File-->Source Control-->Open From Source Control

Just switching over to VS 2005 and in older versions I would always do:

File-->Source Control-->Open From Source Control

in order to open a new project that was located in Visual Source Safe.  However, now the option is:

File-->Source Control-->Launch Microsoft Visual Source Safe

I want to know how to use the new options to get and open a solution from Visual Source Safe using VS 2005.  Thanks

0
MyronCope

Source Control for .NET and Integrated with Visual Studio 2005
 I'm searching for source control solutions via Internet. I prefer to free or open source product, especially it could be integrated to VS2005. A source control can be installed on IIS will save much time for me to configure it. I had glance at Subversion of Tigris but it seem so complex while my team was familiar with Visual Source Safe. Please give me your advice!   You can try Tortoise SVN with Ankh SVN plugin for VSS which is like easy to use.You can also try SourceJammer (www.sourcejammer.org) which is a very nice and stable SC system but it doenst provide VS i...

Visual Studio 2005 / SQL Server Management Studio 2005 Source Control?
I just want a simple software change management tool for these two tools... Team Foundation Server is too big for me...  What should I do? Hi,at the moment we still use Visual Source Safe untill VSTS ships as a RTM version. But there are other systems availble too. I heard some people that they were using CVS but I don't have any experience with it.Grz, Kris.Read my blog. Handy Firefox plugins for web developers.Workaround for non working Mark as answer buttons....

Visual Source Control integration with Source Control (Beta 2)
Our team of ten developers currently uses Visual InterDev 6.0 for website development.  Our development server runs FrontPage server extensions that integrate nicely into Microsoft Source Control.   All developers can work of one common server, we check out files as we need, and check them back in when we are done so that we don't cross over each others work.  This system has worked out very well for us and we are trying to duplicate this setup with 2005 Visual Studio Beta 2.  It appears that the same or similar tools are available in 2005 Beta 2, but I have not be...

Source Control: problem with projects/files auto added to source control
I have library projects that are in source control. Others projects, more personnal projects, are not (including my solution .sln). However, everytime I create a new personal project (lets say a windows application project to help me test a library project), Visual studio automatically try to add the project in the source-control. As long as the project is created in a solution that contains a project in the source control, visual studio takes the initiative of adding entries in my pending changes list: "add project.csproc". From there, I have to go to that...

Simple source control for Visual Studio 2005 / SQL Server Management Studio?
Hi Friends,I am developing a web app using Visual Studio 2005 and SQL 2005.  I want source control but I don't want to purchase/install the Team Foundation -- it offers way too many functionalities I don't want.  Is there a free tool that integrates with VS 2005 and SQL Server 2005 Management Studio, allowing me to perform source control easily?Thanks. I don't know of any SourceControl that integrates with VS besides SourceSafe, but if you're looking for a free decent sourcemanagement solution I can advise WinCVS. It works pretty much like SourceSafe (checking files in and o...

The project appears to be under source control, but the associated source control plug-in is not installed on this computer. Source control will be disabled for this project.
Hi EveryoneNot sure if this is the right forum to post this on but here goes anyway.I have a project built in VS2003. I would like to open this with VS2008.  It was created by another company and we have been asked to modify the project. When I open the project it comes up with a message "The source control provider associated with this solution could not be found. The projects will be treated as not under source control.This makes a large amount of the project unavailable. How do I stop this and view the whole project?  Rob"Man is the best computer…and the only one that ...

Visual Studio 2005 & telerik r.a.d.Controls & Visual Source
Do the telerik Q4 2005 controls need to be added for each user login? I am getting an error thatthe assemblies cannot be located for a project that works on another machine. Are there any configurations settting that could cause the same project from Source Safe to build on one machineand not another? Please Help! I suspect that the problem is due to either of these:1. The assemblies are referenced manually on machine one (i.e. the solution looks for them in C:\Program Files\Telerik\...). Since the r.a.d.controls are not installed on the second machine, the build will fail. You should chec...

file>open>website is not there in Visual Studio 2008
I have installed Visual Studio 2008. But I am not getting the Open Website option, please help me. Regards,RampratapPlease remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you. what version of VS, and did you install all the options? I got it, actually while installing I removed the installation of Visual Web Developer 2008.Regards,RampratapPlease remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you....

Can't insert OLE controls. GPF when accessing
Hi all, I'm running PB 9 (6533) on Wndows XP and having problems when trying to insert OLE Controls. PB crashes when clicking on the Tab "Insert Control" in dialogue "Insert Object". PB 10 beta works fine and PB 8 crashes like PB9 (all on the same PC). Does anyone have any clue how to solve this? /Thanks! I am having the exact same issue in PB8 on windows XP. I noticed that no one had a reply so I was wondering if you were ever able to resolve the issue. Thanks ...

The source control binding information has been removed for project. The project will be opened without source control.
Iam Getting This Error When i open the project.Can Anyone help me get out of this problem....

DevCafe
What is DevCafe source control?DevCafe Source Control allows users to share files and maintain a history of previous versions. We see its primary use for sharing information between organisations or for geographically dispersed teams.DevCafe Source Control has the following features:* Check in and checkout files* Attach notes to files* Create multiple projects all with different access rights* Create users with read only access to projects* Automatic versioning of files* Receive email notification when a file is changed* Encrypt files using Triple DES Encryption* Create MD5 Hash of files* Po...

Web Control with <abc:Control>TEXT HERE</abc:Control>
I'm trying to create a custom web control and support putting stuff in the middle - between the openning and closing tags:  <abc:Control>TEXT HERE</abc:Control> I would like to be able to put both text and other web controls between the tags. How do I do this? hi, why not the normal web user control? It also works fine. Maybe it is hard to create a control with the openning and closing tags...

Feasible: PVCS as Visual Studio 2005 Source Control Provider?
Hi,Has anyone used PVCS as a Source Control Provider for VS2005?  We were using PVCS 7.5 as a provider for VS2003, but it does not look like PVCS is going to work as-is with VS2005.  On any action that references PVCS, we receive the error message: "Your source control provider PVCS Source Control is using relative paths or paths that are not on local drives for locating its libraries.  Since this might be a security issue, you will not be able to use this provider to perform source control operations".Currently our PVCS implementation uses a network drive to load some DLLs.&n...

Free Open Source Version control for Visual Studio 2008
Hi   Can anybody give some expert opinion about Version contol? We are looking for Free open Source which work with Visual Studio 2008 well. Please if you can forward the link to download. or Guide?   Thanks  Do you have a spare PC on which you could run Linux? - if so there is probaly a visual Studio client for one of the Un*x ones.Don't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you.This credits that member, earns you a point and marks your thread as Resolved so we will all know you have been helped.  There is a for example - http://...

Web resources about - File-->Source Control-->Open From Source Control - asp.net.visual-studio-2005