Sending Email with Net.Mail (No Email, no error)

hi,
i'm using the system.net.Mail namespace to send an email from my application. when i send, the application does not fire any exception, neither does it send the email to my account.
below is the code i'm using

Dim mmailMessage As New Net.Mail.MailMessage
        Dim mFrom As New Net.Mail.MailAddress(mailFrom)
        mmailMessage.From = mFrom
        Dim ll As String = "myname@ourmail.com"
        mmailMessage.To.Add(ll)
        mmailMessage.Subject = "Talk Concerns"
        mmailMessage.Body = "Testing Concerns One Two"
        Dim sm As New Net.Mail.SmtpClient
        sm.Host = "mail.ourMailserver.com"
        Dim myCred As New Net.NetworkCredential("myName", "***")
        sm.UseDefaultCredentials = False
        sm.Credentials = myCred
        sm.Send(mmailMessage)

note:
i used to send with the system.web namespace and it never put up such a behavior; in fact, i have an app in .net 1.1 that send mails to my inbox without a fuss.
please help

Ps:

i honestly don't know if this is the right forum, all the forums seem so the sameEmbarrassed, i don't know where to post this

0
swapo

try to see these:

http://blogs.msdn.com/darrenj/archive/2003/10/22/51984.aspx

http://community.sgdotnet.org/forums/thread/21676.aspx

0
Jasson_King
9/7/2006 6:46:58 AM

hi,

thanx for your reply.

i tried all the links and suggestions and my problem is still not solved.

the system does not fire any error; neither do i receive any email!! very frustrating.

also, i don't have access to the exchange server (to check its logs; as someone suggested)

currently, i'm being forced to use a .net 1.1 application for that aspect of my code.... how disappointing for such a believer in the .net 2.0

i hope someone helps me out

thanx

0
swapo
9/7/2006 9:05:03 AM
Hi swapo maybe you can find an answer for your problem here. http://geekswithblogs.net/cubeberg/articles/78704.aspx
0
Zorthgo

Sending Email through System.Net.Mail is generating errors "Failure Sending mail
hi Sending Email through System.Web.Mail is working fine but System.Net.Mail is generating errors "Failure Sending mail  i treid in all possible ways but did't  pls help in giving a solution thanks & Regards vittal Maybe you can show us some code and post the exact error mesg as well (by looking at the value in ex.tostring)?My HomePage - www.findingsteve.net"It is more blessed to give than to receive." Acts 20: 35 (NIV, Bible)Progress - "Never discourage anyone...who continually makes progress, no matter how slow." Plato System.Web.Ma...

Sending mails with Net.Mail: no Email, No Error
hi,i'm using the system.net.Mail namespace to send an email from my application. when i send, the application does not fire any exception, neither does it send the email to my account.below is the code i'm using  Dim mmailMessage As New Net.Mail.MailMessage Dim mFrom As New Net.Mail.MailAddress(mailFrom) mmailMessage.From = mFrom Dim ll As String = "myname@ourmail.com" mmailMessage.To.Add(ll) mmailMessage.Subject = "Talk Concerns" mmailMessage.Body = "Testing Concerns One Two" Dim sm As...

Sending an Email with system.net.mail -- problem with strings and body of the email.
Hi,I am trying to email the contents of a contact form such that the email body looks like this:Last name: Smith First name: John Comment: Test comment. I am using the MailMessage object.I am storing the textbox values in strings://assign values from form to variables   string first = textboxFirst.Text;   string last = textboxLast.Text;   string comment = textboxComment.Text;and then combining the strings into one string for my MaiMessage.Body property.  //create message body from textbox variables     string message = "Last Name: "  + l...

Error Sending Email from .NET
Hey there.Ive made a signup script that authenticates users email by sending an activation code to their email address. The problem im getting is the following...The server rejected one or more recipient addresses. The server response was: 503 This mail server requires authentication. Please check your mail client settings. Now Ive been told this can be sorted via settings on the server but Ive emailed my hosting providers and they cant/wont change these settings... so is there any way I can get around this from within ASP.NETI would really appreciate any and all suggestions. Many Regards ...

Send an email by Visual Web Developer (Visual Basic .NET)
Hi,  WorldI'm trying send an email to confirm information completed by the user to his email , por exampleUser Name , : Jorge City: Trujillo email: camposrafael@hotmail.comI need send his username and his city to his email when I press send button in my webapplication but my problem is to setup the SMTP Server bacause I'm using the user SMTP Server , but I need use my SMTP server  , please help me...

from Visual Studio .NET to Visual studio 2005 (VB)
Good evening, i hame one quistion about diffrenece Visual studio 2005 and older version.In Visual studio .NET to work with table from data base i do next steps:1. Create new connection to data base in data explorer2. Push my table from data explorer to my form, and master automatically create two components (SqlConnection and SqlDataAdapter)3. Add to from new object - Dataset for transering data to client application (i amke a web service) and execute command from menu Data | Generate DataSet, then in Dialog box i Add this dataset to the designerThat's itThe quistion is how to do this st...

Sending Email with System.Net.Mail
I Wants to Send Email using System.Net.Mail without editing / Adding New Tag in web.config.How can i set Host in cs file.  Thanks & Regards,Mac try the following linkds dotnetslackers.com/Community/blogs/haissam/archive/2007/03/19/Sending-Email-Using-System.Net.Mail.aspx weblogs.asp.net/scottgu/archive/2005/12/10/432854.aspx aspnet.4guysfromrolla.com/articles/072606-1.aspx  using System;using System.Web.Mail;using System.Data;using System.Data.SqlClient;using System.IO;using System.Configuration;/// <summary>/// Summary description for EmailClass/// </sum...

Web resources about - Sending Email with Net.Mail (No Email, no error) - asp.net.visual-studio-2005

Sending/receiving relationship - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A sending/receiving relationship is one in which a public school district sends some or all of its students to attend the schools of another ...

CHVRCHES - Dear guys, Please stop sending us emails like... - Facebook
Dear guys, Please stop sending us emails like this. This is one of the more polite ones. Other recent classics include "I'm going to give her ...

Facebook Sending Perez Hilton More Traffic than Google, Driving 3.3% of All US Traffic to Video Sites ...
For media companies evaluating their Facebook marketing strategy , here’s an interesting sign of the times: web analytics firm Hitwise is reporting ...

A better experience for sending Tweets and DMs - Twitter Blog
... panel New Tweet panel in da...... Skip to main content Blog Got an account? Sign in Search form Search &nbsp A better experience for sending ...

How to Go From Working 60 Hours a Week to 40 By Sending 2 Emails a Week
I’m convinced 95% of cubicle workers who work over 60 hours a week constantly can cut it down to 40-45 hours by sending 2 emails a week to their ...

Live Emoji - sending GIF Animation Emoji for Zoosk,Skype,Kik,Whatsapp,Facebook Messenger Etc. on the ...
Get Live Emoji - sending GIF Animation Emoji for Zoosk,Skype,Kik,Whatsapp,Facebook Messenger Etc. on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, ...

Cynthia McKinney - responds to Obama on sending troops into Afghanistan - Debate Answer - YouTube
Cynthia McKinney, Green Party Presidential candidate, responds to Barack Obama on his support for sending troops into Afghanistan. Based on his ...

Great-grandmother 'would die' before sending kids to Italy
Great-grandmother 'would die' before sending kids to Italy