I Have visual studio 2008 how can i convert my web project to work in visual studio 2005?

 I Have visual studio 2008 how can i convert my web project to work in visual studio 2005?

where is the option to convert the project to work in vs2005 area?

0
avi999912

The best way to go about this is to create a new web application by going to:

 file -> open -> website -> then select the folder that your website lies in

then save the solution as a visual studio 2005 project.

0
jgangwisch
11/18/2008 10:32:37 PM

but i dont have in save as property, the ability to convert the project to work in visual studio 2005

0
avi999912
11/19/2008 8:09:08 AM

ok, then lets create a new asp.net web application, then add the existing files from the visual studio 2008 project.

 Good Luck :-)

0
jgangwisch

Installing Visual Studio 2008 Beta 2 With Visual Studio 2003 and Visual Studio 2005 On Machine
I recently completed a successful installation of Visual Studio 2005 on my machine that had Visual Studio 2003 on it already.  I am interested in the beta of Visual Studio 2008, but I'm not sure if there will be conflicts with the previous versions.  Has anyone done this successfully?  Are there any special steps that need to happen for these three development environments to exist together?You can't stop entropy so why even try? I have installed it on my machine but havent had any problems until now though I have not done a lot of work on 2008 yet. This is the only ...

Convert Visual Studio 2008 code to Visual Studio 2005
 I had created my website in  in Visual Studio 2008 in our college, but now I want to run this website at my home,but problem is I have Visual Studio 2005 at my home, so please tell me how can I run this website on Visual Studio 2005.Is there any conversion tool available.Thanks a lot in advance There is no backward conversion tool that I know of. If you are using a web site project (not a web application project), just create a new web site project in VS2005 and point it at a copy of the code.If it is a web application project, you'll have to create a new project and then us...

Can I Have Visual Studio.NET and Visual Studio 2005 together?
Hi everyone. Can I have Visual Studio.NET and Visual Studio 2005 installed in the same machine? I want to install Studio 2005 but I do not want to uninstall Studio.NET yet. Thanks!C# I am running VS 2003 and VS 2005 together with no problems.Martin Lawrence, MCSE, CNE, A+ Recut Technologies Ltd. http://www.recut.com Yes, they can be installed side-by-side. I have it installed side-by-side on my computer and it works perfectly without any conflicts. I even think there is a Version Selector (not something you have to install as it is installed by default) which will make sure your pro...

How can I convert the project developed in 2003 visual studio to 2008 visual studio?
 Hello People,I have web application developed in visual studio 2003. How can I convert the whole project developled in 2003 visual studio to 2008 Visual studio? Please give me  the steps  or procedures.Thanks in advance. Try simply opening the project in 2008 and follow wizard steps.Thanks------------------------------------------------------------This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.  Hello Mikhail, I have not seen Wizard for converting  web application from 2003 projectto 2008 Project.I have just seen a wiz...

Visual Studio 2005 vs Visual Studio 2008
I have 2 systems. One running XP Pro SP2 + updates second Vista + Updates (and SP1 when its released) I have a copy of Visual Studio 2005 and Visual Studio 2008. Should i use Visual Studio 2008 on both systems as it allows me to target different .Net platforms? or should i use XP with VS 2005 and Vista with VS 2008. My aim is to create projects for different platforms but still have the advantages of a new product and features i.e. WPF, AJAX, intellisense etc. Is there a reason why someone would want to have VS2005 running on XP rather than VS 2008. Im under the impression VS 20...

upgrading from visual studio 2005 to visual studio 2008
Hi,Im using visual studio 2005 currently and due to new features provided in visual studio 2008 want to use that. But im in fear of uninstalling visual studio 2005 tha installing visual studio 2008 . it take a lot time. Is there any upgradatio wizard so that i can upgrade my older version of visual studio with the new version i.e. with 2008. If no than please tell me every possible way and alternatives.   Please Help Me OutThanks in advance!! Hi, You shouldn't have any problem running 2005 and 2008 on one machine.  .net 3.5 is pretty much .net 2.0 with new feature...

from Visual Studio .NET to Visual studio 2005 (VB)
Good evening, i hame one quistion about diffrenece Visual studio 2005 and older version.In Visual studio .NET to work with table from data base i do next steps:1. Create new connection to data base in data explorer2. Push my table from data explorer to my form, and master automatically create two components (SqlConnection and SqlDataAdapter)3. Add to from new object - Dataset for transering data to client application (i amke a web service) and execute command from menu Data | Generate DataSet, then in Dialog box i Add this dataset to the designerThat's itThe quistion is how to do this st...

Can;t run dll created with Visual Studio 2005 on a machine with Visual Studio 2005 Installed
Hi I recently made a dll in Visual studio 2005.  I went File\New\Project and under Visual C++ I picked clr for my project type.  When I take the dll to another computer that does not have Visual Studio 2005 Installed my application cannot load this dll.  It does load it if I install all the Visual Studio 2005 tools and the Visual Studio 2005 Services pack sP1 Team Suite.  Is there a was to run my dll without haveing to install all these tools on the target machine?  Even intalling the tools was not good enough it only started running after I installed the serv...

Visual Studio 2005 vs. Visual Studio 2005 BETA 2
In terms of functionality and features, I was wondering whether there any major differences between Visual Studio 2005 and Visual Studio 2005 Beta2. Thanks From the C# Windows Apps & Web Apps - pecadillos more than anything.  I have several sizeable projects in bothe.g. MDI child/parent Mensu/toolstrips no longer automergesome complaints about rafting property that no longer exists in Windows forms controlsIf it was easy, everybody would be doing it. The primary difference was mainly a lot of bug fixes.  Two areas that we enhanced were website projects and ...

Visual Studio 2005 Express/Visual Studio 2005 Same Language Support
I know the Visual Studio 2005 is much better than it's Express edition, but can they produce the same results in the end?  By that, I mean that you can use the exact same code in the Express edition and it will build the same as Visual Studio 2005, and the language support is the same (everything bit of code that works on VS 2005 will also work on VS 2005 Express)?VDesign Yes, projects and files are fully interchangeable. Express editions lack some IDE/UI features, but code you write will work everywhere.Thanks------------------------------------------------------------This posting is...

Web resources about - I Have visual studio 2008 how can i convert my web project to work in visual studio 2005? - asp.net.visual-studio-2005

Today’s apps gone free: BlockBear, Stock Grader, PDF Smart Convert and more
Block ads and other annoying content, take the emotion out of investing, and convert almost anything into a PDF with todays collection of apps ...

How to convert your old VHS tapes to DVD with this software
Remember those old VHS tapes you have sitting in the corner? Convert them into DVDs with this affordable software so you can easily watch them ...