there are source files but no project file or solution file

I am working on a project, which only provides some .vb, .aspx, and other files.

But there is no solution file or project file. How can I instal them in the development environment under .net visual studio 2005?

Thanks

David

0
david2009

1. Open Web Site from VS.NET 2005 to open this folder;

2. File -> Save All after you open the folder. VS.NET will pop up a window to let you save the project.

Usually, after you save it, a .sln file will be saved to folder \Visual Studio 2005\Projects\YOURFOLDERNAME\ i f you don't change the folder for saving.

Hope it helps.

"Object reference not set to an instance of an object"
0
che3358
2/4/2009 9:16:01 PM

 In vs dot net projects and solution are saved to different directory. solutions save in that directory where you installed your VS dot net.

but if you want to save both projects and solution in the same directory you have to do this:

File > New Project

in the left side expand Other Project Types > Visual Studio Solutions

Give a name into the name textbox and choose a location to hold this solution.

then exit from the VS dot net and open the solution where you saved it.

Now expand the solution and right click on it choose Add > New Web site. you have to save this projects on the same location(select the solution name here). Then you'll see a dialog box from there you chechked the last one " create a new web site in the existing location" and press ok

Now you can find solution and your project altogether.

Please don't forget to click on "Mark as Answer" if I trust you

byeeeeeee

Khan Shafiqul Islam Murad
0
sharmoon

delete recent files and project from FILE MENU in Visual Studio 2005
Can anyone tell me how to delete recent files and project  from FILE MENU in Visual Studio 2005  in your documents there will be a folder called visual studio2005. inside that there will be  folders called project, websites. clean up those folders. i think thos will help you.  Thanks,Bel.. Hi, belvin: in your documents there will be a folder called visual studio2005. inside that there will be  folders called project, websites. clean up those folders. i think thos will help you. This action only deletes the project or project file. Because of t...

The selected file is not a valid Visual Studio solution file.
I have the VS version 7.0.9466. When i am trying to open the DotNetNuke.sln (of the new DNN2.0b1) i am getting this error. Is it because it is made with a newer version of the Visual Studio? Please help! Thank, Mike. In the documentation i haven't found anything about it. Maybe somebody from the development team can tell me? Or somebody who accually open the solution file? Tomorrow i will try with the version 7.1. Hope it will work. Open the DotNetNuke.vbproj instead of the .sln Then resave your .sln when you run it. The problem is (if you open the .sln in Notepad) t...

Remote Open Solution: The selected file is not a valid Visual Studio Solution file (but I'm running VS2003)
Trying to remotely "Open from web" any of the .sln files within DNN and getting this message: "The selected file is not a valid Visual Studio Solution file". My remote is Win XP PRO, running VS 2003 7.1.3088 with .NET Framework 1.1. 4322 (SP1). I am able to open (supposedly) the same .SLN files on my local machine, i.e. the same ones that unzipped from DNN 3.0.13 download. Server is Win2003; I have complete admin control, but don't have VS installed on it. Thanks, Neal Walters  ...

Converting HTM files to ASPX files in Visual Studio 2005
Hi,   In Visual Studio 2003, when you renamed an html file to an aspx file, Visual Studio, first prompted you to confirm you wanted to change the file extension, and then asked if you wanted to add a code page. I have tried this in Visual Studio 2005 and this no longer happens, instead I have to manually add the Page Directive and code behind file. Can anyone help as I can't seem to work out how to do this in VS2005. I have Visual Studio Professional Version 8.0.50727.42 install on Windows 2003 Server with default settings. Thanks, Jon Rename the file to aspx, add proper page dir...

the selected file is not a valid visual studio solution file-urgent
hii installed dnn ver 3.0... i want to use it with access..when i try to open the solution file it gives me this error "the selected file is not a valid visual studio solution file"i am using vs.net 2002pls respondas to what i can do to proceedthanks I do not believe that MS Access is supported as a back end database under DNN 3.x. If you truly want to use Access you will have to use DNN 2.x. There is a free, as in beer, database solution for DNN 3.x called "MSDE". If you look in the DNN documentation it will give you a source to download it from Microsoft. so installing and run...

to file:// or not to file://
(Firefox 1.5.0.6) I'm having trouble with HTML Anchors (links) using the file: protocol. The URL I'm trying to get at looks something like this file://///Host.Domain/Share/Dir1/Dir2/File.Ext If I click on the link, /nothing/ happens but, if I "Copy Link Location" and paste exactly the same thing into the "address bar" in FireFox, FireFox is perfectly happy to show me the file. Why the difference? Am I tripping over some security restriction here? Any suggestions? TIA, Phill W. Phill W. wrote: > (Firefox 1.5.0.6) > I'm ...

"The selected file is not a valid Visual Studio solution file" error when opening solution from remote webserver
Hi all, This is my first post here. I have a problem I can not find the solution for. When I open a VS .NET solution file from a remote webserver (VMWare, Windows 2003 Standard) in VS.NET 2003, I get the error mentioned in the subject. When I open the same file from a local folder, it opens just fine (it's the DotNetNuke 3.0.13 solution file). I also have no problem creating a new webproject from VS.NET on the same (virtual) server, and edit and create new files in that solution / project. Any ideas why this happens?The reason I wan't to use the VMWare solution is that I'm not allowed to...

