I cannot find Timer of System.Timers.Timer

I want to create a Windows Service by VB using VS 2005. However I cannot find Timer type System.Timers.Timer in Toolbox.

I must as follow. However I cannot call function that handles Timer1.elapse

Based on my understanding that because the system does not understand Timer1.

Can anybody help me please?

Thank you very much.

   Dim Timer1 As System.Timers.Timer

    Protected Overrides Sub OnStart(ByVal args() As String)
        ' Add code here to start your service. This method should set things
        ' in motion so your service can do its work.
        Timer1.AutoReset = True
        Timer1.Interval = 1000
        Timer1.Enabled = True
        Timer1.Start()
    End Sub

    Protected Overrides Sub OnStop()
        ' Add code here to perform any tear-down necessary to stop your service.
        Timer1.Enabled = False
    End Sub

    Private Sub Timer1_Elapsed(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.Timers.ElapsedEventArgs) handles Timer1.Elapsed
        '
Do somthing here
    End Sub

0
HaoHa

Try:
Dim Timer1 As New System.Timers.Timer()

0
dratcha

System.Timers.Timer question on how to stop this timer
I have a webpage with two buttons: "Start timer" and "Stop timer" When I click the "Start timer" the timer object is started, with the start method oTimer.Start() This works great! When I click the "Stop timer", the timer keeps running. oTimer.Stop() What goes wrong?Johan TheunissenMCPD, MCSE, MCTS BizTalk 2006==============================Please mark the most helpful reply/replies as "Answer". Is oTimer a page-level instance? If so, you will be calling the Stop() method on a different instance.Maybe you can store the timer instance...

System.Timers.Timer issue
Hi- I have created a test program, where on click of a button I want to start three threads, thread1 at interval of 2 mins thread2 at interval of 3 mins and thead3 at interval of 5 mins. When I click the button all these threads are created successfully and all three log the entry in my log file indicating that they are being called. But the next time onwards, I see only the last thread in the function being fired at the specified interval of 5 mins. Wondering what's going on with the first two ones, they were called only once and never again. Protected Sub btnStartTimer_Cl...

System.Timers.Timer culture
Hello,The setup used is a windows 2003 server r2 and .NET 2.0 and a similiar setup. The differance is the language they are installed on. Swedish and English (UK) I have a System.Timers.Timer object, which is created during Application_Start to preform actions every tick.On both servers. the machine.config, web.config (both global and website specific) the globalization config is as follows:<globalization culture="sv-SE" uiCulture="sv-SE"/> All regional settings on the server that we can find is set to Swedish and Sweden.  Before the Timer is created ...

System.Timers.Timer does not work properly
Hi; I am going to generate a scheduled task on my ASP.NET web application using System.Timers.Timer class. The timer would start on Application_Start event and do the job for example every 10 minutes, periodically. Everything is OK, but the timer works for 3 times (More or less) and then be killed. I expect such timer must be kept running 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Please help me if you know something useful. Regards, M.Sadegh Samiei Well, ASP.Net is not a "service", the Application of the web app will be "terminated" when it's idle for a time (after the last us...

Handling exceptions in System.Timers.Timer
I have a System.Timers.Timer in my ASP.Net application that executes some code every 15. seconds. The user should be notified if something goes wrong during execution. I have inserted a try-catch-block in my elapsed-method, which catches the exceptions, but how do I throw the exception up ? I have tried with "throw myexception", but the exception is not caught anywhere even though I have placed try-catch-blocks around all method-calls. Where / how do I catch the exception ? TIA Thomas Dolberg The timer does a fire and forget, it fires your event, but it doesn't wait to see w...

"System.Timers.Timer" Help!
Hi I am trying to get a 1 Second Timer to work without much success. Can someone please Help ! Development Environment: Microsoft Visual Studio VBasic.Net Active Server Page Web Form Operating System: Windows XP Here is what I have done: 1) Drag Timer component from Toolbox to Design Page 2) Visual Studio Created : Private Sub InitializeComponent() Me.Timer1 = New System.Timers.Timer CType(Me.Timer1, System.ComponentModel.ISupportInitialize).BeginInit() ' 'Timer1 ' Me.Timer1.Enabled = True Me.Timer1.Interval = 1000 CType(Me.Tim...

System.Timers.Timer Class
WebForm programming can be very challenge. You have to think server side, then you have to think client side. Anyway, I need a tutorial, code example or something about server side class System.Timers.TimerI scouted around but haven't come up with a gooc one yet. Thanks, ngungo What do you need the Timer for?RegardsAndre Colbiornsen ---------------------------------Seventh DayRåbygatan 1A,SE-223 61 LundSwedenMob.: +46-(0)708-97 78 79Mail: info@seventhday.se-------------------------------- Hi adec,I am converting a WinForm to its counterpart WebForm app. The application involves arou...

