Unable to start debugging on the web server. The debugger is not registered on the web server computer. Visual Studio or the full remote debugger components must be installed on the web server!

Can somebody help me with this error message i get this when i want to debug my web application. I looked on the web many sites are talking about it but no one gives a good explanation for it. I use VS 2005, My OS is Windows XP professional 64 bits(Maybe this is the cause!) And the web prject is a Shop online. Thanks for your help!!

-1
dave4575876

I think you should register IIS with Framework 2.0;

How?

run the below command on Command Prompt.

C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\aspnet_regiis.exe -i

Hope it will work.

Regards,

Ather Ali Shaikh
Sr. System Analyst
GASCO
Abu Dhabi, UAE.
1
shaikhather
3/25/2008 4:37:09 PM

Thanks for your Answer Shaikhather,

But already Tried that solution still The same problem. Do you think my 64 bit Windows has something to do with it?

0
dave4575876

The Visual Studio 2005 runs under WOW64 on the 64 bit machine and Visual Studio 2005 uses remote debugging to connect between WOW64 and the 64-bit application on machine. To debug on the 64 bit machine, we need to make sure the remote debugging components are installed correctly.

For more information, see How to: Debug 64-Bit Applications and Debugging on a 64-Bit Platform.

If this doesn’t help you, please feel free to let me know.

I hope this helps.

Thomas Sun
Microsoft Online Community Support

Thomas
3/27/2008 9:48:46 AM

I ran into this error this week after installing Visual Studio 2008 nothing that I found on the web helped me so I created a new web application which build its own web config file, I put a couple of lines of code in page load and everything worked fine I could debug no problem

 So I transfered the created web config file to my main project and merged in our custome appsettings ect and ran the project with no issues

 Hope this helps someone

0
john734

unable to start debugger on the web server. the microsoft visual studio remote debugging monitor (MSVSMON.EXE)does not appear to be running on the remote computer
I have installed VS2005. And migrated my VS2003 application to VS2005. After resolving all the errors I get the following error when  press F5 for debugging. "unable to start debugger on the web server. the microsoft visual studio remote debugging monitor (MSVSMON.EXE)does not appear to be running on the remote computer . Please see help for assistance." Please help me before I get all my hairs fall..     Thanks in advance.   Hasham This error means that Visual Studio could not find an instance of the Remote Debugging Monitor on the remote computer. The Rem...

unable to start debugging on the web server. the web server did not respond in a timely manner. this may be because another debugger is already attached to the web server.
When i start debugging, it looks like it's going to work and the VS toolbars change to show the debugging toolbar options. However the cursor changes to the "busy" cursor and vista 'ghosts out' VS 2008 indicates that it's "not responding" in the title bar. The web browser never starts up and if you I it several minutes I get the following error: "Unable to start debugging on the web server. The web server did not respond in a timely manner. This may be because another debugger is already attached to the web server." HOWEVER, if you then im...

Unable to start debugging on the web server. The Microsoft Visual Studio Remote Debugging Monitor (MSVSMON.EXE) does not appear to be running on the remote computer.
Hi there, I have now tried to debug from my Windows XP/SP2 client, to a Windows 2003 server, running the Remote Debuggin Monitor. This does not work at all, and I keep getting this annoying error message: "Unable to start debugging on the web server. The Microsoft Visual Studio Remote Debugging Monitor (MSVSMON.EXE) does not appear to be running on the remote computer.". I have searched the Internet thin, but unable to find a suitable solution. However, if choose the option "Attach to process...", and then set the qualifier to DOMAIN\UserName@ServerName, then it works perfectly fine. So...

Unable to Start Debugging on the Web Server. the microsoft visual studio remote debugging monitor (msvsmon.exe) does not appear to be running on the remote computer. On one PC but not the other..
Here is my problem, I have two XP PC's (SP2) with VS2005 installed on them. (One is a VMware PC is that makes any difference) On the non-VMware PC I can open a web project located on a remote web server via file share and run Debug and it works as expected. On the VMware PC, doing the same thing (pointing to the same app) I run debug and I get the message box "Unable to Start Debugging on the Web Server. The microsoft visual studio remote debugging monitor (msvsmon.exe) does not appear to be running on the remote computer."  Firewall settings are the same between the two. &nb...

Error When Debugging (Unable to start debugging on the web server. Unable to connect to the web server. Varify that the web server is running and that incoming HTTP request are not blocked by a firewa
Hi, When im going to run asp.net website its giving this error. Unable to start debugging on the web server. Unable to connect to the web server. Varify that the web server is running and that incoming HTTP request are not blocked by a firewall.  please help me to solve this problem. Thank you. Pubudu  If you are running your site off of a different machine than you are developing on, you need to install and configure the Visual Studio Remote Debugger on that machine. try to change the address from http://localhost to http://yourIP...   i hope it's worked...mak...

aspx form works in Visual Studio web server but not on my main IIS web server.
Hi all,  I have a simple form that works fine in the VS local web server but when I copy the files (index.aspx, index.aspx.vb, web.config) to my IIS server I can see the form but when I click the hyperlink the form doesn't work. It is as if the .aspx can't execute the .aspx.vb page. Any ideas why this would be?  This is my first asp.net project so I am a complete novice here. Thanks.  My aspx code: <%@ Page Language="VB" AutoEventWireup="false" CodeFile="login.aspx.vb" Inherits="Default2" %> <html xmlns=...

