I would like to know how to set SQL2000 as the default database server when running any webapplication. I have installed Visual Studio.NET and SQL Server 2000 locally in my laptop.  But anytime I want to run a webapplication I am getting the following error:

System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException was unhandled by user code
  Class=20
  ErrorCode=-2146232060
  LineNumber=0
  Message="An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server.  When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connections. (provider: Named Pipes Provider, error: 40 - Could not open a connection to SQL Server)"
  Number=53
  Server=""
  Source=".Net SqlClient Data Provider"
  State=0
  StackTrace:
       at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection)
       at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning(TdsParserStateObject stateObj)
       at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.Connect(Boolean& useFailoverPartner, Boolean& failoverDemandDone, String host, String failoverPartner, String protocol, SqlInternalConnectionTds connHandler, Int64 timerExpire, Boolean encrypt, Boolean trustServerCert, Boolean integratedSecurity, SqlConnection owningObject, Boolean aliasLookup)
       at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnectionTds.OpenLoginEnlist(SqlConnection owningObject, SqlConnectionString connectionOptions, String newPassword, Boolean redirectedUserInstance)
       at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnectionTds..ctor(DbConnectionPoolIdentity identity, SqlConnectionString connectionOptions, Object providerInfo, String newPassword, SqlConnection owningObject, Boolean redirectedUserInstance)
       at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnectionFactory.CreateConnection(DbConnectionOptions options, Object poolGroupProviderInfo, DbConnectionPool pool, DbConnection owningConnection)
       at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.CreatePooledConnection(DbConnection owningConnection, DbConnectionPool pool, DbConnectionOptions options)
       at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionPool.CreateObject(DbConnection owningObject)
       at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionPool.UserCreateRequest(DbConnection owningObject)
       at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionPool.GetConnection(DbConnection owningObject)
       at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.GetConnection(DbConnection owningConnection)
       at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionClosed.OpenConnection(DbConnection outerConnection, DbConnectionFactory connectionFactory)
       at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.Open()
       at ASP.login_aspx.Login1_Authenticate(Object sender, AuthenticateEventArgs e) in C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\Visual Studio 2005\EscuelasComunidad\Login.aspx:line 22
       at System.Web.UI.WebControls.Login.OnAuthenticate(AuthenticateEventArgs e)
       at System.Web.UI.WebControls.Login.AttemptLogin()
       at System.Web.UI.WebControls.Login.OnBubbleEvent(Object source, EventArgs e)
       at System.Web.UI.Control.RaiseBubbleEvent(Object source, EventArgs args)
       at System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.OnCommand(CommandEventArgs e)
       at System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument)
       at System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.System.Web.UI.IPostBackEventHandler.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument)
       at System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(IPostBackEventHandler sourceControl, String eventArgument)
       at System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(NameValueCollection postData)
       at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

It seems to be looking for Sql2005 instead of 2000. How can I tell VS.NET that I want to use 2000, not 2005?

Thanks for any help.

0
mendez_edd

SQL Server 2005 express connectivity with Visual Studio.NET 2005
Hello I'm having a problem with the server connection and my C# code. The code executes alright but no data is entered into the database behind it.  I'm pasting the connection code over here as well. The sql commands are used in the code. I think I used the sql server mobile edition which is installed along with visual studio.net 2005. Anyone know what's wrong, and can help me out? Thanks in advance.public static void storeInDb(string trackName, string artist, string albumTitle, string year, string path, uint[] fp) { string connStr="Data Source=.\\SQLEXPRESS;At...

Sql Server 2005 Reporting Service + Visual Studio.NET 2005
Hi, Iam new 2 sql server 2005 reporting services, I created a report server project with few reports and deployed in reportserver. Everything is working fine but i want to integrate these reports to my VS.net 2005 web appliction. Through the interface i have to pass the perameters to my reports. Iam looking for help thxs in advance PradeepPradeep Reddy Take a look over here for a working example : http://www.codeproject.com/aspnet/ReportViewer.asp   HTH,Suprotim Agarwal -----http://www.dotnetcurry.com-----ASP.NET Grid With Excel Capabilities | 27 GridView Tips & Tricks |...

