Getting Error : While hosting WCF service over Window Service

Hi,

I created one window service project in visual studio 2005 and added following files
after adding dll of system.ServiceModel and system.ServiceProcess

namespace CheckingWcFApplication
{
    [ServiceContract]
    public interface IService
    {
        [OperationContract]
        void ModifyServiceData();
    }
}

namespace CheckingWcFApplication
{
    public class Service : IService
    {
        public void ModifyServiceData()
        {
            CommonData data = CommonData.Instance;
            data.IsModified = true;
        }
    }
}

and for hosting WCF over window service i written:

namespace CheckingWcFApplication
{
    public partial class CheckWCFApplication : ServiceBase, IService
    {

         public ServiceHost serviceHost = null;
         public bool isModified = false;

        public void Test()
        {
            this.serviceHost = new ServiceHost(typeof(CheckWCFApplication), new Uri("http://localhost:8000/CheckingWcFApplication/service"));
            this.serviceHost.Open();
        }

        protected override void OnStart(string[] args)
        {

            this.serviceHost = new ServiceHost(typeof(CheckWCFApplication), new Uri("http://localhost:8000/CheckingWcFApplication/service"));
            this.serviceHost.Open();
        }

        protected override void OnStop()
        {
            this.serviceHost.Close();
            this.serviceHost = null;
        }

        public void ModifyServiceData()
        {
            isModified = true;
        }
  }
}

And Added app.config file :

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
<configuration>

  <system.serviceModel>
    <services>
      <service name="CheckingWcFApplication.Service">
        <host>
          <baseAddresses>
            <add baseAddress="http://localhost:8000/CheckingWcFApplication/service"/>
          </baseAddresses>
        </host>
        <!-- this endpoint is exposed at the base address provided by host: http://localhost:8000/ServiceModelSamples/service  -->
        <endpoint address=""
                  binding="basicHttpBinding"
                  contract="CheckingWcFApplication.IService" />
        <!-- the mex endpoint is explosed at http://localhost:8000/ServiceModelSamples/service/mex -->
        <endpoint address="mex"
                  binding="mexHttpBinding"
                  contract="IMetadataExchange" />
      </service>
    </services>
    <behaviors>
      <serviceBehaviors>
        <behavior name="MyServiceTypeBehaviors">
          <serviceMetadata httpGetEnabled="true"/>
        </behavior>
      </serviceBehaviors>
    </behaviors>
   </system.serviceModel>
 </configuration>

This code is not giving me any compillation error and when i am tring to start the service i m getting the error:

Service 'CheckingWcFApplication.CheckWCFApplication' has zero application (non-infrastructure) endpoints. This might be because no configuration file was found for your application, or because no service element matching the service name could be found in the configuration file, or because no endpoints were defined in the service element.

I am understanding what is going wrong here..Please any one help me to make this WCF service working and hosting over window service and please
tell me how to consume this WCF application from client application(ASP web application)

Thanks,
Akash

Akash

0
replytoakash

See http://forums.microsoft.com/MSDN/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=1096803&SiteID=1

it might help

Kamran Shahid
Sr. Software Engineer
(MCP,MCAD.net,MCSD.net,MCTS,MCPD.net[web])
Netprosys Inc.
www.netprosys.com

Remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps U
0
kamii47

Windows Service
I'm having difficulty with my windows service, I've created it in Visual Studio C# - the service runs but nothing seems to be happining can anyone help?I have the connectionstring in the app.config filein the design i've got a timer component enabled to false with interval set to 30000 this is the service1.cs code:public CreateXml() { InitializeComponent(); } protected override void OnStart(string[] args) { this.timer1.Enabled = true; } protected override void OnStop() { ...

Sql Server 2005 Reporting Service + Visual Studio.NET 2005
Hi, Iam new 2 sql server 2005 reporting services, I created a report server project with few reports and deployed in reportserver. Everything is working fine but i want to integrate these reports to my VS.net 2005 web appliction. Through the interface i have to pass the perameters to my reports. Iam looking for help thxs in advance PradeepPradeep Reddy Take a look over here for a working example : http://www.codeproject.com/aspnet/ReportViewer.asp   HTH,Suprotim Agarwal -----http://www.dotnetcurry.com-----ASP.NET Grid With Excel Capabilities | 27 GridView Tips & Tricks |...

Getting Errors on visual studio .NET 2005 still it is working.
Im getting this errors but when u try to run it its ok. here the html source code.1 <%@ Page Language="VB" MasterPageFile="MasterAdmin.master" AutoEventWireup="false"2 CodeFile="orders.aspx.vb" Inherits="orders" %>3 4 <asp:Content ID="corder" runat="server" ContentPlaceHolderID="Main">5   6 <asp:GridView ID="GVorders" runat="server" AllowPaging="True" AutoGenerateColumns="False"7 BackColor="White" B...

