problem with a web project I added as an "existing web site"

I've got a nettiers (DAL) solution that has 5 sub projects in it.  Each with their own dependencies.

I copied a web site project into the root of the tree, then said "Add Existing Web Project".  Somehow, when I rebuild, that project gets skipped.

My question is how can I make my web project a first class project in the solution so that when I say "refernece other project" the dependencies automatically work (that is, move dll's into the bin of this web project) and of course I want that project to rebuild right along with the rest.

Thanks!

Peter Kellner
http://73rdstreet.com and blogging at
http://PeterKellner.net
MVP, ASP.NET
0
pkellner

Difference between "Visual Studio 2005 Professional" and "Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition"
I would like to build a web application for my department.  But I found that both tools can be used to build a ASP web site.  What is the difference between these two tools ?  Do they function the same ?  You can review this online features matrix between all visual studio versionshttp://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/vstudio/aa700921.aspx  Hosam Kamel Remember to click on Mark as answer on the post that helped you Have a look here http://blogs.msdn.com/mikhailarkhipov/archive/2006/06/26/647516.aspx. Thanks----------------------------------------------------------...

Upgrading from "Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition Beta 2" to "Visual Studio 2005 Beta 2"
Newby question: I am learning ASP.NET and downloaded "Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition Beta 2" in order to practice and learn the ropes.I just received "Visual Studio 2005 Beta 2" and would like to upgrade. However, I haven't found any reference to removing "Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition Beta 2" before installing "Visual Studio 2005 Beta 2".Should I remove it?What do I need to back up before doing so?Thanks in advance,Ira I believe you can install VS on top of VWD. They, in fact, can coexits (although they will share some files).Thanks----------------------------------...

Visual Studio "Orcas" Visual Studio.net "2005"
What are Microsoft on weed??? Whidby Orcas Indigo XAML Longhorn What are they trying to do to us developers. The transition to any new tools should be minimal. What we know about WebServices is now old bunk. Why did we bother with .net 1.1???????? Now we need to learn new silly names and new ways of doing things. Yes .net 1.1 is still supported in v2.0. But there are a million and one other needless things that we will have pushed onto us. Only to find in anther two years that they are old hat and there are new radical ways to do what we want.MCAD.Net vb.n...

"Visual Studio .NET cannot create or open the application. Web site 'http://localhost/2373/Labs/Lab071' not started on this Web server. "
i wanted to create a New Project, with Visual Basic Projects as Project Type, and ASP.NET Web Application as the selected Templates. However, there was an error message pop up saying these: "Visual Studio .NET cannot create or open the application. Web site 'http://localhost/2373/Labs/Lab071' not started on this Web server. " How may i overcome it? Is 2373 already a directory in your web root? How about Labs? It might have something to do with subdirectories, have you tried creating one just off the route? Ala: http://localhost/labs071 ? You might want to try to see if tha...

Web application project or Web site project which is "better"?
Hi,We are a bit confused as to which web project type is best to use.Currently we have a number of large projects in the old style with .vbproj files. These have been upgraded to VS2008 web application projects. Compilation seems slower of upgraded projects than created from scratch web site projects. I do get the impression MS is pushing the new style format for future releases.What are the advantages/disadvantages of the new web site project?Where do references get stored in the new style project?Where do the control declarations get hidden in partial classes?Thanks, Alex ...

How to change "File System" web site to "HTTP" Web site
I created a new web site as file based "File System". How can I change this same site to "HTTP" based web site. When createing a new website notice the Location pulldown box contains 3 options (File System, HTTP, FTP) But I do not see how to change my "File System" web site to "HTTP" when the project is alredy created and open. Please advise!! Well, you can open IIS, create a new website. Set its home directory to the Web folder of your site. Then go and create a new project using http. I don't really think you can convert between File Syst...

How to uninstall "Visual Studio 2005 Web Application Project Preview"
How to uninstall "Visual Studio 2005 Web Application Project Preview" Go to Control Panel / Add-Remove Programs. -- Bash This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights....

