ERROR: "Visual Web Developer does not support opening Sharepoint web sites." HELP

Hi all,

I am having trouble opening/creating a web site on a server running sharepoint services.
I am opening/creating an ASP.Net website using Visual Studio 2005. I'm on my development machine running Windows XP.
The server I am trying to open/create it on is a Windows 2003 server.

It is always give me this error: "Visual Web Developer does not support opening Sharepoint web sites. See help for more details".

I have read read very old posts about this error, but none of the info was about to solve the problem for me.

Would greatly appreciate it if someone could help me with this problem.

thanks

michael

0
vip2k

bullpit

"visual web developer does not support creating web sites on a Sharepoint Web Server"
I get this message when I try to create a web site using VS2005 using HTTP, not the file system. "visual web developer does not support creating web sites on a Sharepoint Web Server". Anyone know how to fix this?  Thanks Added info for the above post:I am running Windows XP locally and simply am trying to create a web site in VS2005 using HTTP.  I am not using Visual Web Developer, nor do I have it installed on my machine.The error message mentions Visual Web Developer, so I wanted to clarify that I'm running VS2005 and not VWD.Thanks This is the third report I've s...

Difference between "Visual Studio 2005 Professional" and "Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition"
I would like to build a web application for my department.  But I found that both tools can be used to build a ASP web site.  What is the difference between these two tools ?  Do they function the same ?  You can review this online features matrix between all visual studio versionshttp://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/vstudio/aa700921.aspx  Hosam Kamel Remember to click on Mark as answer on the post that helped you Have a look here http://blogs.msdn.com/mikhailarkhipov/archive/2006/06/26/647516.aspx. Thanks----------------------------------------------------------...

Upgrading from "Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition Beta 2" to "Visual Studio 2005 Beta 2"
Newby question: I am learning ASP.NET and downloaded "Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition Beta 2" in order to practice and learn the ropes.I just received "Visual Studio 2005 Beta 2" and would like to upgrade. However, I haven't found any reference to removing "Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition Beta 2" before installing "Visual Studio 2005 Beta 2".Should I remove it?What do I need to back up before doing so?Thanks in advance,Ira I believe you can install VS on top of VWD. They, in fact, can coexits (although they will share some files).Thanks----------------------------------...

"Visual Studio .NET cannot create or open the application. Web site 'http://localhost/2373/Labs/Lab071' not started on this Web server. "
i wanted to create a New Project, with Visual Basic Projects as Project Type, and ASP.NET Web Application as the selected Templates. However, there was an error message pop up saying these: "Visual Studio .NET cannot create or open the application. Web site 'http://localhost/2373/Labs/Lab071' not started on this Web server. " How may i overcome it? Is 2373 already a directory in your web root? How about Labs? It might have something to do with subdirectories, have you tried creating one just off the route? Ala: http://localhost/labs071 ? You might want to try to see if tha...

Visual Studio "Orcas" Visual Studio.net "2005"
What are Microsoft on weed??? Whidby Orcas Indigo XAML Longhorn What are they trying to do to us developers. The transition to any new tools should be minimal. What we know about WebServices is now old bunk. Why did we bother with .net 1.1???????? Now we need to learn new silly names and new ways of doing things. Yes .net 1.1 is still supported in v2.0. But there are a million and one other needless things that we will have pushed onto us. Only to find in anther two years that they are old hat and there are new radical ways to do what we want.MCAD.Net vb.n...

Visual Web Developer does not support opening Web sites on a SharePoint Web server
Hello,  I am trying to open up a website project that is a Microsoft Office Sharepoint Services project in Visual Studio 2005 and am getting this error: Visual Web Developer does not support creating Web sites on a SharePoint Web server    Can anyone help?    Thanks* Please mark as answer if indeed it is. Thanks! Hi ikelly, Seems this is a known issue. Please access the following link and view Dan’s solution. "visual web developer does not support creating web sites on a Sharepoint Web Server"http://forums.asp.net/p/942449/1129846.aspx#1129846 &...

