java style inline coding or mix inline code with code behind

Hello,

   Generally, I use code behind, but once in a while it is more convenient to use java type inline coding

for example, if I need to dynamically create rows in a table, I can do this

<%

EGIN LOOP CODE

<%>

<%

END LOOP CODE

>%

can I do this kind of thing in c#.net?

0
lkld

Yes. Use the syntax you have above. Its not recommended though. It may be cleaner to have an <asp:literal> where you want to insert the content, and then set the text programmatically from the code beside.

You can also have a <script runat=server> block and include functions in that rather than in a code beside file.

0
samsp
8/8/2006 6:39:51 PM
I can not put a litereal there, because i don't know how many rows of literal do I need until runtime. I just want to put one table row there and wrap a loop around table row. I tried the syntax I posted, it did not work.
0
lkld
8/8/2006 7:31:47 PM
The literal is just a place holder. You can spit as many lines as you want into it, including tags.
0
samsp

inline code and code-behind
I have a retail website which uses the Storefront Shopping Cart system. I want to use an existing web form (just a simple trivia form) which uses inline asp.net code within a template containing my Storefront Cart control and Search box which use code-behind pages. So my question is: how do I combine the code-behind elements with the single page elements? Is this possible? And if not, how else could I get this to work?Steve Piotrow, All Things Arctic [from one newbie to another :) ] I am thinking you can combine the two, as you can insert script tags or put the code in <...

Convert from code inline to code behind
I am writing mini applications at the moment with webmatrix. I am wondering if there is any tool available to convert .aspx pages from code inline to code behind so the I can continue development with the new version of visual studio?Any help would be great. No tool as far as I know - but not too tough to copy-paste then change web tags to statement. I had to do a project like that, took me 2 days - but it worked At least in Matrix you have a page of HTML and a page for code -Hope you don't have too many : ) HTH Hope That HelpsAll that wander, are not lost...What were we talkin bout...

Convert code behind to inline code
I need to convert the code behind in C# to inline code in order to support all browsers. The trigger should be a submit button and according a form variable one of 4 methods should be invoked. After conversion I get a compilation error of missing }although according my count it's OK. I need some advice what is the best way to perform the conversion.   Hello and welcome to the forums: Could you please show us your code where the error is being generated? Regards Bilal Hadiar, MCP, MCTS, MCPD, MCTMicrosoft MVP - Telerik MVP hello. hum...i'm not sure i follow you...what do you ...

Migrating from code-behind to inline code
I'm developing a VB.NET web app using code-behind and then trying to migrate my code into .ASPX pages that use inline code rather than code behind.  However, the DataGrid I'm using does not render (and no errors are displayed) in the inline code version.  I know there are at least a few minor tweaks that must be made to do this, but I'm obviously missing something.  Here are a few of the differences I have so far: Code-behind version: <%@ Page Language="VB" Debug="True" AutoEventWireup="False" CodeBehind="TimeEntry.aspx.vb" ContentType="text/html" ResponseEncodi...

convering inline code to code behind
specificaly <?IMPORT namespace="t" implementation="#default#time2"> can this be done code behind sever side? generally, IMPORT tags become Imports statements. read the language docs for spesifics on Imports....

Code Inline Vs Code Behind
 I recently started learning ASp.net and coming from a php background a tend to favor code inline as oppose to code code behind. But most professional articles are using code behind which indicates that it is the insdutry standard. I am really not sure which one would be more beneficial to me here. Please let me know your guys's opinion on this. Should i learn code inline first and then code behind or go straight to code behind?  I have to say so far code inline appears easier to understand, but code behind makes sense (separating logic from the User interface). Also, would you...

inline code vs code behind
does inline code get compile in the aspx page? if does, is there any performance advantage between code behind and inline code? Thanks. ASPX pages get compiled the first time they are hit, regardless of whether there is code-behind or not. There is no performance advantage to code-behind, it is all about "better" design and maintenance.Thanks, Paul Wilson, ASPInsider, MC**For the best .NET code, examples, and tools, visit:WilsonDotNet.com, WilsonWebPortal.com, ORMapper.net thanks for your comment. "It is all about better design and maintenance", I wi...

inline code vs code-behind

Inline Code -> Code-Behind
I have developed my first ASP.NET application using DW MX 2004 using inline code. I now want to be able to take advantage of the benefits of using Visual Studio .NET 2003 (IntelliSense, pre-compilation, easier packagin and deployment, etc). Is there an easy method of "batch converting" Inline Code ASP.NET pages to Code-Behind versions or is it a manual task? Hello, I used to do the same before. what you will need is to open the aspx pages in Vs.NET, the software will ask you if you want to assosicate a codebehind class for the aspx page you say yes. then, all the server ...