The new "Visual Studio 2005 Web Application Projects (RC1)"
are there any further readme's or instructions on how to use the new features in this package?  Some of the features sound interesting but I don't know where to find them in vs.thanks,http://msdn.microsoft.com/asp.net/reference/infrastructure/wap/default.aspxPeter Kellnerhttp://73rdstreet.com and blogging athttp://PeterKellner.netMVP, ASP.NET Did you check out Scott Guthrie's blog post here?http://weblogs.asp.net/scottgu/archive/2006/04/05/442032.aspxHe has tons of links to additional info as well.Darrell Norton, MVPDarrell Norton's BlogPlease mark this post as answered if it help...

"visual web developer does not support creating web sites on a Sharepoint Web Server"
I get this message when I try to create a web site using VS2005 using HTTP, not the file system. "visual web developer does not support creating web sites on a Sharepoint Web Server". Anyone know how to fix this?  Thanks Added info for the above post:I am running Windows XP locally and simply am trying to create a web site in VS2005 using HTTP.  I am not using Visual Web Developer, nor do I have it installed on my machine.The error message mentions Visual Web Developer, so I wanted to clarify that I'm running VS2005 and not VWD.Thanks This is the third report I've s...

"Unable to start debugging" error starting a web site in Visual Studio 2005
I have been using .NET 2.0 and Visual Studio 2005. Today I tried to create and run a web site in VIsual Studio 2008. It would not run and gave me the following error: "Unable to start debugging on the web server. Unable to connect to the web server. Verify that the web server is running and that incoming HTTP request are not blocked by a firewall." After changing a few things on that new web site in IIS 6.0 without success, I went back to my old VS 2005 web sites that were running fine. Now, they all give me that error when I try to run them. It seems that .NET 2.0 was corru...

Error: "Unable to connect to Visual Studio's Localhost Web Server" when running a local web project
I get the above error when I try to run my project.  Any ideas what the configuration of the computer needs to be in order to run VS2005's local web server? Ok, the problem is that I apparently don't have the executable on my machine.  Does anyone know how I can reinstall this executable?  I've tried to repair my .NET studio installation, but no luck. I got same proplem , did you solve it ? if you .. please help me Thanks Top Systems Inc.Coding ServicesBooks Download I accidentally hit my firewall program to block the web server application.  When I fig...

Visual Studio 2005 Profiler "Launch Error: The web.config file xxx\web.config has been changed and backup information was lost."
Hi,  I am experiencing this error when trying to start a Visual Studio 2005 profiling session (Instrumentation) for my ASP.NET 2.0 web application.  I could not find any information regarding this issue and have no idea what might cause the problem, as the Visual Studio 2005 profiler already worked with that very same application, a couple of weeks ago. Anyone? Thanks in advance! Hello, Can you tell me if you found a solution for the issue because I'm experimenting the same issue ? Thanks !...

Publishing "Personal Web Site Starter Kit", Visual Web Developer 2005 on IIS 5.1 in Windows XP 2002 sp2
Dear IIS GurusI am trying to publish the "Personal Web Site Starter Kit" provided as an example with "Visual Web Developer 2005"  as a Virtual Directory on IIS 5.1. I host IIS 5.1 on my development mashine running Windows XP professional 2002 with service pack 2.On browsing the virtual directory I get the following error message: "Server Application Unavailable The web application you are attempting to access on this web server is currently unavailable.  Please hit the "Refresh" button in your web browser to retry your request. Administrator Note: An error message detailing th...

error message: "Visual Studio .NET cannot create the application <application>. The likeliest problem is that required components are not installed on the local Web server."
after enabling ssl using iis certificate services, creating and installing server and client certificates; i encountered this message when i try to reopen the project in vs 2003. how to work with ssl web apps in vs.net. please reply asap......

Web resources about - problem with a web project I added as an "existing web site" - asp.net.visual-studio-2005