Parse text file to import into xml or mdb file, for crystal report generation.

HI! I have a txt file that looks like this:

**START TRANSACTION
Clerk Number=    2
Clerk Initials=BAB
Comment=
Vendor Number=2
Vendor Code=OFFICESUPP
Vendor Name=******
Vendor Phone=
***Vendor Mailing City/State/Zip=Jackson, WY  90802
Vendor Phone #2=
Vendor Shipping Address=
Vendor Shipping City=
Vendor Shipping State=
Vendor Shipping Zip=

Payment Loop - Name=Check
Payment Loop - Date=09/13/07
Payment Loop - Amount=744.24
Payment Loop - Reference={06/01} 99003
Register Number=1
Shipping Charge=0.00
Store Number=1
Tax Table=O
Invoice Number=
**START LINE ITEM
*Matrix Code=OS
Stock Number=19
Product Code=0010395875839
Description=Steno Notebook Yellow
Class=OS
Manufacturer=Steno
Vendor Part Number=10395875839
Quantity Ordered=10
Quantity Received=10
Quantity Back Ordered=0
Quantity On Order=10
Cost=0.47
Order Unit=
List Price=1.18
Base Price=0.94
Department=OFF
Category=NOTE
Location=1A00
Extended Description=Steno Notebook Yellow-6X9 50 Pg
Weight=0
Tax Code=T
Comment=
Order Multiplier=1
**END LINE ITEM
**START LINE ITEM
*Matrix Code=OS
Stock Number=20
Product Code=00230920357
Description=Steno Notebook White
Class=OS
Manufacturer=Steno
Vendor Part Number=230920357
Quantity Ordered=10
Quantity Received=10
Quantity Back Ordered=0
Quantity On Order=10
Cost=0.69
Order Unit=
List Price=1.73
Base Price=1.38
Department=OFF
Category=NOTE
Location=1A00
Extended Description=Steno Notebook White-6X9 50 Pg
Weight=0
Tax Code=T
Comment=
Order Multiplier=1
**END LINE ITEM

 I need to parse this so that it takes the vendor/customer's info on top of file makes them into single item and then loops through the LINE ITEMs until eof is reached. Need to parse it into an XML file or access file. Any help is appreciated.

0
msalazar

 Hi msalazar,

You need to be able to parse the file based on the particular format,  you should assure every item has the special delimiter to distinguish every item.

Please check the following link.

http://bytes.com/answers/net/506983-parse-text-file-export-xml-file-using-c

http://www.experts-exchange.com/Programming/Languages/.NET/Visual_Basic.NET/Q_23344018.html

You can use Dom to insert the resolved data into xml.

http://www.codeproject.com/KB/cpp/xmldom_and_net_framework.aspx

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/317662

Sincerely,
Hua Jun Li
Hua

Generate XML Documentation File with Visual Studio 2005 Standard Edition
Can anyone tell me if provide me if "Generate XML Documentation File" is enabled in the compilation tab for Visual Studio 2005 Standard Edition?  Especially I would like to know this for Web developing. With Web Application Projects installed on Trial Professional Edition it is. I am very curious if this also applies on Standard Edition. Yup, its there in Standard. No difference on that side between standard and pro. The differences are mostly database tools, crystal reports and such. Thank you for you quick reply!...

Access to the path "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET\Crystal Reports\Viewers" is denied.
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET\Crystal Reports\Viewers" is denied. The ASP.NET process is not authorized to access the requested resource. For security reasons the default ASP.NET process identity is '{machinename}\ASPNET', which has limited privileges. Consider granting access rights to the...

Error found "Access to the path "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET\Crystal Reports\Viewers" is denied. "
Hi guys! i'm trying to solve the error "Err Msg: "Object reference not set to an instance of an object" in ASP.NET app" but when i followed the instructions in the http://community.crystaldecisions.com/library/kbase/articles/c2011144.asp link, this error appeared ""Access to the path "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET\Crystal Reports\Viewers" is denied. " What's going on? i already went to the iis to add new virtual directory (CrystalReportWebFormViewer) but different error appeared when i compile and browse my application. pls help ...

convert crystal reports to text file(i.e .txt file)
 I have the problem to convert crystal reports to text file(i.e .txt file).Pls help in this one....

Converting HTM files to ASPX files in Visual Studio 2005
Hi,   In Visual Studio 2003, when you renamed an html file to an aspx file, Visual Studio, first prompted you to confirm you wanted to change the file extension, and then asked if you wanted to add a code page. I have tried this in Visual Studio 2005 and this no longer happens, instead I have to manually add the Page Directive and code behind file. Can anyone help as I can't seem to work out how to do this in VS2005. I have Visual Studio Professional Version 8.0.50727.42 install on Windows 2003 Server with default settings. Thanks, Jon Rename the file to aspx, add proper page dir...

.net 2005 Crystal report has no .cs file
In .net 2005, when I add a Crystal report (add new item) to my project I do not get the class (.cs) file for the report.  In .net 2003 this was happening automatically - is 2005 different?  I see the "place code in seperate file" checkbox at create-time, but it is dimmed and not checkable.My driver class needs to instantiate my report but can't - plus, I don't see how it could without an associated class.  Does someone have any sugggestions?Thanks,Jay hi. I am crystal report. in visual studio 2008, when i add a crytal report to my project don't accura crytal report ....

