Using .Net Framework 1.1 w/ VS2005 Beta 1

I have developed a Windows Forms project in VS2005 that I want to install on another computer.
Is there any way to specify that the project use the 1.1 Framework vs the 2.0 Beta Framework? I'd rather not install the Beta framework on the other computer, and I have not used any 2.0 specific code.
Thanks
ScottSEA

Dont forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you!
This credits that member, earns you a point and mark your thread as Resolved for the sake of Future Readers.
0
scottsea

Here is one of the easiest solutions ;)

Open your code with VS.Net 2003 and recompile the solution.
Everything you compile with VS 2005 will target the new framework.

/Fredrik Normén - fredrikn @ twitter

Microsoft MVP, MCSD, MCAD, MCT

ASPInsiders
My Blog
0
Fredrik
3/14/2005 6:23:58 AM

The only problem with that solution is that I don't have VS.NET 2003, and I'm not too keen on dropping hundreds of $$$ just before they come out with 2005.
ScottSEA

Dont forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you!
This credits that member, earns you a point and mark your thread as Resolved for the sake of Future Readers.
0
scottsea
3/20/2005 5:35:40 AM

You can always install the v1.1 SDK - it includes compilers (e.g. VB.net and C#).

VisualStudio 2003 is basically a glorified text editor - all the real stuff comes with the SDK.

snorrk2

Using Visual Studio.NET 2005 with .NET Framework 1.1
I'm wondering how easy it is to use Visual Studio.NET 2005 to develop with the .NET Framework 1.1. The 2005 IDE is superior to the VS 2003 IDE (especially in terms of HTML editing), and I would like to switch over in the future. However, my project is not quite ready to be converted to .NET 2.0. Can anyone direct me to an article on this or have any advice? Thanks, Allen K. There are 10 types of people in this world: those that understand binary and those that don't. Did you get an answer to this one? I would like to know the same..Thanks! The VS 2005 IDE was created to...

Does Visual Studio .NET 2003 (version 7.1.3088) & NET Framework 1.1 support AJAX ?
Dear friend, 1. Does Visual Studio .NET 2003 (version 7.1.3088) & NET Framework 1.1 support AJAX ? 2.  i don't know if i can implement AJAX for my case below ? pls advise... i have built a windows application to connect to a card reader DLL,   but right now i have to build it for web application..and it's a real challenge since i have blank idea...   i also write the source code for the windows application below , for analysis...   the case is like these : --------------------------1. we have a card reader (usb port connection)...   2. we must connect...

Why Visual Studio 2005 ask me to convert a solution already got converted Somebody did the conversion of a solution from .net 1.1 to .net 2.0 by using the automatic conversion wizard of Visual Stu
Why Visual Studio 2005 ask me to convert a solution already got converted Somebody did the conversion of a solution from .net 1.1 to .net 2.0 by using the automatic conversion wizard of Visual Studio 2005. Then, he changed to another company. Now, I take over his job. Unfortunately, when I attempted to open that solution, Visual Studio 2005 prompted me the conversion wizard again to forced me to perform a conversion on the solution. Does someone know why?--Harish Patel www.MicrosoftSQLandASP.netpatelharish@gmail.com Hi, How many projects are in the solution, does it have UNLOADE...

Visual studio 2005 and .net framework 1.1
Good morning, After a quick search of the forum, I have been unable to ascertain a similar question being asked, so if I may:My Company has just given my team five new latops all installed with Visual Studio 2005. Alas the servers used throughout the business are only running .net framework v1.1.4322 and are unwilling to upgrade at this moment in time. My questions are: there any difficulties in delivering .net framework 1.1 related developments using visual studio 2005? I am lead to believe that the guys only have the 2.0 framework installed on the lapops. Can the two versions co-exist...

Compilation for .NET Framework 1.1 in Visual Studio 2005
I just added blog entry on this, but it seams important enough to summarize it here too. There is no way to compile solution compatible with FW 1.1 in current version of VS2005(beta 1). I think it should be. Suggestion was post at Product Feedback Center. If you think like me, please vote.Leon LangleybenMCSD, ASP.NET MVPBlog There is a way to do this. See http://weblogs.asp.net/rmclaws/archive/2004/10/03/MSBuildToolkit.aspx for more details. Dave...

.NET Studio 2005 with 1.1 framework?
At last I used .NET Studio 2003 and now I will work with .NET Stdui 2005 but with my older created files in VS 2003. On the VS 2005 start I neet to convert the older files so that I can use them in VS2005.But i dont wont to do this.Is this possible? Can I work with .NET Studio 2005 but with the older framework 1.1... and without file conversation to VS 2005?-If YES,How? Simple answer is no.  You can, however, continue to use VS2003 for older projects since you can have both products and both versions of ASP.NET coexist....