"Unable to start debugging" error starting a web site in Visual Studio 2005
I have been using .NET 2.0 and Visual Studio 2005. Today I tried to create and run a web site in VIsual Studio 2008. It would not run and gave me the following error: "Unable to start debugging on the web server. Unable to connect to the web server. Verify that the web server is running and that incoming HTTP request are not blocked by a firewall." After changing a few things on that new web site in IIS 6.0 without success, I went back to my old VS 2005 web sites that were running fine. Now, they all give me that error when I try to run them. It seems that .NET 2.0 was corru...

Visual Studio 2005 Profiler "Launch Error: The web.config file xxx\web.config has been changed and backup information was lost."
Hi,  I am experiencing this error when trying to start a Visual Studio 2005 profiling session (Instrumentation) for my ASP.NET 2.0 web application.  I could not find any information regarding this issue and have no idea what might cause the problem, as the Visual Studio 2005 profiler already worked with that very same application, a couple of weeks ago. Anyone? Thanks in advance! Hello, Can you tell me if you found a solution for the issue because I'm experimenting the same issue ? Thanks !...

Publishing "Personal Web Site Starter Kit", Visual Web Developer 2005 on IIS 5.1 in Windows XP 2002 sp2
Dear IIS GurusI am trying to publish the "Personal Web Site Starter Kit" provided as an example with "Visual Web Developer 2005"  as a Virtual Directory on IIS 5.1. I host IIS 5.1 on my development mashine running Windows XP professional 2002 with service pack 2.On browsing the virtual directory I get the following error message: "Server Application Unavailable The web application you are attempting to access on this web server is currently unavailable.  Please hit the "Refresh" button in your web browser to retry your request. Administrator Note: An error message detailing th...

I try to exercise a sample in Visual Web Developer 2005 Express help, why do I always get the error "Please input another password"?
 Now I try to exercise a sample in Visual Web Developer 2005 Express help Title:   Walkthrough: Creating a Web Site with Membership and User Login (Visual Studio)URL:     ms-help://MS.VSExpressCC.v80/MS.NETFramework.v20.chs/dv_VWDcon/html/296c0be6-9ad5-4104-9a1b-a853986fa1a3.htm The following is from Visual Web Developer 2005 Express helpI have do 1-6 step, it is OK, but when I create user (7th step), I always get the error "Please input another password"? I'm sure that I have type a normal and correct password, why cause error? thank! To create a member...

"Visual Web Developer Web Server" and Web Services
I like the new "Visual Web Developer Web Server" (Do you want suggestions for a longer name!) but I have an issue with using it to host a Web Service. Whenever the Web Service is recompiled and run it ends up with a different port number. Therefore, it seems that any references to that WS in other applications are invalidated and need to be re-established when it's run again. Is there a way of pinning the port number, or am I missing something? CheersNick Grattan, MSDN Regional Director, Ireland. Software Paths Limited. Hi Nick, the internal server is used for local...

Visual Web Developer does not support openning SharePoint Web sites
I was trying to open my sharepoint website using VS2005, and got this error message. I've tried open the website either from "Local IIS" or "Remote Site" (Using URL instead of localhost), but got the same error message. The system environment on my machine is as follows: OS: Windows2003 server with sp1 Framework 2.0 Sharepoint Service 2.0, No portal server  IIS: Allowed ASP.Net v1.1.4322 and Windows Sharepoint Services, No FrontPage extension Visual Studio 2005 Does anyone have any idea about this? Is there any workaround available for it? Thanks VS does not support e...

Sharepoint help! Error msg : "A Web Part or Web Form Control on this Web Part Page cannot be displayed or imported because it is not registered on this site as safe"
hihi, I have set up a testing virtual server on my local machine. I installed win server 2003, wss 2.0, sql server 2000, and visual studio .net 2003. i tried to create a project in C# but when i build it and import the web part (.dwp) into the page, there is this error msg "A Web Part or Web Form Control on this Web Part Page cannot be displayed or imported because it is not registered on this site as safe"  I seached most of the sites and they informed that the problem lies in the safe control in web.config i enter the safe control in web.config but i does not know where to put ...

Web resources about - ERROR: "Visual Web Developer does not support opening Sharepoint web sites." HELP - asp.net.visual-studio-2005