Inline Coding (i.e. no Code-behind) and Wilson Pages (.Net 1.1)
Hi, I'm developing a personal web site and planning on hosting it on Brinkster, but Brinkster does not allow codebehind or using Dlls (from what I understand). But I would still like to use Wilson Master Pages, if possible.  I downloaded the free source code from the Wilson Master Pages website, but I'm not an advanced enough .Net programmer to firgure out how to use the source code using inline code.  Normally, you would use something like:<%@ Register TagPrefix="Wilson" Assembly="WilsonMasterPages" Namespace="Wilson.MasterPages" %>  on your templated pages...

Migrating from code inline to code behind and nothing works..why???
Hi, I have a form (aspx) and a user control (ascx). When I use the webform that I developped with the code all on the same page it works fine. But when I re-create this page with code behinde It does not reconize on of my variable from the user control.  I look all day long and was not able to fix it.PS. If I use Visual Web Developper 2005 the code behind pages works fine...and the same logic will not work with Visual Studio .NET 2003.I really want to know why this code does not work with Visual Studio .NET 2003.I alwasy get this message : name language_header_f  is not declar...

webmatrix inline code to code behined with VS 2005 ?
I developed a simple inline asp.net application with WebMatrix. But, I want to change the inline code to code behind automatically, can I make with Visual Studio 2005 ? Hi eko, There is no way to automatically convert from single-file to code-behind with VS 2005. However, it does support both a inline code and code-behind model unlike previous versions of visual studio (so no need to always switch for things like intellisense and debugging support). Hope this helps, Scott...

Hiding some codes in Visual Studio 2005 Code Editor?
Hi I have written a very long Function. In this function I've got lot's of If statements. I would like to hide some of them to see the overall code. I can do this in DreamWeaver easy but how can I do this in VS 2005 Professional Edition. Thanks This does it: #region Apple Pie double Pi; Pi = 3.141596; #endregion  An easy (as pie!) way to do it, is to select some code, right-click, select "Surround With..." and select #Region.  In the left margin you will see - (collapse) and + (expand). Steve Wellens My blog SGWellens, Tha...

Problem with inline code blocks accessing variables in code behind
I'm having a wierd (at least I think its wierd) problem. I'm trying to set the visible status on a control using an inline code block (Visible='<%# test %>'), where test is a boolean defined on the code behind page. Can anyone explain what I'm doing wrong? Or why this doesn't work? This is ASP.Net 2.0Below is the sample code, on the aspx page there are 3 items, that reference the boolean test variable.<% Response.Write(test.ToString()); %> works as expected and prints "False" <%# test.ToString() %> does NOT work and prints nothing <asp:L...

Web resources about - java style inline coding or mix inline code with code behind - asp.net.visual-studio-2005

Buffalo Wings (inline hockey) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The Buffalo Wings franchise was originally the Phoenix Cobras from 1994 to 1995, and the Empire State Cobras in 1996. The 1996 Cobras consisted ...

Negative Reviews Curbed with New Inline Application Reviews
A few weeks ago we reported that Facebook developers were seeing a large surge in negative 1-star and 2-star reviews without text comments because ...

Handskating, Handstand Inline Skaten, Mirko Hanßen, all Stunts - YouTube
Hey guys, after years of tough training, I am now happy to be able to show you this unique sport I came up with. I call it Handskating ;-P This ...

iPhone 6 teardown reveals larger 1810 mAh battery, inline with screen size increase
... the iPhone 6 has a 1810 mAH rated battery. This is still an improvement over the ~1500 mAh component in the iPhone 5s, but is roughly inline ...

YouTube App Now Has Built-In Video Trimming And Inline Previews, Turns Long Home Videos Into Great Shareable ...
Baby's first steps, carrying the cake out on grandma's birthday, receiving your diploma at the graduation ceremony. These are great moments you ...

Tapbots Updates Tweetbot 3: Adds New Font, Inline Media And More
... iPhone Trade-In Program Arrives In Canada . Tweetbot 3 for Twitter (iPhone & iPod touch) Tapbots Updates Tweetbot 3: Adds New Font, Inline ...

OS X Yosemite first look: Mail adds inline annotations, Mail Drop
Recent versions of Apple's Mail.app email client haven't been well received, leading to the release of a slew of alternatives. AppleInsider takes ...

Why not write tests inline with code?
... writes in his question . Also, tests "have the big advantage of verifying their own accuracy." Still, Chris has never seen tests written inline ...

Confirmed: Next BMW M3 returning to inline six-cylinder engine
... According to F30Post.com, BMW's North American boss, Ludwig Willisch, has confirmed that the next-generation M3 will be powered by an inline ...

Simple HTML5 WYSISYG Inline Editor
This kind of reminds me of what the guys did at Barley—except Barley is finished and implemented.