Error When Debugging (Unable to start debugging on the web server. Unable to connect to the web server. Varify that the web server is running and that incoming HTTP request are not blocked by a firewa

Hi,

When im going to run asp.net website its giving this error.

Unable to start debugging on the web server. Unable to connect to the web server. Varify that the web server is running and that incoming HTTP request are not blocked by a firewall.

 please help me to solve this problem.

Thank you.

Pubudu  SleepYes

0
Pubudu

If you are running your site off of a different machine than you are developing on, you need to install and configure the Visual Studio Remote Debugger on that machine.

0
srkirkland
11/1/2007 6:05:24 AM

try to change the address from http://localhost to http://yourIP...

i hope it's worked...

make choice between .net & Java.....
0
XpBoyzcx
11/2/2007 8:36:33 AM

First of all what u need to do is to check the version set in ur IIS. for this take the default website properties-->ASP.Net-->ASp.Net Version.
Set the latest version.
If this didnt solve ur problem, check if ur website is located to the root folder itself if u r running thru IIS.

Cheers
Bino
www.codepal.co.in

Please Mark as Answer if you find the post useful.
0
binobose
11/9/2007 5:40:50 AM

It Happened to me I just reinstalled the IIS that worked

0
ravindranathw

Best solution is installing IIS Feature before installing VS2005.

or

If u have installed VS2005 before installing IIS Feature, try to reinstall asp.net after installing IIS Feature by typing following Command in command prompt.

Follow this link:

http://comstock-software.com/blogs/aspnet2csharp/2006/09/reinstall-aspnet.html

Optional

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/317012

Wink Thank u.

Pubudu

0
Pubudu
7/25/2008 5:00:17 AM

I had the same problem
mine is solved by restarting IIS

type on run "iisreset"

IIS will be restarted and problem solved

Regards

Lalit Dwivedi

Cybage, Pune

0
lalit_dave

Unable to start debugging. Unable to connect to the web server. Verify the web server is running and that incoming HTP requests are not blocked by a firewall.
I have been using ASP.net 2.0 VS 2005 express edition c# on a single machine with IIS 5.1. Browser is MS IE 7.0. There have been no problems until a few days ago.   Debugging works 30% of the time, albeit very slowly. 70% of the time I get this message: "Unable to start debugging. Unable to connect to the web server. Verify the web server is running and that incoming HTP requests are not blocked by a firewall." This happens for old and new websites alike.   I have: stopped firewalls with no impact. de-registered and registered ASP 2....

Error while trying to run project: Unable to start debugging on the web server. Server side-error occurred on sending debug HTTP request.
Error while trying to run project: Unable to start debugging on the web server. Server side-error occurred on sending debug HTTP request. Make sure the server is operating correctly. Verify there are no syntax errors in web.config by doing a Debug.Start Without Debugging. You may also want to refer to the ASP.NET and ATL Server debugging topic in the online documentation. Would you like to disable future attempts to debug ASP.NET pages for this project? Hi, i recommend u check this set of solutions Error: Unable to Start Debugging on the Web Server best of luck.Bilal Hadiar, MCP, MCT...

Error while trying to run project: Unable to start debugging on the web server. Server-side error occurred on sending debug HTTP request.
Why do I receive the following from: <appSettings> <add key="ConnectionString" value="server=SEVERNAME;database=databaseName;uid=sa;pwd=tester" /> </appSettings> SYMPTOMS When you debug an ASP.NET application in Visual Studio .NET, you may receive the following error message: Error while trying to run project: Unable to start debugging on the web server. Server-side error occurred on sending debug HTTP request. Make sure the server is operating correctly. Verify there are no syntax errors in web.config by doing a Debug.Start wit...

Unable to start debugging on the web server. The debugger is not registered on the web server computer. Visual Studio or the full remote debugger components must be installed on the web server!
Can somebody help me with this error message i get this when i want to debug my web application. I looked on the web many sites are talking about it but no one gives a good explanation for it. I use VS 2005, My OS is Windows XP professional 64 bits(Maybe this is the cause!) And the web prject is a Shop online. Thanks for your help!!  I think you should register IIS with Framework 2.0; How? run the below command on Command Prompt. C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\aspnet_regiis.exe -i Hope it will work. Regards,  Ather Ali ShaikhSr. System AnalystGASCO Abu Dhabi,...

unable to start debugging on web server. server side error occured on sending debug HTTP request [:'(]
hi  i get the above error when i try to run my project. i'm using ASP.Net 1.1 and visual studio 2003. if i select debug --> start without debugging i get the following error : Server Error in '/OMP' Application. Configuration Error Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately. Parser Error Message: Unrecognized attribute 'type'.Source Error: Line 10: <configuration> Line 11: &...

unable to start debugging on the web server. the web server did not respond in a timely manner. this may be because another debugger is already attached to the web server.
When i start debugging, it looks like it's going to work and the VS toolbars change to show the debugging toolbar options. However the cursor changes to the "busy" cursor and vista 'ghosts out' VS 2008 indicates that it's "not responding" in the title bar. The web browser never starts up and if you I it several minutes I get the following error: "Unable to start debugging on the web server. The web server did not respond in a timely manner. This may be because another debugger is already attached to the web server." HOWEVER, if you then im...

