVCS as a Source Control Provider for VS2005?  We were using PVCS 7.5 as a provider for VS2003, but it does not look like PVCS is going to work as-is with VS2005.  On any action that references PVCS, we receive the error message: "Your source control provider PVCS Source Control is using relative paths or paths that are not on local drives for locating its libraries.  Since this might be a security issue, you will not be able to use this provider to perform source control operations".Currently our PVCS implementation uses a network drive to load some DLLs.&n...

can visual studio express (visual web developer) connect to a team foundation server source control?
I want to connect visual web developer to source control provided by team foundations system and I am not sure if this is possible.... would i have to download the team explorer?  Thanks!!** remember to mark a post as 'answer' if it helped you. Doing so will help others locate helpful posts **Greg BalajewiczIndependent Consultant.See Asp.Net and SQL server in action in a massively multiplayer online game Realm Of Empires ! Express editions do not support integration with source control.Thanks------------------------------------------------------------This posting is provided ...

Web resources about - Visual Source Control integration with Source Control (Beta 2) - asp.net.visual-studio-2005

Artificial hair integrations - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Artificial hair integrations , more commonly known as hair extensions (rarely referred to as a hair hat ), add length and/or fullness to human ...

Pixelmator for iPhone and iPad adds Apple Pencil integration, 3D Touch Peek and Pop, home screen quick ...
... more about iOS Devices , Apps , and iPhone at 9to5Mac . What do you think? Discuss "Pixelmator for iPhone and iPad adds Apple Pencil integration, ...

Scripps Networks Sees All-Time High in Demand for Branded Integrations
Scripps Networks has a long history in brand integrations, but CEO Ken Lowe said the company is witnessing an all-time high in demand for such ...

The ESPN app hits a homerun with WatchESPN integration
... a detailed game page, just select Watch Live. It doesnt get much easier than that! What else is new ESPN did not stop with its WatchESPN integration ...

Dropbox & Adobe Acrobat Reader for iOS updated with tighter integration for PDF editing
Collaboration between Dropbox and Adobe has resulted in updates for both the official Dropbox and Acrobat Reader apps, making it easier for users ...

Pebble Time gets more iOS integration with addition of text
... more functionality to its Apple friends. The company boasts that this is the first non-Apple smartwatch to deliver voice and text integration. ...

"Various Paths" of UK Subservience to Full EU Integration; Cameron's Brexit Appeasement Bluff
... from the EU’s mantra of “ever-closer union”, Mr Tusk diplomatically noted that the treaties already allowed for “ various paths of integration ...

Cisco Partners: 'We Want Tighter Integration' With Microsoft
Cisco Partners: 'We Want Tighter Integration' With Microsoft CRN Partners are calling for tighter integration between Cisco and Microsoft as ...

Salesforce Connect Simplifies Enterprise App Data Integration
DAILY VIDEO: Salesforce Connect improves data integration for enterprise apps; VTech admits lack of database security opened door to hack; Microsoft's ...

Apple Music's Sonos Launch Is More Than Another Integration
Apple Music's partnership with Sonos is a notable moment for streaming music. Starting December 15, Sonos smart speakers will let Apple Music ...