Need Help in configuring APS.NET 2.0

I am getting the following message after I create a web services using Visual C#

The site http://localhost/testWeb1 has not been configured for use with ASP.NET 2. Microsoft Visual Studio has been designed to use ASP.NET 2; If not configured some functions may make incorrect , an page designed with the tool may not render correctly.   Would you like the site to be configured now. I click the yes radio button. However, I get the message confiuguring website http:/localhost/testWeb1 failed. You may need to manually configure the site for ASP.NET 2.0 in order for your wite to run correctly. I created a Web Service project. I do not have a clue what the message is telling me. I would appreciate some insight into this problem. Thanks.

0
rxminor

When you right click on the Virtual Folder (testWeb1) in IIS and click on the properties. You will see a Tab called asp.net. When clicking on this tab you can specify the version number. Set this to 2.x

I hope this helps

Richard
http://www.richardsoeteman.net
0
richardsoeteman

Why Visual Studio 2005 ask me to convert a solution already got converted Somebody did the conversion of a solution from .net 1.1 to .net 2.0 by using the automatic conversion wizard of Visual Stu
Why Visual Studio 2005 ask me to convert a solution already got converted Somebody did the conversion of a solution from .net 1.1 to .net 2.0 by using the automatic conversion wizard of Visual Studio 2005. Then, he changed to another company. Now, I take over his job. Unfortunately, when I attempted to open that solution, Visual Studio 2005 prompted me the conversion wizard again to forced me to perform a conversion on the solution. Does someone know why?--Harish Patel www.MicrosoftSQLandASP.netpatelharish@gmail.com Hi, How many projects are in the solution, does it have UNLOADE...

Visual Studio 2.0 (Whidbey) / .NET 2.0
Does anyone know when is the approximate release date of Visual Studio 2.0 (Whidbey) and the .NET framework 2.0? I think it is scheduled for sometime in 2004, but approx which month? Also, does Microsoft plan to release a new version of the framework every year or so? I would think you will get better answers at PDC Check at http://www.msdn.microsoft.com/events/pdc/ Or wait may be others might have better answers than this!! Sreedharhttp://www.w3coder.orgweblog http://weblogs.asp.net/skoganti Here is what has been announced so far. Microsoft Developer Tools Roadmap...

installing .net 2.0 with visual studio.net 2003
Hi, I'm currently developing using VS.net 2003, .net1.1. Due to development reasons i can't upgrade to vs2005 yet. However i want to upgrade to SQL Express 2005, but this needs .net 2.0. Will my VS.net 2003 still work if i install .net 2.0? Are there any known problems? Thanks, drazic19 .Net 1.1 and  .Net 2.0 will work side by side. Baiju  "This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights"...

How Do I Upgrade to .NET Framework 2.0 From Visual Studio .NET 2003
Hello,I am currently using Visual Studio .NET 2003, which uses the .NET Framework 1.1. How do I upgrade to 2.0, and integrate it into my IDE?Thanks!~ Di You need to get VS2005 to develop under .Net 2.0."This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights"...

ADO.NET Visual Studio 2005 Install Help!, ADO.NET Missing
 Hi everyoneI have a real annoying problem, I have installed Visual Studio 2005 with C#,C++,Web Applications.. Before I installed VS2005 I made sure I had all the .Net Download from 1.1 to 3.5 with the Service Packs, I also Installed a VS2005 Patch that was around 430mb. I have tried this on 3 computers, two of XP and 1 vista.I need ADO.NET Functionality, When I choose to create a Web Application in C#, I require the ADO.NET Entity Data Model as it will allow for a graphical interaction with a SQL db. However When I Choose Add New Item in Solution explorer there is no ENtity Mode...

I need help with Visual Studio .NET Beta 2.
I am using Visual Studio .NET Beta 2, because this is the only version I could get. I installed it. Had some problems with starting it. I was getting a message like this: "Visual studio was installed under another user". I found out that the way to go around it is to delete the key from registery. After that it starts and I can create procjects and everything, but I can't compile asp.net pages and can't view web.config or global.asax. The error I get is: Resource transformation failed for file : WebForm1.aspx.resx. File or assembly name System.Windows.Forms, or one o...

DataWindow.NET 2.0 not displaying in Visual Studio 2005
I have the DataWindow.Net 1.0 software installed and working correctly with Visual Studio 2003 and just received an evaluation copy of DW.NET 2.0 which I have installed at least 3 times and it never shows up in Visual Studio 2005. I have even run the DWToolBoxReg tool as the instructions suggest but still have no success. Could it be a conflict with the DW.Net 1.0 software? It shouldn't conflict with 1.0 since they should be installed in separate directories. Do you have a tab on the Toolbox for Sybase DataWindow 2.0? If not create one by right clicking on the toolbox and s...

Web resources about - Need Help in configuring APS.NET 2.0 - asp.net.visual-studio-2005

Configuring Your Xcode Project for Distribution
Describes the common workflows to develop, test, and distribute your app.

Installing and configuring Graphite
Here are some notes I jotted down while installing and configuring Graphite, which isn't a trivial task, although the official documentation ...

Configuring Android Data Binding Just Got Easier
The [Android Data Binding Guide](https://developer.android.com/tools/data-binding/guide.html) was recently updated with a new way to configure ...

Hands on: Configuring Apple's NetBoot service, Part 1
NetBoot allows admins to use the same network-based image for Macs throughout a network; here are some tips and tricks for making it work for ...

Configuring a secure Ubuntu Linux Virtual Private Server
... acid which is a web based application to be able to view snort alerts $ sudo apt-get install acidbase Select No when it prompts you for configuring ...

Custom Configuring Java Apps: Extending log4j
Creating an extended, server-side version of a log4j Logger that automatically configures itself and adds printf -like logging methods to the ...

T-Mobile networks start configuring themselves, thanks to Eden Rock
T-Mobile US has tapped Eden Rock Communications , a Seattle-area wireless networking startup, to add some self-awareness to its networks. Eden ...

Why NASA Is Re-Configuring Part of the International Space Station
NASA robotics flight controllers are preparing for moving day at the International Space Station.

Configuring two wireless routers with one SSID (network name) at home for free roaming - Scott Hanselman ...
Scott Hanselman on Programming, User Experience, The Zen of Computers and Life in General