new thread started bt System.Timers.Timer?
HI, i have used a Timer in Application_Start() : System.Timers.Timer aTimer = new System.Timers.Timer(); aTimer.Elapsed+=new System.Timers.ElapsedEventHandler(do_functions); aTimer.Interval=30000; aTimer.Enabled=true; i am running the application with an impersonation to a specific user. the problem is that when do_functions is called by the Timer, the impersonation is gone and Environment.UserName is "NETWORK SERVICE". i need to be able to control the identity of this so that do_functions has the right permissions. Any ideas? TIA ...

problem with System.Timers.Timer class and Global.asax
Hi, I'm trying to run a function periodically (every 5 minutes). The timer function works and triggers the function but the function returns a null exception error. However, if the function is called without the timer, it works. Ideas? Here is the code from the Global.asax file: <%@ Application Language="C#" %><%@ Import Namespace="System.Data" %> <%@ Import Namespace="System.Timers" %> <script RunAt="server"> void Application_Start(object sender, EventArgs e) { Timer myTimer = new Timer(); myTimer.Interval = 5000;...

[ASK] Problem with System.Timers.Timer in Global.asax
I have a static timer declared in global.asax and add a new handler to execute every certain period of time.  The thing is it runs on visual studio but once I placed it on IIS it does not even run once.  Any clue? IIS won't start your website when you just put it there. It should be started on the first request made on the web. However when no requests are made for a certain period of time the website will be unloaded and your timer won't work again. If you really need a way how to execute something every x hours/minutes then go for windows services. Check these tutorial...

Timer() & Timer event
Am using Powerbuilder 6.5.1 & Oracle 8.0.4 on WINNT. Have a requirement to refresh(reretrieve 8 datawindows in one window, at different intervals. One dw might need to be refreshed in 5 minutes, another in 2 minutes, and still another in 7 minutes, etc. If I place a timer(300) right after the initial retrieve in the Open event of the window for dw_1, and in the Timer event of the window code, dw_1.Retrieve, then, I would expect that in 5 minutes, that dw would be refreshed. But, I have six other windows that need to be refreshed at different times. How would I code for this in t...

Timer Control
I need to use two different timed updates within two different update panels. Ajax doesnt seem to like two Ajax Timers on the same page. Does anyone know if this is correct please?? Hi Bapo, I created a small timer using two different timers in different update panels and was only able to get the Tick event for one of them... I suspect the "postback" in one of the update panels causes the second timer to reset.  I have tested this by setting one to 1 second intervals and the other to 2 second... then to reverse them.  Only the first triggered tick would trigger the events. ...

error Type 'System.Timers.Timer' cannot be serialized over wcf
Hi Guys, I am getting this error while transferring data from Client to Server using WCF  Type 'System.Timers.Timer' cannot be serialized. Consider marking it with the DataContractAttribute attribute, and marking all of its members you want serialized with the DataMemberAttribute attribute. Is there any solutions for that. Hoping your favorable response. Thanks Vishnu How about passing relevant information to the server side and reconstruct the timer on the server?Mark replies as answers if they helped you solve the problem....

Web resources about - I cannot find Timer of System.Timers.Timer - asp.net.visual-studio-2005

There’s a little Ewok in Star Wars: The Force Awakens
Today it was hypothesized that Star Wars: The Force Awakens' own Captain Phasma is none other than "Ewoks" character Cindel Towani. A pair of ...

Brussels Police Had Mass Orgy On Lockdown Post Paris Attacks, Investigation Alleges
“Brussels police lockdown sex orgy” might sound more like the title of a niche piece of pornography than a headline about domestic security accountability, ...

How A Mario Character Was Named After Motorhead's Lemmy
One of gaming’s better rumors is each koopaling in Super Mario Bros. 3 was named after a celebrity. One of the seven is Lemmy, allegedly inspired ...

Two Islamic State operatives with ties to Paris attackers reported killed in ...
Los Angeles Times Two Islamic State operatives with ties to Paris attackers reported killed in ... Los Angeles Times Charaffe Mouadan had ...

Affluenza Teen Ethan Couch May Get Off Very Lightly…Again
Ethan Couch, who’s been dubbed by the mainstream media as the “affluenza” teen, might be getting of with yet another legal slap on the wrist. ...

Samsung is adding SmartThing hubs to its 2016 HD TVs to control connected devices
Ken Yeung / VentureBeat : Samsung is adding SmartThing hubs to its 2016 HD TVs to control connected devices — Your next Samsung HD television ...

Selena Gomez Talks Lupus & Chemotherapy: Signs She’ll Renew Romance With Justin Bieber — Sorry, Niall ...
Selena Gomez survived a tumultuous, highly-publicized breakup with Justin Bieber and rampant rumors about why she was taking a hiatus from her ...

Mark Salling Arrested for Child Porn: Inside the Glee Star's Big Break and ...
People Magazine Mark Salling Arrested for Child Porn: Inside the Glee Star's Big Break and ... People Magazine When Glee actor Mark Salling ...

Bengals' overtime loss in Denver complicates playoff quest
CINCINNATI (AP) — The Bengals' quest to end their long streak of playoff futility has gotten a lot tougher.

Bran Stark To Return In Season 6 Of ‘Game Of Thrones’
Season 6 of the hit series Game of Thrones might be the most anticipated chapter of television in history. To further whet the appetites of its ...