Sql Server 2005 Reporting Service ReportViewer Control and Visual Studio.NET 2003
Hi, We have an ASP.NET 1.1 Application that is written using VS2003 but using SQL Server 2005 as database. Can we use Report Viewer Control that comes with SQL Server 2005 in our ASP.NET 1.1 Application?If not, Can some one suggest some alternative way of showing SQL Server 2005 Reports in ASP.NET 1.1  appllication.  ...

why did i get prompt widow to request Reporting Services Login when i tried to deploy a report through Visual Studio 2005?
at work the reporting server has been set up by others.  when i create a report, i just deploy it without having to login.  i just installed reporting server at home computer.  i chose windows authentication and checked the box to add the installer as administrator.  now when i try to deploy a report, i was asked to login to the server http://localhost/ReportServer with user name and password.  I didn't set up user name or password.  i tried to click ok without filling anything but it didn't work.  could anybody tell me why i am required to...

I can't install Visual Studio .NET 2003 on Windows XP Professional with Service Pack 2
Hi guys, I've been having problem installing Visual Studio .NET 2003 on my Windows XP Professional ever since I installed service pack 2. Whenever I run the setup, I always receive the error message telling me there is a newly installed program that requires me to reboot my system, please click OK to reboot now or click cancel to run the setup again later. I'm really puzzled by that as I have no problem installing it on Windows XP Professional with Service Pack 1. Thanks a million. Regards,Jenson Reinstall the Service pack 2, and restart the PC, afterthat run the setup of VS 2003.NET.G...

An object data source in the Website Data Sources window doesn't appear for a Web Services in Visual Studio 2005
Hello,  I have created a Web Service (ASMX). Everything is fine.   In ASP.NET Web Application, web reference is added for the web service (ASMX). I can access web methods. Works fine till this point.   But unable to see referenced class in Website Data Sources. Our requirement is populate report with web service data.   I have done the same thing with Web Site (project type). Things are perfect here.   Kindly through some idea, to resolve the above issue   (want to see website data source in Web Application project).    Your ...

Error in hosting WCF Service
 Hi Everyone,I have devloped a web service using WCF in .NET 3.5 I tried to deploy the service on Shared Hosting server which has IIS 6.0 I get this error when I try to open the service through URL.IIS specified authentication schemes 'IntegratedWindowsAuthentication, Basic, Anonymous', but the binding only supports specification of exactly one authentication scheme. Valid authentication schemes are Digest, Negotiate, NTLM, Basic, or Anonymous. Change the IIS settings so that only a single authentication scheme is used.  I googled it and found a reply to change the ...

Web resources about - Getting Error : While hosting WCF service over Window Service - asp.net.visual-studio-2005

The Fifth Republican Debate Ends In A Nine-Way Draw
The Republican debate in Las Vegas on Tuesday night had the feeling of a soccer match that ended in a nil-nil draw. It was a tactical and defensively ...

LA schools threat disrupts many people's daily routines
Los Angeles Times LA schools threat disrupts many people's daily routines Los Angeles Times "What are people going to do? They're going to ...

Australia banks agree Android Pay deal, Apple Pay still frozen out
By Swati Pandey SYDNEY (Reuters) - Big Australian banks have agreed to accept payments made on mobile devices using Google Inc's Android Pay, ...

First Trailer for Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them Drops
The key to the ignition of the hype engine has officially been turned — a month after its coming out party in the pages of Entertainment Weekly ...

Space station gets its first ‘official’ British astronaut
Today the International Space Station’s crew welcomed aboard its first “official” British astronaut, Tim Peake, just hours after he blasted off ...

‘Super Smash Bros’: Bayonetta And Corrin Join Cloud As Final Three Fighters, Amiibos Coming Too
A Nintendo Direct livestream presented the final new characters for Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS and Wii U. Final Fantasy VII ‘s Cloud ...

Damning report says officers are missing 'obvious indicators of suspicion' such as violence when investigating ...
A Home Office study revealed UK police are making blunders when investigating crime scenes that are likely to be letting murderers and other ...

Saudi Arabia forms Muslim 'anti-terrorism' coalition
Alliance includes 34 mainly Muslim states but excludes regional rival Iran as well as Iraq and Syria.

Grooveshark clone slammed with damages in lost court case
Following the original Grooveshark’s demise, a cloned version of the service was brought to life in early May of this year, just a few days after ...

Nuance’s voice control going where Siri, Google Now and Cortana fall short
Nuance, the company behind some of the voice technology used for Samsung's S Voice and Apple’s Siri, is ready to go where no other digital assistant ...