Unable to start debugging on the web server. The web server could not find the requested resource
Hi When i try to compile/debug my application i get this popup error. Unable to start debugging on the web server. The web server could not find the requested resource Does anybody know know how to resolve this?   Regards Macker       did you look at this article http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms165025(VS.80).aspxKumar Reddi No   But i will have a look at it and see if that fixes my problem   Thanks I had this problem in VS 2005 when the IDE was viewing an xml file.  I would press F5 to start debugging and it would show t...

Error While Trying to run project: Unable to start debugging on the web server. You do not have permissions to debug the server. Verify that you are a member..
Hello. Can't quite figure out how to get this to work. It sounds like I am having permissions problems. Read through several articles but nothing worked so far. This is my configuration and what I have done.  Windows XP Pro, Visual Studio.Net 2003, IIS 5.1, Local debugging and hosting I had to re-install IIS again after Visual Studio.Net 2003 due to IIS not working the first time! Ran into a quick error of not being able to start due to permissions. So I typed this in at a dos command prompt:   %windir%\Microsoft.Net\Framework\v1.1.4322\aspnet-regiis.exe -i   ...

Unable to start debuggin on the web server ... Server side-error occured on sending debug HTTP request
I received the above error message when I tried to debug an ASP.NET web application. I am using IIS 5.1 on Windows XP professional. I have already done the following: 1. Checked my virtual directory on IIS and it alows applications. It is an application directory. 2. I have already added the MIME type .tmp on the MIME types. 3. My web config file has debug="true" and under authorizations it allows all users. In spite of this I continue getting the same error message. Any suggestions or help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks TS Try starting your app...

Cannot debug: Unable to start debugging on the web server. The debug request could not be processed by the server due to invalid syntax.
We do not have this problem on any other machine, but one we cannot hit F5 and run, we get the following error: Unable to start debugging on the web server. The debug request could not be processed by the server due to invalid syntax. I'd like to to know what syntax it is talking about. If we manually attach we are fine, but this slows the process for that developer.  I only found one post on this and it wasn't much help as it was speaking to IIS 6.0 and server extensions which this computer does not have.  I cannot duplicate the error on any other machine that is configured the...

Unable to start debugging on the web server. The web server is not configured correctly.
Hi everyone, I work on C# project (VS 2008, framework 3.5, default Web Site)  that suddenly started giving me this error : "Unable to start debugging on the web server. The web server is not configured correctly.". The web.config is set : <compilation debug="true" strict="false" explicit="true">. Any help will be greatly appreciated!     Did you try closing and then re-opening Visual Studio?Allan Horwitz Yes Hi, To better understand your issue, please confirm the following information: If we create a simple ...

Unable to start debugging on the web server. The Microsoft Visual Studio Remote Debugging Monitor (MSVSMON.EXE) does not appear to be running on the remote computer.
Hi there, I have now tried to debug from my Windows XP/SP2 client, to a Windows 2003 server, running the Remote Debuggin Monitor. This does not work at all, and I keep getting this annoying error message: "Unable to start debugging on the web server. The Microsoft Visual Studio Remote Debugging Monitor (MSVSMON.EXE) does not appear to be running on the remote computer.". I have searched the Internet thin, but unable to find a suitable solution. However, if choose the option "Attach to process...", and then set the qualifier to DOMAIN\UserName@ServerName, then it works perfectly fine. So...

Unable to Start Debugging on the Web Server. the microsoft visual studio remote debugging monitor (msvsmon.exe) does not appear to be running on the remote computer. On one PC but not the other..
Here is my problem, I have two XP PC's (SP2) with VS2005 installed on them. (One is a VMware PC is that makes any difference) On the non-VMware PC I can open a web project located on a remote web server via file share and run Debug and it works as expected. On the VMware PC, doing the same thing (pointing to the same app) I run debug and I get the message box "Unable to Start Debugging on the Web Server. The microsoft visual studio remote debugging monitor (msvsmon.exe) does not appear to be running on the remote computer."  Firewall settings are the same between the two. &nb...

Error: "Unable to connect to Visual Studio's Localhost Web Server" when running a local web project
I get the above error when I try to run my project.  Any ideas what the configuration of the computer needs to be in order to run VS2005's local web server? Ok, the problem is that I apparently don't have the executable on my machine.  Does anyone know how I can reinstall this executable?  I've tried to repair my .NET studio installation, but no luck. I got same proplem , did you solve it ? if you .. please help me Thanks Top Systems Inc.Coding ServicesBooks Download I accidentally hit my firewall program to block the web server application.  When I fig...