how to encrypt web.config during web application deployment

I am developing a web application using ASP.NET, VS 2008, Framework 3.5
I want to encrypt my web.config at the end of application installation (Installer.Commit event).
How do I do this ?

0
vu3lmg

budugu
5/1/2009 9:06:30 PM

If you want to encrypt your web.config you can have a look at this link http://weblogs.asp.net/scottgu/archive/2006/01/09/434893.aspx

Faraz Shah Khan
MCP, MCAD.Net, MCSD.Net, MCTS-Win/Web, MCPD-Web
Blog
0
farazsk11
5/1/2009 9:07:53 PM
OK guys I found the solution.
I call Process.Start with parameters as under.
Process.Start("C:\\WINDOWS\\Microsoft.NET\\Framework\\v2.0.50727\\aspnet_regiis.exe",  "-pe \"connectionStrings\" -app /PARC -prov \"DataProtectionConfigurationProvider\"");
Thanks for the help
0
vu3lmg

Unable to open existing Web application or create web application from Visual Studio.Net
I reinstalled MS office this morning. All of sudden, I can neither open existing web application nor create new Web application. The symptom is the same as described in thread: http://www.asp.net/Forums/ShowPost.aspx?tabindex=1&PostID=417541 or http://www.dotnetcoders.com/web/Articles/ShowArticle.aspx?article=57 Tried every suggestion. Still can't do anything. When I tried to check server extention, I got following error message: can't open file "fontpg.lck" for writing Do anyone has any suggestion? Could anyone tell me what permission should I set? I added A...

Visual Studio 2005 Profiler "Launch Error: The web.config file xxx\web.config has been changed and backup information was lost."
Hi,  I am experiencing this error when trying to start a Visual Studio 2005 profiling session (Instrumentation) for my ASP.NET 2.0 web application.  I could not find any information regarding this issue and have no idea what might cause the problem, as the Visual Studio 2005 profiler already worked with that very same application, a couple of weeks ago. Anyone? Thanks in advance! Hello, Can you tell me if you found a solution for the issue because I'm experimenting the same issue ? Thanks !...

Visual Studio 2003 -> Visual Studio 2005 web application
Hello, I have created a rather large site with VB.Net/ASP.NET 1.1 using visual studio 2003 Professional. I want to take advantage of the new stuff in ASP.NET 2 & Visual Studio 2005...I have used the project convert but when I complile it i get hundreds of errors....are there any tutorials about this or do I have to recode a bunch of the project? Any Help would be appreciated.Thanks,Digital Carmel You say Web Application but I wonder if you are trying to convert to a Web Site project which is not the same as a Web Application project. Web Site project shipped with VS 2005, Web Applicat...

How to publish a web application in visual studio 2005 using deployment?
I am a New bie, I have a scenario to publish a website through deployment. 1.I can get the msi file. 2.Using the msi file, i have to publish the created website in the system i install. 3.Where only my primary output should be there. Sorry,My English is not that much good, i regret. Thanks in Advance.C.Babu Download and install web deployment project for Visual Studio 2005 http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/asp.net/aa336619.aspxThen follow those tutorials : http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa479568.aspx http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa479044.aspx Hosam Kamel ...

Error 1706 in deploying web application from visual studio.net
Hi, I have problem in creating the set up file for a web application .I get error 1706 . Going to Application event log I find these errors. Product: Visual Studio .NET Professional - English -- Error 1706.No valid source could be found for product Visual Studio .NET Professional - English. The Windows installer cannot continue. Detection of product '{D0610409-7D65-11D5-A54F-0090278A1BB8}', feature 'Visual_Studio.NET_Professional', component '{C9AF9050-C8BE-11D1-9C67-0000F81F1B38}' failed. The resource 'HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\10.0\Common\UserData' does not exis...

Website Project vs. Web Application Project in Visual Studio.net 2005
 Website Project vs. Web Application Project in Visual Studio.net 2005 What are the main benefits of using a Web App project over a Website project or vice-versa? Web App Project: You have to jump through hoops to use edit and continue with a Web App where in a website it just works. I’ve figured this out with the help of ScottGu. Thanks! http://weblogs.asp.net/scottgu/archive/2006/05/08/VS-2005-Web-Application-Project-V1.0-Released.aspx Web App Project: what are the *.aspx.designer.cs files for? Website Project: how do you set up the project to use a ...

Web Deployer 2005 AddIn for Visual Studio 2005
I wrote this AddIn to ease the deployment of ASP.NET In-Place Compiled Applications. It supports C# & VB.Net. It can compare against an FTP server as well as a local log to see which files need to be uploaded. Read this post for more info & download.http://www.csharper.net/blog/web_deployer_2005_for_visual_studio_2005.aspxCheers,BobbyBobby DeRosaYellow Cup...

Where is AssemblyInfo.cs file in Visual Studio.NET 2005 BETA II (Web Applications)
Okay! I am really frusterated. Where is the AssemblyInfo.cs file in my web applications. And how can I choose the option "Show All Files". I can see the AssemblyInfo.cs file in my console applications but I am not able to see that in the Web Applications. Any ideas!!!!! HighOnCodingWanna get high! ...

Web Deployment of a Web Application:why the vbproj file is in the Web Deployment folder
Hello, I'm an old ASP and new ASP 1.1 developer.Now I have to work with ASP 2.0 and I'm testing the new features but there are things that are not clear.. I created a web application (converted from an ASP.NET 2.0 web site) and I was trying to build the web application project.These are the Property Pages Settings:Configuration:ReleaseCompilation: Allow this precompiled site to be updatable .. checkedOutput Assemblies: Merge all outputs to a single assembly  is checked                    ...

Web resources about - how to encrypt web.config during web application deployment - asp.net.visual-studio-2005

MBA: Mortgage Applications Decrease in Latest MBA Weekly Survey, Purchase Applications up 24% YoY
From the MBA: Mortgage Applications Decrease in Latest MBA Weekly Surve Mortgage applications decreased 3.2 percent from one week earlier, according ...

Mortgage applications fall 3.2%
A definitive rise in mortgage interest rates over the last month is keeping borrowers at bay.

Google pushing virtual reality applications
Google has been pushing its R&D into virtual reality applications and is looking to enhance YouTube with the ability to provide virtual reality ...