IE WebControl compiled assembly using .NET Framework 1.1 or Visual Studio 2003
Hi Did someone have compiled the IEWebControl using MS .NET Framework 1.1 or using Visual Studio 2003. If yes please let me how did you do it. The source which is available only works with framework 1.0. -Thank for help in advance khurram Check out Peter Brombergs article and vs.net project that he posted with it, does just that. I posted the link here: http://www.asp.net/Forums/ShowPost.aspx?tabindex=1&PostID=688004 /mawi...

using Microsoft .NET Framework 1.0 and 1.1??
sorry if this is not the right forum, but i don't know where should i post this, well...i have no problem exactly right now, i just wonder that i'm using two version of .NET Framework 1.0 and 1.1. I get the .NET Framework 1.0 from Visual Studio .NET, which i installed the VB.NET and i get the 1.1 version because it says that ASP.NET requires 1.1 version so i download it in microsoft site. My question are, is this two version compatible? can i used only one version which is .NET Framework 1.1 only and remove the 1.0 version? I have Web Matrix that used .NET Framework 1.1 and VB.NET tha...

Using .Net 1.1 in Visual Studio 2002
Hi.. I am having the Visual Studio 2002 install in my pc with .Net Framework 1.0 in it. Now i want to use .Net framework 1.1 within my application how can i do the same. Also Does .Net 1.0 support odbc connection Thanks Sumit Gupta http://www.sumitonnet.20m.comSumit Gupta (MCSD/ CCNA) http://www.vikasumit.com You can't use 1.1 with VS2002, you need to have VS2003 to use 1.1!Sreedharhttp://www.w3coder.orgweblog http://weblogs.asp.net/skoganti You can install 1.1 and use VS 2002 just don't use any of the 1.1 specific code (such as DDL.SelectedValue - you still have to use...

Visual Studio 2005 and .Net 1.1 IIS
Hi.  I'm frustrated and will make this brief.I need to create some ASP.Net Web based applications, so I grabbed Visual Studio 2005 to do it with.  I had some errors running under IIS on my Server 2003 R1 test server.  I found that I needed ASP.Net 2.0.  I downloaded the Windows Server 2003 R2 eval from Microsoft and everything started working (okay, I needed to do an aspnet_regiis).The problem is that the destination server's O/S is Server 2003 R1 and, like mine, does not have ASP.Net 2.0.  I have no control over this server and the odds of my getting them to upgrade...

Visual Studio 2002 and .net framework 1.1
Hi, Can anyone tell me how to configure visual studio 2002 to work with .net framework 1.1. Under the project properties I have set the reference path to point to the 1.1 sdk, but when I do the designer tool does not work in the ide. Any help would be appreciated. Mike To run Visual Studio .NET 2002, you need to have the .NET Framework 1.0 installed. Visual Studio .NET 2003 uses version 1.1. Russell So the visual studio ide is not like a java ide (ex. jBuilder) in which you can change the version of the sdk you want to use? Mike In Visual Studio .NET 2003 you c...

Web resources about - Using .Net Framework 1.1 w/ VS2005 Beta 1 - asp.net.visual-studio-2005

Xposed framework for Android 6.0 Marshmallow could arrive this week
Towards the end of October we told you that Xposed framework for Android 6.0 Marshmallow would soon become available for all. While that's still ...

Safe Harbor 2.0 framework begins to capsize as January deadline nears
(credit: Andree Stephan ) Safe Harbour 2.0, currently being drawn up by the EU and US authorities, "will not provide a viable framework for ...

How to find which versions of the .NET Framework are installed on a PC
Check the system requirements for a Windows application and you’ll often find it needs some minimum version of Microsoft’s .NET Framework. .NET ...

Frameworks releasing 'Time Spent' EP
by Andrew Sacher photo by Shauna Hundeby Gainesville's Frameworks became one of the more promising new bands in the current wave of screamo with ...

Cisco Announces New Skills Framework to Address Evolving Technology
Internet of Things (IoT), cloud, business transformation and network programmability will influence all Cisco Career Certifications.

Google engineers craft a Dart framework for iOS and Android
The UI framework uses its own rendering engine to draw widgets

Int'l groups launch new global framework to eliminate human rabies
... the worst rabies problem. Metro Manila (CNN Philippines) – International organizations launched on Thursday (December 10) a new global framework ...

The Complex Framework Of The UN Climate Talks, Demystified
As COP21 convenes this week in Paris, this data viz breaks down all you need to know about the history, key players, and big decisions. Yesterday, ...

Angular-Meteor links JavaScript frameworks
... build system improvements and ECMAScript compliance Angular-Meteor, Meteor's technology for using the Angular and Meteor JavaScript frameworks ...