Getting things back in Start Page and things out of Start Page

I know I posted over a year ago about this same question, I can not find my original post though. I know I posted it and I did find the solution and posted the sollution but I can not find it anywhere here again. They really need a better search engine on these forums.

Is there any tools out there to help manage the start page? For example. I have projects that are on a web server I access them on the remote server. Well the start page never ever shows any updates for it the date posted as last access is the day I created it, However this is one of my more used projects. This one is so big it has its own 4 server test environment. Yet it is constantly scrolling off the Start page.
The other thing is Sometimes I create little test apps, or while doing samples in a book, when I read a book I do each and every sample in there even if I think it is redundant or useless, So I get a ton of sollutions. Now with Biztalk 2004 and the integration of its development into VS, I sometimes go through a hundred sollutions a month. Causing some sollutions to drop off that I want readily available, and other sollutions that were junk or test that I have deleted from the hard drive are still there showing up. BTW Integration of Biztalk 2004 and VS.net is awsome, on a side note.
The only sollution to fix this was to go in and manually hack it out of the registry. Which really isn't all that practical. Also what really sucks about this is that this is stored in 2 spots, you delete it out of one spot and not the other then when you launch VS it puts everything back so you have 2 registry entries for every project that must be identical. Also since all Biztalk projects are strong named and go in the GAC and into the registry I have already expanded the registry size 4 times. I am really just looking for an easy way to organize these projects, it would be nice to have a favorites, projects menu on the start page as well. and a way to just simply right click on a project on the start page and remove it from there.
Anyone have any sollutions for me or advice, nesides make my own ;-)
0
BOUND4DOOM

I don't have any solutions, but I can point you to your original post to which you are referring: view post 383446

As a side note, I always physically sign my name in my posts for easier searching later on (ie I don't use the signature feature).
Terri
Terri Morton
Engagement Manager, Neudesic

How to ask a question

0
tmorton

Getting Started with Visual Studio 2005 Beta 2 and Visual Web Developer Express Edition 2005 Beta 2
Visual Studio 2005 Beta 2 was released on 4/17/2005.  Here's some important information for users to get started with: If you installed any version of Whidbey Beta 1 products, you must uninstall all Whidbey Beta 1 products before installing Beta 2.  The following links provide details and additional information about uninstalling: http://lab.msdn.microsoft.com/vs2005/uninstall/http://blogs.msdn.com/astebner/archive/2005/04/19/409555.aspxhttp://blogs.msdn.com/hgao/archive/2005/04/15/408769.aspxhttp://blogs.msdn.com/hgao/archive/2005/04/15/408768.aspx You ...

Codesample to manage the Recent Projects on Visual Studio's (2003+2005) Start Page.
Another sample...I was boring to see all kind of projects on the Start Pages Recent Projects, and not be able to delete them from the list without deleting the project itself. So - I have building a program who get's the Recent Projects list from the Windows Registry, and then select them from the listbox and delete it manually.  Here is the example written in the Visual Studio 2005 beta 2: using System; using System.Collections.Generic; using System.ComponentModel; using System.Data; using System.Drawing; using System.Text; using System.Windows.Forms; using Microsoft.Win32; na...

Can't delete projects from Visual Studio .Net IDE 'Start Page'
Please ignore this post. Since posting it I found the solution but I'm not able to delete this post. nikita ...

Getting Start Page back
Anyone know if there is a way to show the Start Page again after you close it? Hi, You can try: Help | Show Start Page Regards,...

How to set a start page which is there in a sub-folder as my start page (virtual directoty)
i have a virtual directory and it contains one folder under which i got my start page??Virtual Directory: XXX                              Sub-folder:XX --- > start.aspx now how can set this start.aspx which is under a sub-folder to be my start page???  thanks a lot in advance  browse to that file in Solution explorer of Visual Studio and right click on that page and set as start page. Raghu(MCSD.NET, MCAD.NET, MCDBA)[Don't forget to click on Mark as ans...

DataPager - NumericPagerField Issue
Using <asp:NumericPagerField ButtonCount="5" /> for a paging control with a ListView, when you have more data pages than specified in the ButtonCount property, the control creates a ‘...’ link for the next 5 pages. Clicking this link creates links to pages 6,7,8,9,10 and so on. That's all fine, however clicking the link for page 7, for example, takes you to page 2 – because the doPostback link looks like this:  javascript:__doPostBack('pager$ctl00$ctl02','')  instead of this:  javascript:__doPostBack('pager$ctl00$ctl07',&#...

SUMO start page & product help start page en-US complete!
The SUMO start page and the Firefox 3 product help start page are both ready to be localized. The pages contain very little text, and we estimate this will take less than five minutes to localize. I've written instructions on how to do it in the SUMO Contributor Forum: http://support.mozilla.com/tiki-view_forum_thread.php?comments_parentId=56184&forumId=3 Please let me know if you have any questions, by commenting here or in the forum thread. Thanks! - David On Fri, May 23, 2008 at 2:35 PM, David Tenser <djst.mozilla@gmail.com> wrote: > The SUMO start pag...