Parsing XML file with VB.net 2005
Please help!! :)  I am trying to find a way to parse the following XML file. The problem I'm running into (I think) is that the fields have spaces in their name (i.e. Page ImportFileName).  I tried to do this with ASP about a year ago and didn't have any luck.  Now I'm trying to do it with VB.NET.  Any help is appreciated.  My current code is below the XML file.  Thanks!! Robert Lewis <PERMSBatchExport><Batch Name="100044 - dmw 349543783 1:17:51 PM eid:1508" CreationUserID="CPPSB019D" CreationDateTime="2004-04-13 15:46:56" CreationSiteName="IL_8ATAA"&...

How can I run a .aspx file from .vb file in visual studio.net ?
Hello,     I want to make a Vb.net program which can run an .aspx file whenever a new flash file is put into the directory.  I already finish the IO.FileSystemWatcher part.  But when I detect a new file is put into the folder, how can I activate a .aspx program from vb.net . Robert Chu...

delete recent files and project from FILE MENU in Visual Studio 2005
Can anyone tell me how to delete recent files and project  from FILE MENU in Visual Studio 2005  in your documents there will be a folder called visual studio2005. inside that there will be  folders called project, websites. clean up those folders. i think thos will help you.  Thanks,Bel.. Hi, belvin: in your documents there will be a folder called visual studio2005. inside that there will be  folders called project, websites. clean up those folders. i think thos will help you. This action only deletes the project or project file. Because of t...

How to use Crystal Reports.Net with Visual Studio 2005?
Hi. I am new user of visual 2005 and crystal report.net. I will appriciate if someone can answer my question. 1. Can I use Crystal Report.Net came with Visual Studio 2005 to deploy web application? 2. Can someone provide simple sample code asp.net 2.0 application in VB to implement crystal report (using pubs table in sql 2000 or sql 2005). That is, to show crystal report page of "select top 20 * from employee (pubs db)" 3. Do I have to have report designer to develop crystal report page? 4. Can I use crystal report.net for production use? (licensing) 5. Is it limited or unlim...

Problem with opening .Hxs file from visual studio.net 2005
Hi, I am evaluating the " Innovasys help studio lite" help authoring tool and I am trying to integrate it with visual studio 2005 application(mean when pressed F1/F2/F3 it shuld do required operations). I am not able to open the .Hxs (microsoft compiled help storage file) genarated by the Innovasys tool, outside the tool and even from visual studio.net. Is there anything else I need to do to open the .Hxs file. I tried to register to h2reg to open the .Hxs file but I am not able to register. Could somebody please help me with this issue. I am not sure VS is designed to open those files. I...

Why Crystal Report Help is Not Included in Visual Studio.Net 2005
 Hi,1.  Why Crystal Report Help is Not Included in Visual Studio.Net 2005 2. I Have Written a Formula For Count in Reports i.  My Formula intializes in report Header ii. Then as My Condition is Working in Detail  alsoiii. Then i am Showing The Result in Footer  But I Want To Display The Result in Header is That Possible Thanks ...

Can we generate crystal reports programmatically using embedded crystal reports designer in visual studio ide?
I have a requirement like i have to generate crystal report based on the user's requirements during runtime?Can u suggest me how to do?...

Is there a way to dynamically generate crystal reports using embedded crystal report viewer in visual studio ide?
I have to generate the crystal report during runtime.Can  u tell me the procedure how to do?Code is appreciated. Yes, its a little tricky but I posted here on it: http://forums.asp.net/t/1205388.aspx.  You lay out the report how you want but the data is supplied dynamically.   Eric Is there a way to generate report without using layout report before hand? Not that I'm aware of with CR.  Its not really a full SDK to develop with.  There are 3rd party reporting programs that can do this though I believe. Can u tell me some third party reporting programs a...

Web resources about - Parse text file to import into xml or mdb file, for crystal report generation. - asp.net.visual-studio-2005

History of video game consoles (fourth generation) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In the history of computer and video games , the fourth generation (more commonly referred to as the 16-bit era ) of games consoles began on ...

Poll: What features do you want to see in the next-generation Apple Watch 2?
If Apple only includes one new standout feature on its second-generation Apple Watch next year, what should it be? We already asked you if you’re ...

Why Are We Disappointed in the Next Generation?
... or choose to learn the hard way. Standard parenting stuff. Those are the same complaints my mother had. When it comes to the younger generation, ...

PSA: Get all three current-generation consoles for $570
... available on the other two. For those gamers, GameStop has an online deal that means you don't have to choose. The new Pre-owned Next Generation ...

Santa brought you a 4th generation Apple TV? Here's what to do first
As far as I'm concerned, Apple won 2015 feel free to disagree. According to yours truly, the privacy-focused company holds the crowns for best ...

Enter to win the 4th generation Apple TV!
... a television personal assistant…wait, actually, that last one’s within reach. Enter our latest giveaway for a chance to win the fourth generation ...

The incredible career J.J. Abrams: How the 49-year-old 'Star Wars' director became this generation's ...
J.J. Abrams has established himself as the king of the nerds and creator of blockbuster hits. The 49-year-old director, writer, and producer ...

UNESCO and Panasonic Launch Educational Support Programs for the Next Generation in Off-Grid Communities ...
UNESCO and Panasonic Corporation launch educational support programs for the next generation in off-grid communities in Myanmar and donate 500 ...

Snapchat is going to reach a billion users thanks to “Gen-S” — the smartphone generation
... is going to reach a billion users, challenging Facebook, YouTube, and mainstream media, for the attention of “Gen-S” — the smartphone generation. ...

Cartoon: A long time ago, generations far, far away...