How can I run a .aspx file from .vb file in visual studio.net ?
Hello,     I want to make a Vb.net program which can run an .aspx file whenever a new flash file is put into the directory.  I already finish the IO.FileSystemWatcher part.  But when I detect a new file is put into the folder, how can I activate a .aspx program from vb.net . Robert Chu...

Error meessage when openning file
hey, we are "green" at ASP.net, and we have an issue when trying to open an asp.net project that was created in another computer. please asist ASAP, since we are stucked with no idea for sovling this issue.   Thanks, Moshe and Noa. an asp.net project file opened in another computer needs to point to the same URL that when it was created: if it was in, for example, http://localhost/test the new computer will have to have a virtual directory with the name of 'test' and point to where the solution file is.  "Never argue with an idiot; He will drag you down to his level ...

How to open Classified starter key in visual studio 2005--solution file not present in the project
Dear All, I have download and install the Classified  starter but i am not able to find the solution file. its store in this location as a zip file C:\Documents and Settings\galaxy\My Documents\Visual Studio 2005\Templates\ProjectTemplates\Visual Web Developer\VisualBasic\class_final_vb when i unzip this folder i am not able to find the solution file so i am not able to open this project. how i do it?  hiin order to open Classified starter kit you need to unzip file at specific location.At time of Unzip you should specified that location.for example   c:\asp.net\class_f...

Keeping Solution File with project files
Where is the setting to keep the solution files in the same directory as the project files?  If I create an ASP.NET application using the File System, it create the folder and then another folder with (2) after it.  If I use http, then it puts the project files in the wwwroot folder and creates the solution files in my vs2005 folder.I looked in the Options under projects and solutions but did not see it.  I could have sworn it was somewhere in there.  I am using VS2005 RC bits.  This isn't a big deal but for easy file management, I would like all the files in the sam...

Have the solution file and project files at the same folder
Hi,  when I create a new project in Visual Studio 2008,for e.g if I create a project WebApp1 in C:/Inetpub/wwwroot folder C:/Inetpub/wwwroot/WebApp1/                                     -WebApp1(has all project files,.aspx,.aspx.cs files)                              &...

VS.NET Whidbey on LH; No File/New/Project nor File/New/Solution
I've installed Longhorn, then VS.NET Whidbey (from the Whidbey DVD); then the MSDN Library for Whidbey; then the Longhorn SDK. When I open VS.NET the only File menu option I get for creating anything is New File ... A little lower on the File menu is New Web Site ... But no File/New/Project or Solution? Is there an install or configuration option I missed? As my understanding in alpha it is not there. But you can create a "new solution"!Sreedharhttp://www.w3coder.orgweblog http://weblogs.asp.net/skoganti What profile did you apply when you installed? You may want to ...

installing files for complex script and right to left languages(control panel) from Visual studio 2005 or visual studio 2008 setup project
I know how to install files for complex script and right to left languages from control panel manually.But i want to install these files for complex script and right to left languages(control panel) from Visual studio 2005 or visual studio 2008 setup project (windows Application).  Plz re write the query,..it is almost impossible to understand...Please mark as answer if it helped u! go to control panel --> REgional languages options--> Laguages tab--> Suppliment Language Support option-->   Here there is check box for installing complex script and right to left l...

Web resources about - there are source files but no project file or solution file - asp.net.visual-studio-2005

Solution - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In chemistry , a solution is a homogeneous mixture composed of only one phase . In such a mixture, a solute is a substance dissolved in another ...

A solution for struggling economies
Internal devaluations such as wage cuts can help crisis-hit economies, but only if supported by accommodative monetary policies.

Syrian President Bashar al-Assad's participation necessary to find peaceful solution
The West doesn't have a good track record in toppling Middle Eastern dictators. Bashar al-Assad is part of the solution to defeating Islamic ...

Clive Palmer unveils same-sex marriage 'solution'
Palmer United Party leader Clive Palmer has a solution to same-sex marriage debate - take marriage away from the government and give it to the ...

New glasses promise a solution to colour blindness
The inventors of a brand of glasses called EnChroma say they have found a fix to colour blindness that is helping to bring the colour back into ...

Apple acknowledges issue with iPad Pros, but no solution yet
... your iPad Pro up as new or restored it from a backup. In a brief support document , Apple has acknowledged the problem. So far, the only solution ...

With traffic fatalities rising, safety officials see tech as cause and solution
(credit: Jason Weaver ) The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) released numbers on Tuesday showing a slight decrease in ...

Dell announces Datacenter Scalable Solutions server line
... as oil and gas, and research institutions. Dell hopes to meet the unique needs of companies in these fields with its Datacenter Scalable Solutions ...

What Is the Free-Market Solution to a Liquidity Trap? Higher Inflation!
[**Over at Equitable Growth**][2]: Two seventeen-year old quotes from [Paul Krugman](http://www.brookings.edu/~/media/projects/bpea/1998%202 ...

The 7 best solutions to make sure your phone and laptop never run out of battery again
... laptop can be a huge hassle, especially when you're traveling this holiday season. Luckily there are many innovative people working on solutions ...