Table Group Footer 'Page Break at Start' Starts Printing on same page
I am trying to print a table Group footer on a brand spanking new page.  I have checked the "Page Break at Start" of the Group, However in the Reportviewer the footer starts printing directly below the end of the group, and not on a new page.  I have also tried to add a rectangle to the group footer and ticked "Page Breaks: Insert before rectangle" but the group footer still doesnt print on a page of its own.    Any suggestions as what I might try?   TIA...

How to do this 10 things and on which pages. Lets start and grow
Hello,I need to implement few of this things to make my Classified Kit more functional. I need support from community/Ms for helping me in my project. The functionality are as follows.I mention them in short, i can explain in depth if required.(1) I need to create paragraphs in description. How to integrate FREE TEXT BOX SUPPORT.(2) I need to remove the $ sign from price , so that it can be used in any country.(4) How to remove the Price Feature at all, in my other classified kit for matrimonials classifieds.(5) I need to add ADTYPE so instead of limited FOR SALE and WANTED, i can add more A...

Paging Paging Paging
I am trying to do paging with my search results and it isnt working very well. Here is what I've tried and I feel I've tried everything, lol, please help me out. Sub DataGrid1_SortCommand(Sender as object, e as DataGridSortCOmmandEventArgs) DataGrid1.DataBind() End Sub Sub Datagrid1_PageIndexChanged(Sender as object, e as DataGridPageChangedEventArgs) Dim ds as dataSet DataGrid1.CurrentPageIndex = e.NewPageIndex if Session("Search") is nothing then 'Session probably has expired, get the datasource from database Datagrid1.DataSource = ...

Master Page as Start up page
I am unable to set up master page as a start up page. Thanks   A master page is mostly layout information, not a resource for a user to request directly.Scotthttp://www.OdeToCode.com/blogs/scott/ thanks...

Refreshing a status page (or reporting completion of a task back to the page that started it)
I need to put a button on one of my pages that will insert a record into a "work queue".  There is another application running that queries that queue every 30 seconds to see if a new job is there.  The job will then be run when a record is found, and when the job completes, a date in the job record in the work queue will be updated to mark it complete. I need some way to indicate on the front-end that the job is pending or complete.  I can't just force a refresh of the page holding the button every so often because it is an editable data form and that would mess up or confus...

Importing Html pages in visual studio.net 2005
Hi all, I developed a website using php and now the client wants it in .net. As i ve developed all the pages using php (pages designed using dreamweaver), i want to import the pages into visual studio.net 2005 so that i dont ve to work on the design part  (the way the page looks). please tell me how can i do this. is there any way to this or i ve work on the design part again (by placing the tables and inserting the images accordingly) HTML pages should not need any changes to run under ASP.NET.  They will be served by IIS just like any other static HTML page.  It i...

Importing html page in Visual studio.net 2005
Hi all, I developed a website using php and now the client wants it in .net. As i ve developed all the pages using php (pages designed using dreamweaver), i want to import the pages into visual studio.net 2005 so that i dont ve to work on the design part  (the way the page looks). please tell me how can i do this. is there any way to this or i ve work on the design part again (by placing the tables and inserting the images accordingly)...

Web resources about - Getting things back in Start Page and things out of Start Page - asp.net.visual-studio-2005

Star Wars: The Force Awakens still breaking records, $300M in 5 days
It seems that the Star Wars franchise has finally gotten its epic comeback. At least if box office numbers are going to be the indicator. After ...

Hillary Clinton Gets Emotional As She Addresses 10-Year-Old Who Asks About Bullying
In a rare occurrence, Hillary Clinton got emotional when discussing bullying with a young attendee at her Iowa town hall event on Tuesday, according ...

Real estate heir Durst coming to California on murder charge
seattlepi.com Real estate heir Durst coming to California on murder charge seattlepi.com FILE - In this Tuesday, March 17, 2015, file photo, ...

Tesla Model X Videos & Photos — Last Round
Originally published on EV Obsession. With Tesla Model Xs reportedly in full production, and Signature Series Model Xs now being delivered, and ...

Indian regulator asks Facebook's telecom partner Reliance Communications to temporarily suspend Free ...
Pankaj Doval / The Economic Times : Indian regulator asks Facebook's telecom partner Reliance Communications to temporarily suspend Free Basics ...

Sanders Supporters Hijack Fox News User Poll, Give Bernie 41% of Total Vote
Fox Nation, the official user-generated content arm of the Fox News digital media wing, brands itself with “America’s Talking – All Opinions ...

Steve Harvey's Miss Universe goof mixed with Curb Your Enthusiasm is incredible
You don't have to be a fan of Larry David's comedy series Curb Your Enthusiasm to think this is absolutely hilarious. Steve Harvey's incredible ...

See The Heartwarming Photo Prince Harry Chose For His 2015 Christmas Card
Prince Harry, like his older brother, decided to celebrate the holiday season with a Christmas card of his very own. Last week, the Duke of Duchess ...

As 1m migrants enter the EU this year, number trying to enter the UK doubles
The shocking statistics are a nightmare for Government ministers – made even worse because the total ignores the thousands of stowaways thought ...

Woman Due in Court in Fatal Las Vegas Strip Pedestrian Crash
Mom due in court on murder charge in Vegas Strip pedestrian crash; motive remains a question