AxCMS.net Award 2005 | 1st place: MSDN Professional subscription including Visual Studio 2005 and SQL Server 2005; 2nd place: new Xbox 360
We would like to introduce the 100% cost free AxCMS.net 5.2.2 - brand new release! AxCMS.net is a 100% cost free Enterprise CMS platform for architects and professional developers based 100% on Microsoft .NET. With the new download version we offer ... Improved user interface (thank you for feedback!) International support avaliable! New features (muitisite, permissions, authentication, newsletter, ...) Focused on software architects and professional developers Introducing AxCMS.net Award 2005! The AxCMS.net Award 2005 represent an opportunity ...

Installing .NET Framework, Sql Server 2005 Express, and Visual Studio 2005 Professional
Will someone please offer some advice, a walkthrough, or something to help me through this?  I installed all three of these pieces (.NET, SQL Server 2005 Express, and VS 2005 Professional) onto a WinXP box.  I was unable to get it to work.  It kept throwing SQL errors when I tried to run the security setup for the Personal Website Starter Kit.  So, I uninstalled everything except .NET and reinstalled.  At this point I was able to get to the setup, but unable to add users.  It doesn't throw errors or anything, it just doesn't do anything.  I really re...

SQL Server 2000 with Visual Studio .NET 2005
Current Situation:  SQL Server 2000 DB using ASP 3.0 front-end.  Uses form based user security (i.e. users register online, setup their own profile info, and select their desired group/role).  I as admin, activate there account upon receipt.  Simply uses a user and group table within the DB and links to other tables so I know what user has edited what record(s).  Typical ASP 3.0 web enabled db application. Goal or Desire: To bring the SQL Server 2000 DB inside a Visual Studio .NET 2005 environment and recreate all ASP 3.0 pages to ASP.NET pages. Concerns:  Use...

How to connect SQL Server 2000 in visual studio.net 2005
How can i connect my ASP.NET web application with my sql server 2000. i used visual studio 2003, and there we drag and drop the data adapter and  then a sql connection and then use them in our application. but here we have only sqldatasource or something. so please tell me to make the connection and data retrieval procedure. Kumud Tripathi You can drag a SQL Data Source object onto you web form and select configure data source. This will give you a wizard to connect to a database, and also allows you to set up insert, delete, update statements. You can then use this datasource to...

Visual Studio 2005 / SQL Server Management Studio 2005 Source Control?
I just want a simple software change management tool for these two tools... Team Foundation Server is too big for me...  What should I do? Hi,at the moment we still use Visual Source Safe untill VSTS ships as a RTM version. But there are other systems availble too. I heard some people that they were using CVS but I don't have any experience with it.Grz, Kris.Read my blog. Handy Firefox plugins for web developers.Workaround for non working Mark as answer buttons....

SQL Server 2005
I'm very confused.  I installed Visual Studio 2005 and thought I understood that SQL Server 2005 came with it, but it appears that it's SQL Server 2005 - Express.  Can anyone tell me what I need to do in order to get Data Transformation Services loaded or the equivalent of DTS in SQL Express?     beejay I have to say: actually SQL Express, not SQL2005 full version, comes with VS2005. To manage your SQL Express databases much easier, you can download a Management Studio Express from here: http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/express/sql/download/ Then you can...

Visual Studio 2005 Standard with SQL Express and SQL Server 2005 Developer Edition
Hi folks,I had visual studio 2005 Standard edition (with SQL Express) running. Then I install SQL Server 2005 Developer edition.It generally worked however some part of SQL Server Developer did not work properly (namely diagrams). I browsed the internet and found something that said I should install the .NET Framework Service Pack 1. I did so. It fixed SQL Server 2005 Developer Edition however it seems to have broken portions of Visual Studio. Specifically, typed dataset. I could add a dataset however I could no longer configure or add a table adapter. Telling me the "data provider may ...