SQL Server 2005, Visual Studio Web server vs IIS 5 / 6: logging into SQL Server
If you are writing code that involves, for example, ADO.NET transactions, be aware:1) If you are using Visual Studio 2005's internal server, this uses the Windows account of the logged in user to access SQL Server 2005. Therefore your permission settings, for example denying an insert or update, will be ignored.2) If you are using IIS 5 or 6 as your Web server, the ASPNET (IIS 5) / NETWORK SERVICE (IIS 6) account is used and so your permission settings will be acted upon.Find out the Windows account being used by running SQL Profiler when debugging.Hope this helps. ...

"Visual Studio .NET cannot create or open the application. Web site 'http://localhost/2373/Labs/Lab071' not started on this Web server. "
i wanted to create a New Project, with Visual Basic Projects as Project Type, and ASP.NET Web Application as the selected Templates. However, there was an error message pop up saying these: "Visual Studio .NET cannot create or open the application. Web site 'http://localhost/2373/Labs/Lab071' not started on this Web server. " How may i overcome it? Is 2373 already a directory in your web root? How about Labs? It might have something to do with subdirectories, have you tried creating one just off the route? Ala: http://localhost/labs071 ? You might want to try to see if tha...

Using web matrix web server with Visual Studio .NET 2003
Hello all, I am a computer system technology student and my college is a part of the MSDN Academic alliance, so I managed to recieve an educational copy of Visual Studio.NET 2003. Seeing as I am on a work term and actually have free time at night... I have decided to punish myself and learn another technology. My problem is that I am running it on a Windows XP Home edition system at home, so I cannot run IIS. I do have the professional CD, also from MSDN acdemic alliance, but, 1) I may someday use my XP Home to produce comercial solutions in HTML, PHP, JSP or other (though I'll pr...

Unable to start debugging on the web server. The web server is not configured correctly.
Hi everyone, I work on C# project (VS 2008, framework 3.5, default Web Site)  that suddenly started giving me this error : "Unable to start debugging on the web server. The web server is not configured correctly.". The web.config is set : <compilation debug="true" strict="false" explicit="true">. Any help will be greatly appreciated!     Did you try closing and then re-opening Visual Studio?Allan Horwitz Yes Hi, To better understand your issue, please confirm the following information: If we create a simple ...

Vista + Visual Studio
I have worked with Vista for the past 2 months - with no problems at all.  I get to work today (30 Janurary 2007) and all of a sudden I keep getting this error message when I open my solution. Unable to open the Web 'http://localhost/.....'. the Web Server does not appear to have the FrontPage server extensions Installed. Now, I believe MS did a patch because my computer was restarted when I got in. By Default my applications always run as administrator (I know how to change the compatibility). I also have every IIS feature installed.   I spent 4 hours working on this and s...

Unable to start debugging on the web server. The web server could not find the requested resource
Hi When i try to compile/debug my application i get this popup error. Unable to start debugging on the web server. The web server could not find the requested resource Does anybody know know how to resolve this?   Regards Macker       did you look at this article http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms165025(VS.80).aspxKumar Reddi No   But i will have a look at it and see if that fixes my problem   Thanks I had this problem in VS 2005 when the IDE was viewing an xml file.  I would press F5 to start debugging and it would show t...

Web resources about - Unable to start debugging on the web server. The debugger is not registered on the web server computer. Visual Studio or the full remote debugger components must be installed on the web server! - asp.net.visual-studio-2005

Registered share - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A Registered share is a stock that is registered on the name of the exact owner. If the owner of such a share sells his share, the new owner ...

Musicians Who Share Facebook App Get Tracks Registered With Spotify
Up-and-coming musical artists have a great incentive to share a new Facebook application from Ditto Music: If they share the app with three Facebook ...

Vevo doubles registered user count since switching to Facebook-only login; CEO hints at further integration ...
Music video service Vevo has doubled its total registered users as a result of switching to Facebook-only login and adding more personalized ...

How many registered users does NYTimes.com have?
There are some updates to this page that haven't been applied yet because you've entered some data into a form. You can refresh this page to ...

All sizes - German-registered RV in Canada - Flickr - Photo Sharing!

A Tony Baroni Luxury Exclusive: The Oldest Registered Home in Hillsborough County, Florida - YouTube
12401 Calusa Lane Thonotosassa, FL 33592 MLS# T2712012 Description: Welcome to Mimosa Groves on 5 Acres of Peaceful Paradise located on Lake ...

Debtors likely to be arrested on entry into the UAE if cases have been registered
If there are cases registered the debt must be repaid in full before the case can be cancelled.

Paris attacker was registered refugee - AdelaideNow Search Search
THE holder of a Syrian passport found near the body of one of the gunmen who died in Friday night's attacks in Paris was registered as a refugee ...

Computer consultant already registered as sex offender jailed for child pornography offences
A &quot;depraved&quot; computer consultant has been jailed for charges that included disguising a child pornography virus on schoolboys' Facebook ...