Remove databinding from textbox in webform using vb.net

Tongue Tied Environment:

Visual Studio 2005

asp.net 2.0

vb.net 2005

I have a webform with a textbox that is bound to an sql server datbase field with the the following databinding:  bind("fieldname")

Based on and event, which in this case is a change of an itemselected in dropdownlist outside the webform, I need to disable, clear, remove, or otherwise disengage the databinding on my textbox.

I've tried:  textbox.databindings.clear but apparently that doesn't work with webforms.

Suggestions very welcome.

Officewonk

0
officewonk

Visible="False" ???

Programming - You're doing it all wrong..
0
JeanT
3/17/2009 12:33:24 PM

 Once you bind the data with TextBox u can't remove that binding. If you are using DataTable then modify your datatable before firing event or u can modify ur sql quiry.

0
dmabid
3/17/2009 12:34:53 PM

Maybe set the textBox to be readonly so it cannot be altered.

C# <---> VB.Net Translator
0
MetalAsp

from Visual Studio .NET to Visual studio 2005 (VB)
Good evening, i hame one quistion about diffrenece Visual studio 2005 and older version.In Visual studio .NET to work with table from data base i do next steps:1. Create new connection to data base in data explorer2. Push my table from data explorer to my form, and master automatically create two components (SqlConnection and SqlDataAdapter)3. Add to from new object - Dataset for transering data to client application (i amke a web service) and execute command from menu Data | Generate DataSet, then in Dialog box i Add this dataset to the designerThat's itThe quistion is how to do this st...

Using Visual Studio.NET 2005 with .NET Framework 1.1
I'm wondering how easy it is to use Visual Studio.NET 2005 to develop with the .NET Framework 1.1. The 2005 IDE is superior to the VS 2003 IDE (especially in terms of HTML editing), and I would like to switch over in the future. However, my project is not quite ready to be converted to .NET 2.0. Can anyone direct me to an article on this or have any advice? Thanks, Allen K. There are 10 types of people in this world: those that understand binary and those that don't. Did you get an answer to this one? I would like to know the same..Thanks! The VS 2005 IDE was created to...

Why Visual Studio 2005 ask me to convert a solution already got converted Somebody did the conversion of a solution from .net 1.1 to .net 2.0 by using the automatic conversion wizard of Visual Stu
Why Visual Studio 2005 ask me to convert a solution already got converted Somebody did the conversion of a solution from .net 1.1 to .net 2.0 by using the automatic conversion wizard of Visual Studio 2005. Then, he changed to another company. Now, I take over his job. Unfortunately, when I attempted to open that solution, Visual Studio 2005 prompted me the conversion wizard again to forced me to perform a conversion on the solution. Does someone know why?--Harish Patel www.MicrosoftSQLandASP.netpatelharish@gmail.com Hi, How many projects are in the solution, does it have UNLOADE...

Visual Studio.Net and VB.Net
Can we install VS.Net and VB.Net on the same machine and work side by. Is there any thing I need to worry about? I use VS.Net enterprise for my office work and I am planning to buy VB.Net standard for my personal use. Before I goahead and buy, I wanted to make sure that it works. Thanks for your help. Anil...

Visual Studio.NET VB.NET Edition for DNN?
I have been plugging along using the Handcoded method for Module Development up to this point and although I have been successful I'd like to possibly make the jump up to Visual Studio. I was looking at Microsot's Website and there is a VB.Net only version that lists for only $109 vs. the $1000+ for the full fleged Professional Edition. Is it possible to adequately develop for the DNN platform using this trimmed down (VB.NET only) version of Visual Studio 2003? The VB.NET 2003 package is more than adequate for DDN moodules or full-blown ASP.NET applications. Highly recommended... mi...

Visual Studio .Net? Visual Basic .Net?

Visual Basic.NET or Visual Studio.NET?

Web resources about - Remove databinding from textbox in webform using vb.net - asp.net.visual-studio-2005

javascript - Databinding in angularjs - Stack Overflow
Could someone explain to me how databinding works in the AngularJS framework? I haven't found technical details on their site. It's more or less ...

Styling and DataBinding Silverlight 4.0 ListBox
... for each item in the list Interaction - what happened when users interact with the ListBox and controls – mouse over effects etc. DataBinding ...

Windows Presentation Foundation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Developed by Microsoft , the Windows Presentation Foundation (or WPF ) is a computer-software graphical subsystem for rendering user interfaces ...

Tomsondev Blog - My Company
... in Austria an across Europe, providing ... Tomsondev Blog Tom's opensource development My Company About Me Posts Announcements Databinding EMF ...

Tigraine
Daniel Hoelbling talks about programming Home Articles About me Articles Over the years I accumulated a number of (at least sometimes) useful ...

Building an Web application from the inside out; Using node.js to bootstrap a server from client JS
Over the winter holiday , Ben and I whipped together Project Appetite , an open source example that consumes the feeds from the Palm application ...

Microsoft announces Silverlight 5 beta will launch first half 2011
In a keynote presentation at the Silverlight Firestarter event this morning, Corporate Vice President in Microsoft's developer division, Scott ...

Blue Spire - Products
Caliburn.Micro A small, yet powerful framework designed for WPF, Silverlight and Windows Phone 7, Caliburn.Micro makes developing maintainable, ...

Silverlight - Blackboard
Silverlight is a development platform for creating rich media applications and business applications for the Web, desktop, and mobile devices.Microsoft ...

Latest Updates
Latest Updates - Free source code and tutorials for Software developers and Architects.; Updated: 15 Feb 2013