Visual Studio 2005, SQL Server 2005
Hello I have a TreeView, when I click for eg. node Introduction, i want show in the COntentPlaceholder whole text. like 3 pages..how can i store it in SQL SERVER? How can i do that? I want to keep whole text + pictures in the Sql Server 2005. How can I do that? and there is a tip of putting whole in html file, and the Sql server 2005 go and get from page and display on the ContentPlaceHolder, its like working in dynamicHTML.   If any1 got any example or stuffs, please send to me Thanks     If you want to store text and image seperately in SQL Server, you need to ...

Visual studio 2005 and SQL server 2005
Hi all, I have the Visual studio 2005 and the SQL server 2005 witch come with the installation CD. Is the SQL server is only for development or it can be used for production. I want to develope an ASP.NET website working with the SQL server database. Best regards......

Using Visual Studio 2003 with sql server 2000 and planning to switch to sql server 2005
We have a project already developed iusing VS 2003 Enterprise architect edition using sql server 2000(have lots of table and stored procs etc.) Now planning to switch to Sql server 2005 are there any issues associated with the switch.   I mean front end programming wise asp.net and vb.net front end codes do they work straight away or need to make any changes to all the front end codes, we are using datasets, data readers calling stored procs and also using lot of hash tables and XML object to make bulk loads to sql server via sqlxml3.0 sp3. Please help thank you very much for the in...

Web resources about - I cannot stop Visual Studio.NET 2005 from looking for SQL Server 2005 instead of SQL 2000 - asp.net.visual-studio-2005

Taylor Swift Upset About Kendall Jenner, Harry Styles Relationship? Not True, One Source Reports
Could this be a true tale about Taylor Swift? Harry Styles and Kendall Jenner were recently seen cozying up in St. Barth’s, and according to ...

Ohio State Buckeyes Blast Past Notre Dame Fighting Irish In BattleFrog Fiesta Bowl Win
Ohio State proved to be too much for Notre Dame as the Buckeyes trounced the Fighting Irish in a 44-28 win at the BattleFrog Fiesta Bowl in Glendale, ...

'Unforgettable' singer Natalie Cole dead at 65
Grammy-winning singer Natalie Cole, whose biggest hit came in a virtual duet with her late father, pop legend Nat King Cole, of his decades-old ...

‘Star Wars Episode IX’: What Does Galaxy Far, Far Away Look Like Beyond New Trilogy
Star Wars Episode IX may not be at the forefront of audiences’ minds just yet, but you can bet that it’s on those of the execs at Disney. The ...

Hillary Clinton’s Campaign Exceeds 2015 Fundraising Goal
Hillary Clinton’s presidential campaign announced Friday that it raised $37 million in the last three months , bringing its yearly fundraising ...

Kanye West’s New Song ‘Facts’ Receives Wildly Mixed Response
Kanye West is the artist people either love or hate, and this becomes evident every time he releases something new. Just like last year, Kanye ...

Someone wrote 'Trump is disgusting' in the sky above the Rose Parade
The annual Rose Parade in Pasadena, California, got political with a special message for Republican presidential front runner Donald Trump. ...

Using Cubii’s elliptical trainer is one of my New Year’s resolutions
I sit at my desk and write posts all day for my job. My fingers get a lot of exercise, but not the rest of me. That’s why I’m looking forward ...

Christian McCaffrey sets Rose Bowl record as Stanford routs Iowa
Washington Post Christian McCaffrey sets Rose Bowl record as Stanford routs Iowa USA TODAY PASADENA, Calif. (AP) — Stanford barely missed ...

RIP Wayne Rogers, 1933-2016
Wayne Rogers, the actor who portrayed M*A*S*H's legendary "Trapper" John McIntyre, has passed away at the age of 82. Rogers was an incredibly ...